EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > General Gameplay Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 05-10-2012, 06:28 PM   #1
Simon Templar

Loremaster

Hi all,

A few days ago I posted a forum to decide what class to play and came that the closest that I enjoyed was the Inquisitor (my second choice was a Templar so I know it was not that the fact that the class was considered OP)

Speaking of OP, I was wondering if the class will be nerfed in the near future and if so how much (in your opinion) do you think? If it is too much I will go Templar as I would rather not be in a class that is nerfed because most of the ones that are usually are nerfed too much.

Thanks to all who answer.

Simon Templar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 07:18 PM   #2
Regolas

Loremaster

I don't think it will be nerfed. Beastlords must be first on the radar. You can change between inquisitor and templar by betraying anyway, so dont worry about it. If they nerf them and you don't like it, you spend an hour or so on the betrayal quest and you’re a templar at the same level.
Regolas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 03:41 AM   #3
Rahatmattata

Loremaster

I highly doubt any adjustments would be made before the next expansion pack.

A Cure For Cancer
Rahatmattata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 12:23 PM   #4
Hateeternal

Loremaster

It most likely will, but please don't ask for it... aka don't give them ideas SMILEY

SOE Schedule:

8:00: see what isn't broken yet and break it

10:00: ban players complaining about it on the board

11:00: implement stuff noone wants, that breaks other stuff

-repeat-
Hateeternal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 01:22 PM   #5
Avirodar
Server: Oasis
Guild: Tyranny

Loremaster

After :1) Brawlers get nerfed, and2) Beastlords get nerfed, and3) A (raid) combat revamp to correct massively blatant problems.4) Shamans get nerfed.Then, if it is still an issue, SOE may look at Inqs, only to discover the noise is being made by people who envy the mythical cure, an old ability from RoK. If SOE balances the above 4 points correctly, clerics are perfectly fine.

Old 05-12-2012, 02:19 PM   #6
SpineDoc

Loremaster

Simon Templar wrote:

Hi all,

A few days ago I posted a forum to decide what class to play and came that the closest that I enjoyed was the Inquisitor (my second choice was a Templar so I know it was not that the fact that the class was considered OP)

Speaking of OP, I was wondering if the class will be nerfed in the near future and if so how much (in your opinion) do you think? If it is too much I will go Templar as I would rather not be in a class that is nerfed because most of the ones that are usually are nerfed too much.

Go inquisitor without any hesistation.  They are very overpowered in the mechanics which matter in today's game, specifically curing and DPS.  For the VAST majority of content which includes soloing, grouping and raiding you will have a very nice advantage in both curing and DPS, and can always switch back if you need a Templar for that last literally .001% of content which is pretty irrevelant anyhow with the introduction of skyshrine gear which you can sleep heal through most of the encounters.

I doubt inquisitors will be nerfed anytime soon as SOE doesn't seem overly interested in balancing classes versus offering more station cash items and slowly migrating the game towards play to win.

The inquisitor is a HECK of a lot more fun too BTW.  You can always take an hour and betray back to Templar in the future if they become viable so it doesn't even really matter.

92 Templar (retired until they are fixed)

92 Coercer

92 Guardian

92 Wizard

92 Beastlord
SpineDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 02:49 PM   #7
inspire1444568

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

After :

...blah blah blah st..id INQ answer

...Shamans get nerfed.Then, if it is still an issue, SOE may look at Inqs, only to discover the noise is being made by people who envy the mythical cure, an old ability from RoK. If SOE balances the above 4 points correctly, clerics are perfectly fine.

And where else should they be nerfed? Until -cancelled group -dps and -heal buffs? Cure?

Yes i know you play Inq, and you play 100% OP class... BUT If you want to tell you about shamans... SHUT UP STF EASYMODE HEALER !

If shaman is OP, why 99% of all new healers are inquisitors???

When inq be nerfed ? after the Avirodar expelled from his post as a single SoE healers-tester...

inspire1444568 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 04:51 PM   #8
Avirodar

Loremaster

inspire1444568 wrote:

Grats on making up numbers. Your credibility is as low as what you baselessly claim to be the ratio of non-Inq healers.If you have to ask why shamans are OP, you must have never heard of wards.  Everything else they do, is added bonus on top of the OPness, and there is plenty they add on top.I am wondering, what made you so angry?

Old 05-12-2012, 05:29 PM   #9
Destria
Server: Antonia Bayle
Guild: Saints and Sinners

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

inspire1444568 wrote:

If you have to ask why shamans are OP, you must have never heard of wards.  Everything else they do, is added bonus on top of the OPness, and there is plenty they add on top.

I really hope this is just a complete and utter failure of an attempt at sarcasm...Shamans, are far from OP in the area of heals, DPS, utility, and anything else.  They SHOULD always be on top of the heal parses for 1 reason, and 1 reason only, order of heals consumption

Wards>Reactive>DH/HoT

Wards are consumed first, they stop the damage outright, followed by reactives which heal when damage is taken, after which DH and HoT are consumed to heal remaining damage not currently being absorbed by wards, or reactives.  Any half decent shaman will almost always out heal a GOOD just because of the order of heal consumption.

So.....where exactly are shaman's OP??? Defilers never run out of power....ok...I guess I can see that argument...if my troub ever ran out of power...or my brigand...or my necro....

Old 05-12-2012, 05:56 PM   #10
Avirodar

Loremaster

[email protected] Bayle wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

inspire1444568 wrote:

If you have to ask why shamans are OP, you must have never heard of wards.  Everything else they do, is added bonus on top of the OPness, and there is plenty they add on top.

I really hope this is just a complete and utter failure of an attempt at sarcasm...Shamans, are far from OP in the area of heals, DPS, utility, and anything else.  They SHOULD always be on top of the heal parses for 1 reason, and 1 reason only, order of heals consumption

Wards>Reactive>DH/HoT

Wards are consumed first, they stop the damage outright, followed by reactives which heal when damage is taken, after which DH and HoT are consumed to heal remaining damage not currently being absorbed by wards, or reactives.  Any half decent shaman will almost always out heal a GOOD just because of the order of heal consumption.

So.....where exactly are shaman's OP??? Defilers never run out of power....ok...I guess I can see that argument...if my troub ever ran out of power...or my brigand...or my necro....

What kind of Shamans do you play EQ2 with, if you think they can not DPS? I have seen quality shamans, both defiler and mystic, do very impressive DPS (mystic has a slight edge over defiler). They also have the best debuffs of the healers. So lets see now... The most dominant healing mechanic, huge DPS capacity, and the best debuffs of all healers. Nope, no sarcasm.The sheer capacity that shamans can pump out wards, is negatively impacting on Templar desirability. Shamans are crunching out wards at a rate which causes most MTGs to want little more than a curebot as the 2nd "healer", because the other healer does not do much else. Fixing shamans from being so severely OP, will go a long way toward helping Templars desirability elevate.

Old 05-13-2012, 02:55 AM   #11
Tigress

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

After :1) Brawlers get nerfed, and2) Beastlords get nerfed, and3) A (raid) combat revamp to correct massively blatant problems.4) Shamans get nerfed.Then, if it is still an issue, SOE may look at Inqs, only to discover the noise is being made by people who envy the mythical cure, an old ability from RoK. If SOE balances the above 4 points correctly, clerics are perfectly fine.

i don't feel that is accurate.  inquisitors should (and probably will) get nerfed before the shamans!  i disagree with your comment #1 and #3 being higher priority on nerfing.  i'd bet that the person above you who said, "after beastlords" would be correct.  the rest of it, i seriously doubt.

inquisitors are the overpowered healer.  they just are.  will they get nerfed?  who knows.  probably not until enough ppl complain and then it will take a while for them to implement it.  someone else was right, if you suddenly discover that you dont like the nerf, betray to templar.  they are neutral so you can even keep your good/evil alignment. 

Tigress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 03:04 AM   #12
Tigress

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

Wards>Reactive>DH/HoT

What kind of Shamans do you play EQ2 with, if you think they can not DPS? I have seen quality shamans, both defiler and mystic, do very impressive DPS (mystic has a slight edge over defiler). They also have the best debuffs of the healers. So lets see now... The most dominant healing mechanic, huge DPS capacity, and the best debuffs of all healers. Nope, no sarcasm.The sheer capacity that shamans can pump out wards, is negatively impacting on Templar desirability. Shamans are crunching out wards at a rate which causes most MTGs to want little more than a curebot as the 2nd "healer", because the other healer does not do much else. Fixing shamans from being so severely OP, will go a long way toward helping Templars desirability elevate.

i simply disagree with you, avirodar.  i'm going to guess your main healer is an inquisitor .  inquisitors have the best buffs, period.  they are replacing furies left & right as the mage healer.  most raid leaders want one inquisitor per group.  you cannot say that for the rest of the healers.  the reason?  inquisitors are overpowered. 

the templar desireability is lower bc it cannot dps.  (or rarely does.)  in my guild, they have one templar and one defiler in the MT group.  in raid, the defiler usually gets the fury healing buff and if it is not on that defiler OR the templar gets one from another fury, the templar's heals are almost as good (if not as good/better) than the defiler.  if you are in raid with a fury, you should expect the defiler to be at the top of the heal parse 100% of the time.  you'd be surprised at how much the fury's heal buff improves the defiler.  the fury COULD put it on the templar/inquisitor but that's usually not done.  (also always keep in mind for the PARSING ONLY:  WARDS > REACTIVES > HOTS & DIRECT ==> shaman > cleric > druid)

inquisitors are overpowered.  they should get nerfed.  but, again, OP... dont worry about it.  could be a while. 

Old 05-13-2012, 05:57 AM   #13
Starbuck1771

Loremaster

Regolas wrote:

I don't think it will be nerfed. Beastlords must be first on the radar. You can change between inquisitor and templar by betraying anyway, so dont worry about it. If they nerf them and you don't like it, you spend an hour or so on the betrayal quest and you’re a templar at the same level.

Beastlords are not OP. I found playing an inquisitor a lot easier because lords don't have self heals that I have seen

Starbuck1771 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 08:19 AM   #14
Avirodar

Loremaster

Tigress wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

Wards>Reactive>DH/HoT

i simply disagree with you, avirodar.  i'm going to guess your main healer is an inquisitor .  inquisitors have the best buffs, period.  they are replacing furies left & right as the mage healer.  most raid leaders want one inquisitor per group.  you cannot say that for the rest of the healers.  the reason?  inquisitors are overpowered. 

the templar desireability is lower bc it cannot dps.  (or rarely does.)  in my guild, they have one templar and one defiler in the MT group.  in raid, the defiler usually gets the fury healing buff and if it is not on that defiler OR the templar gets one from another fury, the templar's heals are almost as good (if not as good/better) than the defiler.  if you are in raid with a fury, you should expect the defiler to be at the top of the heal parse 100% of the time.  you'd be surprised at how much the fury's heal buff improves the defiler.  the fury COULD put it on the templar/inquisitor but that's usually not done.  (also always keep in mind for the PARSING ONLY:  WARDS > REACTIVES > HOTS & DIRECT ==> shaman > cleric > druid)

inquisitors are overpowered.  they should get nerfed.  but, again, OP... dont worry about it.  could be a while. 

So, you're going to disagree with me ... by not addressing a single point I made?You did not deny that shamans can unleash beast DPS, for a healer. The only people who can try to argue this, have either never seen a good shaman, or fail to utilize their shaman effectively.You act as if it is some revelation that Inqs have good offensive buffs? They always have, since 2004, and they are proportionally no more powerful now, than they they were in 2007, in comparison to what other class types bring to the table, and total DPS output.Templars rarely DPSing is no new phenomenon. It seems that Templars who could DPS worth a hoot, have moved on. When top end DPSers are now breaching 1 million, the Inq/Fury/Shaman DPS output is proportional to what it always has been. Claiming that Templars can not DPS is misleading, the reality is, Templar tends to be a "go-to" class for those who have no drive to do high DPS, and those who have the drive to DPS will tend to go for something like a beastlord, or warlock first. Templars can do DPS, but if you want to DPS, there are better choices.I have been raiding since 2005, and have played as Templar, Mystic, Inquisitor and Warden on raids. You don't need to tell me that furies have a buff that makes shamans drool, I am very much aware. But, I can tell you it is not easy to find a fury that does not have the herp-derp syndrome. I have met some great furies, but most are.. ugh! The same actually applies to wardens, met some great Wardens, but most are a liability due to poor skill.Your little spiel about parsing order of heals, failed to account for a very cold reality... Without wards up for many raid encounter AEs, it is a 1 shot for the tank. This is a mechanic that Shamans have complete dominance over, while Clerics and Druids can not do much more than shrug their shoulders once the tank has used their saves, and dies.So in summary, you only aided in demonstrating how shamans and warding in EQ2 is an OP mechanic. Combine this with brawlers obtaining rediculous melee avoidance rates, and having more self-saves than ever, it is not making for good, balanced gameplay.

Old 05-13-2012, 11:03 AM   #15
Tollymore

Augur

The more threads like this I read, the more sympathy I develop for Tseric.

Tollymore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 11:41 AM   #16
PeterJohn

Loremaster

Simon Templar wrote:

Hi all,

To address the original question (and not the attempts at turning this thread into an all out call for several other classes to get nerfed):

Right now the clear call is to play an Inquisitor. I play on both templar and inquisitor. I can tell you that ALL content is more fun on the inquisitor. You will have great DPS, great healing, and the best cures in the game.

Will they be nerfed? Very unlikely at least for the next year. And you should not base what you play on whether or not the class you love is possibly going to be nerfed in the future. If things get really bad such as what happened to templars, you can always roll another alt and have just as much fun.

PeterJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 11:44 AM   #17
Grumble69

Loremaster

When everybody is whining equally, things are balanced.  (TM)

Grumble69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 07:20 PM   #18
SpineDoc

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

negatively impacting on Templar desirability. Shamans are crunching out wards at a rate which causes most MTGs to want little more than a curebot as the 2nd "healer", because the other healer does not do much else. Fixing shamans from being so severely OP, will go a long way toward helping Templars desirability elevate.

Hehe, just wanted to quote that so I can look at it every day.  Continue about your business, these aren't the droids you are looking for....

92 Coercer

92 Guardian

92 Wizard

92 Beastlord
Old 05-13-2012, 08:23 PM   #19
Kinvore

Loremaster

Brawlers don't need to be nerfed, they were the red-headed stepchild for far too long and deserve some love.  Beastlords probably won't get nerfed anytime soon.  They're a major selling point for this expansion, it would be foolish of SOE to nerf them.  Shamans get nerfed?  Don't make me laugh, they aren't nearly as OP'd as Inquisitors.

The solution is never nerfing, the solution is to beef up other classes and for SOE to stop playing favorites.  They blatantly favor one class over its counterpart (see necros vs. conjys) and I never understood why they keep doing that.  All it does is cause envy and complaining and it ruins the fun of this game.

I'll take balance over nerfing any day.  Give all tanks plenty of death prevents and snap agros.  Give all healers some sort of block/death save for group (and a 2nd cure).  Boost the DPS of certain DPS classes so they're more even, where skill is more important than gear.

Give everyone something useful to bring to a raid.

Kinvore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 09:25 PM   #20
SpineDoc

Loremaster

Didn't brawlers get a sort of nerf with that avoidance strike that mobs have now?

I also agree nerfing is never the answer, I can't stand players who call for nerfs.

92 Coercer

92 Guardian

92 Wizard

92 Beastlord
Old 05-13-2012, 09:45 PM   #21
Tigress

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

So, you're going to disagree with me ... by not addressing a single point I made?You did not deny that shamans can unleash beast DPS, for a healer. The only people who can try to argue this, have either never seen a good shaman, or fail to utilize their shaman effectively.You act as if it is some revelation that Inqs have good offensive buffs? They always have, since 2004, and they are proportionally no more powerful now, than they they were in 2007, in comparison to what other class types bring to the table, and total DPS output.Templars rarely DPSing is no new phenomenon. It seems that Templars who could DPS worth a hoot, have moved on. When top end DPSers are now breaching 1 million, the Inq/Fury/Shaman DPS output is proportional to what it always has been. Claiming that Templars can not DPS is misleading, the reality is, Templar tends to be a "go-to" class for those who have no drive to do high DPS, and those who have the drive to DPS will tend to go for something like a beastlord, or warlock first. Templars can do DPS, but if you want to DPS, there are better choices.I have been raiding since 2005, and have played as Templar, Mystic, Inquisitor and Warden on raids. You don't need to tell me that furies have a buff that makes shamans drool, I am very much aware. But, I can tell you it is not easy to find a fury that does not have the herp-derp syndrome. I have met some great furies, but most are.. ugh! The same actually applies to wardens, met some great Wardens, but most are a liability due to poor skill.Your little spiel about parsing order of heals, failed to account for a very cold reality... Without wards up for many raid encounter AEs, it is a 1 shot for the tank. This is a mechanic that Shamans have complete dominance over, while Clerics and Druids can not do much more than shrug their shoulders once the tank has used their saves, and dies.So in summary, you only aided in demonstrating how shamans and warding in EQ2 is an OP mechanic. Combine this with brawlers obtaining rediculous melee avoidance rates, and having more self-saves than ever, it is not making for good, balanced gameplay.

actually, i did reply to your points/concerns --- you just didn't like my reply.   

what is the "herp-derp" syndrome?

i was not playing in 2004 so i have no idea nor do i care how the buffs were for inquisitors back then.  what i do care about is NOW!  currently, they are overpowered and now they are replacing furies as the mage healer. 

i did not ignore that wards are necessary in raids.  since they do not have the quick heals, they need another class to complement them and that's almost always a cleric.  simply, i dont see shamans as overpowered.  they perform an essential function of the raid but i doubt that most shamans could solo the tank group.  i did not aid anything.  you read what you wanted to read.

the inquisitors' quick heals, reactives, quick cures and better than any other healers' buffs IS overpowered.

all that said, this is off topic.  the OP wanted to know if the inquisitor would be nerfed.  simply put:  we have no clue.  i think that they should be but do not expect for it to happen.

Old 05-13-2012, 10:09 PM   #22
Malleria

Loremaster

Tigress wrote:

i did not ignore that wards are necessary in raids.  since they do not have the quick heals, they need another class to complement them and that's almost always a cleric.  simply, i dont see shamans as overpowered.  they perform an essential function of the raid but i doubt that most shamans could solo the tank group.  i did not aid anything.  you read what you wanted to read.

the inquisitors' quick heals, reactives, quick cures and better than any other healers' buffs IS overpowered.

Just how quick do you think Inquisitor heals are?

The only reason an Inq is in the MTG is to cure so the shaman can spam wards.

Inqs in mage groups over furies is meh. Increase the benefit furies give to mages and you'll see that change quickly. Not really anything to do with Inqs being OP, just fury buffs not keeping up.

It's becoming obvious you haven't seen good shamans in action. (Or good druids for that matter)

Malleria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 10:28 PM   #23
Rendoir

Loremaster

Don't ever ask for nerfs, ask for boosts to other classes.

Rendoir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 11:08 PM   #24
PeterJohn

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

Dear SOE, please boost ALL classes except for the beastlord. Thanks! SMILEY

Signed, Not-Asking-For-Nerfs

PeterJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 12:27 AM   #25
Avirodar

Loremaster

Tigress wrote:

what is the "herp-derp" syndrome?

i was not playing in 2004 so i have no idea nor do i care how the buffs were for inquisitors back then.  what i do care about is NOW!  currently, they are overpowered and now they are replacing furies as the mage healer. 

all that said, this is off topic.  the OP wanted to know if the inquisitor would be nerfed.  simply put:  we have no clue.  i think that they should be but do not expect for it to happen.

My take on herp-derp syndrome, is a player on raid who never pays any attention to what is going on, and would perform better if they repeatedly rolled their face against the keyboard. At least then, they'd be pushing buttons.Before you try to make claims of who does and does not have quick heals, I suggest you actually check.1) Small direct heal cast time : Mystic 1s, Inq 1s.   Result = Identical2) Big direct heal cast time : Mystic 1.5s, Inq 1.5s   Result = Identical3) Group reactive/ward cast time : Mystic 2.5s, Inq 2.5s   Result = Identical4) Single reactive/ward cast time : Mystic 1s, Inq 1s.   Result = Identical5) Group heal cast time : Mystic 1.5s, Inq 1.5s.   Result = IdenticalMy shamans (defiler+mystic) both have has a super fast heal called Ancestral Channeling. Oberon adds up for the mystic when used effectively. My two clerics (templar+inq) have DG, which is a nice one, but does not make the clerics quicker healers. Yes, I have all 4 of the stated healers, defiler+mystic+inq+templar.I think Malleria summed it up nicely, in their post above. You clearly have not seen good shamans or druids in action.

Old 05-14-2012, 01:02 AM   #26
Starbuck1771

Loremaster

PeterJohn wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

Dear SOE, please boost ALL classes except for the beastlord. Thanks!

Signed, Not-Asking-For-Nerfs

Dear SOE

Please nerf PeterJohn

Signed, The-rest-of-the EQ2-community ! 

Starbuck1771 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 09:52 AM   #27
MrWolfie

Loremaster

Grumble69 wrote:

When everybody is whining equally, things are balanced.  (TM)

Great reply!

Old 05-14-2012, 09:53 AM   #28
Skylan

Journeyman

If wards are nerfed mechanics have to be changed entirely in this game for mob damage output, so let's go ahead and hold our breath on that one and see who can count highest.

Inquisitors simply put out high DPS numbers while healing *shrug*.

Beastlords however are putting out 30% more DPS then the second highest DPS class in the game.  Something is a bit off there.

Skylan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 10:06 AM   #29
Avirodar

Loremaster

Skylan wrote:

If wards are nerfed mechanics have to be changed entirely in this game for mob damage output, so let's go ahead and hold our breath on that one and see who can count highest.

Inquisitors simply put out high DPS numbers while healing *shrug*.

Beastlords however are putting out 30% more DPS then the second highest DPS class in the game.  Something is a bit off there.

Mechanics have been changed significantly, numerous times. Who's to know what the future may bring...Mystics, furies and wardens can also put out very high DPS numbers while healing. Infact, mystics and wardens are better built for simultaneously healing and DPSing than the Inq class is.Nothing is off about BL's. SOE wants to make sure people keep paying for the "optional feature pack". Reforging and the most powerful DPSer in the game, should help push the sales.

Old 05-14-2012, 02:36 PM   #30
Yimway

Loremaster

They will never get nerfed.

SoE is no longer interested in balancing classes, they're more into making things as easy to win as possible now.