EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Planes of Prophecy Beta > General Beta Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 11-09-2017, 07:31 PM   #1
knine

With the changes going forward are the abilities going to be looked at and tweaked while in beta for us to test them or they staying in the current state?
knine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2017, 11:40 PM   #2
Bardonio

Why would deity abilities be tweaked?
Old 11-09-2017, 11:42 PM   #3
Mermut

I agree with knine. Information that they are being looked at or are going to be left as is would be appreciated.
Mermut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2017, 11:57 PM   #4
knine

Because in their current state they are weak. They are GOD abilities. It will now take a bit of XP to even get one. Devastation of RO was a great god ability. (I was good so couldn’t get it). It did what a GOD ability should do. Not at my computer atm but pretty sure it is like this. You have one mit buff of 4336 in each tree; a death prevent (healer death prevents don’t even work, except maybe the wardens or clerics aa one). You have rending abilities in each tree, which is on almost every single weapon/ranged/secondary item. You have a fervor buff of 4.5; an ability that allows abilities to be used while in stealth which most people are casting ascensions anyway.

So again I would ask if they are being looked at or left in the current state. If left in the current state then XP means little again when you hit 110. Minimal amount of XP will go towards the now static abilities and the abilities are weak.
Old 11-10-2017, 02:59 AM   #5
Ilyriel-Jentara

The only one i saw changed was Tribunal to +4.5 fervor and +4.5 fervor overcap.
Old 11-10-2017, 02:59 AM   #6
Bardonio

well a person who had ankle surgery needs a crutch. Take that crutch away and watch the patients ankle gain strength with its own natural ability. The more you complain, the more they take away. Already started in beta. I’m certain the devs who implemented this system are kicking themselves right about now, if they’re still with Daybreak. Unless of course all these abilities are being utilized in Trakanon kills, then I’ll gladly shut up and move forward.
Old 11-11-2017, 01:23 AM   #7
knine

Could we revisit how many abilities that we can also take. 3 max is what I see and we can't have anymore but yet we will still being filling up and capping at 10. Probably only gonna use these abilities in zones if at all, depending on if they get tweaked or not. Just a thought to at least make points useful again Smile
Old 11-11-2017, 02:44 AM   #8
Mermut

Unfortunately, given the change to the tribunal ability, I doubt they're going to buff the abilities Frown
Mermut is offline   Reply With Quote