EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Kunark Ascending Beta > Zones and Quest Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 10-28-2016, 02:03 AM   #121
Kaitheel

Developer

Some more quest changes are coming to Beta:
  • Case of the Missing Headpiece - Aerdaerys Case is now removed from inventory when speaking with Thaalia Faerel.
  • Case of the Missing Headpiece - Obulus Remnants now respawn faster, during their spawn times (night).
  • A Mist Call - Advisor Vrisril is now appropriate challenge when encountered in "Lost City of Torsis: Reaver's Remnants [Solo]"
  • Kunark Ascending: Resurrection Machination - Trader Gorakris now grants a replacement "Middle Shard of an Obulus Medallion" if it is lost.
  • Kunark Ascending: Resurrection Machination - Thaalia Faerel now grants a replacement "Top Shard of an Obulus Medallion" if it is lost.
  • Kunark Ascending: Resurrection Machination - Wreek now grants a replacement "Bottom Shard of an Obulus Medallion" if it is lost.
I don't know when these changes should be on Beta, but they should be included in the update notes at that time.

Thank you all for your continued help in making this expansion that much better! Your feedback and bug reporting is really appreciated!

~ Kaitheel
Kaitheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2016, 02:47 AM   #122
Kaitheel

Developer

More changes!
  • Lightning Bug Hunt - Lightning Wand range has been increased.
  • Remains to Be Seen - Deletion of quest now removes Whispering Medallion from inventory.
  • Remains to Be Seen - Whispering Medallion update locations should be easier to trigger.
  • Remains to Be Seen - A Kramdul defender now attacks you, and will now accomodate multiple groups at the same time.
  • Giant Impressment Effort - Added some direction to the quest journal and Arcanist Chaarex's dialogue.
  • Giant Impressment Effort - Deletion of quest now removes enslavement vessel from inventory.
  • Giant Impressment Effort - Arcanist Chaarex replaces the enslavement vessel if it is lost.
I don't know when these changes should be on Beta, but they should be included in the update notes at that time.

~ Kaitheel
Old 11-03-2016, 01:57 AM   #123
Kaitheel

Developer

MOAR changes. Usual stipulations apply.
  • Idol Destruction - A Syllokk zealot now locks on the player who destroyed the Syllokk idols.
  • Idol Destruction - A Syllokk zealot now despawns if player is defeated.
  • Idol Destruction - A Syllokk militant now uses fighter abilities.
  • Wings in Danger - A Barrens poacher now uses scout abilities.
  • Wings in Danger - A Barrens bandit now uses fighter abilities.
  • Wings in Danger - Barrens poachers and bandits now respawn faster.
  • Wings in Danger - Fallen Greenmist guards no longer appear to have health.
  • Damage the Trust - Captain Tazthas has been convinced to speak with you, even if you have already completed "Kunark Ascending: Seeking Reassurance."
  • Littered Along the Pass - Relics have more spawnpoints and faster respawn, now.
~ Kaitheel
Old 11-03-2016, 10:56 AM   #124
CSP84

Kaitheel what about the quest "Wings in Danger" will Captain Taztahs as well offer the quest ?
Old 11-03-2016, 03:45 PM   #125
Kaitheel

Developer

Not in Beta, unfortunately. But the cause was identified and shouldn't happen on live, or to other players on Beta from here on.

~ Kaitheel
Old 11-03-2016, 11:24 PM   #126
Knotme

Sorry, accidently posted this earlier on the general discussion section of this forum. I am having problems with the repeatable quests, Celsyn Beileth - You Can Still Kill Count on Me. I did this once and quest giver will not give it to me again. The other quest is the one in the garden given by Sarafain Eillynn - Insecticidal Mission, I completed this one and I THINK I did the Insecticidal Mission Impossible, but it is not showing up in my journal as completed, but when a friend tried to share it with me we both got the message I was not able to get it since I completed the quest Insecticidal Mission. I am stuck at 28 quests completed and from what I am hearing, I need to do the repeatable quest enough times to get the quests needed to complete the 30 quests for the achievement, Frontier Tamer. Thank you for looking into this for me.
Old 11-04-2016, 01:07 AM   #127
Alenna

ok how do you get the Quest "Delivered from Madness"apparently the person who did this Quest and wrote about it on wikia got it from Savix'Host and he's not talking to me even though I did Feast for a Gift which is quest the write up in wikia said I needed to do first I suspect not being able to get and finish this quest is what is stopping me from getting Shattered LIves and the frontier tamer achievement I need 4 more quest.
Alenna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2016, 01:40 AM   #128
Shmogre

Helped Alenna on beta, updating here on forums in case other folks find this post and are wondering about it:

The wiki is correct (both mob name and waypoint), you are looking for Savix (not Sathuss). The name similarity is not a coincidence...the questline explains it.

(Also be sure you are wearing the Vrassath disguise from Adept Krellsis.)
Shmogre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2016, 02:32 AM   #129
Kaitheel

Developer

Some more really good changes headed to Beta:
  • Artifacts of Life - Twark artifacts have more spawnpoints and faster respawn, now.
  • Artifacts of Life - Collecting Twark artifacts is now a group update.
  • Idol Destruction - Destroying Syllokk idols is now a group update.
  • Wings in Danger - Checking on the Crusaders is now a group update.
  • Wings in Danger - Inspecting the herds is now a group update.
  • Flame Licked - Collecting pyre tongue shards is now a group update.
  • Littered Along the Pass - Finding artifacts is now a group update.
  • Remains to be Seen - Investigating an odd stone is now a group update.
  • Remains to be Seen - Gathering a shard of the stone is now a group update.
  • Delivered from Madness - Gathering redscale pitcher leaves is now a group update.
  • Shattered Lives - skulking bandits now use fighter abilities.
  • Shattered Lives - Syllokk shieldbearers now use fighter abilities.
  • Shattered Lives - Syllokk transcendent now use priest abilities.
  • Shattered Lives - Locating Grigissa's missing egg is now a group update.
  • A Mist Call - Advisor Vrizsril has a reasonable amount of hitpoints now in the solo dungeon.

~ Kaitheel
Old 11-04-2016, 02:37 AM   #130
Kaitheel

Developer

I suspect you are missing other quests, Knotme. You should be able to fulfill the "Frontier Tamer" achievement (Complete 30 quests in Obulus Frontier) without having to rely on the Nye'Caelona repeatable quests. Have you completed Ghawg's quests "Get A 'Shroom" or "Sluggin' It Out"?

~ Kaitheel
Old 11-04-2016, 04:28 AM   #131
Knotme

Aye, as near as I can tell I've done all the overland quests of about 2 days ago. I have 28 listed without the ... Insecticidal Mission Impossible ... quest. I can not pick that one up for some reason. Also in my journal the quest ... You Can Still Kill Count on Me ... states that it is repeatable, but it is not being offered again by Celsyn Beileth. I have gone over the whole zone for the Crusaders, the Goblins and the Elves and other then the mission quests from the Crusaders and the daily crafting quests from the Goblins, there do not appear to be any other quest givers. I have completed and received the rewards for the Adventure Signature Line and have finished the Crafting Signature Line and received my Master cloak for that one. So really at a loss where the remaining overland quests are if not offered by the repeatable NPC's. Thank you. Another thing, when I use the Greenmist Crusader illusion, my faction goes to 60K but the guard there at the entrance to the cave when I hail him states that I do not appear to be a Greenmist Crusader so begone. Also yes, all 4 of Ghawg quests are also completed.
Old 11-04-2016, 05:15 PM   #132
Kaitheel

Developer

What about "Toes, Teeth, and Death," "Feast for a Gift," "Delivered from Madness," or "Shattered Lives"? Have you completed all of those?

~ Kaitheel
Old 11-04-2016, 05:47 PM   #133
SgtPmpkn

Aye kaitheel. I have the same issue. I remember competing littering the pass on early beta but now don't have it in my completed journal. But I have the previous and subsequent quests from the same quest giver completed. I shall bug it in game later. I compared my quest list to that on wiki and saw the discrepancies. But I do not have those you listed.
SgtPmpkn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2016, 06:04 PM   #134
Xianthia

[BUG] I've completed all 30 quests (yay!) and can't get the Quest Ascension in Kunark triumph because it doesn't recognized my completing Underdepths Saga. I copied the character from live with all pre-reqs done before starting Kunark.
The other three achievements are green, just the underdepths is marked as not completed.

bummed at not getting the achievement, but maybe it's just a beta bug and not something that will need a fix on live?
Xianthia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2016, 06:12 PM   #135
Kaitheel

Developer

Then I've given you some solid direction as to what quests you need to find. Glad to hear it, SgtPmpkn!

~ Kaitheel
Old 11-04-2016, 06:20 PM   #136
Kaitheel

Developer

Yeah, that would be due to it being a copied character, and having the Underdepths Saga added to the achievement as an update since then.

~ Kaitheel
Old 11-04-2016, 11:43 PM   #137
Knotme

Aye, Kaitheel, I have completed Feast for a Gift: Ghrix Si'lith; Shattered Lives: Gigissa; and Delivered from Madness: Savix'Host. So I do need, 'Toes, Teeth, and Death', I will go find the quest giver for that, but that will still leave me at 29 quests completed without being able to do the 'Insecticidal Mission Impossible' quest which is not being offered since it appears from other beta discussion threads once faction is acquired then repeatable quests are not being offered. I have bypassed a couple of the timed quests since I did not think those applied to the achievement, but now I will go and try to do those and see if that throws me over the 30 quest limit. Thank you.
Old 11-05-2016, 01:05 AM   #138
ZUES

Bug. When I go near the Geomancer trainer in Nye,Celoena and target myself (F1) the lighting flips out. I get these black things flipping out all over my screen. If I move 30 feet backwards it doesn't happen anymore. I'm playing on max settings if that matters.

[IMG]
Old 11-05-2016, 01:42 AM   #139
Kaitheel

Developer

There's still some changes being made. Here's the latest round of 'em:
  • You Can Kill Count on Me - The number of iksar abductors at Slaver's Point has been increased, and some are now independent of others.
  • Leader-Go-Seek - Quest is now correctly listed in the Obulus Frontier quest category.
  • Leader-Go-Seek - Torn slaver notes can no longer be gathered multiple times.
  • Leader-Go-Seek - Frillik Tide brigands now use brigand abilities.
  • Leader-Go-Seek - Frillik Tide brigands now respawn much faster.
  • Leader-Go-Seek - Has new reward choices!
  • Changing of the Tides - Has a new reward!
  • House item rewards have been added to quests!
Watch for these changes to be listed in the update notes to know when they are on Beta.

~ Kaitheel
Old 11-05-2016, 01:48 AM   #140
Kaitheel

Developer

I don't know. Are you sure you don't have "Littered Along The Pass" in your completed journal?
Is "Trader Amongst Us" listed in your completed journal?

~ Kaitheel
Old 11-05-2016, 08:49 AM   #141
SgtPmpkn

But I am confused. How can I have completed quests after the one you stated is missing but not do the missing quest without some sort of bug?
Old 11-06-2016, 01:16 AM   #142
SgtPmpkn

I have Trader Amongst Us completed in my journal, but not Flame Licked or Litter Along the Pass from the same NPC - but I know I did those quests during the 1st couple days of beta. Its very odd.. I can PM you details and character if you wish
Old 11-06-2016, 02:51 AM   #143
Iglu

I seem to have lost my Vrassath armour to use as a disguise and I cannot get another from the crate. Had it in my inventory but had not used it, logged due to new patch came back and it was gone.
Old 11-06-2016, 05:20 AM   #144
Iglu

Quest: Suit Up
Quest Giver: Krellsis

Please ignore. Re logged and it has appeared again.
Old 11-07-2016, 02:11 AM   #145
Kaitheel

Developer

A few more changes squeeking in here:
  • Parchment Preservation - Quest now awards a book, as the dialogue states.
  • Bridge to Success - Approaching Gabrowg now updates the quest, as intended.
Usual caveat applies. Thank you for your continuing help!

~ Kaitheel
Old 11-08-2016, 04:24 AM   #146
Knotme

OK Kaitheel, this is my official whine and crying post. I am at 29 completed overland quest and as near as I can tell, without being given the quest ... "Insecticidal Mission Impossible" ... there is no way to get 30 overland quests. I even tried to lower my faction with the elves by going to war with one of the Natureguard ones in the garden but after almost an hour fight my Merc went POOF and I said to heck with it, so unless somehow faction is adjusted with the elves to be able to pick up the quest "Insecticidal Mission Impossible" I see no way to receive the 30th quest. Just my 2cp worth. I am wondering if I should either bug it or petition it? Thank you for any response or input you may have.
Old 11-08-2016, 05:20 PM   #147
Elinea

Quest: Giant Impressment Effort
Quest giver: Arcanist Chaarex
Dialogue: Use the vessel on a Kromdul giant

I don't know if the Kromdul forest giants are supposed to update this quest or not, but I ran around Warslik's Woods for quite a while, using the vapor vessel on them and just kept making them aggro without updating the quest. It wasn't until I ran out of forest giants that I moved to Chalp, and the first giant I used it on there updated the quest with no problem. Either the forest giants are supposed to update the quest (they do have the little bag icon indicating that they do) and they're not, or the forest giants aren't supposed to update the quest, and therefore should have the bag icon removed from them. Thanks!
Elinea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2016, 09:27 PM   #148
Oleg

You is not eligible to recive the Quest "Damaged the trust" (requires not completing the Quest "Kunark Ascending: resurrection Machination". This quest need for "Frontier Tamer" achievments....
Old 11-09-2016, 02:55 AM   #149
Kaitheel

Developer

Some bothersome bugs are going to finally be stamped out with these changes:
  • Giant Impressment Effort - Using the vaporous vessel on giants should update consistently now.
  • Insecticidal Mission - The Cae'Dal Growth Spike appears in the quest helper window from the start now.
  • Insecticidal Mission Impossible - The Cae'Dal Growth Spike appears in the quest helper window from the start now.
I don't know when these changes will be on Beta, but they should be included in the udpate notes at that time.

~ Kaitheel
Old 11-09-2016, 02:58 AM   #150
Kaitheel

Developer

Have you completed "Growth in an Arid Land"? If no, then I suggest you speak with Keenora Fadan in Nye'Caelona.

~ Kaitheel