EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > PVP Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 07-24-2012, 08:27 PM   #1
Cherri
Server: Befallen
Guild: Arch Nemesis

Loremaster

People are using LoN items such as the giant pagoda and placing it in the warfronts to block line of sight.

Also is drag meant to be able to pull characters around in PVP because it was earlier ?

And are bruisers prestige ability that causes every combat art to knock players down for a short duration meant to be able to do that in PVP because the original skills PVP description had that part removed but the prestige replacement hasnt.

Cherri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 05:45 AM   #2
Cherri
Server: Befallen
Guild: Arch Nemesis

Loremaster

Players are still being placed on the 'white' team. They cannot participate and cannot earn rewards.

Gears WF can have 2 groups vs 1 group.

At the end of a WF match it displays how many tokens you have earned but then sometimes awards you less than that amount. it is misleading.

I have had about 60% of my matches give me 5 less havoc marks than what my reward displays on the WF window at the end of a match.

Cherri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 02:25 AM   #3
Charmnevac
Server: Nagafen
Guild: Taylor Gang

Loremaster

[email protected]_old wrote:

People are using LoN items such as the giant pagoda and placing it in the warfronts to block line of sight.

Also is drag meant to be able to pull characters around in PVP because it was earlier ?

And are bruisers prestige ability that causes every combat art to knock players down for a short duration meant to be able to do that in PVP because the original skills PVP description had that part removed but the prestige replacement hasnt.

Get targetting keys for PVP and PVE, spell icons show range!

Yes it is.

Yes, bruisers are inferior though. Just look at Jett.

Charmnevac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 06:04 AM   #4
Twyxx

Guardian

Drag works fine.  It's a good skill for bruisers, but not op.  Red flag is way tougher to deal with right now.

Old 07-28-2012, 06:33 AM   #5
Proud_Silence

Loremaster

Twyxx wrote:

Drag works fine.  It's a good skill for bruisers, but not op.  Red flag is way tougher to deal with right now.

Divide & Conquer, grp wide taunt, can cure with arcane pot if solo, or have your local priest or mage take care of it. I assume the annoying part you mean is when the bruiser feigns, forcing you to clear target. I'm not sure if this was ever intended to work the way it does, but it has always been like that since i can remember. actually it's all force taunts + fd which will force your enemy to lose target ( and unable to retarget for the duration of the force-taunt).

keep in mind the bruiser wil have to hit FD and stand back up, even if it's just one second, in pvp it can be the moment you missed to cure in time, or detaunt, or taunt, and the bruiser will do 0 dmg with that action. it's a CC effect, if used at the right moment it can win a fight, but tbh i can count the number of bruiser able to do that on one hand.

drag is cool, doesnt hurt, and if a healer gets draged and somehow that's the reason he's about to die, by all means, use your instant cast emergency heals or deathsave or any fancy AA ability you might be able to cast, that's what those abilities are there for. for emergency situations.

Proud_Silence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 04:09 PM   #6
Corydonn

Loremaster

[email protected]_old wrote:

As a bruiser to healer. I have over 100 tricks to ruin your day. I'm not hesitant on using them! (Unless you give /hugs)

Corydonn is offline   Reply With Quote