EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > PVP Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 07-25-2012, 01:56 AM   #1
Seijin

Historian

Dear SoE: Thank you for nerfing auto attack/flurry so so so hard as well as nerfing crit bonus intensely in pvp but keeping potency and spell damage outrageous. /end sarcasm

Elemental Blast & Plaguebringer need their values cut in half. Focused Casting needs it's duration cut in half. Spell damage is completely out of control and has been for a long time, now more than ever. Fix it.

Seijin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 08:54 AM   #2
Roald

Loremaster

Seijin wrote:

Spell damage is completely out of control and has been for a long time, now more than ever. Fix it.

No, its been out of hand for the last 18 hours or so.

Milambers

Qtoon

Roald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 10:49 AM   #3
Jaqq

Lord

A bit outa hand with the pot on mages. Guess they will be the OP class for next 2 years or so...Rerolling.

Jaqq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 10:57 AM   #4
Democratt

Loremaster

I have a rather average geared scout that does all kinds of work in PVP. Sorry that you have to actually hit CAs instead of relying on half shotting with AA.

Democratt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 11:08 AM   #5
Jaqq

Lord

I do all kinds of work being a brig, but then dem  locks. 

Jaqq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 11:16 AM   #6
Xzerius

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

I have a rather average geared scout that does all kinds of work in PVP. Sorry that you have to actually hit CAs instead of relying on half shotting with AA.

This is part of the problem for me and always has been.  It's people running around on "scouts" blowing stuff up with their "big hitters" and stifles and poisons that gets my Dirge all balled up into scout nerf's.  I used to be able to bring a mage down in health enough as I would run in and start popping CA's ( as you suggested )  This was always something I had to do while everyone else was one attacking from a distance.  Now?  LOL  I cant even get mage out of a green health bar.  This update has just brought us the revisiting of the DOV mage and my dirge turned into a blubie server buff bot.

Xzerius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 11:24 AM   #7
Cynicisim
Server: Nagafen
Guild: Tyranny

Loremaster

I do think something went wrong recently. I have always thought a mage as a glass cannon. Now it seems they are a tank with firepower in pvp (especially in BGs). Either leave the firepower and put them back in silk or reduce the damage output.

Cynicisim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 11:41 AM   #8
Balrok

Loremaster

Potency is currently broke/being balanced.... so Mages are over the tope atm.  Adjustments will be made.  Relax... barely anyone helped them test this on test. 

Was on test with the GM last week and talked about the crazy mage dmg. He said he miscalculated potency when he scaled down Crit Bonus effectiveness in PvP. I just assumed it was adjusted correctly prior to going live, but I saw nothing in any Test update notes suggesting it did. Seems to be still "miscalculated."

Olihin

Balrok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 11:56 AM   #9
Twyxx

Guardian

Only have experience with the bgs, not open world, but yeah, I was amazed at what they did to auto and cb.  I think I might still be able to be useful on my raid ranger if I rebuild it for pvp, but it's so completely opposite of how I would set it up for pve that it's just not practical to consider.  I can't re-adorn/re-forge completely every time I want to hop in a bg.  It's nice that our pve gear is usable in pvp now, but realistically it isn't for a scout...especially rangers.

For now, I'm building my beastlord for the bgs instead since I don't have to use him for pve.

Old 07-25-2012, 12:39 PM   #10
Seijin

Historian

[email protected] wrote:

Too bad your rather average geared scout will die to most mages before even having time to react. I enjoy having to use/chain ca's instead of auto/flurry people to death in seconds. I do not enjoy having a mage hit 1 button & almost have me dead. Potting Plaguebringer off as soon as it hits if you can even react that fast still get's you spell multied and ticked atleast once or twice with it especially if they encase right afterward like most do. That will have you about dead just from 1 spell. Take a look at how CB & Potency scale in pvp combat & if you think there is nothing wrong with it then this isn't the game for you. Add the fact that the mages who are supposed to be squishy high damage dealers have both more defense and offense than scouts... just silly.

Seijin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 01:28 PM   #11
spudsmckenzie2

Loremaster

Hey sony...fix the caster damage already!! getting tired of conjurer and necro pets taking half my life in one cast and warlocks...welll lol. FIX IT! dont make us wait 3 months. We told you in testing that this was a problem....

Old 07-25-2012, 03:15 PM   #12
Twinbladed
Guild: Illuminati

Loremaster

I'm not having that much of a issue with them, I see the potential of when they get the actual full gear sets of being able to drop anyone in one or two hits though, but right now everything is still in a test situation. They brought back better gear better player system again, so until everyone is on the same playing feild its hard to say if it will eventual even out or if they will just whipe the floor with everyone. Beside summoners have never got to be the highlight in pvp till now. 

Twinbladed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 09:03 PM   #13
Neskonlith

Loremaster

The broken resists at SF launch which allowed casters easymode for ~56 days sure did result in a noticable amount of players quitting.

"...Gibbets, son. Nothing else in the world smells like that. I love the smell of carrion in the morning. You know, one time we had Freeport TG defended, pvp for 12 hours. When it was all over, I walked to their revive spot. We didn't find one of 'em, not one stinkin' QQ body. The smell, you know that putrescent smell, the whole writ house. Smelled like… victory..."

- Apocalypse Gnome
Neskonlith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 09:51 PM   #14
Proud_Silence

Loremaster

my warlock who is second alt gear wise, is by far performing "best" in pvp. Main is bruiser and does same if not more dps in PVE then my warlock, but in pvp he just falls over to any player with spells.

What's making it even worse is the fact that Summoner pets nuke like players, i get the occasional nuke hitting for over 10k from pets, and its impossible to get away from them, they warp through objects and because they aren't affected by the same issues like human beings ( reaction times, running/stoping/nuking they perform flawless). Having a pet been sent on you and see the owner run away and hide while you are losing 5-10% hp a second isn't exactly fun. Killing the pet is not an option cause you can't kill it faster then it kills you, and the owner just heals them up by casting 0.5sec casting time spell.

I learned from the SF disaster and this time my warlock is geared and while it's nice to get easy tokens over a malfunctioning resist system, this will make a lot of people hate pvp and BG if it's their first experience. There's just no joy in having a near 0% chance to survive against a sorceror or summoner who see's you coming and has all spells ready...

I hope this gets fixed faster then the SF scenario. unless this is working as intended and it's just time for evermage instead of everscout.

Proud_Silence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 11:11 PM   #15
Loldawg
Guild: Onyx

Loremaster

yeh, mage dps needs to be adjusted. maybe they should leave it this way for as long as ranged auto-attack was borked? funny to see scouts whine. 

Old 07-26-2012, 02:50 AM   #16
Proud_Silence

Loremaster

PVP UPDATES

The effects of Blood Ritual and Blood Symphony have been reduced in effectiveness in PVP combat.

Mage Damage has been reduced in PVP combat.

The effectiveness of Lethality and Toughness has been increased.

edit nm will have to see how this pans out but sure looks like a classic doublenerf (mage dps lowered + toughness boost)

Proud_Silence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 03:44 AM   #17
Notsovilepriest
Guild: Ill Gotten Gain

Loremaster

I mean I was playing a mage before this update, and yes I'll admit mage damage is a bit high, and summoner pets are bugged in the fact their their ability mod isn't scaling downwards in PvP like with players. That being said, all of these old auto attackers that are so used to not doing anything and winning crying like they have been is terrible, even within my own guild. It was 2 days of you having the disadvantage, how long was auto attack broken.
Old 07-26-2012, 12:43 PM   #18
Democratt

Loremaster

Notso pretty much summed it up. I listened to several of Displaced's long-time scouts whining and crying and threatening to quit over auto attacks.

Now, fix spell double attack in PVP 2012.

Democratt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 03:11 PM   #19
Balrok

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

Time Warp no longer effect PvP Spell Multi Attack.... eat me! 

Been on my conj this morning.... of course I parse well, but I was seeing good swashies, brigs and rangers keeping up with me.  And I am truely a glass cannon.  If I get focus.. my pet and I melt.  Not really sure what else people want.

And did anyone ever consider the fact that this is likely the highest DPS you will every push with full raid gear.... people are going to start building on toughness!  ATM, Everyone is DPS'ing in raid gear with zero toughness.

relax people.

Olihin

Old 07-27-2012, 07:34 AM   #20
Cherri
Server: Befallen
Guild: Arch Nemesis

Loremaster

In PVP I just pick a nicely geared mage and shadow him on my healer to keep him up.

I keep reading that mages have good survivability and hit hard, are you sure theres not other healers doing the same thing?

I used to shadow tanks but they never bother to kill players on me whereas I know the mage will.

Love mages SMILEY

Cherri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 09:29 AM   #21

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

Been on my conj this morning.... of course I parse well, but I was seeing good swashies, brigs and rangers keeping up with me.  And I am truely a glass cannon.  If I get focus.. my pet and I melt.  Not really sure what else people want.

And did anyone ever consider the fact that this is likely the highest DPS you will every push with full raid gear.... people are going to start building on toughness!  ATM, Everyone is DPS'ing in raid gear with zero toughness.

relax people.

time warp sma uber nerf SMILEY

good point about the toughness, but isnt lethality (which no one has yet, bc everyones in raid gear) going to counter the survivabilty increase of toughness?  ...no idea, just asking, since you've been on test and know more about its "%" effectiveness vs "%" of toughness. i am not even able to get lethality show up in my profit ui.

29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 11:44 AM   #22
Xzerius

Loremaster

29 wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

relax people.

time warp sma uber nerf

good point about the toughness, but isnt lethality (which no one has yet, bc everyones in raid gear) going to counter the survivabilty increase of toughness?  ...no idea, just asking, since you've been on test and know more about its "%" effectiveness vs "%" of toughness. i am not even able to get lethality show up in my profit ui.

Hard to say right now but the Toughness trade off so far is pretty weak.   I have almost 1000 toughness right now and I am only mitigating less than 7% pvp damage.  I went into a BG with a stacked guild group.   ( Pally, Inq, Defiler, Conjy, Ranger and me on my Dirge )  We ended up facing an Antonia Bayle group  < Equlibrium > no doubt they were in POW raid gear and we got our faces ripped off.  I mean,  it was like we jumped down wearing zero armor. We were nearly insta killed and after about the 5th attempt we just waited around until we got banished for lack of participation.   I'm still attempting to understand the logic that PVE gear works better in PvP than PvP gear does. Even our old PvP sets should certainly have better use or at least be equal in stats to the T1 or T2 sets that they created.  We  ARE   PvP, we play PvP,  and our PvP stuff should certainly have better use than it's current state. Heck, you cant even transmute it.  LOL 

Xzerius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 03:16 PM   #23

Loremaster

Hard to say right now but the Toughness trade off so far is pretty weak.   I have almost 1000 toughness right now and I am only mitigating less than 7% pvp damage.  I went into a BG with a stacked guild group.   ( Pally, Inq, Defiler, Conjy, Ranger and me on my Dirge )  We ended up facing an Antonia Bayle group  < Equlibrium > no doubt they were in POW raid gear and we got our faces ripped off.  I mean,  it was like we jumped down wearing zero armor. We were nearly insta killed and after about the 5th attempt we just waited around until we got banished for lack of participation.   I'm still attempting to understand the logic that PVE gear works better in PvP than PvP gear does. Even our old PvP sets should certainly have better use or at least be equal in stats to the T1 or T2 sets that they created.  We  ARE   PvP, we play PvP,  and our PvP stuff should certainly have better use than it's current state. Heck, you cant even transmute it.  LOL 

-> exactly how i feel. i pvp'ed and pvp only. never pve/raid. got complete pvp sets fully adorned for like all archetypes and all i get with this update is: "dear pvp customer, your pvp gear sucks now compared to raid gear. plz start from scratch."

im ok with giving pve players good gear, bc we need them, otherwise bgs/open world pvp wont happen, but please soe respect the pvpers who worked months to get their pvp gear.

...and yes: some say the difference is not that huge. but its still about ~20-30% difference in damage output (mostly from main stat % dps boost +  pot % boost) and like 20k more hp. if 2 decent grps collide the result is clear: pve > pvp.

easy solution though: make toughness mean smth, despite the increase with last update its still only ~6-8%.

29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 07:28 PM   #24
Balrok

Loremaster

29 wrote:

"dear pvp customer, your pvp gear sucks now compared to raid gear. plz start from scratch."

That's pretty much were I'm at.  My gear is terrible for PvP and I fully geared out like 6 toons for PvP, by means of PvP.  They are all terrible now.  Oh well, I can stomach it were I know most people/raiders can't.  Just as long as they stick around for 6 months while I gear one toon out.

Toughness will help.. On test the very most Lethaly you could get neted you only like 10% base damage increase.  Full toughness helped.. imho.  Plus.. no one is specing or reforging HP.  On test when I had the end gear, my stats were capped and I went full HPs.. ended up with about 72k HP as a mage. 

so yeah.. DPS and people dieing quickly should drop with gear.  Just don't nerf DPS to the point of no one dieing when they gear out the right way.

Olihin

Old 07-28-2012, 02:36 AM   #25
Charmnevac
Guild: Taylor Gang

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

I mean I was playing a mage before this update, and yes I'll admit mage damage is a bit high, and summoner pets are bugged in the fact their their ability mod isn't scaling downwards in PvP like with players. That being said, all of these old auto attackers that are so used to not doing anything and winning crying like they have been is terrible, even within my own guild. It was 2 days of you having the disadvantage, how long was auto attack broken.

"Auto attackers". Please go.

Unless you were getting jumped by a predator or had terrible gear, no one sat there and jumped you with auto attack and killed you before you could do something about it. When have mages ( aside from chanters at some points ) not destroyed scouts on a group PVP parse, or at the least been even as equally geared/skilled players? This is also coming from someone who rarely even does or has ever PVP'd.

Please go, and stay gone.

Charmnevac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 11:20 AM   #26
Dorsan
Guild: Onyx

Loremaster

Charmnevac, you info is like 2 years outdated. Wardens could autoattack people to death a month ago. Autoattack was way out of hand, there was no need for anyone to press any ca's.
Old 07-28-2012, 03:44 PM   #27
Charmnevac

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

Charmnevac, you info is like 2 years outdated. Wardens could autoattack people to death a month ago. Autoattack was way out of hand, there was no need for anyone to press any ca's.

If you got "auto attacked to death" by a warden when you had PVP gear on, and so did they, I would be pretty mindblown. With the ample amount of HP that people had and how low auto attack hit, it's hard to see that happening.

Then again, your opinion fits into all classes if they are wearing PVE gear. If you have a mage with a good 2 hander and maxed MA/decent flurry, they could go around "killing people with auto attack" just as well. Just because they didnt do it doesnt mean it was impossible.

He's saying there are specifically "auto attackers" and he's bringing people in his guild into the conversation as examples when these players have been playing since long before auto attack was even an issue. It's not just the fact that auto attack hits for 500-800 in PVP now. It's also the fact that their CA's don't do much more, unless they happen to get an endline ability off. This is also coming from someone who stated he doesn't even like PVP. Flawed logic is flawed.

Old 07-28-2012, 04:20 PM   #28
Notsovilepriest
Guild: Ill Gotten Gain

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

If you got "auto attacked to death" by a warden when you had PVP gear on, and so did they, I would be pretty mindblown. With the ample amount of HP that people had and how low auto attack hit, it's hard to see that happening.

Then again, your opinion fits into all classes if they are wearing PVE gear. If you have a mage with a good 2 hander and maxed MA/decent flurry, they could go around "killing people with auto attack" just as well. Just because they didnt do it doesnt mean it was impossible.

He's saying there are specifically "auto attackers" and he's bringing people in his guild into the conversation as examples when these players have been playing since long before auto attack was even an issue. It's not just the fact that auto attack hits for 500-800 in PVP now. It's also the fact that their CA's don't do much more, unless they happen to get an endline ability off. This is also coming from someone who stated he doesn't even like PVP. Flawed logic is flawed.

"Ample amount of HP and low auto attack hits" shows how out of touch you are with how the game was. Putting on PvP gear gave you less HP than you normally had by a fair bit and auto attacks weren't that much better.

Also never said i don't like PvP, been here since launch of PvP and never left.

Old 07-28-2012, 04:32 PM   #29
Charmnevac

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

"Ample amount of HP and low auto attack hits" shows how out of touch you are with how the game was. Putting on PvP gear gave you less HP than you normally had by a fair bit and auto attacks weren't that much better.

Also never said i don't like PvP, been here since launch of PvP and never left.

If you had lower HP(around 30k) with a full set of PVP gear, auto attacks weren't critting on you. So they would be doing around the damage that they are doing now, if not less. Yet now, with not much MA/flurry chance, the auto attacks are still hitting for rather low amounts as well as CA's, and people have much more hp than they would with a full set of DOV pvp gear on.

You've definitely said you don't like PVP many times.

Old 07-28-2012, 05:01 PM   #30
Balrok

Loremaster

Please petition/feedback to get your Combat Abilities increases.  It's a superior game if built around Combat Abilities and Spells for damage.  Be done with the lameness that auto attack damage is and welcome the change back to what made PvP in EQ2 great.

I'll say it again... get your damage increased via CAs and please for the love of god do not encourage auto attack as your main source of damage.  It's dumb and you all know it. 

Olihin