EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

 

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > General Gameplay Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-03-2012, 06:05 PM   #1
Ispixien

Journeyman
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 1
Default

My IRL significant other and I play together and used to be in a large guild. Some time ago, we left that guild due to the foul nature of its members. We formed our own guild to seclude our characters and the guild has only consisted of our mains and alts. Unfortunately, despite several name change potions, we are being stalked and harasassed by several of the members of the prior guild (including its officers and leader). We can't hide our newly-named toons from them that are guilded, because apparantly they can go to eq2wire and pull up the roster of the guild and see all the people in it, bypassing the effectiveness of hiding your alts. We have set every member level in the guild to not show guild affiliation (hide the guild tag) and all the members in the guild have their profiles turned off, but in the guild roster on eq2wire, it still shows the members (albeit only their names, the remaining information says "No Data"). The names, however, are enough for them to keep pestering us.

If we rename our guild and make a dummy alt to be leader (via the new guild rename potion), will a server message be broadcast as with guild anme changes that are done sometimes through GM/CS? Or is there an option not to broadcast it? Then at least they wouldn't know which guild to look for. Or is there a way to disable our guild roster from being pushed to eq2wire? Or hide the members who aren't leader? I thought this used to be possible with the old eq2players. Any advice would be helpful. We want to be able to use our guild hall and amenities without getting harassed daily by people who create new characters just to childish.

Ispixien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 06:08 PM   #2
deadcrickets2

Loremaster
deadcrickets2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 707
Default

Ispixien wrote:

My IRL significant other and I play together and used to be in a large guild. Some time ago, we left that guild due to the foul nature of its members. We formed our own guild to seclude our characters and the guild has only consisted of our mains and alts. Unfortunately, despite several name change potions, we are being stalked and harasassed by several of the members of the prior guild (including its officers and leader). We can't hide our newly-named toons from them that are guilded, because apparantly they can go to eq2wire and pull up the roster of the guild and see all the people in it, bypassing the effectiveness of hiding your alts. We have set every member level in the guild to not show guild affiliation (hide the guild tag) and all the members in the guild have their profiles turned off, but in the guild roster on eq2wire, it still shows the members (albeit only their names, the remaining information says "No Data"). The names, however, are enough for them to keep pestering us.

If we rename our guild and make a dummy alt to be leader (via the new guild rename potion), will a server message be broadcast as with guild anme changes that are done sometimes through GM/CS? Or is there an option not to broadcast it? Then at least they wouldn't know which guild to look for. Or is there a way to disable our guild roster from being pushed to eq2wire? Or hide the members who aren't leader? I thought this used to be possible with the old eq2players. Any advice would be helpful. We want to be able to use our guild hall and amenities without getting harassed daily by people who create new characters just to childish.

I would have a GM check into their behavior.  I would also look into moving servers.

__________________
Find me on Steam, Skype and Raptr: tigerglebe

Am also on Playxpert.

If I have time I'll even answer tech questions.

deadcrickets2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 06:17 PM   #3
General_Info

Lord
General_Info's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 658
Default

deadcrickets2 wrote:

I would have a GM check into their behavior.  I would also look into moving servers.

There is no need for him to swap servers.

OP if worst comes to worst and the GMs give you canned responses. make a list of all the charaters in your guild and circulate the list among guildies. have every toon in the guild add all the names that aren't theirs to their friendslist. Then disband the guild, change the names of your toons again. wait a while (using mails/friendslist to orginize as you would if u were guilded together) create a new guidl under a different name.

By doing this they can only know what your *previous* names were as looking up your old guildname would not give them your new names.

Hoep this helps.

__________________
General_Info is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 06:17 PM   #4
Lizabethan

Philosopher
Lizabethan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 488
Default

I'm sorry to hear that you're being harassed by players on your server. I agree with the poster above me - it needs to be reported to CS (pull up logs, mail, anything valid to aid your argument) if you're having to go through so much hassle to avoid them. You both should be able to play in peace without having to go through such drastic measures.

To answer your question though, yes, a server message is broadcast when you change your name. The message will say something like "the guild X will now be known as guild Y, as decreed by player Z!", so if you wanted to change your name with a dummy leader, you could go that route. I'm not sure there's a way to hide your roster from EQ2u.

__________________
"The cookie jar is my favorite raid zone."
Lizabethan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 06:20 PM   #5
General_Info

Lord
General_Info's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 658
Default

Lizabethan wrote:

To answer your question though, yes, a server message is broadcast when you change your name. The message will say something like "the guild X will now be known as guild Y, as decreed by player Z!", so if you wanted to change your name with a dummy leader, you could go that route. I'm not sure there's a way to hide your roster from EQ2u.

hmm i knew guild name changes were broadcast across server but not oon name changes. maybe a GM could change their names without broadcasting(or doing it after a patch before the server is unlocked to the public?)

__________________
General_Info is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 06:27 PM   #6
Aunt4God

Lord
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 27
Default

Personal Toon name changes are not broadcast serverwide.  Only guild name changes.  You might have to go as drastic as disbanding your guild, change your toon names, and reguild with a new guild name.  Or, as someone suggested, unguild all but a dummy guild leader, change the guild name, wait a while, then reguild your now newly named toons.  Not sure how much a GM is going to help you with all of this.  Good Luck!

Nephredil

AB server

Aunt4God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 06:31 PM   #7
Lizabethan

Philosopher
Lizabethan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 488
Default

Ispixien wrote:

If we rename our guild and make a dummy alt to be leader (via the new guild rename potion), will a server message be broadcast as with guild anme changes that are done sometimes through GM/CS?

I was replying to this.

__________________
"The cookie jar is my favorite raid zone."
Lizabethan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 06:57 PM   #8
Te'ana

Tester
Te'ana's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,807
Default

I would not try to hide feom these vile excuses for human beings because that will only encourage them as they will smell blood and see you as weak and deserving of thier cruelty.

Do document the heck out of the situation and file as many reports as needed to get those bullies banned.

What you can do is make your guild hall private and only allow in-game messages from guildmates. That should isolate you enough to avoid the brunt of their attacks. They will eventually tire of hunting thier prey and move along to harrass someone else.

Te'ana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 07:00 PM   #9
Rahatmattata

Loremaster
Rahatmattata's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 3,232
Default

Stop letting them make you waste real life money. petition, report, and ignore every time. It works. They get 1 email from a GM telling them to stop, trust me, they will stop.

__________________


A Cure For Cancer
Rahatmattata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 09:32 PM   #10
The_Cheeseman

Loremaster
The_Cheeseman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 1,285
Default

Yes, you should definitely escalate this to Customer Service. If these people are harassing you, chances are good they'd do something similar to others, so they need to be dealt with. Make /reports and send a petition to make sure the GMs know what is going on.

__________________
The_Cheeseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 04:59 AM   #11
Pariel

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 63
Default

I'd agree with the last two posts... why should you have to go through all the faff of disbanding guilds, changing names etc. If you are being harrassed then simply report it to the CS/GM system. I also agree, they'll get one warning and they'll pretty much stop. Remember after a /tell or /say or email always /report, follow it up with a ticket and switch on your log file (I think its /log)

I wouldnt waste your SC or cash in buying new potions etc when another player is making your game life miserable. You also shouldnt have to hide your guild tag or anything about your toons. Get these people /reported and log everything. 

Remember, /ignore is your friend too.

__________________
================================

UK player, SOE account forever
Pariel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 06:42 AM   #12
Corydonn

Loremaster
Corydonn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 744
Default

Make a new guild. Make new alts. No money spent!

Corydonn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 10:35 AM   #13
feldon30

Fansite Staff
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 5,424
Default

Ispixien,

I am sorry for the trouble that you and your guildmates are experiencing, and I am sorry to hear that EQ2U is being used to harass you.

EQ2U does not currently have a feature to block/hide guilds, partly because we have no way to authenticate that someone is a guild leader. We can't verify that someone is who they say they are. But even if we did have this functionality, and we did hide your guild, this data is still available by probing the data feeds directly.

I think your best bet is the advice provided above. When abusive and harassing messages are received, use /report and then follow up with a Petition (you can do this at http://www.soe.com/ if your in-game browser gives you fits) and say you have posted a /Report. Just doing /report by itself is not enough -- you must follow it up with a Petition indicating that you filed a /report.

If you are on the receiving end of abuse, then I'd contact SOE Customer Service until the issue is addressed. You should not have to spend money on name and guild renames to avoid harassment.

feldon30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 11:44 AM   #14
Finora

Tester
Finora's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 3,423
Default

Pariel wrote:

I'd agree with the last two posts... why should you have to go through all the faff of disbanding guilds, changing names etc. If you are being harrassed then simply report it to the CS/GM system. I also agree, they'll get one warning and they'll pretty much stop. Remember after a /tell or /say or email always /report, follow it up with a ticket and switch on your log file (I think its /log)

I wouldnt waste your SC or cash in buying new potions etc when another player is making your game life miserable. You also shouldnt have to hide your guild tag or anything about your toons. Get these people /reported and log everything. 

Remember, /ignore is your friend too.

This right here.

There's no reason that the victim should have to jump through hoops to try to play the game without harrassment.

Finora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 11:51 AM   #15
Freejazzlive

Loremaster
Freejazzlive's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Foster's Home For Imaginary Friends
Posts: 704
Default

I agree with all those who advised escalating to CSRs. The guild rename option is not, IMO, an option at all.

__________________
Talechaser Tuckpaw, Troubadour of Freeport

Golgi Apparati, Swashbuckler of Freeport

Aheedi Adaephon, Warlock of Freeport
Freejazzlive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 12:14 PM   #16
Delirya
Server: Guk
Guild: Eternal Legions
Rank: Leader

Loremaster
Delirya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Florida
Posts: 157
Default

Yep, call in the CS cavalry. I'm pretty sure renaming a toon/guild wouldn't help anyway as they retain the same identification number. When I renamed one of my girls, it updated on other peoples friends lists because its the same toon. I hope it all works out for you in the end, it's rotten feeling trapped like that. Good luck!
Delirya is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 02:52 PM.

vBulletin skin by: CompleteGFX.com
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
All threads and posts originally from the EQ2 and Station forums operated by Sony Online Entertainment. Their use is by express written permission.