EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Planes of Prophecy Beta > General Beta Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 10-18-2017, 05:02 AM   #1
Andric

a generic made character - bruiser - wiping stuff in a couple hit. No challenge at all. At 100, with ascensions took out a red 110+ name (deep red) without losing health. I do not play a bruiser normally, using default aa plan, so very un-optimized.
Old 10-18-2017, 06:02 AM   #2
Mermut

They don't want to starting area to be rough on new players. I expect further in things will get more interesting
Mermut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 12:58 PM   #3
Earar

it's not rough ... but also I made a monk, full adpets, fighting orange con mobs and killing them in 2 sec ... is a bit too easy.

since we get level increase I would have tought we would start again to see white or yellow con mobs but also a bit harder. in old days, it took a bit longer to kill mobs, here the only reason u cannot pull them all and OS them ... is because all mobs are too far from each other.

they are too easy. way too easy
Old 10-18-2017, 05:45 PM   #4
Wreakinn

I like this thread, as this has long been a worry of mine. Once you hit 15k potency, adv solos are so easy as to be a joke. Otoh, I remember when I strolled into KA after a 2 year break with 900 potency and couldn't take out a single up.

Will be adding my two cents here for sure.
Old 10-18-2017, 06:24 PM   #5
Sudedor

While I agree that there could be a potential concern here, I think that we need to see how that same beta buffed character fares in the solo and advanced solo instances before we decide it's an issue. It's probably ok if the beta buffed character rolls through the overland content, but a much greater concern if he does so thru solo and advanced solo instances.
Old 10-18-2017, 06:26 PM   #6
Leed

Hopefully once we are up to the heroics it's closer to KA than to ToT in difficulty. Don't forget the beta buff gear we're coming in with is about 30k potency, and while I have that on live thank to ethereals and tome of the ascended - a lot of people don't have that. As long as it ramps up in the heroics it's ok if the overland helps give people a jump start on getting better gear.
Old 10-18-2017, 06:27 PM   #7
Andric

But everyone will have access to the beta buff gear in live as well.
Old 10-19-2017, 08:12 AM   #8
Sudedor

Yes, and that's a good thing. Like I said, we need to see how this gear plays in the areas that are supposed to be more difficult. I don't find it very troubling that any person is able to easily complete overland content.

When we take that same character / gear combination and place it in circumstances that are supposed to be more difficult and it is still able to crush through the content, at that point we need to look at the reasons and decide where the problem might be.
Old 10-24-2017, 04:25 AM   #9
Leed

Having done more of the overland now it is a bit silly at times when a quest mob lunges at me, and my riposte (and we all know how underpowered melee dmg is compared to ability damage) kills it. I mean - this is suppose to be a planar being, and I melee'd it to death?
Old 10-24-2017, 05:26 AM   #10
Clintsat

Overland mobs are incredibly under-powered with their current buff package. I'm one-two shotting names on my Fury.
Old 10-24-2017, 06:38 AM   #11
Hot_Rod

Personally, I hope they do not leave the beta buffed gear box in when it goes live (how to explain THAT in Lore?). The Summer event is staying and gives anyone good enough gear to kill overlands if they are careful (try it). Also a few of the FG HQ rewards are worth using if it wer not for the 1500 potency per piece on the beta gear (even beats the ToT/HA tradeskill Mastercrafter cloak and held item from ToT).

PS.Handcrafted armorer gear is better than the beta box stuff and L100, Mastercrafted is 105 and pretty sweet, though takes over 500 mats per piece at the moment...
Old 10-24-2017, 09:13 AM   #12
Kitira

Overland mobs are incredibly under-powered for people who are in a ton of raid gear from KA. Overland mobs shouldn't be tuned to that gear set. I just came back around a month ago and I missed the summer ethereal event and I need two more quests to get my 2.0 finished; mobs on beta are just right for my gear set. There's more people who don't have a ton of fervor and potency than those who do and making entry level mobs to the expansion hard because you all have outstanding gear will just put a bad taste in people's mouths. The gear given by Finch parses fine as the entry point into the new expansion.

I played when KA first started and stopped playing a couple months into the expansion. Before I quit I was able to do t1 and some t2 heroics with normal difficulty. When I came back, now because of fervor, things are much more difficult and my Panda quest geared toons don't do well in even t1 heroics. The gear path is nuts now and you basically need to be carried or buy SLR to play in zones. The new expansion gives people a way to catch up and clearly that's what the developers are looking for since being level 100 is the only pre-req to playing in PoP.

Crafted gear is better than the beta box stuff and it should be, they require a lot of materials to make and the beta buffer gear is level 100, some of the crafted pieces I've seen floating around on beta are 105. That 5 level difference means that gear should obviously be better.

tl:dr - Please leave the overland mobs in PoM the way they are currently, they are entry level mobs and should be killable by those with entry level gear.
Old 10-24-2017, 11:52 AM   #13
Steelviper

It was always the case (all those years I've been playing) that heroic gear from last expac was about on level of Advanced Solo / Solo gear of the new expac, with which tier of gear overland mobs become rater trivial, and raid gear from last expac was good enough to do new heroic zones until you find better replacements.
So I don't see why overland mobs shouldn't be "underpowered" to people who got their toons copied over and have some good heroic / raid gear, to be honest I much prefer it that way over numb grinding down mobs to move around in the zone, which can get rather tiresome after a while if you have to do that with every single overland mob.
Steelviper is offline   Reply With Quote