EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Planes of Prophecy Beta > General Beta Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 11-09-2017, 03:38 AM   #1
Grouse

I was chugging along, not too quick, not too slow, dual boxing with a Wizard and a Templar. The poor Templar really couldn't solo, as his DPS took three to five minutes to take down a solo, white mob. However, he could keep the Wizard's mercenary alive, allowing her to use max DPS to take out the mobs in about one minute.

That was until this weekend. The Duo members turned 104 and things sort of went downhill. Now, the Templar is spamming group heals as fast as possible to keep the mercs alive. The Wizard is spamming every single damage skill she has ... and a solo white mob takes three to five minutes to take down -- assuming the mercs don't die.

I saw the discussion about the charms changing, but their clicky effects don't seem to apply to overland zones.

FYI -- For the record, they both have a Fervor of zero and both are wearing nothing except the beta issued armor for their class.

Note: I consider the mercs valuable as a distraction for the mob, to take their attention off the Wizard. However, they seem to do nothing in the damage department.
Old 11-09-2017, 05:26 AM   #2
Mermut

Mercs have never done any damage worth mentioning at top level. Even my defiler in ToT was kicking the 'dps mercs' in the teeth.
Top tier mercs are healers or utility.. that's about it.
Mermut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2017, 06:32 AM   #3
Grouse

The Templar and Wizard left their mercs behind and took a look at The Coliseum of Valor. They finally ran out of time and gated out. For example, the first of the three winged mobs with the pretty little star took over ten minutes to kill. Basically, we are back to the same status as the Templar was in when he first started. I'll have to allocate a couple of hours for my next attempt. The one positive thing is that the Wizard is not made of paper. She takes a lot of damage and the Templar has no problems keeping her alive... (as long as they avoid surprise additions)

I forgot to check their fervor after getting the buff.
Old 11-09-2017, 06:39 AM   #4
Mermut

They changed the Fount of Power buff from 500 fervor to 200 fervor.. so they effectively reduced dps by 1/2 or more in the ones that use that buff.
Old 11-09-2017, 07:31 PM   #5
Kander

Developer

Mercenaries are still on the docket for buffing for PoP. They will get a significant damage boost when they are in the planes.
Kander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2017, 07:54 PM   #6
Shmogre

Excellent news, thank you!
Shmogre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2017, 10:39 PM   #7
Bord

In that buffing, will they benefit from the armor value on armor pieces, instead of just the mit % increase? I'm weird and like to make my pally merc tank Smile
Old 11-10-2017, 01:32 AM   #8
Steelviper

Well, looking at the stats of your toon in the signature, and not knowing the stats of your toons on Beta, there's a couple of things to note, from my personal experience on it (Necromancer dps class). First, you'd be happy to have at least 45.000 Potency (maybe 40.000 Potency as a non-dps class), second is your health - you should have at least 17m health on your toon - Proving Grounds, doing the Epic 2.0 and getting your weapon + orange adorn for it helps with that a lot.
Thing is, the "solos" in Planes of Prophecy are not really Solo zones anymore, they're heroic zones with you using a buff to "scale up" to the enemies, but even with the buff it takes quite longer for the names than what you'd be used to from Solo zones in previous expacs. Thus, without some decent optimization to your stats + gear, you're likely to end up shafted anywhere but overland zone.
Third, without the help of upgraded Ascensions - at least Adept level - it's going to be rough. Maybe the coming expac will provide for that, we'll see.
Steelviper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2017, 07:38 AM   #9
Grouse

Being more of a crafter than a raider really looked at stats.
The Wizard has the following; outside / inside
Crit Chance 1,452 / same
Crit Bonus 4,001 / same
Potency: 25,479 / 84,720
Fervor: 0 / 200
Resolve: 329 / same
Ability Mod: 241,096 / same
Reuse Speed: 299 / same
Casting Speed: 265 / same
Recovery Speed: 28 / same
Spell Reuse Spd: 0 / same
Spell Doublecast: 79 / same
Old 11-10-2017, 07:48 AM   #10
Mermut

The Fount of Power buff (which is now auto-applied) used to give 500... reducing it by 300 is over a 50% drop in dps from the boost.
Old 11-10-2017, 05:15 PM   #11
Grouse

Amen!