EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

 

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > General Gameplay Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-08-2012, 11:02 AM   #31
Hateeternal

Loremaster
Hateeternal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Berlin
Posts: 155
Default

ReddyKY wrote:

Hateeternal wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

Seliri wrote:

...

...

...

So what comes first? The implementation of pay to win items or the mechanics that require those items? Would seem kind of silly to put in the mechanics first as that would just cogblock people from progressing until they added the items. So it seems pretty obvious to me that pay to win items would come first, simply as a convenience, and then the mechanics that require them would come later and turn that convenience into a must have.

The way to keep pay to win mechanics out of the game is to keep items such as these out of the game to start with. People should not be able to buy items that make up for a lack of skill or effort...and that is what items of this sort do.

Very wisely thought with the "add now as convenience, make mandatory later", you should really be in SOE-marketing (you would be the only person there I guess, hehe ;P). I didn't think that far.

So basically we're gonna have encounters in the future where you get like 5 dots and you die if they're not cured simultaniously - may sound far-fetched but I think it's the direction that your thought goes.

But even with that in mind, I would say the two mentioned items (cure potion and luck-thingy for coin drops) don't really make up for a lack of skill or commitment. You would still have to click the potion at the right time which (kind of) requires skill and/or knowledge about the mobs.

__________________
Ihr seid lästig und habt euch noch nicht entschieden, wen ihr nerven werdet.

SOE Schedule:

8:00: see what isn't broken yet and break it

10:00: ban players complaining about it on the board

11:00: implement stuff noone wants, that breaks other stuff

-repeat-
Hateeternal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 11:11 AM   #32
Laenai
Server: Oasis
Guild: Tyranny
Rank: Raider

Loremaster
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 634
Default

Hateeternal wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

Seliri wrote:

the item isn't overpowered i suppose...

it's just ethically wrong to offer the best cure solution for $0.50 cents

not something in line with player wishes had overseers regarded an attention span ;{

The item is overpowered in relation to what is available in game, if a cure pot like this was in game then yeah maybe not overpowered, as it is the potion is stron enough and powerful enough to make it through with or fail in many different scenarios, which I will say once again is the epitome of Pay-2-Win, even if it costs $0.01

Oh my god please quit the whining.

There is nothing overpowered with this potion and I can't hear this "pay2win" nonsense anymore.

Someone already explained why they have to work that way and otherwise would be completely useless.

There is no reason why they "need" to work this way. The way they work is what makes them so ridiculously overpowered.

__________________
Laenai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 11:48 AM   #33
agnott

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 710
Default

Hateeternal wrote:

Oh my god please quit the whining.

There is nothing overpowered with this potion and I can't hear this "pay2win" nonsense anymore.

People of your ilk were saying a couple years ago that the small drip in the basement was nothing to worry about. And here you stand with water up to your waist and still can't admit there is a problem.

At least admit that you realize that SOE will push this to the very limits. You have to admit this now because you will not be able to hear me a year from now for your head will be underwater.

agnott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 12:06 PM   #34
Hateeternal

Loremaster
Hateeternal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Berlin
Posts: 155
Default

agnott wrote:

Hateeternal wrote:

Oh my god please quit the whining.

There is nothing overpowered with this potion and I can't hear this "pay2win" nonsense anymore.

People of your ilk were saying a couple years ago that the small drip in the basement was nothing to worry about. And here you stand with water up to your waist and still can't admit there is a problem.

At least admit that you realize that SOE will push this to the very limits. You have to admit this now because you will not be able to hear me a year from now for your head will be underwater.

Of course SOE will push this to the limits but I sure won't be under any water ...  if I don't like the concept of the game anymore because there's too much pay2win (and I'm talking REAL pay2win, not some kind of curepotion that doesn't bring any real advantage over other ingame items) I will simply leave.

Also pretty much everybody knew it would develop that way, ever since the Marketplace was introduced!

If there was a "problem" (real P2W items), referring to your metaphor, I sure would have no problems "admitting" (try to fight against it or leave the game).

But people of "your like" are always whining over things that may or may not happen in the future which is kind of silly.

__________________
Ihr seid lästig und habt euch noch nicht entschieden, wen ihr nerven werdet.

SOE Schedule:

8:00: see what isn't broken yet and break it

10:00: ban players complaining about it on the board

11:00: implement stuff noone wants, that breaks other stuff

-repeat-
Hateeternal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 12:46 PM   #35
agnott

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 710
Default

Hateeternal wrote:

agnott wrote:

Hateeternal wrote:

Oh my god please quit the whining.

There is nothing overpowered with this potion and I can't hear this "pay2win" nonsense anymore.

People of your ilk were saying a couple years ago that the small drip in the basement was nothing to worry about. And here you stand with water up to your waist and still can't admit there is a problem.

At least admit that you realize that SOE will push this to the very limits. You have to admit this now because you will not be able to hear me a year from now for your head will be underwater.

Of course SOE will push this to the limits but I sure won't be under any water ...  if I don't like the concept of the game anymore because there's too much pay2win (and I'm talking REAL pay2win, not some kind of curepotion that doesn't bring any real advantage over other ingame items) I will simply leave.

Also pretty much everybody knew it would develop that way, ever since the Marketplace was introduced!

If there was a "problem" (real P2W items), referring to your metaphor, I sure would have no problems "admitting" (try to fight against it or leave the game).

But people of "your like" are always whining over things that may or may not happen in the future which is kind of silly.

Universally, people don't want to give up power & advantage. One of the ways they do that is to deny the power & advantage exists.

ps  "ilk" is a word ..not a typo of the word "like"

agnott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 04:02 PM   #36
Hateeternal

Loremaster
Hateeternal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Berlin
Posts: 155
Default

agnott wrote:

Hateeternal wrote:

agnott wrote:

Hateeternal wrote:

...
...
...

Universally, people don't want to give up power & advantage. One of the ways they do that is to deny the power & advantage exists.

ps  "ilk" is a word ..not a typo of the word "like"

Okay let me add that the only things I ever bought with SC are character slots, 2 mounts (one of those were wings)

and I think an expansion for my second account on triple SC day.

Like I said before, if there really were any p2w items you would need to progress or keep up with other players in pvp, I wouldn't buy them too and eventually leave the game.

ps: thank you for pointing that out with the word.... really! you might have guessed that I'm no native english speaker but I'm always eager to learn new stuff SMILEY

__________________
Ihr seid lästig und habt euch noch nicht entschieden, wen ihr nerven werdet.

SOE Schedule:

8:00: see what isn't broken yet and break it

10:00: ban players complaining about it on the board

11:00: implement stuff noone wants, that breaks other stuff

-repeat-
Hateeternal is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 09:17 AM.

vBulletin skin by: CompleteGFX.com
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
All threads and posts originally from the EQ2 and Station forums operated by Sony Online Entertainment. Their use is by express written permission.