EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > Items and Equipment
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 05-30-2012, 10:47 PM   #31
Neiloch

Loremaster

Grumble69 wrote:

As long as SLR exists, your argument holds zero weight to me. 

what does that have to do with anything? There is a logical progression of loot: harder stuff = better loot. risk vs reward. even with SLR someone, somewhere is putting up the risk and work to get the item, what they want to do with it after then is there business.

If raids dropped something equvilent, or more appropiately better, I wouldn't care. But this is outright backwards. If this is 'okay' then why not just have all loot have a chance to drop in solo zones? It would be no different except for being the same ideas's loot table expanded.

[email protected] wrote:

ok, how many of you folks that claim 'soloers don't need that stuff' also sell loot rights?

If people wanted to pay top plat for vendor trash I'm sure that would be sold too, even though no one 'needs' them. Or do you think people with access to loot should play babysitter/gate keeper when it comes to loot? 'No no young one, you have to EARN the right for this loot and have a need for it.' Ugh.

[email protected] wrote:

anything obtainable via SC codes traded for plat should also drop in solo zones.

I agree completely but good luck getting them to seriously screw themselves on a huge source of revenue.

The whole thing REEKS of 'dailies' by far my most hated system in all of MMO's. Instead of tokens they just use exetremely rare loot.

Old 05-31-2012, 02:14 AM   #32
Ingerimm
Server: Valor
Guild: Das Schwarze Auge

Loremaster

I think the crowd here has forgotten how once thought the central idea of the item was graduations.Certainly, the nuances affect the strength of the items, as these are rare. But the real key idea then was to testify to the flag as an item is rare.... => legendary => fabled => mythical => unique / relic / artifactIt has basically nothing to do with whether it's about raid or group or solo mobs!Because if a mob is hard to sit not on whether there is a group or solo or raid mob.If a mob is hard depends on what equipment you wear, and how the mob is made from her script.I personally find it much more difficult group zone as a solo player to empty than 24 people, a mob to kill that is made for 24 people.The solo and groups is to do with raid gear snobs super easy, just makes the times with no raid gear, and you will see that most of you hard nut to crack.Appeal to the fact that one player is so raid and then use in solo and group instances also the raid gear and bragging about how great it is yet, but it shows you have no idea.Most of us who write here Raid players including myself. SOE must achieve a balance but also the non-player raid accommodate.Not if you think that a solo player or a player a loot group needs but you can not judge at all. Ye think of something better, because you take part in raids, since it does not. It is simply another way of playing. Rewarded each deserves to be playing with loot.

Now they are after all the groups and solo myth if you like the raid versions then you can bring even these to raid and does not make the groups and solo players broke their game. Since its all just jamming on, because you are not on the raid versions comes and it can not see the solo and group players once an extremely rare opportunity to have an item that your stuff is not mythical Raid slightly superior.

Old 05-31-2012, 09:58 AM   #33
Skylan

Journeyman

It's not really a discussion.  Even if the tag was legendary, treasured, or hand-crafted, frankly I don't giving a flying f***.

The point is that these items ARE best in slot.  As in there is NOTHING obtainable in DRAMATICALLY harder content that is better than what some random scrub can get for 3 minutes of his time.  No one sees an error of logic there?

Skylan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 10:02 AM   #34
Kenazeer

Loremaster

Skylan wrote:

It's not really a discussion.  Even if the tag was legendary, treasured, or hand-crafted, frankly I don't giving a (hoot)The point is that these items ARE best in slot.  As in there is NOTHING obtainable in DRAMATICALLY harder content that is better than what some random (player) can get for 3 minutes of his timeNo one sees an error of logic there?

Certainly the handout crowd has no problem with this.

Edit: changed a couple words to avoid having my post modded.

Old 05-31-2012, 11:42 AM   #35
Shotneedle

Loremaster

I have no problem with best in slot items coming from heroic zones. But I will agree them dropping from solo zones/easymode heroic(that is an easy duo/2 box/sometimes even solo) zones is pretty bad.

HM EoW had a couple best in slot items. But everyone and their mother wasn't clearing it in <5 minutes 5 times a day.

Buffrat - 92 Troubador - AB

Arbitrat - 92 Berserker - AB

Guarddog - 92 Warden - AB
Shotneedle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 12:18 PM   #36
Absynthia
Server: Antonia Bayle
Guild: Sweet Salvation

Blushing Fae

[email protected] wrote:

Second best bow in the game for rangers   aITEM -488434333 -1526602797:Agent's Longbow of Veeshan's Valor/a

http://u.eq2wire.com/item/index/3806532963

Did this bow drop? Where did it drop please? 

Old 05-31-2012, 12:24 PM   #37
Kenazeer

Loremaster

[email protected] Bayle wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

Second best bow in the game for rangers   aITEM -488434333 -1526602797:Agent's Longbow of Veeshan's Valor/a

http://u.eq2wire.com/item/index/3806532963

Did this bow drop? Where did it drop please? 

Hehe. Well...considering the link shows that it has been discovered on every server I would say the answer to the first question is a resounding yes. (Scroll down a little...the examine window is so big you might not be able to see the server discoveries)

As far as the second, if know one here knows for sure you might be able to send a cross werver tell some of the people who have looted it and ask them where.

Old 05-31-2012, 12:41 PM   #38
Absynthia
Server: Antonia Bayle
Guild: Sweet Salvation

Blushing Fae

Thank you! I had never seen the posts at WireU before, that is really helpful!

I am excited as a solo/duo player to finally see some of the cool stuff... thanks Eq2 folks for remembering us that are not raiders. It is so exciting to get something like that to drop!

This really does not effect the raiders, even if I get a great drop like that I would not be taking a raid slot or competing for kills in a contested zone. 

I will feel super special running around and killing stuff that I could never do by myself or with my partner. I can even help others that are looking for groups or need help with a kill, because I will have some extra power. 

Thank you for the new drops! <3

Old 05-31-2012, 04:04 PM   #39
Neiloch

Loremaster

This really does not effect the raiders

This dropping in zones other than raid zones definitely effects raiders. Not sure how you came to that conclusion.

I have no problem with best in slot items coming from heroic zones. But I will agree them dropping from solo zones/easymode heroic(that is an easy duo/2 box/sometimes even solo) zones is pretty bad.

HM EoW had a couple best in slot items. But everyone and their mother wasn't clearing it in <5 minutes 5 times a day.

I had a problem with EoW dropping top slot items as well.

The flaw here is that are trying to make it so if you want to have the best of the best equipment you have to dedicate a majority of your free time to EQ2. Quite frankly, the game just isn't that good. EQ2 vs everything else, I would not bet on EQ2 at this point.

If raiding is to simply be 1 of several methods to get SOME best in slot items, the entire point of raiding is subverted. Pretty big mistake to start cutting the legs out of the only advantage they have over other MMO's; decent raiding. Well that and housing I suppose. Progression raiding is non-existent in equal and even bigger MMO's.

Old 06-06-2012, 06:12 AM   #40
ranga

Loremaster

Are myths still dropping in all zones? I only ask because I've been doing DP Solo and CD easy for weeks 4 or 5 times a day and never seen one drop. The only fabled I have seen apart from the wristpieces and one tank charm are 4 brig masters in DP Solo lol. All on the same day!!

We do not think about a transfer of US server chars from EU costumers in Eq2. That should solve the biggest worries the EQ2 community has at the moment. We do not want to interfere with long build ingame relationships. This is the current way we think about it.

ranga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 09:35 AM   #41
Vulkan_NTooki

Loremaster

I've been doing DP (Advanced Solo) 3 times aday on 4 different toons, and still havent seen a mythical drop.. Its rare as hell, and its starting to get boring as hell..

Old 06-06-2012, 11:19 AM   #42
Dreamclouds

Loremaster

Have not seen one drop in almost two weeks on AB, it must have been fixed.

Dreamclouds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 02:35 PM   #43
Kraeref

Champion

To answer the question where mythical bow drops. We got it dropped three weeks or so ago in lyceum group (non-challenge ) instanse on Everfrost from the last name. I was told that you have to kill all nameds ( or should it be the last one not sure) from the first try to increase probability.
Old 06-06-2012, 05:23 PM   #44
Darkholis

Guardian

Mythical drops chart:

CD - Primary 1H and 2H

Lyceum - Ranged, Symbols

DP - Secondary

Solo CD/Ly/DP - Shoulders, Necks and small chances or group CD/Ly/DP drops

-I do not valuate a raid force on the number of kills they got, I instead valuate it on the number of flawless they achieved.

(Vanuk, 92 guardian, Tyrant of Revenge)
Darkholis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 11:17 AM   #45
Evolt

Loremaster

Guildy (Guardian) got disco on shaman shoulders from turning in solo quest to NPC and opening the box you get from him.... how wrong is that....

Old 06-22-2012, 11:55 AM   #46
Hateeternal

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

This dropping in zones other than raid zones definitely effects raiders. Not sure how you came to that conclusion.

Man you really seem like one of those who always have to put their views on other people.

I read what you wrote earlier about the entire goal of raiding being to have best-in-slot gear and such.

It's really sad that you have that kind of view on a game. Especially when you're playing with 23 other people, there is so much more to raiding than loot...

Afterall, if SOE decides to let mythical items drop in solo zones so be it. A solo player who gets one to drop is as much entitled to it as you are with your super best-slot-über raid gear drop, regardless of what you think about it. SMILEY

SOE Schedule:

8:00: see what isn't broken yet and break it

10:00: ban players complaining about it on the board

11:00: implement stuff noone wants, that breaks other stuff

-repeat-
Hateeternal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 12:01 PM   #47
Kenazeer

Loremaster

Hateeternal wrote:

entitled

The bingo word that sums up much of what is wrong with the game.

Old 06-22-2012, 12:24 PM   #48
Lempo

Loremaster

Kraeref wrote:

To answer the question where mythical bow drops. We got it dropped three weeks or so ago in lyceum group (non-challenge ) instanse on Everfrost from the last name. I was told that you have to kill all nameds ( or should it be the last one not sure) from the first try to increase probability.

You mean kill all without a death?

The only way anyone can die in any of those zones is if they pull with broken gear, crafting gear on or maybe if the MT and healer both go LD on incoming.

Somewhere in Norrath a guild is about to dissolve.
Lempo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 02:36 PM   #49
Neiloch

Loremaster

Hateeternal wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

Man you really seem like one of those who always have to put their views on other people.

I read what you wrote earlier about the entire goal of raiding being to have best-in-slot gear and such.

It's really sad that you have that kind of view on a game. Especially when you're playing with 23 other people, there is so much more to raiding than loot...

Afterall, if SOE decides to let mythical items drop in solo zones so be it. A solo player who gets one to drop is as much entitled to it as you are with your super best-slot-über raid gear drop, regardless of what you think about it.

With that logic raiding would do just as well if they made heroic zones to accomadate 24 people and just drop heroic gear. This of course would absolutely not go over well as a replacement for current raiding.

When it comes to loot, the point of raiding is to drop universally better loot than heroic loot. This applies to heroic loot in comparison to solo loot as well. You are only 'entitled' to a mythical dropping in a solo zone because SoE made it drop there, not because you deserve it. It can still be a poor decision in itemization and gear progression.

Right now some the best weapons in game drop in drunder (mythicals), zones that guilds in PoW don't even bother with since PoW drops universally better loot EXCEPT the myths. This whole 'one good thing, everything else is subpar' type itemization is just outright ignorant. They finally abandoned it when it came to shards luckily, i can only hope they do that for the rest of items as well. Making the only zones that drops shards the zones with other loot no one wants except for maybe alts or muting was shortsighted to say the least.

Hardest mobs should drop the best loot. Second hardest mobs should drop the second best loot, etc. Any kid that can do basic 'less than' 'grater than' math problems could identify and fix problems in EQ2 item progression right now.

They can make heroic and solo zones drop all mythicals for all I care, just as long as heroic zones drop better loot than solo and raid zones drop better loot than heroic. Within those the hardest solo zones drop the best solo loot, hardest heroic = best heroic loot, hardest raid = best raid loot. This is proper loot progression.

Old 07-02-2012, 11:47 AM   #50
Ibuki

Lord

So I got brawler myth shoulders from DP solo the other day. Too bad im a swash. How stupid is that? Super rare item = useless. Well maybe ill get a mana out of them. They were a disco too. So thousands and thousands of total runs through this instance on the server, brawler myth shoulder drops once, theyre useless because im diff class.

Ibuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 02:25 PM   #51
Lempo

Loremaster

Ibuki wrote:

So I got brawler myth shoulders from DP solo the other day. Too bad im a swash. How stupid is that?

No more stupid than the chance of you, or anyone else getting a mythical from the solo or heroic zones for that matter. Mute the thing, hope for a mana and move along.

Old 07-03-2012, 07:57 AM   #52
Drupal

Elder

Ibuki wrote:

So I got brawler myth shoulders from DP solo the other day. Too bad im a swash. How stupid is that? Super rare item = useless. Well maybe ill get a mana out of them. They were a disco too. So thousands and thousands of total runs through this instance on the server, brawler myth shoulder drops once, theyre useless because im diff class.

If I were you I'd lvl a brawler. That is way smarter than just mute a mythical rare drop ...

Drupal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 11:19 AM   #53
Chronus1

Loremaster

Rolling an alt because you have 1 item then having to gear it up would just be ridiculous tbh.

Old 07-03-2012, 11:51 AM   #54
Wigg
Server: Butcherblock
Guild: The Chosen

Loremaster

Chronus1 wrote:

Rolling an alt because you have 1 item then having to gear it up would just be ridiculous tbh.

Just be like me and already have an alt of every class and you are covered.

Wigg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 11:58 AM   #55
Lempo

Loremaster

Drupal wrote:

Ibuki wrote:

If I were you I'd lvl a brawler. That is way smarter than just mute a mythical rare drop ...

If they were no trade like they should be this wouldn't be possible to begin with. Isn't like the item was earned it came from a solo instance.

Old 07-03-2012, 12:47 PM   #56
Drupal

Elder

[email protected] wrote:

Drupal wrote:

Ibuki wrote:

If they were no trade like they should be this wouldn't be possible to begin with. Isn't like the item was earned it came from a solo instance.

There's no point asking for fixes, they will never happen anyway.As long as they are heirloom I am perfectly happy to roll an alt to use it.

Please note I never said it's well deserved, but that is an entirely different discussion which is not going to solve anything either. This is what we have. If someone gets a myth drop and chooses to mute it, then well, i'll just say fair play to them. I wouldn't mute it though SMILEY

Old 07-03-2012, 12:49 PM   #57
Drupal

Elder

Chronus1 wrote:

Yes I know, it's ridiculous leveling an alt and doing WL quests / solo instances / group instances to equip it.

That would be like like .... playing the game and we certainly cannot have that, can we ? SMILEY