EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > The Norrathian Herald > Community News
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 10-20-2012, 04:12 PM   #91
Hirofortis

Loremaster

Brigh wrote:

This just in: Holly just said WW merc will be either a paladin or healer choice. Current merc paladin last news I heard still fails to heal himself or others properly, or use his ward.

Yes, they just decided that. Now the bigger questions:

• Are they one per character?
  • Are they mastered?
  • What type of healer? 
  • Why would I use the CE merc over the MAstered Inq merc from SS?
Also can we get a screen shot of the memorial tapestry?

Hirofortis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 05:41 PM   #92
denmom

Loremaster

Location: Paradigm Clutch: Never shift reality without one...

Brigh wrote:

This just in: Holly just said WW merc will be either a paladin or healer choice. Current merc paladin last news I heard still fails to heal himself or others properly, or use his ward.

When you say "healer choice" do you mean we can choose what type of healer it is?  Or is it we take the healer option and it's whatever SOE has decided it would be?

Sorry for the question, but want to make sure I'm not misreading or misunderstanding. SMILEY

Old 10-20-2012, 07:39 PM   #93
Grumble69

Loremaster

All I can figure is that they don't want CE preorders.  I can kinda understand holding off til the panel.  It builds hype and gets the word out.  But dang.  Just give out the info already.  :p

Grumble69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 07:43 PM   #94
Brigh

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

Brigh wrote:

When you say "healer choice" do you mean we can choose what type of healer it is?  Or is it we take the healer option and it's whatever SOE has decided it would be?

Sorry for the question, but want to make sure I'm not misreading or misunderstanding.

http://www.twitch.tv/soe/b/336263268

-Stephen Colbert

CoD3 double XP Rank Up promotion lesson for kids
Brigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 01:26 PM   #95
Onurissa
Server: Antonia Bayle
Guild: Order of Marr

Lord

Hirofortis wrote:

Brigh wrote:

• Are they mastered?
  • What type of healer? 

This. Any new info on these questions?

Onurissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 09:01 PM   #96
Xianthia

Loremaster

[email protected] Bayle wrote:

Hirofortis wrote:

Brigh wrote:

• Are they mastered?
  • What type of healer? 

This. Any new info on these questions?

A bit more details on the merc would make my decision on which version of the expac I'd order. Also, when will pre-orders be over?  Didn't see anything about that either.  Thanks for the answers SMILEY

Xianthia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 09:02 PM   #97
Rainmare
Server: Oasis
Guild: Pillage

Loremaster

they way they describe it is a token you use from claim that allows you to see the merc. so I imagine it is 1 per account, you pick which he'll be, pally or healer, and that's that.

I imagine tha the CE merc will be like the SoE Live merc. which is in between Elite/regular.

th mastered SS guy is only mastered I beleive while in SS. he's naturally stronger there.

the way the talked about the in between on the SoE live vamp merc was his had hp/mana/stats like an elite, spells more like a regular, except he had some really nice really nasty 'special' abilities. and he was an SK.

so I imagine our 'were' merc woul dbe similar. eletite stats, regular level spells, and some really nasty/nice special abilities just for him in whatever role you pick for him.

seeing as he was supposed to be just a paladin originally, I bet dollars to doughnuts his 'healer' version is a templar.

Rainmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 08:56 AM   #98
Kinvore

Loremaster

The only reason why I'd buy the CE is for the merc, and even then only if it's at (or close to) Elite status.  SOE please give some specifics.  Between my girlfriend and I we have four accounts and may consider getting at least two CEs IF the new merc is good enough.

Kinvore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 10:39 AM   #99
Onurissa

Lord

Still no details on merc for us? How can you expect us to preorder when we dont know what we are getting. Ive set my preorder in, but i will be cancelling it if i dont get some details soon.

Old 10-22-2012, 12:26 PM   #100
Xianthia

Loremaster

I have two specific questions regarding the merc - where does the merc fall in the whole scheme of mercs?  Regular merc ability, Elite merc, rare merc, or in between any of those.  Also, will it be one per character (I'm assuming the answer to this one is yes, but I'd like clear confirmation).

There was no date given as to when the pre-orders would be closed, so in that regard, the time is of the essence and all of that SMILEY

Old 10-22-2012, 12:46 PM   #101
CoLD MeTaL

Loremaster

Wish they had mentioned they were killing boxing before i purchased.

CoLD MeTaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 01:40 PM   #102
Brigh

Loremaster

I would like an item that gives you the option to summon either one at any time, not an item that gives you the option to summon one then that is your only choice forever. Need a tank? Summon paladin. Need a healer? Summon healer.

-Stephen Colbert

CoD3 double XP Rank Up promotion lesson for kids
Brigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 12:38 PM   #103
Hirofortis

Loremaster

Hey SOE,

I have this bridge I will sell you. It is a great bridge and it comes with the following if you order now:

• Complimentary Hobo's living under the bridge. (They pick up the trash)
  • Some trolls - to eat the hobos if there gets to be to many.
Act now and get a special collecters edition 
  • Comes with a police mercenary to make sure the trolls only eat the hobos
  • A framed certificate of ownership
Act now as this is a limited time offer.  
Would you buy this? No. And yet you ask us to buy something from you with just as much credibility that it is something we want without showing us anything about it.  
Come on and give us some info so we can decide if it is worth it. As it stands your silence is deafening!!!

Old 10-23-2012, 04:12 PM   #104
Calthine

ZAM EQII

Still no details on merc for us? How can you expect us to preorder when we dont know what we are getting. Ive set my preorder in, but i will be cancelling it if i dont get some details soon.

They just decided this weekend to make it a choice between Paladin and Healer, so they probably do not have details yet.  They did say it was one per character. 

There's travel time, recovery and Monday Meetings, I'm sure they'll get it to us SMILEY

Please visit my non-gaming Blog! or follow me on Twitter!

Calthine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 04:20 PM   #105
Onurissa

Lord

Calthine wrote:

They just decided this weekend to make it a choice between Paladin and Healer, so they probably do not have details yet.  They did say it was one per character

There's travel time, recovery and Monday Meetings, I'm sure they'll get it to us

I only saw them say the SOE Live VAMP merc was one per acct but not the werewolf one? Can you give a link to this?

Old 10-23-2012, 04:34 PM   #106
Hirofortis

Loremaster

Calthine wrote:

They just decided this weekend to make it a choice between Paladin and Healer, so they probably do not have details yet.  They did say it was one per character. 

There's travel time, recovery and Monday Meetings, I'm sure they'll get it to us

I have seen all the videos and didnot see where they said anythign about it for the CE.  With that being said, they don't have a heck of a lot of time since the xpac comes out in less than 3 weeks.  Additionaly they could take 5 minutes to say we are working on getting you these answers.  If I did not communicate with my customers I would be fired.  Maybe they have not learned what customer care is.  If they would like I can point them to some good companys to help them.

Old 10-23-2012, 04:56 PM   #107
denmom

Loremaster

Location: Paradigm Clutch: Never shift reality without one...

Hirofortis wrote:

Calthine wrote:

I have seen all the videos and didnot see where they said anythign about it for the CE.  With that being said, they don't have a heck of a lot of time since the xpac comes out in less than 3 weeks.  Additionaly they could take 5 minutes to say we are working on getting you these answers.  If I did not communicate with my customers I would be fired.  Maybe they have not learned what customer care is.  If they would like I can point them to some good companys to help them.

It was in the CoE panel, Holly gives a little info on the CE merc.  There is a vid for it.  It's towards the end or so, where there's Q&A.

Old 10-23-2012, 06:56 PM   #108
Hirofortis

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

Hirofortis wrote:

Calthine wrote:

It was in the CoE panel, Holly gives a little info on the CE merc.  There is a vid for it.  It's towards the end or so, where there's Q&A.

If you are refering to 26:56 on the video when Holly comes to the mic.

Wanted to make a quick announcement about the collector's edition mercenary.

We've defined it as a werewolf

The class is gonna be a Paladin

But based on some of the conversations we are going to release a paladin and a healer type.

She walks away from the mic here.  Next guy speaks.

You will get to choose between one of the two which one you want to claim.

They will be illusion mercenaries.

That is all there was that I could hear.  If you have further information on this, do tell, becasue from what I heard nothing was said about any of the questions we have asked.  

With that being said, SOE, please answer the questions.

Old 10-23-2012, 07:21 PM   #109
Tyrus Dracofire

Loremaster

obviously, they seem didnt answer my question for months about "house deed transfer", meaning that can move to one of your alts of choice.

wanting few of my house transfer to some of my other characters, one of character now has maxed house cap.

maybe a small fee of 500 SC or other way to switch the ownership.

Tyrus Dracofire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 03:58 PM   #110
cassleiner

Loremaster

I am also extremely disappointed in the extras from the pre-order for the Collector's Edition. I was really looking forward to a new house or something else awesome like they have offered in the past.

These cosumable items are a joke. I'm simply not interested in them at all. There is absolutely no incentive for me to buy the CE over the Standard version. I'm even disappointed in the offerings with the standard version.

This is just... fail.

cassleiner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 07:47 PM   #111
Kasar

Loremaster

For the extra money, you get:

A reskinned Jennis Proudhilt (you wouldn't expect a new AI script), a tapestry, and some potions.

Why isn't the CE upgrade available through SC?  It's exactly the sorts of things that are in the store.

Kasar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 01:47 AM   #112
Xianthia

Loremaster

cassleiner wrote:

I am also extremely disappointed in the extras from the pre-order for the Collector's Edition. I was really looking forward to a new house or something else awesome like they have offered in the past.

These cosumable items are a joke. I'm simply not interested in them at all. There is absolutely no incentive for me to buy the CE over the Standard version. I'm even disappointed in the offerings with the standard version.

This is just... fail.

For me it's not disappointment but confused at why there are no answers to these questions yet.  I'd like to make the most informed decision I can on the purchase.

Old 10-25-2012, 08:04 AM   #113
Onurissa

Lord

Xianthia wrote:

cassleiner wrote:

This is just... fail.

For me it's not disappointment but confused at why there are no answers to these questions yet.  I'd like to make the most informed decision I can on the purchase.

This. I just want some answers before i can decide for sure which i want.

Old 10-25-2012, 09:32 AM   #114
Drupal

Elder

Happy not to buy this any time soon and wait until I can get it for a few dollars somewhere.

Drupal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 11:06 AM   #115
BrandX505

Loremaster

I recently came back to SOE games after getting bored with WoW and others.  I am/was liking the "new" SOE that seemed to be doing customer service much better than in the past.  (They used to just ignore stuff like bugs and anything they didn't want to deal with).  

I see they are back to the norm.

Sadly I'm paid in full now for 1 year all access pass.  =(

BrandX505 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 11:27 AM   #116
Afista

Loremaster

We still have 3 accounts that we are not pre-ordering on without more info.

What strength is this merc? Tougher than city hired ones?

Picture of the tapestry?

Is anything being added to the CE to actually make it desireable? A house? A mount? Consumable items are just pretty weak.

Please tell us something before it's too late to pre-order.

Click Image for link to decorating consolidated works website

Consolidated Works Fourm Thread
Afista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 12:41 PM   #117
Sharann
Server: Runnyeye
Guild: Order of the Guiding Light

Loremaster

It would have been nice to have someone from SOE tell us "listen guys we're working on the bits & pieces and you'll get full info and pics for merc & tapestry + an additional house / mount - make it a choice why not (yeah I know I'm dreaming) on date xx-xx-xxxx".

Instead nothing

Old 10-25-2012, 02:38 PM   #118
Ashlie
Server: Mistmoore
Guild: Order of Concord

Loremaster

It was mentioned at Fan Faire (err SoE Live), that those who attended would be able their standard edition to the collector's edition when the expansion goes live. My question is will the upgrade price be the difference between the standard price and the pre-order collector's price or the post-launch collector's price?

Ashlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 04:02 PM   #119
Koleg
Server: Unrest_old

Lord

[email protected] wrote:

It was mentioned at Fan Faire (err SoE Live), that those who attended would be able their standard edition to the collector's edition when the expansion goes live. My question is will the upgrade price be the difference between the standard price and the pre-order collector's price or the post-launch collector's price?

I thought that Fanfaire attendee's Historically were granted the next SE x-pak with admission... And this is not an answer to your question only an observaion.

• SE = 39.99 (40 bucks pre & post-launch)
  • CE prelaunch 59.99 (60 bucks) or post-launch 89.99 (90 bucks)

Would SOE actually try and charge FF attendee's 50 bucks for a SE to CE upgrade, when they could just have bought the CE without bothering with the SE or the FF for 10 bucks more from the get-go?

Koleg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 04:04 PM   #120
redwoodtreesprite

Loremaster

Afista wrote:

We still have 3 accounts that we are not pre-ordering on without more info.

What strength is this merc? Tougher than city hired ones?

There was the mention of it being illusion, which to me suggests no better than the paladin we already can get.  As for what type of healer, that is still unknown.

redwoodtreesprite is offline   Reply With Quote