EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Class Discussion > Fighter's Arena > Berserker
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 10-26-2012, 11:43 AM   #31
Tekadeo

Loremaster

[email protected] Bayle wrote:

I can't explain this any more clearly: Offensive means you bring more DPS to the raid. Defensive means you bring more survivability to the raid. It doesn't matter if that DPS comes from yourself, or you grant it to others. The second you start beating DPS classes on the parse (Which SKs can currently do), the second your class hits a grinding halt and gets the "OP" flag. Utility stuff doesn't have the same effect.  I can agree, altho SK's have been beast mode for years and have not hit a "grinding halt"

Your parse means absolutely nothing. Nor are tanks required to use a shield. Look at brawlers.  Their class is built around NOT having a shield due to innate avoidance. What a terrible and inaccurate comparison. The same can be done with enough mitigation.  No it can't, not as mit works now  You're not pigeonholed into offtanking. You're pigeonholed into siting on the bench.  exactly.

There are tons of ways to give you hate gain that doesn't involve doing huge amounts of DPS.  Except those means are for Guardians and Paladins

I can guarantee that once you stop screaming for silly things like max health and more DPS Oh like SKs getting a Fton of Max HP---trust me it's NOT "silly" to have more HP, things will improve for your class.  Those are too broad and too regulated to change drastically, and they'll only patch up the problem until DPS and HP rise even more over the next year or two. If you don't plan ahead, you're going to be constantly playing catch up.

Berserkers need a huge shift towards mitigation tanking, Mitigation itself would need to be overhauled for this to work  offensive utility similar in power to combat mastery, Or more, as they are way better defensively and to have large amounts of hate gain when hit/attacking.

Old 10-26-2012, 02:29 PM   #32
Maergoth

Loremaster

Alright. Well, let me know when you get what you want and become useful. Until then, study up a bit.

Jaraxx tells you, 'Why did you die? Man up. Ask for DI from your priests'

You tell Jaraxx, 'I had a "save" running..'

http://tinyurl.com/PaladinFeedback
Maergoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 02:40 PM   #33
Tekadeo

Loremaster

[email protected] Bayle wrote:

Alright. Well, let me know when you get what you want and become useful. Until then, study up a bit.

We can't all have easy mode amends, can we?  Zerks and SKs are both meant to DPS their way to hate, always have.

Study up a bit on how to read what everyone is saying to you, because we are all asking for more utility and survivability.  Your inaccurate assumptions are making you look like a clown.

Old 10-26-2012, 06:21 PM   #34
Maergoth

Loremaster

And I suggested more utility and survivability. Except I suggested something that can be given in large quantities and will ONLY affect your class for offtanking, not main tanking. That's the difference.

As for amends, you just made yourself look like a fool. Congratulations. I have played a berserker recently. You must not have played a paladin since EoF/RoK, if at all.

Jaraxx tells you, 'Why did you die? Man up. Ask for DI from your priests'

You tell Jaraxx, 'I had a "save" running..'

http://tinyurl.com/PaladinFeedback
Maergoth is offline   Reply With Quote