EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > The Norrathian Herald > Community News
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 03-13-2012, 07:58 PM   #91
Elomort

Loremaster

This is fantastic news and looks very exciting!

A little more headroom on the current content is also very welcome, having the old content accessable to a wider number of players is always great news.

CoLD MeTaL wrote:

Did we lose Piestro already? O.o

My thoughts too.

Thousands of candles can be lighted from a single candle, and the life of the candle will not be shortened. Happiness never decreases by being shared.
Elomort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 07:59 PM   #92
Raienya

Loremaster

ranga wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

Looking forward to this GU. Very curious about prestige talent.

And for those eternally and perpetually dissapointed, bye

Have to agree with this, I honestly don't see what people are disappointed about. This is 1/3 of the year's content, not an entire expansion. The level cap increase to 92 is nice because it allows for some growth without making the current (and still unfinished) content obsolete. Definitely want to see the prestige talents, sounds pretty cool all around.

Don't want to be picky but wasn't western wastes supposed to be the second part of DoV, originally scheduled for the second half of last year?

Also, I never played EQ but is WL simply a part of WW or is it the whole of WW? If so, where/when is the rest? I know SS is in there but the way it is described in the announcement, it seems it will be a lobby like Drunder and a few reused zones?

100 quests? I know we are a hard to please bunch but contrast that with the number of quests/zones and the endgame of VP in the Kunark release. No comparison really. I hope I am wrong and it's a great release. I'm hoping the more info promised will allay the fears lol.

In Everquest, Wakening Lands was its own zone, as was Western Wastes. Skyshrine was its own zone, but was considered a "city". All were part of the Velious expansion. Skyshrine had Cobalt Scar and Wakening Lands as adjacent zones. Western Wastes had Dragon Necropolis, Siren's Grotto, and Temple of Veeshan as adjacent zones. Wakening Lands had Kael Drakkal and Skyshrine as adjacents, with Plane of Growth a zone inside Wakening Lands.

I think WW was supposed to be part of DoV 2, but can't remember when it was supposed to be released.

Raienya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 08:56 PM   #93
Jrral

Loremaster

Nrgy wrote:

Not that I disagree with that, but trading one gating mechanic for another gating mechanic for the simple reason SOE Dev's couldn't forsee their math not being able to scale when CM was scaled over 100 when DOV launched does not give me great hope for the future of health pools.

I don't think it was a matter of the math scaling. It scales quite nicely as long as you don't treat crit-mit as a percentage mitigation but simply a subtraction from the mob's crit bonus multiplier (which is in fact what it is). I think it was a matter of players not wanting a gating mechanic, and complaining about the particular one chosen because they knew if they asked for gating to be removed it wouldn't fly.

As for why gating, look at all the complaints about the lack of content, yet most of the people complaining also it turns out skipped large chunks of content. The gating mechanic removes the ability to skip content without the headaches associated with zone access flagging.

Jrral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 09:02 PM   #94
Cerinthe
Server: Oasis
Guild: Freedom Flames

Loremaster

Skyshrine eh? So will we please be getting a Dragon to worship?  Most of my characters are too low for the levels to matter,

but my poor neglected dirge would suddenly get a lot of playtime if Veeshan (or her like) returned to the Pantheon.

That's assuming she'd understand about all those drakotas in DLK, though.

Cerinthe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 09:05 PM   #95
Jrral

Loremaster

Hennyo wrote:

It would have no changes all the way down, when they went from a 14 level to a 10 level tier, it had no backwards change at all, it was a forward change only, there is absolutely no reason a change like this couldn't happen.

They never had 14-level tiers. Tiers were always 10 levels, ever since launch. The only thing that changed was the spell/CA replacement cycle. Early on you replaced a spell or CA roughly every 14 levels, although there were a lot of exceptions where a spell/CA either got replaced earlier (commonly 7 levels) or didn't get replaced that often (or at all, see Rescue). When T8 and SF came out they switched to a 10-level spell/CA replacement cycle, so you replaced all spells/CAs every tier. But back on the 14-level replacement cycle you still saw the 10-level tiers: spells in the 20s took tier 2 raws regardless of where they fell in the 14-level replacement cycle.

Jrral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 09:24 PM   #96
MurFalad

Loremaster

I like everything I see but the 2 levels has a downside.  While I understand and like the fact the two levels will allow some of the gear to be reset, and its the way EQ2 currently works with expansions I also don't like the fact that more of the game will become grey.

Personally I'd like to see levels reset, and the content from level 50 onwards re-levelled to widen out the levelling path at lower levels of the game, that would give so many new ways to level up for characters (and could allow some of the content at low levels to be seriously hard too for people who want a challenge). 

That and change itemisation to remove all percentage stats...

MurFalad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 09:25 PM   #97
Kalmaraa

I think a whole new area is pretty nice.  As well as the new level cap.  Of course it aslo shows one guy on the server I am on that he was wrong in his insisting that there would be no new content anymore for EQ2.

Kalmaraa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 10:11 PM   #98
Kunaak

Loremaster

for those that say the raid content is too hard.

2 levels really isnt gonna change that.

honestly, just getting rid of "class debuffs" would probably revive raiding back to the point where people could kill stuff again. class debuffs have made more people quit and say they will just come back in a later expansion then any other feature I have seen.

the idea that a mob gets 10 times stronger, if a single debuff is missed, is a infuriating idea.

Kunaak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 10:21 PM   #99
netwalker48184

Loremaster

YAY new zones!!   Really looking forward to them but am really wondering how this is going to be effecting progression and the previous gears usefulness... 

It is no shock that there is a HUGE gap between reg group gear and raid gear but is any thought at all going into progression and specifically progression for Priests and Magi?? 

And will zones finally start dropping items and quest rewards that people can finally actually use?  I am really fed up seeing things just marginally better then pq gear dropping in rime and kael group zones (that or every thing dropping for monk/bruiser/beastlords).... if it takes ry'gorr to get the drop doesn't it make sense theat the drop should be equall to or better then what it took to get it in the first place? 

As far as mages and priests go I don't think that I am alone in being upset in the way that these two arch types have been treated in DoV.  Our classes are not just unbalanced but are truely broken and seriously need some attention... does this GU address this at all??

netwalker48184 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 11:59 PM   #100
Gladiolus

Loremaster

All this looks really good and it would be great if it could be taken at face value. However, SOE is known for only telling you about the lovely soft petals of the rose and glossing over the thorns, so before we make our plans, it would be nice if someone would confirm that having acquired Destiny of Velious and Age of Discovery and having a current subscription are the only requirements for everything listed, and that none of it requires the involvement of the marketplace.

Gladiolus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 11:59 PM   #101
naladini

Loremaster

Piestro wrote:

I'm really excited by the details on this GU (it looks amazing) and can't wait to share them with you folks, what are some of the things you'd like to hear about first*?

At what level will the prestige class talents come into play?  40+? 90+? etc?

Fan Faire Fun: 2010 - 2007 - 2006 - 2005
naladini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 12:00 AM   #102
Citadelli

Loremaster

YAY! New CONTENT finally!

I just hope all the raid and group zones don't look and act exactly the same as they do now, i get so confused!

Citadelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 12:06 AM   #103
Novusod

Loremaster

Update looks like it has a lot of promise. Lets hope GU63 lives up to the hype. Really looking forward to new group and raid content and the new tallent trees.

Old 03-14-2012, 01:48 AM   #104
Lizabethan

Philosopher

I, for one, am super excited to get on Test_Copy and try this bad boy out. SMILEY

Old 03-14-2012, 03:14 AM   #105
GCP

Loremaster

Novusod wrote:

Really looking forward to new group and raid content and the new tallent trees.

Here's a tall ent tree.

GCP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 03:38 AM   #106
ratbast

Loremaster

Hirofortis wrote:

Hennyo wrote:

It would have no changes all the way down, when they went from a 14 level to a 10 level tier, it had no backwards change at all, it was a forward change only, there is absolutely no reason a change like this couldn't happen.

I can think of one reason that it woudn't happen.  Money.  The time to upgrade all the spells, update all the loot tables, balance them all at the new level.  They have to many other issues they need to fix first.  So unless you have some insider info.  I just can't see them adding 30-40 new spells per class with this short of a development time.  Plus it would be crazy to think that if they went up another 2 levels we would get another 30-40 new spells.  From a development standpoint, that would not make sense.   I see this more as a chance to add new abilities that would buff current abilities or even work like the savegery bar for beastlords.  It is tough to say who wil be right, but I imagine money wise, they will just update the 2 levels of spells that corespond to the level increase.  

if they do a logical extension of crafting levels it would be nonsense to not include spells/CAs for scholars. they dont have a purpose in life without this.

ratbast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 04:31 AM   #107
wullailhuit

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

Hirofortis wrote:

Ya know, I thought this was pretty clear on the main site but since people are cvonfused.

Max Level for the xp bonus is tied to the max level in game.  When it goes to 92 you will need to be 92 to get hte bonuses.

If you own DOV you will get the following updates: *

• Level cap raised to 92
  • Withered Lands outdoor zone with over 100 quests and solo, small group, and raid content
  • Play YOUR way in Skyshrine instances with solo, normal and challenge group modes
  • Experience endgame storyline events with Heroic Group and Raid instances
  • Earn prestige class talents to build the power of your character
  • All new tradeskill quests and items woven into the story arc
  • New Drake mount

If you own Age of Discovery you will get these updates: **

• Poet’s Palace Dungeon Maker theme and items
  • New Dungeon Maker adventurers
  • Tradeskill apprentices with new recipes (one Elite!)
  • Elite mercenary
  • New warders to tame for Beastlords

Pretty simple.  It even has a nice key to prove this.

*Requires Destiny of Velious expansion**Requires Age of Discovery expansion

Now with that being said, some things that are outstanding:

• Will the tradeskill levels increase?
  • Will guild levels increase?
  • When will the crit mit change take effect?
  • Will there be a new tier of Mastercrafted since the top level is 92?
  • Why are people complaining about an update that is actually nice?

Yes, however, there is nothing which states if the vet bonus will stay as is or if it will go with level cap.  It only states that the level will raise to L92.

As I defined earlier in my explanation of why I asked the question, this can go one of two ways.  With L92 going live the vet bonus is not lost or the vet bonus is lost and regained when the toon achieves L92.

There is no confirmation of which of those two possibilities will happen.  I am not assuming that it is going to level cap, nor am I assuming that it will stay as is.  I asked about this, indirectly, for red names to answer if they could.

It really isn't a case of being far too...simple minded...to understand.  I just see two possibilities about this and am not assuming.  /shrugs

Sometimes I think it's far too much to ask questions on the forums these days.  /sigh

I'm not sure why you keep wondering , the whole definition of the Vet bonus is 'number of characters at level cap' , if your characters are not at level cap (92) , then you don't get the vet bonus any more.

Old 03-14-2012, 04:32 AM   #108
Elomort

Loremaster

Peogia wrote:

2 levels might fly for free to play customers but not paying customers with a monthly fee and buying expansions and sc

• The expansion was optional, this content is free for everyone.
  • SC purchases are optional, buying SC doesn't give you special rights.
Let's keep the post constructive please

Thousands of candles can be lighted from a single candle, and the life of the candle will not be shortened. Happiness never decreases by being shared.
Elomort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 04:57 AM   #109
Landiin

Loremaster

Elomort wrote:

Peogia wrote:

2 levels might fly for free to play customers but not paying customers with a monthly fee and buying expansions and sc

• The expansion was optional, this content is free for everyone.
  • SC purchases are optional, buying SC doesn't give you special rights.

Bolded larger size text is wrong. You only get half of the content of this updae if you have DoV and the other half if you have AoD. So nothing about it is free...

Old 03-14-2012, 05:06 AM   #110
Landiin

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

Yes, however, there is nothing which states if the vet bonus will stay as is or if it will go with level cap.  It only states that the level will raise to L92.

There is no need for them to state that the vet bonus will stay at 90 or go to level cap because you only get the bonus for MAX level characters. Being this is how it has been since it was added why would they need to tell you how it works unless they changed it. Being they didn't say it changed means it will work like it always has.

As I defined earlier in my explanation of why I asked the question, this can go one of two ways.  With L92 going live the vet bonus is not lost or the vet bonus is lost and regained when the toon achieves L92.

No, there can only be one way and that is at MAX level becuase they didnt' say it changed.

There is no confirmation of which of those two possibilities will happen.  I am not assuming that it is going to level cap, nor am I assuming that it will stay as is.  I asked about this, indirectly, for red names to answer if they could.

Again why do they need to tell us how it works when we already know.

It really isn't a case of being far too...simple minded...to understand.  I just see two possibilities about this and am not assuming.  /shrugs

I just don't see how you can get there is two possibilities about this.

Sometimes I think it's far too much to ask questions on the forums these days.  /sigh

Being they did not say they are changing how vet bonus works and are going to keep it at level 90. You will only get vet bonus at level 92. I hope that cleared it up for you.

Old 03-14-2012, 05:45 AM   #111
Kaito

Lord

The Level Cap should be given to both EXpansions,

You can imagine when they give 92 to DOV, then other Newer LV cap to AOD, making everyone to own both......

Old 03-14-2012, 06:02 AM   #112
Whilhelmina
Server: Storms
Guild: Les Furies d Innoruuk

Tester

I have a comment/request:

Station Market is down on Copy, so we'll need to Test the new dungeon makers items on Test proper. Could it be possible to activate a bonus to dungeon marks gain on Test until this GU launches pretty please? With everything else to test, anything that could cut down the Dungeon Mark grind would be great.

Whilhelmina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 09:21 AM   #113
Anestacia

Loremaster

Kaito wrote:

The Level Cap should be given to both EXpansions,

You can imagine when they give 92 to DOV, then other Newer LV cap to AOD, making everyone to own both......

This is very simple.  If you want ALL content with an MMO you have to actually PAY for expansions.  That's one thing about MMOs that has not changed in the past 10+ years.  We don't even know if another 3 levels will be added to AoD to give us a more reasonable level of 95 but if so, I think it's a good strategy to sell the most lacking expansion to date imo.

Old 03-14-2012, 09:52 AM   #114
Banditman

Loremaster

All I know is SOE have made a complete mess of their game.  The AOD money grab has totally screwed up everything.

AOD was never an expansion.  We should never have been charged for it.  DoV part 2 should have been the next expansion, and it should have been more than one zone, 2 levels and a couple dungeons.

Well done SOE, well done.

Old 03-14-2012, 10:30 AM   #115
Senne

Loremaster

Banditman wrote:

All I know is SOE have made a complete mess of their game.  The AOD money grab has totally screwed up everything.

AOD was never an expansion.  We should never have been charged for it.  DoV part 2 should have been the next expansion, and it should have been more than one zone, 2 levels and a couple dungeons.

Well done SOE, well done.

The way I see it is that SOE was in a rush to release content before SWTOR and therefore released an unfinished product stripping away anything wasn't ready at that time. These game updates, again in my opinion, were actually meant for the expansion but needed more tweeking which they have now done. I, personally, see why SOE pushed for the release of AOD when they did but feel it may have bitten them in the rear.

As far as this update is concerned, we ask for more content...we ask for level cap increase....we ask and ask and ask and then they deliver something new and all people can do is complain? I don't see how any of these added options are a bad thing. We should all just wait and see how things are delivered and stop sweating it until it happens.

Senne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 10:36 AM   #116
thesiren

Loremaster

You know, Aion is launching its huge 3.0 patch (which adds a huge player housing system, a whole ground mount system, an increased level cap of 60 and a permanent reduction in leveling time) as well as going "Truly F2P" in NA just like Lineage 2 did, with absolutely no restrictions at all and no "power items" in the shop, "this spring."  Their online account services have actually been frozen today in preparation.

Tera's open beta starts in mid April, and they're not wiping for launch.

Diablo III is heavily rumored to be launching on April 17th.

Guild Wars 2 is taking preorders April 10th, which guarantee access to every beta.

This whole sudden EQ2 announcement seems to be out of nowhere, to try and stem a potential flood of exiting players.

Just sayin'. 

PS/ Why the heck did they promise a world of PvP changes with GU 63 and then drop it off the face of the earth?  If, as most people suspect, the job is way too big to be done properly by such a small and overworked team (and dead Nagafen is hardly the priority over all the other servers which are PvE), then why did they even dangle that carrot to begin with?

Personally, I've been spending my time in Aion with the free reactivation, free new unlimited trials til level 40, and double XP and other events.  I keep waiting for GU 63 and these purported PvP revamps to hit, and it keeps looking more and more like a pipe dream every time I stop back in here. 

thesiren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 11:38 AM   #117
Wirewhisker
Server: Antonia Bayle
Guild: Collateral Damage

Loremaster

thesiren wrote:

Personally, I've been spending my time in Aion with the free reactivation, free new unlimited trials til level 40, and double XP and other events.  I keep waiting for GU 63 and these purported PvP revamps to hit, and it keeps looking more and more like a pipe dream every time I stop back in here. 

I hope your new choice in direction brings you many happy hours.

Good day, sir and/or madam.

Wirewhisker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 11:44 AM   #118
SOE-MOD-02

Community Moderator

This post has moved: /eq2/posts/preList.m?topic_id=49996...post_id=5731333 Insults are not permitted
Old 03-14-2012, 01:04 PM   #119
Fendaria

Loremaster

No mention of new epic weapons on par with Beastlords, I was really hoping this would get in.

I hope the new Prestege class talents help balance out the T1 DPS issues as well.  We shall see tomorrow on Test.

Fendaria

Fendaria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 01:31 PM   #120
Gwyrdd
Server: Unrest_old
Guild: Rift Penumbra

Lord

[email protected] wrote:

Skyshrine eh? So will we please be getting a Dragon to worship?  Most of my characters are too low for the levels to matter,

but my poor neglected dirge would suddenly get a lot of playtime if Veeshan (or her like) returned to the Pantheon.

That's assuming she'd understand about all those drakotas in DLK, though.

That would be very nice. My main is fanatically devoted to Anashti Sul, but the character roster has room for Veeshan for sure.

Oh, and will the dragons (of Skyshrine, at least) finally recognize us Sarnak as their blood kindred and natural allies? >SMILEY However we came about, we're made of the same stuff. I've been trying to bring Lord Nagafen around, but he's just a little grumpy.

As for the hints at substance in the GU announcement, I'm intrigued but will certainly want to see how it actually works out. The Tradeskill apprentice extensions intrigue me a lot, as someone who's focused on intensive crafting since I joined EQ2 and wanted a bit more complexity from the apprentice system when it came out. The evolution of our recipe books in general is a big question that I hope to learn more about soon. I hope this "prestige class" system provides sufficient equally viable character customization options.

~~~Primary Gwyrdd Gwgoedwig~~~

Diplomatic liaison of the Gorowyn Council to the court of Neriak.

Gwyrdd is offline   Reply With Quote