EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Support Forums > Tech Area > General Tech Support Questions
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 07-19-2012, 12:50 PM   #1
redwoodtreesprite

Loremaster

At first I though I was getting the full 16 or so GB updating because I had not played on test for a while.  But then when I switched back to regular EQII, I had to to the full massive updating again!  This takes almost 4 hours for me, and it makes no sense.  (Oh, and I also did get the intro video like I had never played EQII before after the updating.)

My son did the same switching back and forth, and did not get the full install updating.

What should I do to stop this?  I would like to be able to freely move to test when I want to help test things.

redwoodtreesprite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 03:05 PM   #2
tkia

Tester

I suggest you check the installation paths of your files. Every time they change the launcher they also change the default location that it dumps into. If you're seeing things like the intro video it suggests you are running from a new installation directory that doesn't realise you've seen that before. Your files for test should be in the testserver sub folder of your main EQ2 folder. I suspect you'll find you have more than one of them.
tkia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 03:34 PM   #3
Lamatu

Loremaster

redwoodtreesprite wrote:

At first I though I was getting the full 16 or so GB updating because I had not played on test for a while.  But then when I switched back to regular EQII, I had to to the full massive updating again!  This takes almost 4 hours for me, and it makes no sense.  (Oh, and I also did get the intro video like I had never played EQII before after the updating.)

My son did the same switching back and forth, and did not get the full install updating.

What should I do to stop this?  I would like to be able to freely move to test when I want to help test things.

Are you using the streaming version? I know with the full download version there is no problem when I switch.

Old 07-19-2012, 06:59 PM   #4
redwoodtreesprite

Loremaster

tkia wrote:

I suggest you check the installation paths of your files. Every time they change the launcher they also change the default location that it dumps into. If you're seeing things like the intro video it suggests you are running from a new installation directory that doesn't realise you've seen that before. Your files for test should be in the testserver sub folder of your main EQ2 folder. I suspect you'll find you have more than one of them.

How do I check? And yes there are a bunch of loose files in the Sony Online Entertainment Folder that do appear to be EQII files.  As well as an Everquest II folder, and within that folder a Test Server folder.  I do have EQI installed  But that has a folder in a folder called Installed Games and seems fine.

redwoodtreesprite is offline   Reply With Quote