EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > General Gameplay Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 10-10-2012, 09:10 AM   #1
Cagefighter

Loremaster

Hi all, 

Since the Proseiben deal has been in the pipeline we in the UK and Europe have seen our access to using Pre-Paid SC cards removed. (http://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/...topic_id=520071)

Due to the fact that the P7 deal has now been postponed with no set date for recommencement all players affected by this decision are now in a state of limbo. (http://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/...topic_id=521718)

However, US players, and presumably those in other regions are not limited to the exchange of Pre-Paid card codes ingame, for platinum. It is a regular occurence these days to see people selling SC codes for 600p or so on the general chat channels. And to then later see these same people bidding large amounts of platinum on raid SLR ingame. This is leading to a 'have and have nots' situation, and I am wondering what, if any, plans are in place to remedy this?

Many thanks. 

If it moves stab it - if it doesn't move, sew it. Sometimes if it moves, stab it and then sew it - then sell it.
Cagefighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 10:10 AM   #2
Zygar

Loremaster

I really don't think SOE is going to be too concerned about inequalities due to a practice that is not condoned by them in the first place (SC for plat). 

92 Provisioner
Befallen (Oasis) Server

Zygar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 10:25 AM   #3
Cagefighter

Loremaster

Zygar wrote:

I really don't think SOE is going to be too concerned about inequalities due to a practice that is not condoned by them in the first place (SC for plat). 

SOE need to be concerned about it - whether or not they condone it. There IS an inequality, people are being allowed to buy an advantage with dollars. SOE either need to allow it, or stop it - but they must address the situation, as it is effecting people negatively ingame.

If it moves stab it - if it doesn't move, sew it. Sometimes if it moves, stab it and then sew it - then sell it.
Old 10-10-2012, 11:07 AM   #4
Freejazzlive

Loremaster

So, IOW, a back-handed method of complaining about selling of loot rights.

I'll get the popcorn.

Golgi Apparati, Swashbuckler of Freeport

Aheedi Adaephon, Warlock of Freeport
Freejazzlive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 11:28 AM   #5
CoLD MeTaL

Loremaster

Cagefighter wrote:

Zygar wrote:

SOE need to be concerned about it - whether or not they condone it. There IS an inequality, people are being allowed to buy an advantage with dollars. SOE either need to allow it, or stop it - but they must address the situation, as it is effecting people negatively ingame.

$OE has never been concerned with SLR.

$OE loves that people buy more Station Cash, whatever they do with it.

You are trying to stop a ship that has sailed.

CoLD MeTaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 11:34 AM   #6
Cagefighter

Loremaster

FreeJazz - No, I'm not at all - I love SLR, I sell a lot of stuff, and buy even mor emyself.

ColdMetal - Regardless of whether SOE want to make cash from allowing RMT ingame is beside my point. I'm not trying to stop a ship that has sailed - I am trying to get rid of an existing inequality between US and European players paying the same sub fee, for the same game, at the same point in time. 

I'd rather they re-enabled it for European players than got rid of it. But one way or the other it needs to be sorted out.

Old 10-10-2012, 12:20 PM   #7
Ulrichvon

Loremaster

Zygar wrote:

Oh, I'm sure they are as it sells lots of SC cards.  However, they're not going to publicly comment on it.

But its in their best interests to fuel this exchange system, you'd be a fool to think they are not paying attention to it and are not vested in it being viable.

They could have with one simple stroke and statement made this system a EULA violation, and they chose not to.  Not cause the decision was on a whim, but cause they very much anticipated these exchanges to take place.

Many other games offer a gateway to subscription time to be exchange for in game assets/wealth, I wasn't surprised when SoE blessed it here.

Honestly, there is no way I'd actually pay for my box accounts anymore (due to no account linking), so I very much appreciate this method existing.

Old 10-10-2012, 05:01 PM   #8
yohann koldheart

Loremaster

theres really nothing they can do about it, even if they make it a eula violation. 

what are they going to do? stop letting players communicate ? 

yohann koldheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 06:09 PM   #9
Regolas

Loremaster

I'm sorry but there will ALWAYS be inequality in "loot rights". Every game gives more to people that play more for a start. Someone who plays 10 hrs a day is going to have more opportunities to get more loot than someone who plays 10 hrs a week, whether that's through the original way (killing the mobs that drop the loot) or the blackmarket way (by accumilating plat and buying the loot rights). There is another way to gain that plat by paying for it with real money, whether in exchange for SC or just buying the plat from a black market website. I'm personally far too tight with my monet to dovthat. I'm even tight when it comes to paying for SLR with non real money (plat). But if people want to do it, it's their choice and it doesn't ruin the game. So what if someone wants to spend $10 real money on an item. Or 5kpp. It sounds like you're bitter because you can't. Now, back to the original point that euros are in limbo without SC cards but no PSS1 deal coming yet. That I can agree with, but not for the purposes of selling these cards for plat. And as from my experience in the UK the SC cards were very hard to find anyway, so most people probably don't even notice, except the ones who buy them to sell for plat or game time. If you want to be equal, and save yourself real money in this transition period, then play more and earn more plat that way. Or even, shock horror, raid yourself to get your loot. Play the game as it was designed rather than whining about the blackmarket not functioning as it was for a few months.
Regolas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 06:25 PM   #10
Ulrichvon

Loremaster

yohann koldheart wrote:

theres really nothing they can do about it, even if they make it a eula violation. 

If it was a eula violation, anyone soliciting or advertising it publicly in game would be reported and banned.

Sure there's nothing to stop you connecting with other players and doing this, but any activity around it in public channels, forums, etc, would be a bannable offense.

Old 10-10-2012, 06:46 PM   #11
SteelPiston

Loremaster

CoLD MeTaL wrote:

SOE loves that people buy more Station Cash, whatever they do with it.

The majority of people aren't buying SC. They are buying the 30 day game card codes with plat to pay their subscriptions. Very few will surrender the card code for 1500SC.

Old 10-10-2012, 07:12 PM   #12
yohann koldheart

Loremaster

Ulrichvon wrote:

yohann koldheart wrote:

If it was a eula violation, anyone soliciting or advertising it publicly in game would be reported and banned.

Sure there's nothing to stop you connecting with other players and doing this, but any activity around it in public channels, forums, etc, would be a bannable offense.

the people would just go to flames to advertise

yohann koldheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 04:06 PM   #13
SisterTheresa

The Vigilant

This topic has come up numerous time.  While I am sad about what is going on to Euro players (as I have a few in my guild right now) there really isn't much SoE is going to do.

If they haven't stopped it from the months and months of complaints about it, they sure aren't going to now.

Old 10-11-2012, 04:19 PM   #14
Ulrichvon

Loremaster

yohann koldheart wrote:

Ulrichvon wrote:

the people would just go to flames to advertise

Which is still public and isn't immune to getting into trouble.

I'm not saying you can stop it entirely (just like account selling), but making it a eula violation greatly hinders it.

I'm not sure why you are being so purposefully obtuse about this.

Old 10-13-2012, 10:51 AM   #15
Hateeternal

Loremaster

Cagefighter wrote:

Hi all, 

Since the Proseiben deal has been in the pipeline we in the UK and Europe have seen our access to using Pre-Paid SC cards removed. (http://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/...topic_id=520071)

This first statement is already wrong.

I'm in Germany and I use prepaid SC cards all the time. They work just fine.

I buy them online and the code works everytime and grants me playtime.

The last one I used was just a few weeks ago WAY after the announced date where it was supposed to not work for us.

I guess 'tis the first time I'm really glad that they are not able to do anything right... SMILEY

best regards

SOE Schedule:

8:00: see what isn't broken yet and break it

10:00: ban players complaining about it on the board

11:00: implement stuff noone wants, that breaks other stuff

-repeat-
Hateeternal is offline   Reply With Quote