EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

 

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > The Norrathian Herald > Community News
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-26-2011, 06:47 PM   #1
Amnerys

Community Team
Amnerys's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 2,317
Default

Coming Soon: the Back to School Bonanza!

Students of all ages are heading back to school, and while we can't help you in the classroom with school supplies or the answers to your first quiz, we can make your afternoons just a little bit better. During the Back to School Bonanza, you can redeem pre-paid game cards for Double Station Cash*!

We know some of you've been holding on to your pre-paid game cards just waiting for a day like this. Well, now's your chance! If you haven't been waiting, don’t worry. Make your way to participating stores to get your pre-paid game cards now and redeem them for Double Station Cash®* between September 2, 2011, and September 5, 2011. Plus, be on the lookout for special sale items or activities in participating games throughout the Back to School Bonanza! Get a head start on your “homework” and pick up a few pre-paid game cards today! For more details on this promotion visit www.soe.com/backtoschool.

*excludes SMS payments

Amnerys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 07:09 PM   #2
Revman

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 99
Default

Cratoh wrote:

Amazing. Just spent loads on SC as 1/3 off and then within a week you are advertising 50% off. 

Should we wait? Have you got triple SC coming up for 23rd september Autumnal Equinox? 40% off on October 1 - World Vegetarian Day and Magic Circles Day?

Did SOE strongarm you into making the purchase? Spending "loads" on SC made you think it was a good deal.

Revman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 12:38 PM   #3
SisterTheresa

The Vigilant
SisterTheresa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 1,250
Default

Hm ... this seems different than what I read someplace else:

http://www.soe.com/backtoschool/

This says you can get double cash by buying it from your Station Account AS WELL AS game cards.

Can you clarity which is it?  Below is an exact screenshot so you can see what I mean.  Maybe I'm reading it wrong?  Reason I ask is that we have MANY players who live outside the US (even I have some in Europe in my guild) so leaving it just cards is kinda bad PR.

__________________
SisterTheresa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 02:26 PM   #4
Onurissa
Server: Antonia Bayle
Guild: Order of Marr
Rank: Council

Lord
Onurissa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 418
Default

Yes please some clarification, on your main site it says we can buy with CC in game, but on here i says only with gamecards, i cant get gamecards where i am. SMILEY

Onurissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 03:41 PM   #5
Resstful

Loremaster
Resstful's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 133
Default

Amnerys wrote:

 For more details on this promotion visit www.soe.com/backtoschool.

*excludes SMS payments

When you click the link for MORE DETAILS you receive the MORE DETAILED  information.  I'm not sure how more clarification is needed. 

The promotion page states up front, in large font, that you can "Purchase Station Cash in game" as one of the options.

This announcement is no different than any other online specials announcement with a 'click for more details' link.

Resstful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 04:10 PM   #6
dotdotdot

Lord
dotdotdot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 128
Default

Better question is.... is the double exp showing on that Back to School page legit?

__________________


Brigand | Mystic | Coercer | Monk | Troubadour | Necro
dotdotdot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 04:27 PM   #7
SisterTheresa

The Vigilant
SisterTheresa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 1,250
Default

Resstful wrote:

Amnerys wrote:

 For more details on this promotion visit www.soe.com/backtoschool.

*excludes SMS payments

When you click the link for MORE DETAILS you receive the MORE DETAILED  information.  I'm not sure how more clarification is needed. 

The promotion page states up front, in large font, that you can "Purchase Station Cash in game" as one of the options.

This announcement is no different than any other online specials announcement with a 'click for more details' link.

When I meant clarigfication is because the details Amnerys said in her first post says NOTHING about getting the SC through your account for the double ONLY SC CARDS.  Have to understand many people will just go by the posting from a red name and not look for More Info.

So stating this all up front is good PR ;D

__________________
SisterTheresa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 05:32 PM   #8
IvyBlackrose

Lord
IvyBlackrose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 176
Default

rumour has it that we get double xpfrom the 2nd thru the 5th as well but i dont see this anywhere can we get verification or denial please?

__________________
IvyBlackrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 05:45 PM   #9
Wingrider01

Loremaster
Wingrider01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 5,999
Default

dotdotdot wrote:

Better question is.... is the double exp showing on that Back to School page legit?

where is it showing that?

Interesting, roll over the game at the bottom at it shows it -oh well stil have 6 of the 15.00 walmart cards with the 500 bonus that have been in the drawer waiting for this again

__________________
Fixing computer issues, one SOC7 at a time.

Yes Jim, the user has experienced the dreaded PICNIC error

Wingrider01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 07:33 PM   #10
Aethn

Tester
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 164
Default

I highly doubt we will ever see Triple again, that was just due to the Hack / Downtime, I seriously doubt SOE will do that again.

__________________
Aethn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 12:47 AM   #11
Flamewi
Server: Butcherblock
Guild: Gathering Shadows
Rank: Senior Member

General
Flamewi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 213
Default

With SOE I'd never say "never". Who knows. Considering the massive ****bomb that GU61 is, they may even consider offering things like triple SC as a partial apology.

Everyone cross your fingers that SOE does a massive rollback, deletes everything related to GU61 and offers an enormous apology for one of the biggest screwups since ... erm ... Gawd. I can't think of a screwup worse than this SMILEY

Ah well SMILEY

Flamewi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 02:56 AM   #12
Tyrus Dracofire

Loremaster
Tyrus Dracofire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 2,274
Default

let me add, ever since Gu 13... massive classes nerf that no one likes and we lost so many player friends.

let see if this "Drundar" frustrations still causing new exodus of players leaving SOE gaming comunities seeking other "smart" game competitors. there new games coming soon this fall/late fall. some of players didnt like the direction eq2 is heading, it not SJ's fault, but those guys in suits making poor decisions to roll over or to uprooting original vision.

anyway, so my question about this Bonanza, can i use multiple cards or resticted to 1 game card per event?

Tyrus Dracofire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 09:59 AM   #13
Wingrider01

Loremaster
Wingrider01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 5,999
Default

[email protected] wrote:

With SOE I'd never say "never". Who knows. Considering the massive ****bomb that GU61 is, they may even consider offering things like triple SC as a partial apology.

Everyone cross your fingers that SOE does a massive rollback, deletes everything related to GU61 and offers an enormous apology for one of the biggest screwups since ... erm ... Gawd. I can't think of a screwup worse than this

Ah well

1. not going to happen

2. not going to happen

3. not going to happen

Get the cards, cash them in for double SC and move on. Bright point here is I have a lot less accounts to split those walmart cards across because of the changes.

__________________
Fixing computer issues, one SOC7 at a time.

Yes Jim, the user has experienced the dreaded PICNIC error

Wingrider01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 02:10 PM   #14
Calthine

ZAM EQII
Calthine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 7,439
Default

IvyBlackrose wrote:

rumour has it that we get double xpfrom the 2nd thru the 5th as well but i dont see this anywhere can we get verification or denial please?

Confirmed, it's on the SOE website.

__________________





Please visit my non-gaming Blog! or follow me on Twitter!

Calthine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 02:12 PM   #15
Calthine

ZAM EQII
Calthine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 7,439
Default

[email protected] wrote:

anyway, so my question about this Bonanza, can i use multiple cards or resticted to 1 game card per event?

They've never restricted how many cards you can redeem.

__________________





Please visit my non-gaming Blog! or follow me on Twitter!

Calthine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 02:17 PM   #16
Theorum

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 8
Default

I can't believe Amernys and SOE have the NERVE to throw up a post like this today, asking for more money, when the majority of players are STUCK in their guild halls unable to log in!

How about fixing the game, providing some updates on when we might actually be able to play the game before you try to get us all excited about double SC and the wonderful opportunity Sept. 2-5 to spend even more money on a broken game! (Don't even get me started on GU 61)

Thank you!

Theorum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 09:19 AM   #17
Cyliena
Server: Everfrost
Guild: Crusaders of Neriak
Rank: Colonel

Fansite Staff
Cyliena's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 3,798
Default

Theorum wrote:

 when the majority of players are STUCK in their guild halls unable to log in!

If you petition a GM gets you out very quickly. Yes, it's a sucky bug, but it *is* possible to survive without a hall until they fix it on Tuesday.

Cyliena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 03:32 AM   #18
TaleraRis

Loremaster
TaleraRis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Posts: 2,083
Default

[email protected] wrote:

vision

*twitch*

Sorry, that word still gives me issues.

__________________
Gwyneth Lecarde
90 Warty Arrow Flinger
90 Sword Shiner
Najena

Morgasand Ka'Bael
54 Roswellian Mind Scrambler
87 Shield Polisher
Najena
TaleraRis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 11:15 AM   #19
Ciara52

Loremaster
Ciara52's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: California
Posts: 504
Default

So can you buy the SC online for double or do I need to go to the store  SMILEY  

Ciara52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 11:25 AM   #20
SisterTheresa

The Vigilant
SisterTheresa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 1,250
Default

Ciara52 wrote:

So can you buy the SC online for double or do I need to go to the store    

Did you read the link Cal linked? http://eq2.zam.com/story.html?story=27513 Says in there ;D  You can do either

__________________
SisterTheresa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 01:01 PM   #21
Calthine

ZAM EQII
Calthine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 7,439
Default

[email protected] Bayle wrote:

Ciara52 wrote:

So can you buy the SC online for double or do I need to go to the store    

Did you read the link Cal linked? http://eq2.zam.com/story.html?story=27513 Says in there ;D  You can do either

LOL, thanks SMILEY  Short version:  Any method of purchase EXCEPT SMS should give you double Station Cash.  Mind those start and end times!

__________________





Please visit my non-gaming Blog! or follow me on Twitter!

Calthine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 07:57 PM   #22
Rune' Tahlear

Loremaster
Rune' Tahlear's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 13
Default

does the Double EXP end sunday night the 4th or monday nigth the 5?

i see sunday the 5th in the official website and see both the 4th and the 5th stated.

Rune' Tahlear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 11:54 AM   #23
SgtPmpkn

Loremaster
SgtPmpkn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 359
Default

Some clarification on the dates/times of bonus xp is appreciated.  Some differences in various places its posted.  Some saying it ends on the 5th, others the 6th.

Thanks.

SgtPmpkn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 12:06 PM   #24
Onurissa
Server: Antonia Bayle
Guild: Order of Marr
Rank: Council

Lord
Onurissa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 418
Default

SgtPmpkn wrote:

Some clarification on the dates/times of bonus xp is appreciated.  Some differences in various places its posted.  Some saying it ends on the 5th, others the 6th.

Thanks.

I see ones saying 4 and some saying 5...none the 6th though hehe. Some clarification is DEFINATELY needed by a redname.

Onurissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 04:17 PM   #25
Luminata
Server: Runnyeye
Guild: Xanadu
Rank: Inactive < 50 %

Loremaster
Luminata's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 29
Default

[email protected] Bayle wrote:

SgtPmpkn wrote:

Some clarification on the dates/times of bonus xp is appreciated.  Some differences in various places its posted.  Some saying it ends on the 5th, others the 6th.

Thanks.

I see ones saying 4 and some saying 5...none the 6th though hehe. Some clarification is DEFINATELY needed by a redname.

The EQ2Players notice says Sunday 5th September so seeing as the next time 5th September is a Sunday isn't happening until 2021 we have 10 years of Double XP =P

Luminata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 05:36 PM   #26
CorpseGoddess

Loremaster
CorpseGoddess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Vancouver, BC
Posts: 1,774
Default

[email protected] wrote:

[email protected] Bayle wrote:

SgtPmpkn wrote:

Some clarification on the dates/times of bonus xp is appreciated.  Some differences in various places its posted.  Some saying it ends on the 5th, others the 6th.

Thanks.

I see ones saying 4 and some saying 5...none the 6th though hehe. Some clarification is DEFINATELY needed by a redname.

The EQ2Players notice says Sunday 5th September so seeing as the next time 5th September is a Sunday isn't happening until 2021 we have 10 years of Double XP =P

You're either looking at a necro post from last year, or they didn't change the dates from last year's Labour Day double XP.

__________________
CorpseGoddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 06:35 PM   #27
Luminata
Server: Runnyeye
Guild: Xanadu
Rank: Inactive < 50 %

Loremaster
Luminata's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 29
Default

[email protected] wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

[email protected] Bayle wrote:

SgtPmpkn wrote:

Some clarification on the dates/times of bonus xp is appreciated.  Some differences in various places its posted.  Some saying it ends on the 5th, others the 6th.

Thanks.

I see ones saying 4 and some saying 5...none the 6th though hehe. Some clarification is DEFINATELY needed by a redname.

The EQ2Players notice says Sunday 5th September so seeing as the next time 5th September is a Sunday isn't happening until 2021 we have 10 years of Double XP =P

You're either looking at a necro post from last year, or they didn't change the dates from last year's Labour Day double XP.

I am looking at the current page news article here  http://everquest2.com/news/read/current/4051 which says:

This coming weekend, from 12:01 AM PDT on Friday, September 2 and ending at 11:59 PM PDT on Sunday, September 5, EverQuest II will be running a Double XP promotion (+100% XP). 

Luminata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 09:36 PM   #28
SisterTheresa

The Vigilant
SisterTheresa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 1,250
Default

I sent a post to the lady taking over Amnerys' place for now, so let's see if she answers.

__________________
SisterTheresa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 04:28 AM   #29
dotdotdot

Lord
dotdotdot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 128
Default

So how long is this "scheduled maintenance" on the account page supposed to last? Guess I'll go to bed and redeem my SC in the morning.

__________________


Brigand | Mystic | Coercer | Monk | Troubadour | Necro
dotdotdot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 04:44 AM   #30
Amarillan
Server: Antonia Bayle
Guild: Blessed Vagabonds
Rank: Leader

Loremaster
Amarillan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: SoCal
Posts: 38
Default

dotdotdot wrote:

So how long is this "scheduled maintenance" on the account page supposed to last? Guess I'll go to bed and redeem my SC in the morning.

I was wondering exactly the same thing!!  Stop reading my mind

Amarillan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 06:44 PM.

vBulletin skin by: CompleteGFX.com
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
All threads and posts originally from the EQ2 and Station forums operated by Sony Online Entertainment. Their use is by express written permission.