EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > General Gameplay Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 10-16-2012, 04:13 PM   #1
Thalzokal
Server: Antonia Bayle
Guild: Eternal Destiny

Loremaster

Previously we were able to do this but with them disallowing subscriptions with SC are expansions going to be credit card only?

Thalzokal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 04:30 PM   #2
Juggercap

Elder

They have closed that loophole. I'd have to search if you want an official post about it.

Run away! Run away!
Juggercap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 05:10 PM   #3
Dexella

Community Relations

[email protected] Bayle wrote:

Previously we were able to do this but with them disallowing subscriptions with SC are expansions going to be credit card only?

Hi Thalzokal,

As we announced on August 10, 2012, expansions are no longer available for purchase with Station Cash.

The full announcement can be found here: http://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/...topic_id=521278

~Dexella

Community Relations Manager
Dexella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 06:26 PM   #4
Koleg
Server: Unrest_old

Lord

There was also an announcment by the same folks that "Expansions" would be included in the cost of Subscriptions ... Everything on the Interwebs is not true.

Koleg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 07:27 PM   #5
Mohee

Lord

Will there be a box version available in stores? I'm not giving you guys my Debit or Credit numbers...

Dexella wrote:

Starting Monday, August 27th, 2012, we will no longer accept Station Cash as a payment method for Expansions and DLC Packs. Real-world currency will be the only way to purchase these products.

Last time I checked, green cash money was "real-world currency."

But really... I'd like to know about the box set.

EQ'ing since 1999
Mohee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 07:29 PM   #6
Rainmare
Server: Oasis
Guild: Pillage

Loremaster

I don't think there is a box. they've found it easier to do digital only rather then trying to get stores to shelf thier stuff since most people you say 'Everquest' and they have no idea what your talking about. but then again, if the game you play isn't WoW, no one seems to know what your talking about.

Rainmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 07:41 PM   #7
Mohee

Lord

Most people know about most other games except for Everquest.

WoW, Runescape, Maple Story, Guild Wars, LOTR, D&DO, Rift, EVE, pretty much everything...

Even MMO gamers that I meet, they get all excited when they find out we're both into MMO's then they ask what do I play. I say "EverQuest 2" and they reply with a  "oh....... never heard of it." But then they list off like 15 MMO's they've played.

EQ'ing since 1999
Mohee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 08:38 PM   #8
ToRch20003

Loremaster

That's called poor or maybe better ..a lack of advertising. People can't play what they don't know exists. Hense, the current lack of players.

ToRch20003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 08:56 PM   #9
LordPazuzu

Loremaster

[email protected]_old wrote:

There was also an announcment by the same folks that "Expansions" would be included in the cost of Subscriptions ... Everything on the Interwebs is not true.

That's actually not what was said...

What was said was that expansions would be feature-based and content would be solely in game updates.  This was a very unpopular expansion model, so they actually listened to the customer base and reverted back to the standard expansion model.

Nowhere was it ever said by SOE that expanions, regardless of make-up, would be included with subscriptions.  This whole topic has been discussed to death on these forums.

LordPazuzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 11:13 PM   #10
kenmei071

Lord

[email protected] DLere wrote:

What was said was that expansions would be feature-based and content would be solely in game updates.  This was a very unpopular expansion model, so they actually listened to the customer base and reverted back to the standard expansion model.

Nowhere was it ever said by SOE that expanions, regardless of make-up, would be included with subscriptions.  This whole topic has been discussed to death on these forums.

It isn't that the expansion model was unpopular, it was the way they kept the entire population of the game in the dark until the day AoD was released including changing the original pre-order advertisement without a word said. That was what drove people away in droves. Getting screwed has that affect on folks.

As to 'they actually listened'....who would that be? the greater % of users who got suckered the last go around and want an even smaller playerbase to feel that much more 'elite'?

furthermore how much did they listen? because this expansion doesn't include AoD, so no, they aren't reverting to the standard model. The standard model is all expacs are free but the last. As EQ2 is now a f2p game and that was the model of the EQ Extended server prior to the merge. So who exactly was listening to who? and what majority wanted what? really?

kenmei071 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 01:14 PM   #11
LordPazuzu

Loremaster

kenmei071 wrote:

It isn't that the expansion model was unpopular, it was the way they kept the entire population of the game in the dark until the day AoD was released including changing the original pre-order advertisement without a word said. That was what drove people away in droves. Getting screwed has that affect on folks.

As to 'they actually listened'....who would that be? the greater % of users who got suckered the last go around and want an even smaller playerbase to feel that much more 'elite'?

furthermore how much did they listen? because this expansion doesn't include AoD, so no, they aren't reverting to the standard model. The standard model is all expacs are free but the last. As EQ2 is now a f2p game and that was the model of the EQ Extended server prior to the merge. So who exactly was listening to who? and what majority wanted what? really?

Were you here for the extreme nerd rage over that expac?  There was much discontent over the lack of content, thus the decision was reversed and expacs are now back to being content packages- i.e. the standard expansion model.  They tried something new, the playerbase rejected it, they reverted back. I stand by my statement.

LordPazuzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 04:10 PM   #12
Maisland

Loremaster

Dexella wrote:

[email protected] Bayle wrote:

Hi Thalzokal,

As we announced on August 10, 2012, expansions are no longer available for purchase with Station Cash.

The full announcement can be found here: http://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/...topic_id=521278

~Dexella

Now that we can not buy either subscription time nor expansions with SC, I now have no reason to purchase SC ever again.

Until/unless they fix the housing access I will not be buying any more houses.  I have all the house expanders I need for the houses I currently own.  Mounts are over priced for what you get.  I don't currently need any more character slots (and won't unless/until we get more new races).  They keep adding junk that I have no interest in to the marketplace but never add stuff that I would buy (such as items that would convert standard houses to be rent free or new races such as Othmir).  I get 500 SC each month for my recurring subscription and nothing to spend it on.

I'm sure that eventually the price will drop or there will be a sale anyway, so I guess I will wait for that... or maybe I won't ever buy any more expansions period.  I still have not explored all the content from DoV.  Shoot, I have not explored all the content PRE DoV.

Maisland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 05:42 PM   #13
Davngr1

Loremaster

kenmei071 wrote:

Were you here for the extreme nerd rage over that expac?  There was much discontent over the lack of content, thus the decision was reversed and expacs are now back to being content packages- i.e. the standard expansion model.  They tried something new, the playerbase rejected it, they reverted back. I stand by my statement.

no one "raged" about the NEW content from Sky Shrine that was given away with the subscription.  

everyone raged about AoD that was a PAID for expansion that had almost ZERO content, didn't include prior expansions like they always do and only got 20AA boost with no new abilities.

so you're painfully wrong..      these guys just need to say they're doing something and do it.  the bait ad switch upsets people.  sure you might get a sale but you lose a repeat customer and that's what MMO's need.