EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > Quests and Live Events
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 08-26-2012, 09:29 PM   #1
tonD

Augur

Just starting the Restoring Ghouldbane and there is no longer any way for an evil to get to the tower in South Qeynos. Every guard see's through invis, you have planted guards on the ramp from the water and on the tower side of the wall next to the hole in the wall and there is no other way there. Any particular reason you nerfed it?

tonD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 09:49 PM   #2
Mellani
Server: Runnyeye

Loremaster

Do you mean this one? http://eq2.wikia.com/wiki/Restoring_Ghoulbane

If so, I was able to do both, Dusty blue stone and Ghoulbane on my Evil Troubadour. So i dont know what you are doing wrong. Part of it you will need to travel via down under. Of course you put up a good point, How would none stealthy evil characters manage to do this?

Mellani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 09:53 PM   #3
Finora

Tester

You should still be able to get into the tower. You can't go via the waterway (that guard has been there a long while) but you can come through the city sewers by the stables & sneak into the door of the tower without ever going across the bridge there.

No need to be any stealthier than being watchful of the wandering guards & patient enough to wait for them to path away.

IMO with the changes to Qeynos, getting to the mage tower is one of the easier parts. Getting the blue stone to begin with is a pain in the rear. Especially if you are lower in level.

Finora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 10:22 PM   #4
tonD

Augur

seems like the same issue has nerfed other quests, Bootstrutters Guide to Antonica for instance, it can no longer be turned in if you're evil

Old 08-26-2012, 10:23 PM   #5
tonD

Augur

um, no, you still need to got he whole length of SQ and through the hole in the wall just before the tower and there are  guards that cannot be avoided now, they do not wander...

Old 08-26-2012, 10:28 PM   #6
tonD

Augur

of course you need to use the sewers, trying the regular entrances would not have allowed me to get any more then 2 steps into SQ. If you have not tried it since the last updat you should try it now and see what I am talking about. I have done it several times on lower level characters before the change to Q so please try not to patronize and instead try to help instead.

Old 08-26-2012, 10:45 PM   #7
Laenai
Server: Oasis
Guild: Tyranny

Loremaster

tonD wrote:

of course you need to use the sewers, trying the regular entrances would not have allowed me to get any more then 2 steps into SQ. If you have not tried it since the last updat you should try it now and see what I am talking about. I have done it several times on lower level characters before the change to Q so please try not to patronize and instead try to help instead.

Did both of these yesterday on a lowbie. Had no problems.

The key is: be patient and watch your environment.

Also, for someone asking for help from other people, your last line is terribly rude. Everyone is trying to help you and lashing out at helpers doesn't help your cause one iota.

Old 08-26-2012, 10:55 PM   #8
tonD

Augur

first that was a reply to ellynock not to you, who was being patronizing which is also poor behavior, I am forced to note that you seem to approve of that kind of thing. which reflects badly on you.And how exactly did you get past the gurads right past the hole in the wall close to the tower?. I have no problem getting to that point but cannot sneak or invis past the see invis guards posted there.

[

Old 08-26-2012, 11:09 PM   #9
Mellani

Loremaster

tonD wrote:

first that was a reply to ellynock not to you, who was being patronizing which is also poor behavior, I am forced to note that you seem to approve of that kind of thing. which reflects badly on you.And how exactly did you get past the gurads right past the hole in the wall close to the tower?. I have no problem getting to that point but cannot sneak or invis past the see invis guards posted there.

[

I really wasent being patronizing. I did do it after the revamp. The only guard that could see invis there was a patrol 95 guard which i just waited for him to bugger off. There are two guards posted there, and they couldnt see invis and they were green to me.

Old 08-26-2012, 11:24 PM   #10
Laenai
Server: Oasis
Guild: Tyranny

Loremaster

You know what? Nevermind. SMILEY You're rude and offensive and I have no desire to help you.

Old 08-26-2012, 11:34 PM   #11
thephantomposter

Loremaster

if the guards are stationary, get within bow range but off to one side, stick em with an arrow. When you come back, they will be standing in the old spot where you died. Would do this on pvp servers to annoy the opposite faction, I would place a qeynos guard by the either entrance(mage tower door or the temple of life ramp) and watch them stand there and figure out what to do and then attack them

thephantomposter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 12:23 AM   #12
The_Cheeseman

Loremaster

Easy solution: ask a friend to murder the guards for you. Static city guards hit like kittens and have like 5 HP each, so any one of countless bored level 92's should be able to knock-out a couple squads for you and enable you to reach the NPC required.

Alternatively, ask somebody to let you use their guild rally banner.

There is nothing stopping an evil character from completing these quests, you just may actually have to communicate and cooperate with another real person in the process.

Old 08-27-2012, 01:15 AM   #13
Finora

Tester

tonD wrote:

um, no, you still need to got he whole length of SQ and through the hole in the wall just before the tower and there are  guards that cannot be avoided now, they do not wander...

I  don't know what server you play on, but on Everfrost, there are no stationary guards on either side of the gate through the wall between the main portion of SQ & the area where the housing stick & mage tower are. There is a group that wanders though, but none standing guard there.

Old 08-27-2012, 01:29 AM   #14
thephantomposter

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

tonD wrote:

I  don't know what server you play on, but on Everfrost, there are no stationary guards on either side of the gate through the wall between the main portion of SQ & the area where the housing stick & mage tower are. There is a group that wanders though, but none standing guard there.

It happens sometimes when they kill someone of the opposite faction.They stand in that spot for sometime. I guess a glitch but it happens. It can be fun to play with, read my above post.

thephantomposter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 01:41 AM   #15
Finora

Tester

thephantomposter wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

tonD wrote:

It happens sometimes when they kill someone of the opposite faction.They stand in that spot for sometime. I guess a glitch but it happens. It can be fun to play with, read my above post.

In anycase, there is nothing broken about this portion of the quest. I just ran a level 19 iksar very easily through SQ & into the mage tower with no outside assistance whatsoever.

If the guards are standing in the opening, then it is the behavior of the guards that is glitched (usually they start moving again in a bit even when they kill someone of opposing faction, failing that they have been known to get jumpstarted again if someone of the appropriate faction hails them).

You can certainly bug the guard behavior, as that is broken, but it has been for a long while & nothing has changed yet so I wouldn't hold my breath.

Old 08-27-2012, 06:32 AM   #16
Pengefinchess

Loremaster

tonD wrote:

first that was a reply to ellynock not to you, who was being patronizing which is also poor behavior, I am forced to note that you seem to approve of that kind of thing. which reflects badly on you.And how exactly did you get past the gurads right past the hole in the wall close to the tower?.

luv this..insult her then ask how she completed somethig lol..good luck

Old 08-27-2012, 05:17 PM   #17
Seidhkona

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

If so, I was able to do both, Dusty blue stone and Ghoulbane on my Evil Troubadour. So i dont know what you are doing wrong. Part of it you will need to travel via down under. Of course you put up a good point, How would none stealthy evil characters manage to do this?

There are totems that confer invisibility.

Old 08-27-2012, 07:09 PM   #18
Mellani

Loremaster

[email protected] DLere wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

There are totems that confer invisibility.

Heh, You learn something new everyday. Thanks.

Old 08-28-2012, 07:27 AM   #19
Ungoliant
Server: Nektulos

Loremaster

Have to agree about the guard being stationary sometimes bug.

Even FDing, a guard will sometimes hang about over your body and not return to original spot.

Old 08-28-2012, 11:53 PM   #20
Seidhkona

Loremaster

tonD wrote:

I figured this out back in the day when you were doing betrayals at like level 7.  Enter Qeynos Harbor either from the sewers or even from the Antonica bell. It is possible to scale the walls of the Hall of Steel to gain access to the secret back door into South Qeynos behind the building. This entrance to South Qeynos places you on the waterfront by the Concordium Tower, avoiding pretty much all the guards.

Old 09-04-2012, 10:20 AM   #21
Freejazzlive

Loremaster

How do you get the Dusty Blue Stone, now that Qeynos has been revamped?

Golgi Apparati, Swashbuckler of Freeport

Aheedi Adaephon, Warlock of Freeport
Freejazzlive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 10:40 AM   #22
Finora

Tester

You have to sneak down to the dock area to talk to Vidia & get her quest. Tawli has been moved over by the stables in SQ. Gruffin is off in Elddar now.

All are reachable, though much much more of a pain to get to than they used to be. If you are getting it at a low level, I would just go ahead and get naked just in case. The guards are high enough that if they catch you, you will be dying with armor or without, so might as well just save yourself the potential mender fees.

Old 09-04-2012, 11:09 AM   #23
Freejazzlive

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

You have to sneak down to the dock area to talk to Vidia & get her quest. Tawli has been moved over by the stables in SQ. Gruffin is off in Elddar now.

Excellent, thank you much!

Golgi Apparati, Swashbuckler of Freeport

Aheedi Adaephon, Warlock of Freeport
Freejazzlive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 10:43 AM   #24
Levatino

Loremaster

edit: never mind this post: saw it answered

Old 09-05-2012, 10:47 AM   #25
Levatino

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

tonD wrote:

well the only way that causes them to stand is when they killed another player who also tried to sneak past them. Seen it when they killed me, next time I went in guards stood still on the spot they killed me.

Old 09-05-2012, 10:50 AM   #26
Levatino

Loremaster

you know what's difficult? trying to go in an opposing city and meanwhile suffer from lag.. oh the shivers going though your spine when you see a guard and not being able to move SMILEY