EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > General Gameplay Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 10-22-2012, 11:10 AM   #31
Grumble69

Loremaster

It's really going to depend on what type of player you are.  Myself--I've got quite a few chars sitting at the 92/300+ mark.  Yeah, a vet bonus would be nice.  But in the scheme of things, it's not all that big of a deal.

Now I do have a few friends that are altaholics with 90s and under 280 AAs.  The 280 AA gate is not a trivial thing for them.  They seem to wander through namby-pamby land earning AA via the slowest possible means (mostly questing).  I imagine it'll be frustrating to them to lose something they earned.  But having said that, I don't think they are taking full advantage of the bonus anyway.

----

It's kind of a tangent.  But I really wish SOE would bump the s*** out of the quest xp / AA.  God bless the questers.  But it's beyond sad to see them spend so much time going that route (arguably playing the game the way it was supposed to be) and taking so long to get to end game.

Grumble69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 11:30 AM   #32
Koleg
Server: Unrest_old

Lord

Cloudrat wrote:

I am totally at a loss to understand how leveled toons with 0 aa interfere with anyone's gameplay.  I don't ask to be in your groups or raids.

Want to raise vet bonus level?  Then take the gate off and add 5 more levels and make it a whole tier.  Stop pretending this is how it should be, because for 8 years it hasn't been.

I got the impression that they actually wanted to make a profit off this game reading the transcripts.  Well that means including not excluding people. 

You might not be asking to be in groups or in raids, but some certainly will.  You are asking to not be excluded from a bonus, Not to be Excluded from adventuring, while at the same time either not understanding or not caring about what adventuring actually means.  Ever since the inception of AA the power curve of adventuring levels is no longer tied to adventuring level, but is a combination of adventuring levels plus AA.  AA is no longer an 'Alternitive' and the #1 reason for this is balance, balance in adventuring.  The developers have recently (with SS and the 280 gate) realized and acknowledged what the player base has understood for years.  There is a large variant in a players power or ability with the collection of a large number of AA points.

If there is going to be content added, then the simple truth is that content must be somewhat challenging.  Content designed for a level cap player without a baseline of AA is proves to be of little or zero challenge to a player with a baseline of AA.  This is the basic understanding of the adventurers role in the environment.  This topic has been discussed time and time agin.  I see it brought up once again due to the forth coming level cap tied directly to verteran bonuses, and as much as people don't like giving up the bonus they really need to look at themselves and ask why do they need the veteran bonus in the first place.  It is not like they have even USED the veteran bonuses that they have been extended for the past years, IF they had then this would not be of any concern.

We all know some people are not as heavily focused on adventuring.  We all know that some people lean more towards trade skilling.  We all know that people which lean away from adventuring tend to lean away from AA and any sort of 'grinding' that might bring with it.  But the bottom line is -NOT- whether or not 'some' people are being gated or gating themselves, but whether or not new content is balanced towards the adeventurer or if it will just be soloable by those with more AA due to the power curve which AA brings.

SOE has been overly generous in even tabling a 280 AA potion, they are bringing a Beta Buffer mechanic into the live game.  They are doing that, even if only 2 per account, to 'help' those that either don't want to or don't feel they need to gain the AA.  I would think people would accept the charity SOE is showing them and allow the other players to move on into a better gaming enviroment.

Koleg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 11:51 AM   #33
Finora

Tester

Grumble69 wrote:

Now I do have a few friends that are altaholics with 90s and under 280 AAs.  The 280 AA gate is not a trivial thing for them.  They seem to wander through namby-pamby land earning AA via the slowest possible means (mostly questing).  I imagine it'll be frustrating to them to lose something they earned.  But having said that, I don't think they are taking full advantage of the bonus anyway.

Now, I know I am probably not typical. But I do level via quests for the most part. I have in the past (before the wonderful aa slider) to turn off xp completely so as not to outlevel stuff.

Your friends aren't really losing something they earned. They are not getting the level cap bonus because the level they are at is no longer the level cap. Its going to affect everyone. The people who went ahead to level  to 92 will have an easier time with it because they have 2 less levels (and likely less aa to worry about) but max aa has been 320 for almost a year, and was 300 for almost a year before that. The AA cap prior to that was already 250 (at level 90).

The vet bonus has been moved before and I actually fully expected it to be moved when the level cap was raised to 92 but SOE was kind enough to leave it for the time being. This is no surprise and not really a major hinderance, especially since they are giving everyone 2 free 280 aa's things to use. That takes care of people who just want to be level 90 and level up for the ease of harvesting or whatever.

Finora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 12:05 PM   #34
Cloudrat

Tester

Don't kid yourselves the only reason for raising the vet bonus at this point while leaving the levels gated and in accessible to many, is because they are afraid all the endgamers will powerlevel and get to 95 too quickly chew through the content and whine for more.

Want to do it right?  Take out the gate or hand out 10 tokens  for aa one for each toon that will have to be leveled to get the vet bonus back.

Old 10-22-2012, 12:15 PM   #35
BrainCandy

Loremaster

The only thing this will succeed in doing for me is make me not want to roll any new characters.  You become accustomed to having that bonus, and I am sure as hell not grinding 7 toons I don't play anymore just to get it back. 

Why not make the veteran bonus based on something like years played?  I have been playing for like 8 years and I am suddenly not a veteran any longer? 

BrainCandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 12:52 PM   #36
Alliera

Loremaster

General_Info wrote:

ZachSpastic wrote:

They didn't let anything slide. They're giving two 280AA tokens in the expansion, and will probably begin selling them in the Marketplace too; so now that roadblock can be cleared by everyone.

I doubt they'll marketplace it. it's just a way for SOE to make money off non +280 players who ether dont have the time to grind or rushed to 90 and earned too little AA. Anyone buying the expansion just for the 2x 280 AA is a fool.

The Two 280 AA tokens for the expansion is this for both expansion version or just collectors and can get link to please?

Alliera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 01:50 PM   #37
ZachSpastic

Loremaster

General_Info wrote:

ZachSpastic wrote:

They didn't let anything slide. They're giving two 280AA tokens in the expansion, and will probably begin selling them in the Marketplace too; so now that roadblock can be cleared by everyone.

I doubt they'll marketplace it. it's just a way for SOE to make money off non +280 players who ether dont have the time to grind or rushed to 90 and earned too little AA. Anyone buying the expansion just for the 2x 280 AA is a fool.

You are naive, at best, if you actually believe what you have stated.

ZachSpastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 01:57 PM   #38
ZachSpastic

Loremaster

Gilasil wrote:

280AA never was much of a roadblock for people who really played their character as opposed to look for the fastest way to 92.

This is getting ridiculous.  There's no investing in your character, nurturing it, working to build it up.  No.  Instead you PL to max in a few days, drink your AA potion bam you're there and as good as anyone who spent a year building up their character.  There's still the issue of gear but even now it's really just doing the WL quests and you're set.

Unfortunately I already preordered the expansion, but I will put my subscription on a month to month once it switches from platinum to gold next month.  It's starting to look like I'm going to have to find another way to spend my evenings besides playing EQ2.

Solo questing the 90 level tutorial isn't everyone's idea of a fun evening.

Old 10-22-2012, 02:18 PM   #39
Mermut

Loremaster

Every time the level max  has been raised, except the last time, the veteran bonus has been moved up with it. When they left the vet bonus at 90 when the level cap was raised to 92, they told us the veteran bonus would not be staying at 90. People who wanted to get their vet bonus back as soon as possible when they bonus was moved to the actual level cap like normal have had time to get one or more characters to 92 in expectation while taking advantage of the lowered level requirement for the 'bonus for max level character' bonus. That's really what the veteran bonus is... 'bonus for max level characters' bonus... or at least it was before this last iteration.

I didn't see this big fuss when the vet bonus moved to 70, 80 or 90 when those level caps became the norm.

With respect to Cloudrat, the adventuring aspect of the game shouldn't be tuned to cater to those who only want it to make tradeskilling easier.. and similarly tradeskilling should not be tuned to cater to those who only want it to make adventuring either.

Old 10-22-2012, 02:20 PM   #40
ArtemisClyde

Loremaster

It's expected they would raise it to 95, we should be thankful they didn't raise it to 92 though that WAS the cap. As for the tokens, yes it sucks that players are going to essentially be buffed to 280 aa without earning it...but while this is a game to us, this is a business to SOE, so there has to be some give and take between hardcore players and the casual gamers that whine how hard everything is. It's only 2 tokens per account it's not like its one per character. And why would any of us need to whine even if it was? Whats this need to be a hater and try to control how all other players play their game? Here's a solution: if you don't like the token idea, don't use one! Level yourself and earn your aa like most of us, but who cares if Nedry Newby earned his way to 280? But seriously, to the casual players that whine about everything being too hard? It's a game. play it and earn it. whatever soe throws you for free, be happy about it. Its like every game needs a cheat code for the majority of players to do well at it. have fun and play your game however you want, but if you want a vet bonus back....for god sakes just put in the effort required to EARN it. SMILEY
ArtemisClyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 03:08 PM   #41
Cloudrat

Tester

Mermut wrote:

Every time the level max  has been raised, except the last time, the veteran bonus has been moved up with it. When they left the vet bonus at 90 when the level cap was raised to 92, they told us the veteran bonus would not be staying at 90. People who wanted to get their vet bonus back as soon as possible when they bonus was moved to the actual level cap like normal have had time to get one or more characters to 92 in expectation while taking advantage of the lowered level requirement for the 'bonus for max level character' bonus. That's really what the veteran bonus is... 'bonus for max level characters' bonus... or at least it was before this last iteration.

I didn't see this big fuss when the vet bonus moved to 70, 80 or 90 when those level caps became the norm.

With respect to Cloudrat, the adventuring aspect of the game shouldn't be tuned to cater to those who only want it to make tradeskilling easier.. and similarly tradeskilling should not be tuned to cater to those who only want it to make adventuring either.

You didn't see the big fuss at 70, 80 or 90 because those levels weren't gated with the caveat of AA .

I am not asking you to tune the game to my playstyle, I am asking for a fair shake and some consisency in the mechanics.

I see this as one more alienation of a segment of the players which hurts the game more than it helps.

I don't hide my alts  go to u.eq2wire.com and look me  up on my main account, I put plenty of time, money and elbow grease into this and ask nothing of you.

I don't tell you to go level 9 crafters when you say I hate crafting but I want the goods.

Old 10-22-2012, 03:31 PM   #42
ZachSpastic

Loremaster

ArtemisClyde wrote:

It's expected they would raise it to 95, we should be thankful they didn't raise it to 92 though that WAS the cap. As for the tokens, yes it sucks that players are going to essentially be buffed to 280 aa without earning it...but while this is a game to us, this is a business to SOE, so there has to be some give and take between hardcore players and the casual gamers that whine how hard everything is. It's only 2 tokens per account it's not like its one per character. And why would any of us need to whine even if it was? Whats this need to be a hater and try to control how all other players play their game? Here's a solution: if you don't like the token idea, don't use one! Level yourself and earn your aa like most of us, but who cares if Nedry Newby earned his way to 280? But seriously, to the casual players that whine about everything being too hard? It's a game. play it and earn it. whatever soe throws you for free, be happy about it. Its like every game needs a cheat code for the majority of players to do well at it. have fun and play your game however you want, but if you want a vet bonus back....for god sakes just put in the effort required to EARN it.

Earn it? When did EQ2 become a job for anyone not an employee of SOE? I have a job. That's where I earn things. And the only whining I'm seeing around here lately is from players who want to think of themselves as 'elite' and 'hardcore'.

From where do you get the idea that the 280AA gate is supposed to be a punishment for players who have lives that are not 100% centered around EQ2? It's there, as others have already correctly explained in this thread you apparently did not bother to read, so that the devs can tune the post-90 encounters for characters with a specific minimum capability, rather than trying to provide sufficient challenge to characters that already meet that requirement and also make that content accessible to characters that do not. The tedium of getting 280AA on yet another alt was not the intention.

The 280AA tokens are a solution to a problem that would only compound with the raising of the level cap. I don't think anyone has ever said that getting AA is hard, but that it is boring. People do not play games to be bored.

Old 10-22-2012, 06:40 PM   #43
Middleone

Hero

General_Info wrote:

ZachSpastic wrote:

I'm a fool then.  And if they made it available on the marketplace, i'd be a fool every time I bought it, with a smile.  I'll be saying goodbye to endless Chelsith/SoS runs, and drunk powerlevelers who give up after 20 min because they can't focus on the game anymore.   The only people this hurts is the pl community.  And good riddance.  I'd rather be questing / playing / grouping / enjoying than grinding.

Middleone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 01:09 AM   #44
Terrorpeutic

Elder

My problem is not the vet bonus @95, but the AA required to get there.  I've made more toons back then just to get vet bonus because it was taking me around 10 hrs for 1 aa point (20% vet bonus and vitality gets used up within the first 1/2 hr each day).  I wasn't intending to play all those toons, but now I have to.  Afterall, it's called "veteran" bonus, not "heroic" bonus.

I just wish that they do away with the aa gate, have fairly easy mobs on the outside areas of zones, and have the hard contents in the dungeons.  Possibly have level and aa requirements to enter the dungeons.  That way, everyone can play in his/her own style.

Terrorpeutic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 04:28 AM   #45
Regolas

Loremaster

I'm sorry but if you can't get your characters up to the cap, regardless of whether there's a gating mechanic or not, then you don't deserve the BONUS. It is just time that is needed to do it. I only have a couple as that's all the time I have. I have no max level TSers as I don't have the time (or patience). In the case of Cloudrat and others, you've had 2+ years to get the AAs. If you choose to make the same class on 5 different servers and level them all then that's your choice, but if you don't have the time to play them all enough to get over 280AA then it's no ones fault but yours. Likewise if you have 24 alts with under 280AA. 2 years is plenty to get them. It's your choice that you didn't.
Regolas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 02:58 PM   #46
Cloudrat

Tester

Regolas wrote:

1.I'm sorry but if you can't get your characters up to the cap, regardless of whether there's a gating mechanic or not, then you don't deserve the BONUS. 2.It is just time that is needed to do it. I only have a couple as that's all the time I have. I have no max level TSers as I don't have the time (or patience). 3.In the case of Cloudrat and others, you've had 2+ years to get the AAs. If you choose to make the same class on 5 different servers and level them all then that's your choice, but if you don't have the time to play them all enough to get over 280AA then it's no ones fault but yours. Likewise if you have 24 alts with under 280AA. 2 years is plenty to get them. It's your choice that you didn't.

1. I have deserved it up until this point.

2. I don't think that has anything to do with it.

3. I do what i do to help others.  I like being able to talk in a global channel and go help anyone who needs it. I made my full set of crafters on the test server in order to make sure someone was around to help with updates for the epic quest that requires all crafters. Yes, I could have spent my time getting AAs so I could ridicule those who don't do it my way, but I chose a different path that I enjoy based on the game's rules and parameters.

To change the rules at this point seems unfair to me. The Prestige levels that need AA to play should not affect the gameplay of those who don't play that way. That bonus was helpful to every level all the way down and was never AA dependent. Shame on you all.

I suppose I should skip buying the expansion until I have the aa hmm money savedSMILEY

Old 10-23-2012, 05:59 PM   #47
Regolas

Loremaster

Of course its helpful but it's a reward not a right. It would be helpful for me to have a 200% TS xp bonus. I might even level up TSing then as it would be quicker, but it's not my right to have it. Xp is xp whether it comes from standard levels or AA. You need X amount of it to get to 92. If you don't want to spend the time getting it then you don't deserve the bonus xp buff, just like I don't deserve the TS xp buff.
Regolas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 09:05 PM   #48
Juravael

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

Cloudrat wrote:

yohann koldheart wrote:

[email protected] Bayle wrote:

Are all accounts getting this? Or just people who buy the CE?

everyone, the level cap isnt going to be 92 anymore so the bonus will go to 95.

they should have made it 92 for the bonus when the cap went to 92, but they kept it at 90 to please the players.

They should have gated the prestige points instead of levels with the 280 AA now we are back in the same boat.

What same boat are we back in? What does 280 AA have to do with raising the level to qualify for the vet bonus? It seems to me that some of you folks have become several steps removed from the point of this thread.

If you are complaining that you can no longer rush new toons to 90 with a nice fat vet bonus, all I can tell you was that when Sony raised the level cap to 92 they threw us all a bone and left the vet bonus level at 90, with the forewarning that it was not going to stay at 90 forever so enjoy it while it is there.

Your crafters will get the bonus back as soon as you level their crafting to 95. Nothing to do with adventure level. 280 AA not required. Correct me if I am wrong, but isn't it entirely possible to be a low level adventurer while getting faction for the Earring of the Solstice? I could have sworn I've seen people brag about having exactly that.

I could not agree more Cisteros. We were told that they would keep the vet bonus in for a bit longer when the caps went to 92 and people should appreciate them doing that instead of whining and complaining. It amazes me the way people want, want, want without doing the actual work to get, get, get.

If you want your veteran bonuses back when the cap goes to 95 then get out there and earn them like the rest of us will. It's not like it is difficult to do. Next people will be complaining that we'll have to level our guilds from 90 to 95... /sighs 

Juravael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 01:03 AM   #49
ghost_57

Loremaster

While I have no desire right now to level upto 95, I do have a few more alts i wish to level to 90. The 160% vet bonus I had would have been nice.My biggest gripe , I simply do not like my vet bonus being held hostage to buying the expansion.I have leveled 8 toons to 90 or past , because SOE has released a new expansion am I  no longer considered a Vet.....Oh well , I just try to remeber it was a BONUS. How about this if I dont buy the expansion and the top level available to me is 92 leave my vet bonus as it is SMILEY

ghost_57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 01:15 AM   #50
Leawyn

Loremaster

ghost_57 wrote:

While I have no desire right now to level upto 95, I do have a few more alts i wish to level to 90. The 160% vet bonus I had would have been nice.My biggest gripe , I simply do not like my vet bonus being held hostage to buying the expansion.I have leveled 8 toons to 90 or past , because SOE has released a new expansion am I  no longer considered a Vet.....Oh well , I just try to remeber it was a BONUS. How about this if I dont buy the expansion and the top level available to me is 92 leave my vet bonus as it is

This is not new, and has happened with every expansion that raised a level cap since Vet Bonus was introduced (except the GUspansion which wasn't a paid expansion). Why do you choose now to be offended about it?

Maelani | Maelya | Maerie | Maehymn | Maewyn | Maekita | Maelynne
Leawyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 02:15 AM   #51
ghost_57

Loremaster

Maybe because this is the first time its had an affect on me SMILEY.

Why assume I had max level chars prior to now.

I came back to the game after DoV.

This did not happen from 90 to 92.

But the reality is it s painfully simple to level in this game so ehh , make the change.

I just dont like it.

ghost_57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 03:14 AM   #52
Cloudrat

Tester

[email protected]_old wrote:

ghost_57 wrote:

While I have no desire right now to level upto 95, I do have a few more alts i wish to level to 90. The 160% vet bonus I had would have been nice.My biggest gripe , I simply do not like my vet bonus being held hostage to buying the expansion.I have leveled 8 toons to 90 or past , because SOE has released a new expansion am I  no longer considered a Vet.....Oh well , I just try to remeber it was a BONUS. How about this if I dont buy the expansion and the top level available to me is 92 leave my vet bonus as it is

This is not new, and has happened with every expansion that raised a level cap since Vet Bonus was introduced (except the GUspansion which wasn't a paid expansion). Why do you choose now to be offended about it?

Because you are changing the rules to exclude people.

Old 10-24-2012, 02:47 PM   #53
Juravael

Loremaster

Nothing is being changed. It has been this way for years. The last time our level cap was raised, from 90 to 92, the devs stated in one of the SOE Podcasts that the bonus would be extended for a limited time but that it would eventually be reset as usual.

Juravael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 06:52 PM   #54
bks6721

Loremaster

Cloudrat wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

Cloudrat wrote:

They should have gated the prestige points instead of levels with the 280 AA now we are back in the same boat.

What same boat are we back in? What does 280 AA have to do with raising the level to qualify for the vet bonus? It seems to me that some of you folks have become several steps removed from the point of this thread.

If you are complaining that you can no longer rush new toons to 90 with a nice fat vet bonus, all I can tell you was that when Sony raised the level cap to 92 they threw us all a bone and left the vet bonus level at 90, with the forewarning that it was not going to stay at 90 forever so enjoy it while it is there.

Your crafters will get the bonus back as soon as you level their crafting to 95. Nothing to do with adventure level. 280 AA not required. Correct me if I am wrong, but isn't it entirely possible to be a low level adventurer while getting faction for the Earring of the Solstice? I could have sworn I've seen people brag about having exactly that.

I believe I wasn't clear enough for you to understand my perspective.

I have been here through the years  of expansions level cap raises and this is the first time a tier has been piecemealed out and gated.

There are plenty of precedents for not getting to use certain aa before reaching a certain level but never has anything but exp been the criteria for leveling. 

And yes  I am complaining that I won't be able to get the vet bonus to use for my alts that are not planning to ever get more adv AA  and yes there are crafting ways to  gain faction like a quest I can do once a day.  Excuse me for leveling my adv to 70 so I can do that same faction in 20 minutes and continue my crafting career.

Bathezid faction can be done on a low level toon in less than 2 hours if you have progress potions.  It takes 27 writs to get enough faction.  They can be done in less than 3 min each.  That is much faster than leveling adv to 70 and doing adv quests.

bks6721 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 07:10 PM   #55
bks6721

Loremaster

ZachSpastic wrote:

ArtemisClyde wrote:

It's expected they would raise it to 95, we should be thankful they didn't raise it to 92 though that WAS the cap. As for the tokens, yes it sucks that players are going to essentially be buffed to 280 aa without earning it...but while this is a game to us, this is a business to SOE, so there has to be some give and take between hardcore players and the casual gamers that whine how hard everything is. It's only 2 tokens per account it's not like its one per character. And why would any of us need to whine even if it was? Whats this need to be a hater and try to control how all other players play their game? Here's a solution: if you don't like the token idea, don't use one! Level yourself and earn your aa like most of us, but who cares if Nedry Newby earned his way to 280? But seriously, to the casual players that whine about everything being too hard? It's a game. play it and earn it. whatever soe throws you for free, be happy about it. Its like every game needs a cheat code for the majority of players to do well at it. have fun and play your game however you want, but if you want a vet bonus back....for god sakes just put in the effort required to EARN it.

Earn it? When did EQ2 become a job for anyone not an employee of SOE? I have a job. That's where I earn things. And the only whining I'm seeing around here lately is from players who want to think of themselves as 'elite' and 'hardcore'.

From where do you get the idea that the 280AA gate is supposed to be a punishment for players who have lives that are not 100% centered around EQ2? It's there, as others have already correctly explained in this thread you apparently did not bother to read, so that the devs can tune the post-90 encounters for characters with a specific minimum capability, rather than trying to provide sufficient challenge to characters that already meet that requirement and also make that content accessible to characters that do not. The tedium of getting 280AA on yet another alt was not the intention.

The 280AA tokens are a solution to a problem that would only compound with the raising of the level cap. I don't think anyone has ever said that getting AA is hard, but that it is boring. People do not play games to be bored.

its a game, correct.  rewards are earned, not handed out simply because you play.  some people consider it an achievment when they've reached a goal and they scoff at others who want the same reward without doing anything for it.   I currently have 15 characters and NONE of them ever hit level 90 with less than 300aa AND I do have a life.  Face it, the game is just too hard for some people just like t-ball is too hard for some kids.

bks6721 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 07:12 PM   #56
Finora

Tester

I really don't get all the rage and upset about it. It is nothing new for the vet bonus to be moved to the new level cap and for one to have to buy the expansion that raised the level cap to get the bonuses for level cap. If you consider getting to 280 aa actually part of getting through level 90 to 91 (which it effectively is) it's not really any different from getting to any other  level.

The only thing I see as a problem is that SOE foolishly named the level cap bonus a Veteran bonus.  Veteran bonus sounds better but is an inaccurate description of what it is (though it does plainly state it when you mouse over it) possibly leading some to believe they deserve it for playing the game for X amount of time.

I do want to say, that yes, this does affect me negatively. I'll be losing my 200% crafting bonus & my 60% adventure bonus. I've got 30ish characters that have been benefiting from it since Sentinal's Fate and I will miss it. But it won't take that much time to get it up again and it's all part of playing a game with levels to begin with.

Finora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 07:18 PM   #57
Cloudrat

Tester

[email protected] wrote:

Bathezid faction can be done on a low level toon in less than 2 hours if you have progress potions.  It takes 27 writs to get enough faction.  They can be done in less than 3 min each.  That is much faster than leveling adv to 70 and doing adv quests.

Yes, if i were taking a level 1 adv and leveling to 70 it might be take longer than getting the mats and fuels and potions and going to bath to do writs,  maybe.  I haven't tried that yet. LOL still not the point.

Old 10-24-2012, 07:24 PM   #58
Cloudrat

Tester

[email protected] wrote:

I really don't get all the rage and upset about it. It is nothing new for the vet bonus to be moved to the new level cap and for one to have to buy the expansion that raised the level cap to get the bonuses for level cap. If you consider getting to 280 aa actually part of getting through level 90 to 91 (which it effectively is) it's not really any different from getting to any other  level.

The only thing I see as a problem is that SOE foolishly named the level cap bonus a Veteran bonus.  Veteran bonus sounds better but is an inaccurate description of what it is (though it does plainly state it when you mouse over it) possibly leading some to believe they deserve it for playing the game for X amount of time.

I do want to say, that yes, this does affect me negatively. I'll be losing my 200% crafting bonus & my 60% adventure bonus. I've got 30ish characters that have been benefiting from it since Sentinal's Fate and I will miss it. But it won't take that much time to get it up again and it's all part of playing a game with levels to begin with.

The rage is from the fact that levels got the bonus and exp got the levels, but that is no longer true because of an artificial access gate to levels.  This is abitrary change in the rules to help the developers see how things work.

Old 10-25-2012, 01:59 AM   #59
Leawyn

Loremaster

Cloudrat wrote:

The rage is from the fact that levels got the bonus and exp got the levels, but that is no longer true because of an artificial access gate to levels.  This is abitrary change in the rules to help the developers see how things work.

You know what I don't get, Cloudrat, is your constant repetition of "arbitrary change" and "artificial gates"... there's nothing arbitrary or artificial about the 280 AA required to progress past lvl 90. It was explained in explicit detail before it happened. It's very simple... balancing even solo content is difficult when there is such a HUGE disparity in how many AA's players have. Add to that the fact that prestige points are awarding extremely nice abilities that they felt should be restricted to players over lvl 90, I can understand and appreciate the 280 limit. They picked 280 because that allows you to get the end line of the heroic tree. Balancing against players that are able to spend 280 points and have that heroic end line and players with max AA vs balancing against players that could have so few AA's they can't even fill the first tree and players with max AA is vastly different.

You state, without any qualms, that you do not like adventuring. That's fine. No one is holding a gun to your head and requiring you to play as an adventurer. If you choose to do it, then you must accept the rules. Just like I recently chose to level 9 crafters, even tho I pretty much hate crafting. I have to put up with stuff I dislike, but it was a choice I made to enter a sphere of the game I dislike. I'm sorry that you feel sooooo slighted, but if the 280 requirement was not in place, the end game would just get harder for you, as a non-AA getter, since they would continuously need to balance towards the higher end players, to maintain an "average" difficulty for everyone of that level range.

Maelani | Maelya | Maerie | Maehymn | Maewyn | Maekita | Maelynne
Leawyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 02:30 AM   #60
Cloudrat

Tester

[email protected]_old wrote:

Cloudrat wrote:

You know what I don't get, Cloudrat, is your constant repetition of "arbitrary change" and "artificial gates"... there's nothing arbitrary or artificial about the 280 AA required to progress past lvl 90. It was explained in explicit detail before it happened. It's very simple... balancing even solo content is difficult when there is such a HUGE disparity in how many AA's players have. Add to that the fact that prestige points are awarding extremely nice abilities that they felt should be restricted to players over lvl 90, I can understand and appreciate the 280 limit. They picked 280 because that allows you to get the end line of the heroic tree. Balancing against players that are able to spend 280 points and have that heroic end line and players with max AA vs balancing against players that could have so few AA's they can't even fill the first tree and players with max AA is vastly different.

You state, without any qualms, that you do not like adventuring. That's fine. No one is holding a gun to your head and requiring you to play as an adventurer. If you choose to do it, then you must accept the rules. Just like I recently chose to level 9 crafters, even tho I pretty much hate crafting. I have to put up with stuff I dislike, but it was a choice I made to enter a sphere of the game I dislike. I'm sorry that you feel sooooo slighted, but if the 280 requirement was not in place, the end game would just get harder for you, as a non-AA getter, since they would continuously need to balance towards the higher end players, to maintain an "average" difficulty for everyone of that level range.

I never said I don't like adventuring.  This is becoming a comical thread of misunderstanding and people with different paths heading to different destinations using the same mule.  I will throw in the towel now as there is no real benefit to this sort of discussion.