EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > The Norrathian Herald > Community News
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 06-24-2011, 08:22 PM   #91
drakkenshie

General

Goonfu wrote:

Bloodstormz = <100% agree> Dragon mounts is exactly what we should be flying! Younger versions of dragons is what we should be leaping and gliding on while they mature, level with us and "train" to fly. Lizards, Dinosaurs, and Pegasusususes is just wrong on many levels. Arieste = <100% agree> Full control of appearance/hide options would allow for many more unique customizations.

I like this idea... you get a mount at 30, and it grows more powerful with you, learning to glide, and then eventually learning to fly.

I would make it learn faster though... it would be so much fun to fly while running low toons. I like running the low toons better than my 90.

Old 06-25-2011, 12:22 AM   #92
scarfeesh

Lord

All my ground mounts had speed increased except for my favorite one, the Hotwired Gnomish Hovercraft, it's still 65% SMILEY

I logged into my swashbuckler, which I haven't done in ages, and felt like I was using some sort of speedhack with mounts hidden + 155% runspeed. Insane. I really enjoy the new mounts, although they make the griffon feel a lot more sluggish and slow.

scarfeesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 01:33 PM   #93
Telden

Loremaster

Unfortunately, ground mounts no longer walk properly. They now use the galloping animation for walking as well.

The increased walking speed has also messed up guard patrols in Qeynos (and probably Freeport as well), because the mounted guards gallop away from their patrol group.

Old 06-26-2011, 07:56 PM   #94
Ripchi

Loremaster

Didn't read through all the posts to see if this had already been suggested or not, but I think it would be nice to be able have a summon mount skill for each class of mount (Ground, Leaper, Glider, Flyer) and be able to preset a mount and appearance mount for each skill/type.  This way we could more easily switch mounts on the fly as needed based on the circumstances.

Ripchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 11:25 PM   #95
PsiaMeese

Loremaster

Ripchi wrote:

Didn't read through all the posts to see if this had already been suggested or not, but I think it would be nice to be able have a summon mount skill for each class of mount (Ground, Leaper, Glider, Flyer) and be able to preset a mount and appearance mount for each skill/type.  This way we could more easily switch mounts on the fly as needed based on the circumstances.

The mount tab is a more recent addition to the game. Before the mount tab and saddle icon, we merely carried our whistles in a bag and just dragged the whistles to a hotbar. Someone correct me, but to my knowledge macroing doesn't offer an appearance command does it? It would be a long way around but might provide what Ripchi is suggesting.

PsiaMeese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 03:42 AM   #96
Eileah

Loremaster

[email protected] Bayle wrote:

Unfortunately, ground mounts no longer walk properly. They now use the galloping animation for walking as well.

The increased walking speed has also messed up guard patrols in Qeynos (and probably Freeport as well), because the mounted guards gallop away from their patrol group.

And it is being looked into already.

http://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/...topic_id=502406

Old 06-28-2011, 06:38 AM   #97
Peogia

Loremaster

Amnerys wrote:

Later this month, we’ll be debuting two new types of mounts in EverQuest II.

Leaper mounts can jump up and forward in tremendous bounds before falling, moving at speeds similar to flying mounts. You can control how high you jump, and you can steer while jumping using the movement keys. Obviously, you don’t take falling damage when landing.

Gliders are similar to Leapers, but at any point in your jump, you can snap out your mount’s wings and begin gliding, using the movement keys to control direction, even being able to tip up and climb for a while before descending again. You can also fold your wings in to start plummeting downward, and snap them out again at a different altitude. Leapers require Level 30 to ride. Gliders require level 60. (And of course, Fliers still require Level 85.)

Mountain Saliraptor (Leaping)

Wind Komodo (Leaping)  

Wind Komodo (Gliding)

The Leaper is nice in every way

The Glider nice looking but turns wayyyyyyyyyyyy to sharply for a keyboard and mouse at that sensitivity you have the Gliders turning at you would need an analog game controller like the ps3/xbox 360 have are you guys planing to add controller support for Everquest II

Also the Glider breaks game balance as it gives level 60 newbys better air speed then level 85 mounts by more then 50%

I also don't appreciate being lied to by the producer SmokeJumper he says In a straight race across the Commonlands, the Leapers and Gliders often win. However, those movement methods are very active. (You can't point in a direction and hit autorun.) So allowing them to be faster is good balance.

http://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/...topic_id=502190

Now while the Leaper may require you to keep hitting the space bar the Glider doesn't

Now alls you have to do is run up a mountain or hill point in a direction jump up in the air while on your Glider and hit autorun and you can AFK while the Glider takes you across the zone at 200% nice balance

The FBI is encouraging users to visit a website run by its security partner, http://www.dcwg.org , that will inform them whether they're infected and explain how to fix the problem. After July 9, infected users won't be able to connect to the Internet.
Peogia is offline   Reply With Quote