EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > General Gameplay Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 07-24-2012, 11:47 PM   #1
deadcrickets2

Loremaster

Last time we had a thread like this on the Extended forum it proved popular and quite a few of the ideas have since made it into the game.  I'll open up with a few ideas to steal from other games (doesn't have to be an MMO) and you guys can add your own or comment on how you feel on an idea.  Please remember to use constructive criticism.  Thanks!

From SWTOR:

The main map that they have gains opacity if you begin moving with the map up.  Makes it useful the way the old DOOM maps were.

From LOTRO:

Upcoming they are going to have mounted combat.  I'd loved to see a version of this in the game though not until the character models dumping on CPU issue is fixed.

From Champions Online:

Three dimensional combat.  Being able to fly around while still casting or attacking is a pure pleasure.  Also, all new characters are dumped into what is called the New Player Guild by the game until they reach a certain level (I think 10) at which point they are removed and they can join another guild.

Am also on Playxpert.

If I have time I'll even answer tech questions.

deadcrickets2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 01:45 AM   #2
Brigh

Loremaster

Eve Online player centered market. Enough of this SC crap and NPCs selling stuff that players should have the ability to sell to people.

-Stephen Colbert

CoD3 double XP Rank Up promotion lesson for kids
Brigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 02:05 PM   #3
Aneova
Server: Kithicor
Guild: Masters of the Universe

Loremaster

They are already borrowing from other games, and they have yet to impliment any of it properly.

Originally Posted by Smed: I've been a regular lurker on this site for a while but I wanted to step in here and dispel something that's just plain not true - I don't have my name highlighted here, but anyone that doubts it's me can email me at [email protected] and I'll happily reply. We aren't going to be allowing RMT in any way, shape or form on the non-exchange enabled EQ II servers. Period. End of statement. In any event, I wanted to stop in and at least set the record straight - you aren't going to be seeing RMT allowed on the non-exchange enabled servers.

John Smedley President, Sony Online Entertainment
Aneova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 03:54 PM   #4
deadcrickets2

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

They are already borrowing from other games, and they have yet to impliment any of it properly.

LOL

Am also on Playxpert.

Old 07-25-2012, 04:09 PM   #5
Anastasie

Loremaster

A small thing - but sooo nice to have.

Rift - upgrading bags.  You merely put the bigger bag into the bag slot and all the items in the old (smaller bag) automatically move into the new bag. 

They actually did copy the quest bobble feature from Rift in this update.

Now if they could just copy Rift one step further and add a quest item tab to the Journal so they aren't clogging up our bags.

Anastasie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 04:50 PM   #6
deadcrickets2

Loremaster

Anastasie wrote:

Now if they could just copy Rift one step further and add a quest item tab to the Journal so they aren't clogging up our bags.

Ithink they said about a couple of months ago they would be adding something like this.  I hope so as it would make it so much easier to keep track of quest items.

Am also on Playxpert.

Old 07-25-2012, 10:24 PM   #7
Eveningsong

Tester

From Istara - the ability to change the order of group members.  Very helpful for those of us who use macros to target specific classes, like buffing tank.

Eveningsong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 11:23 PM   #8
Vinyard
Server: Antonia Bayle

Loremaster

Dungeon Finder from WoW: Failed and no one uses

Battlegrounds: Failed (maybe they are better now?)

Vinyard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 11:59 AM   #9
Hateeternal

Loremaster

They already got pretty much copied over here.

Virtually everything that was added in the last maybe 2 years was basically ripped off WoW.

If I could borrow something from another game for EQ2 it would be TERA.

Just copy the entire game over EQ2's content and there we go... SMILEY

SOE Schedule:

8:00: see what isn't broken yet and break it

10:00: ban players complaining about it on the board

11:00: implement stuff noone wants, that breaks other stuff

-repeat-
Hateeternal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 12:14 PM   #10
Leawyn

Loremaster

deadcrickets2 wrote:

From Champions Online:

Also, all new characters are dumped into what is called the New Player Guild by the game until they reach a certain level (I think 10) at which point they are removed and they can join another guild.

I HATE this idea. Forced socialization? It should always be up to the player to decide if they want to join a guild or not, not be forced into some socialized program for the first 10 levels until they are then finally free to choose to go where they please.

Maelani | Maelya | Maerie | Maehymn | Maewyn | Maekita | Maelynne
Leawyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 01:41 PM   #11
Maisland

Loremaster

[email protected]_old wrote:

deadcrickets2 wrote:

From Champions Online:

Also, all new characters are dumped into what is called the New Player Guild by the game until they reach a certain level (I think 10) at which point they are removed and they can join another guild.

I HATE this idea. Forced socialization? It should always be up to the player to decide if they want to join a guild or not, not be forced into some socialized program for the first 10 levels until they are then finally free to choose to go where they please.

I agree.  I would hate this idea as well.  When I create a new character now, I get it invited to my guild that I am currently in right away.  It would be a royal pain to have to level the character to 10 before I could do that.

Maisland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 01:55 PM   #12
Raffir

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

deadcrickets2 wrote:

From Champions Online:

I agree.  I would hate this idea as well.  When I create a new character now, I get it invited to my guild that I am currently in right away.  It would be a royal pain to have to level the character to 10 before I could do that.

No, no....I'd solo until I found my own guild.  Don't want to be dumped into any guild not of my choosing.

Raf

Raffir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 02:11 PM   #13
deadcrickets2

Loremaster

Raffir wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

deadcrickets2 wrote:

From Champions Online:

No, no....I'd solo until I found my own guild.  Don't want to be dumped into any guild not of my choosing.

Raf

The way it's setup is you are automatically placed in until level 10 but you can leave at any time.

Am also on Playxpert.

Old 07-26-2012, 02:14 PM   #14
Kapath

Lord

[email protected] wrote:

I LoL'd...and then i remember i still play this game 

Old 07-27-2012, 05:40 AM   #15
DarkelfOften

Defender

Player/npc marriges from: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim.

http://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/posts/list.m?topic_id=520433
DarkelfOften is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 07:30 AM   #16
General_Info

Lord

Anastasie wrote:

A small thing - but sooo nice to have.

Rift - upgrading bags.  You merely put the bigger bag into the bag slot and all the items in the old (smaller bag) automatically move into the new bag.

This is a cool feature and should definitely be added to EQ2.

Old 07-27-2012, 04:07 PM   #17
gourdon

Loremaster

deadcrickets2 wrote:

From Champions Online:

There is an easy fix.  Let players decide if they want to join.  I kind of like the idea that there would be some mercenary companies in the game that are essentially public guilds that maybe you can join for a nominal fee like 1sp and buy rank in to have more benefits.

Old 07-27-2012, 04:10 PM   #18
Brigh

Loremaster

deadcrickets2 wrote:

From Champions Online:

EQ1 allows the OPTION of joining a guild "run" by an NPC (part of the new player tutorial which you get an achievement for completing all tutorials).

-Stephen Colbert

CoD3 double XP Rank Up promotion lesson for kids
Brigh is offline   Reply With Quote