EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > Items and Equipment
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 09-27-2012, 05:32 PM   #1
Arackone1

Loremaster

I'm speaking with other scouts and it's always the same thing.

Scouts are really angry at SOE for taking away the usability of many shields like bucklers.  For many of us, we were using them as apparence.  Plates could use chain, chain could use leather and leather could use cloth.  Same applied to shields.  I understand for a certain items that are one class only ... but grrrrrr. why this change !

When will we have our shields back !!!

Arackone1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 05:56 PM   #2
Mermut

Loremaster

I'm not sure which scouts you're talking to... none of my scouts are bothered by the inability to use a shield. They all dual wield.

Old 09-27-2012, 07:46 PM   #3
General_Info

Lord

who needs a shield? stab the other guy to death before he does so to you.

Old 09-27-2012, 08:02 PM   #4
Neiloch

Loremaster

Sometimes I would use a reforged shield instead of taking an off hand from some other scout in my guild. Works fine since i'm a ranger. But eventually i do end up with a offhand weapon.

Old 09-27-2012, 08:49 PM   #5
Seiffil
Server: Permafrost
Guild: Grievance

Loremaster

Mermut wrote:

I'm not sure which scouts you're talking to... none of my scouts are bothered by the inability to use a shield. They all dual wield.

The OP is actually talking more about being able to use the priest bucklers as appearance shields, rather then being able to actually have a shield to use.

That being said, as Neiloch also said, I've used shields from time to time, but then playing a ranger I can afford to do that without losing dps.

Seiffil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 08:10 AM   #6
Jacquotte
Server: Nagafen
Guild: Verdict

Loremaster

Arackone1 wrote:

I'm speaking with other scouts and it's always the same thing.

Scouts are really angry at SOE for taking away the usability of many shields like bucklers.  For many of us, we were using them as apparence.  Plates could use chain, chain could use leather and leather could use cloth.  Same applied to shields.  I understand for a certain items that are one class only ... but grrrrrr. why this change !

When will we have our shields back !!!

yes, most of the old shields were changed from scout roundshields to priest/fighter bucklers

even the MC shields are like this, making many of the items the same, but with different names

i dont see how they could overlook that with their massive item revamp

Jacquotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 12:08 PM   #7
Twyxx

Guardian

They made changes cause priests (templars) were using the scout roundshields with much higher protection values than the traditional priest bucklers.  So they separated them to prevent the unintended use.  It's very likely they did not consider the one scout who would be so upset about losing his appearance buckler that he would make a post about it.

I do wish the new trend in roundshields (hate procs and reduced block chance) would be reversed as they went from rangers using them to nobody using them.  Might as well leave them out of the loot tables in the next xpac if there is no reason anyone who raids would equip them.

Old 10-10-2012, 12:38 PM   #8
Neiloch

Loremaster

Twyxx wrote:

I do wish the new trend in roundshields (hate procs and reduced block chance) would be reversed as they went from rangers using them to nobody using them.  Might as well leave them out of the loot tables in the next xpac if there is no reason anyone who raids would equip them.

Thats for scouts new upcoming tank stance counterpart to recklessness called "Responsibility"

Old 10-15-2012, 04:27 PM   #9
Destria
Server: Antonia Bayle
Guild: Saints and Sinners

Loremaster

I would be upset if they took out all shields for scouts, as a raid troub I actively use a shield on all occassions, it boosts the usefulness of , increases my own survivability, and has 0 effect on my DPS.  Just because the minority of scouts are the ones that use shields, they do have a use, and have been intended for use since launch, that that majority don't use them isn't a reason to remove them completely, they're already sparse and hard enough to come by one thats worth using.

Old 10-15-2012, 05:03 PM   #10
Geothe

Loremaster

[email protected] Bayle wrote:

as a raid troub I actively use a shield on all occassions, it boosts the usefulness of , increases my own survivability, and has 0 effect on my DPS

.... /blink.

Holy cow then you are DPSing completely wrong.

On topic.I really dont understand this change either.Yes, priests should not be able to use round shields, but scouts should have the option of equiping "lesser" shields such as bucklers.... its always been that way (save for a couple of rare priests shields).Once again, another totally illogical and ill-thoughtout game change.

Smed: 5) This [LoN] is not some slippery slope towards selling items directly in EQ & EQ II.

Lie #3: Station Cash. Enough Said.

Geothe is offline   Reply With Quote