EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > The Norrathian Herald > Community News
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 06-08-2011, 04:33 PM   #31
Tatiana1

Loremaster

If Sony wants to make major in-game money, make a Dragon flying mount that fights and breathes fire. That would be the biggest seller for a mount they have ever seen. Dont believe me, ask the players, take a poll, I have been suggesting this for 6 years. Bet I will be right.

Tatiana1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 04:34 PM   #32
Rathilluser
Server: Befallen
Guild: Evil Empire

Loremaster

Love the idea; hate the appearance.  Any way there will be appearance options for these mounts?  The reptile thing doesn't do it for me for my characters.

Or, barring that, can we make it so these mounts don't appear, like we can do with our ground mounts?  I usually prefer having my characters appear mount-less, for RP reasons.  (And because I find the growling, drooling, howling, etc. a bit disturbing at times.)  I know you will probably force us to not disappear them (like you do with the flying mounts), but in that case, can we please have appearance options that are quieter/gentler/smaller/etc.?

Old 06-08-2011, 04:55 PM   #33
Rathilluser
Server: Befallen
Guild: Evil Empire

Loremaster

Morghus wrote:

Eileah wrote:

feldon30 wrote:

No, my level 90 got a pegasus, my lower levels will get these things which are nowhere near the look of the pegasus.

See Feldon, here is the thing, my level 90 toons can use these if they wanted to have this look, my lowbies will not be able to use the pegasus as appearance.

So while I see your point, you don't take into consideration that the pegasus does nothing for a low level who doesn't want the monster type mounts but would prefer something pretty or at least less mean looking.

So bringing it up is irrelevant to my point of lowbie mount graphics that are not pleasing to us girly types.

I am pretty sure you are wrong. You just cant fly with the pegasus until 85.

I wasn't able to get to the flying mounts in the Marketplace when on any of my lower level characters.  Therefore, if you don't have an 85-90, you won't even be able to buy one.  That said, I don't think you can transfer the mount to a low level character for pretty much the same reason; lower level characters aren't allowed to fly, therefore they won't be allowed to equip them.  (Assuming the mounts are heirloom, not no-trade, in the first place.  I'm unsure about that.)

I'm with Feldon; I have girly characters, arasai, and fae, and I just can't imagine them on anything as... tough-looking and mean as these things.  The only one I could see on them is my main, and as he's 90, I'm only going to get them to increase his stable for the title.

Next question: Is the tradeskill quest to get them going to be a NEW quest, or is it one of the old ones?  I certainly hope it isn't one of the old ones; most of my characters have done the tradeskill questlines, and unless you end up making them repeatable, they won't be able to get those mounts if you just add them to the old quests.

Old 06-08-2011, 05:13 PM   #34
PsiaMeese

Loremaster

Nice. The concept of Leapers and Gliders is a welcome addition to the game for me. The level increments, IMO, are practical. Players do reach level 30 more briskly than the old days. Now I think the pictured mounts are innovative and outside of the box. I had previously suggested a Hulking Fire Beetle (or even those green ones) from the Commonlands.

Someone mentioned the Sokakor flying mount from Kunark. Many players had completed that quest for flying point-to-point. Ala the earlier Griffon.  It also occurred to me that the Prowler might now qualify to be a Leaper. As a point of general interest would both or either mount be revisited to fit this new scheme of mounts?

Also, didn't I read somewhere that a player can use the Marketplace Pegasus mount as appearance at lower levels? (EDIT to add: Yes, just read the Marketplace Pegasus is level locked to 85 characters for purchase). If so, it wouldn't be as graceful but it could work in concert with these other mount types, wouldn't it?

PsiaMeese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 05:16 PM   #35
Krakus
Server: Butcherblock
Guild: The Black Knights

Loremaster

I remember this idea from a certain game video for the future content... Aion perhaps?

GG. An exact replica of their idea.

Old 06-08-2011, 05:23 PM   #36
Golbezz

Loremaster

Amnerys wrote:

Later this month, we’ll be debuting two new types of mounts in EverQuest II.

Leaper mounts can jump up and forward in tremendous bounds before falling, moving at speeds similar to flying mounts. You can control how high you jump, and you can steer while jumping using the movement keys. Obviously, you don’t take falling damage when landing.

Gliders are similar to Leapers, but at any point in your jump, you can snap out your mount’s wings and begin gliding, using the movement keys to control direction, even being able to tip up and climb for a while before descending again. You can also fold your wings in to start plummeting downward, and snap them out again at a different altitude.Leapers require Level 30 to ride. Gliders require level 60. (And of course, Fliers still require Level 85.) 

I certainly hope the best versions of these mounts actually require players to work for them rather than getting a basic version from the quest and a mount with better stats or speed on the marketplace.

Golbezz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 05:25 PM   #37
789mkii

Loremaster

so intereting!

789mkii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 05:28 PM   #38
PsiaMeese

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

I remember this idea from a certain game video for the future content... Aion perhaps?

GG. An exact replica of their idea.

Even if that's so, I don't see an issue with similar ideas between companies. Be they original to the team implementing them or inspired by positive player response from a competitors game. It's not new to the gaming industry. I don't play Aion and am pleased to see these additional mounts as part of Norrath.

PsiaMeese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 05:57 PM   #39
Lera

Loremaster

Mystfit wrote:

Cyliena wrote:

[email protected] Bayle wrote:

I do like these new mounts, but I would love to see existing creatures be mounts vs. just creating new species. How about a drakota mount, or one of the ostrich-looking things? Things like drachnid or spider mounts, elephants, lions, etc...or how about a ROK-inspired wyvern for a glider?

That said, can't wait!

Meatbeast. 'Nuff said.

MEATBEAST!!!!!!!!! I would die. Really, I would.

The Meatbeast would be a wonderful mount.

And so would gelatinous cubes. You can choose to ride on or in the cube as it wubbas around Norrath.

Old 06-08-2011, 06:14 PM   #40
Eileah

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

Morghus wrote:

Eileah wrote:

feldon30 wrote:

No, my level 90 got a pegasus, my lower levels will get these things which are nowhere near the look of the pegasus.

See Feldon, here is the thing, my level 90 toons can use these if they wanted to have this look, my lowbies will not be able to use the pegasus as appearance.

So while I see your point, you don't take into consideration that the pegasus does nothing for a low level who doesn't want the monster type mounts but would prefer something pretty or at least less mean looking.

So bringing it up is irrelevant to my point of lowbie mount graphics that are not pleasing to us girly types.

I wasn't able to get to the flying mounts in the Marketplace when on any of my lower level characters.  Therefore, if you don't have an 85-90, you won't even be able to buy one.  That said, I don't think you can transfer the mount to a low level character for pretty much the same reason; lower level characters aren't allowed to fly, therefore they won't be allowed to equip them.  (Assuming the mounts are heirloom, not no-trade, in the first place.  I'm unsure about that.)

I'm with Feldon; I have girly characters, arasai, and fae, and I just can't imagine them on anything as... tough-looking and mean as these things.  The only one I could see on them is my main, and as he's 90, I'm only going to get them to increase his stable for the title.

Next question: Is the tradeskill quest to get them going to be a NEW quest, or is it one of the old ones?  I certainly hope it isn't one of the old ones; most of my characters have done the tradeskill questlines, and unless you end up making them repeatable, they won't be able to get those mounts if you just add them to the old quests.

I don't know how you quoted this but this isn't right, scroll up and look at the post you quoted, I beleive you actually agree with me, not Feldon.

Nothing here is a Feldon quote, you have me and Morghus quoted but with the names wrong.

Old 06-08-2011, 06:21 PM   #41
Eileah

Loremaster

Morghus wrote:

Eileah wrote:

feldon30 wrote:

Eileah wrote:

Oh and can we hide these mounts? No offence but they are pretty ugly, they are more for rough and tough guy types, not the prissy and sweet girl characters that I play.

You just got a PEGASUS and already bugging about these. *sigh*

And I am SURE you are wrong, you cannot use that pegasus until you are of level, just like appearance gear you must be able to use/equip it to have it as appearance.

And on another note there is no way I am paying that much cash for appearance mounts, not with the volume of toons I have, just to hide these ugly things.

Old 06-08-2011, 06:31 PM   #42
Morghus

Loremaster

Eileah wrote:

Morghus wrote:

Eileah wrote:

feldon30 wrote:

Eileah wrote:

Oh and can we hide these mounts? No offence but they are pretty ugly, they are more for rough and tough guy types, not the prissy and sweet girl characters that I play.

You just got a PEGASUS and already bugging about these. *sigh*

And I am SURE you are wrong, you cannot use that pegasus until you are of level, just like appearance gear you must be able to use/equip it to have it as appearance.

And on another note there is no way I am paying that much cash for appearance mounts, not with the volume of toons I have, just to hide these ugly things.

Seeing as I don't bother at all with stationcash anything, I can't confirm. I am simply going off of what was written in the other thread by a red name, which stated that it could be put in appearance, but you need to uncheck a certain option for it to appear buyable before 85. No need to get huffy just because two mounts being added are not fancied by your delicate sensibilities.

Morghus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 07:08 PM   #43
ffd700

Lord

These look great.  Will we be able to use them as appearance for ground/flying mounts?

ffd700 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 07:27 PM   #44
Katz

Loremaster

I like the looks of these, the way you added them to the lower levels, and the fact that they are questable by both adventurers and crafters. 

Katz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 08:37 PM   #45
Dawnya
Server: Antonia Bayle
Guild: Norrathian Defenders

Loremaster

The pegasus mount on marketplace can be used prior to level 85 but it will only work as a regular ground mount, like a regular horse, warg, prowler etc. Once you hit 85 thats when you can fly on it. In order for those under 85 to purchase it you have to make sure you have "hide unusable items" unchecked and then you will find it under the premium mounts section. This was noted by Amerys but guess not everyone reads posts like I do lol *shrug*

Dawnya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 09:17 PM   #46
Telden

Loremaster

Well, this makes the vast majority of the game's existing ground mounts obsolete. By the time anyone could grind the status to buy a mistrunner or nightmare, or grind the levels and faction to get a Rime icemare, they've already got a superior leaper or glider. The funny part is, this will severely cut into the sales of Station Cash ground mounts too.

Old 06-08-2011, 09:50 PM   #47
Vellisse
Server: Antonia Bayle

Loremaster

[email protected] Bayle wrote:

Well, this makes the vast majority of the game's existing ground mounts obsolete. By the time anyone could grind the status to buy a mistrunner or nightmare, or grind the levels and faction to get a Rime icemare, they've already got a superior leaper or glider. The funny part is, this will severely cut into the sales of Station Cash ground mounts too.

It'll make them obsolete in terms of function, but I seriously doubt that anyone even bought the icemare or any other mount when the claimable mounts are faster.

Icemare/Status mounts are for appearance now, nothing more.

Old 06-08-2011, 10:21 PM   #48
Senya

Loremaster

Eileah wrote:

You can equip the pegasus in appearance for a ground mount.   It won't fly, but you can indeed use it in the appearance mount slot. 

ttobey wrote:

If you are under level 85, it will still work as a horse if you put it in appearance slot. 

This is a level 3 illusionist, unskilled crafter toon in the screenshot.  

Click image for a list of my completed projects.

Senya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 10:35 PM   #49
Ilovecows
Server: Nagafen
Guild: The Catalyst

Loremaster

There needs to be a frog leaper mount.

Also, these are from a quest right? not something sold on SC?  And when are they hitting live?

I AM ILOVECOWS! REMEMBER THAT BECAUSE I LOVE COWS. YOU SHOULD LOVE THEM TOO. COWS ARE AMAZING AND I DON'T SEE HOW ANYONE COULD POSSIBLY SAY THAT THEY AREN'T AMAZING. JUST LOOK AT THEIR NATURAL BEAUTY AND GRACE. THE AMAZINGNESS OF THESE ANIMALS ASTOUNDS ME EVERY TIME THAT I SEE THEM. DON'T HATE ON ME FOR THIS, BUT IF YOU DO NOT LOVE COWS, YOU ARE NOT A REAL PERSON.
Ilovecows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 10:41 PM   #50
Brekkik

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

There needs to be a frog leaper mount.

Also, these are from a quest right? not something sold on SC?  And when are they hitting live?

It said in the article that the mounts will be quested with different colors for adventurers and crafters and that they're planned to be released later this month.

Brekkik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 01:20 AM   #51
chaosmatrix

Loremaster

♪ ♫ Mah mah mah mah... mah mah mah mah.. ♪ ♫♪ ♫ Mah mah mah mah... mah mah mah mah.. ♪ ♫

♪ ♫ I wanna ride them when they get on everquest!♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ Giant lizard, razor teeth, will eat up all the rest (I love it) ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫They just annouced them on the E3 gaming show ♪ ♫

♪ ♫Soe better not make them lame or I'll kick down all their buts♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ Woah wo wooah oh woh Woah oh woh ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ I'll get on, ride it like a mount ♪ ♫

♪ ♫ Woah wo wooah oh woh Woah oh woh ♪ ♫  ♪ ♫ I'll get on, ride it like a mount ♪ ♫

♪ ♫ Cant beat my.. cant beat my.. no you cant beat my raptor friend!  He's a dino mount, buddy!♪ ♫

♪ ♫ Cant beat my.. cant beat my.. no you cant beat my raptor friend!  He'll eat your friends, buddy!♪ ♫

chaosmatrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 05:00 AM   #52
Jacquotte
Server: Nagafen
Guild: Verdict

Loremaster

Amnerys wrote:

Later this month, we’ll be debuting two new types of mounts in EverQuest II.

Leaper mounts can jump up and forward in tremendous bounds before falling, moving at speeds similar to flying mounts. You can control how high you jump, and you can steer while jumping using the movement keys. Obviously, you don’t take falling damage when landing.

Gliders are similar to Leapers, but at any point in your jump, you can snap out your mount’s wings and begin gliding, using the movement keys to control direction, even being able to tip up and climb for a while before descending again. You can also fold your wings in to start plummeting downward, and snap them out again at a different altitude.Leapers require Level 30 to ride. Gliders require level 60. (And of course, Fliers still require Level 85.)

Mountain Saliraptor (Leaping)

Wind Komodo (Leaping)  

Wind Komodo (Gliding)

these, including flying mounts, will be DISABLED DURING THE DURATION OF WARFIELDS i hope

enough ways for cowards to run and hide already

Jacquotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 08:01 AM   #53
eqaddict101

Loremaster

AWESOME!! lol those look like so much fun! 

eqaddict101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 10:29 AM   #54
msgnomer

Loremaster

To me these mounts look cartoonish and out of place, but they clearly have support from plenty of players.  Dinosaurs in EQ2???  What about domesticating some current species if you really have to have new mounts. 

Hall of Fame: Help Feed the Dragons! (No, you won't be the food!)

Look for Poet's Dungeon: The Mad Poet's Release returning soon.

----------

Aluriel's chronicle of a scavanger hunt through 50 player decorated homes and guildhalls:.... http://photobucket.com/AlurielsAdventure

msgnomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 12:20 PM   #55
Katz

Loremaster

There are raptor like animals in Timorous Deep and sinking sands.  The leaper at least is similar to mobs I have seen in eq2. 

Katz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 03:56 PM   #56
msgnomer

Loremaster

Katz wrote:

There are raptor like animals in Timorous Deep and sinking sands.  The leaper at least is similar to mobs I have seen in eq2. 

Yeah, it's the Komodo that primarily looks out of place to me, as much for the cartoonish style as the species.  But it's not like my opinion is going to change anything, so no worries if these mounts are someone's favorites. SMILEY

Hall of Fame: Help Feed the Dragons! (No, you won't be the food!)

Look for Poet's Dungeon: The Mad Poet's Release returning soon.

----------

Aluriel's chronicle of a scavanger hunt through 50 player decorated homes and guildhalls:.... http://photobucket.com/AlurielsAdventure

msgnomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 04:50 PM   #57
Gungo

Loremaster

People complain about the rhino bouncing when riding.

You know there will be tons of people complaining that the leapers and gliders bounce to much when in motion.

Gungo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 06:03 PM   #58
Zabjade

Loremaster

You know, a Quest in Teren's Grasp for the  Sokkars[sp] might be a good idea (level 85) where you finnally train the young one to fly.

And now that you have Lizards mounts, perhaps it is time to see if those EQ1 Yekesha Mounts (Who's names escapes me) survived.

Old 06-09-2011, 06:33 PM   #59
Chaosonia

Loremaster

I don't know about anyone else... but my Ratonga Dirge NEEDS a Cow-A-Saurus leaping mount so she can properly pay tribute to her God, the Grand Jester.

Moo moo... moo moo!

Old 06-09-2011, 07:07 PM   #60
ttobey

Developer

Zabjade wrote:

You know, a Quest in Teren's Grasp for the  Sokkars[sp] might be a good idea (level 85) where you finnally train the young one to fly.

And now that you have Lizards mounts, perhaps it is time to see if those EQ1 Yekesha Mounts (Who's names escapes me) survived.

Drogmors, I animated them SMILEY

Sr. Animator

EverQuest 2

ttobey is offline   Reply With Quote