EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Support Forums > Tech Area > General Tech Support Questions
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 09-18-2012, 08:01 PM   #1
redwoodtreesprite

Loremaster

Did this thread quite a while back, but got no workable solution.

I want to start testing again, on the now beta server.  Hoping to get into the upcoming beta when it starts, so will need to be able to do this anyway.

I had given up doing any play testing on the test servers, as the game kept reinstalling the whole 18 or so GB everytime I switched to test or back to regular servers.

No one else in my family is having this issue, so it must be some setting.  What do I do to stop the reinstall everytime I switch in the launcher?

redwoodtreesprite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 09:51 PM   #2
Hordolin Awanagin

Tester

Start up the launchpad.Click on the advanced tools icon in lower left.Click Select Game Version on the left.Do you have a checkbox that says download full version? If you do select it. Then click on Validate Game Assets.If you do not have that option, click on Open Game Directory.In the window that comes up, click once on one thing in the right hand side of the window. Then hold the CTRL key and hit the A key (this selects everything).After everything is selected hold the CTRL key and click once on the Testserver (or BetaServer depending on which you're wanting to update/fix) to unselect it.Then Hold the CTRL key and hit the C key. This copies what's selected.Double click on the TestServer directory (or betaserver, depending)then hold the CTRL key and press the V key. This pastes everything you copied earlier into the directory.

This essentially copies all of your ui settings, toon settings, everything, into TestServer, and when you patch, it should only download the things that are different between test and live. Hope this helps.