EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > General Gameplay Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 09-06-2012, 12:25 PM   #1
roblinb

Loremaster

Okay just ran Clefts of Rujark 3 times, the loot wasn't great.  Even named bosses dropped only normal chests with Adept spells in them.  My friend is on their first character so is trying to get some plat to their name.  Any advice would be appreciated.  I seem to remember Permafrost being ok, but that was a long time ago lol

roblinb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 12:31 PM   #2
Juggercap

Elder

None. No loot at lvl 50 matters. Help your friend gain lvls (and AAs) instead of loot.

Run away! Run away!
Juggercap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 12:42 PM   #3
roblinb

Loremaster

We are leveling and gaining AA's.  I was just asking what dungeons around our level are known to have the best drops I.E. Legendary chests with the possibility or Master spells/Fabled stuff.

Old 09-06-2012, 12:45 PM   #4
Trifixion
Server: Antonia Bayle
Guild: Torment

Loremaster

Poets Palace, roost Ancients table,cazl mesa hidden cache the loot in there was good back in its day.

Trifixion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 12:49 PM   #5
Juggercap

Elder

roblinb wrote:

We are leveling and gaining AA's.  I was just asking what dungeons around our level are known to have the best drops I.E. Legendary chests with the possibility or Master spells/Fabled stuff.

At that point of the game, it wasn't guaranteed that you'd get fabled loot. Obelisk. Perma. Sol. There is no good answer.

Run away! Run away!
Old 09-06-2012, 12:49 PM   #6
roblinb

Loremaster

Thanks Famorf, that's what we'll hit next!  We'll grab our mercs and head out.

Old 09-06-2012, 12:50 PM   #7
Juggercap

Elder

roblinb wrote:

Thanks Famorf, that's what we'll hit next!  We'll grab our mercs and head out.

best of luck to you, but you're not likely to see any great loot

Run away! Run away!
Old 09-06-2012, 01:17 PM   #8
Freejazzlive

Loremaster

roblinb wrote:

Okay just ran Clefts of Rujark 3 times, the loot wasn't great.  Even named bosses dropped only normal chests with Adept spells in them.  My friend is on their first character so is trying to get some plat to their name.  Any advice would be appreciated.  I seem to remember Permafrost being ok, but that was a long time ago lol

I've had decent luck in Klak'Anon; the loot there is OK for characters of that level, & two people should be able to handle it, especially if at least one of them brings a mercenary along.

Golgi Apparati, Swashbuckler of Freeport

Aheedi Adaephon, Warlock of Freeport
Freejazzlive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 07:12 PM   #9
The_Cheeseman

Loremaster

roblinb wrote:

Twenty plat says that the unimpressive treasured loot you were picking up in Clefts is actually better than the level 69 fabled raid loot I worked my butt of to acquire during Kingdom of Sky. You won't find much in the way of especially impressive loot at low-to-mid levels because it's all been universally upgraded to the same equally overpowered standard. Basically, go wherever you want, all the loot will be better than what the content was designed for.

Old 09-06-2012, 07:48 PM   #10
hoosierdaddy

Loremaster

The best place for level 50 loot isn't a dungeon. It's Sinking Sands.

I was in a progression guld locked at level 50 for awhile and wanted the best gear possible for the level, so did a lot of farming in various places.

Sinking Sands is absolutely full of ring events that spawn named 50% of the time.

There are full sets of both treased and legendary that drop from these names. Both are nicer than anything you'll find in Cliffs, Perma, or Sol's Eye.

"The human race is the most stupid and unfair kind of race. A lot of the runners don't even get decent sneakers or clean drinking water. Some runners are born with a massive head start, every possible help along the way and still the referees seem to be on their side. It's not surprising a lot of people have given up competing altogether and gone to sit in the grandstand, eat junk and shout abuse. What the human race needs is a lot more streakers." -- Banksy
hoosierdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 08:38 AM   #11
Mohee

Lord

Good loot at those levels will be a major hit and miss. I still find a TON of loot in the level 50-60 range that is still missed from the big itemization update. Especially fabled gear.

50-60 stuff you may want to try : Klak Anon, Living Tombs, Nektropos Castle: Return, Sanctum of Fear, The Sanctorium, Mines of Meldrath, Vault of Dust, Court of Innovation, Scornfeather Roost, The Hidden Cache, or the Befallen instances which scale to level (starting at 50)

If you want to try for some epic stuff for fableds, you can check out the T5 or T6 zones that can be found HERE

But as someone stated above, you may find your time better spent just leveling up and collected treasured gear as you go along, since most of the treasured stuff is now just as good as legendary and fableds between 1-89.

EQ'ing since 1999
Mohee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 10:27 AM   #12
Rahatmattata

Loremaster

necrotic asylum, crucible, najenas hollow

A Cure For Cancer
Rahatmattata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 10:43 AM   #13
roblinb

Loremaster

Quick update to this, we did some of Klak'Anon today and Court of Innovation today.

We got 1 exquisite chest, 3 ornate chests, and a plethora of treasured chests.  Several collection quest items were found, one of which has already sold for 8 plat.

Most importantly we had a lot of fun.  The Master Spell in the exquisite chest was one my friend could use!  It was a good time today, much better than the last few dungeons we ran.

I've been keeping an eye on the suggestions here, good to know the later dungeons have nice loot as well.