EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > PVP Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 04-11-2008, 02:59 PM   #31
Odawnus Haste

Loremaster

Bozidar wrote:
This is likely part of the exploit on Focus Aim, and the fact that some rangers know how to get it to work during pvp.
There is no exploit. Guess buffing pact of the cheetah before someone engages you is exploiting too.
Odawnus Haste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 03:02 PM   #32
Dracot

General

hosuke wrote:

The two fights with scambag were one after the other, each fight lasted about 1 sec. i was dead before i could even cast.

1st fight he did 8842 in little over 1 sec, i didnt get a chance to cast. (this is more then the avg fission, fission is point blank, rift is point blank, they both take 4 sec to cast, he is doing the damage at ranger and in 1 sec, who knows what damage he would do in 4 sec)

2nd fight he did 6957 + my ward of 2000 total damage of 8957

SOE WHY DID YOU FREAKING GIVE SCOUTS STIFLE ITEMS THAT PROC OFF RANGED!

free image hosting

wow and i thought my log was bad....

(1205621592)[Sat Mar 15 18:53:12 2008] YOU are critically hit by Sniper Arrow for 4838 crushing damage.(1205621592)[Sat Mar 15 18:53:12 2008] Your stoneskin absorbed 412 points of damage!(1205621592)[Sat Mar 15 18:53:12 2008] You convert the force of the blow into pure mana, dispersing it among the group!(1205621592)[Sat Mar 15 18:53:12 2008] YOU are hit for 0 poison damage.(1205621592)[Sat Mar 15 18:53:12 2008] YOU are critically hit by Quick Shot for 479 crushing damage.(1205621592)[Sat Mar 15 18:53:12 2008] You were interrupted!(1205621592)[Sat Mar 15 18:53:12 2008] You are stunned!(1205621592)[Sat Mar 15 18:53:12 2008] Your spell has been interrupted!(1205621592)[Sat Mar 15 18:53:12 2008] You send your pet in for the attack!(1205621592)[Sat Mar 15 18:53:12 2008] Cheesehunter hits YOU for 835 crushing damage.(1205621592)[Sat Mar 15 18:53:12 2008] Your magical shield begins to fade.(1205621592)[Sat Mar 15 18:53:12 2008] Your favor begins to fade.(1205621592)[Sat Mar 15 18:53:12 2008] The Mark of the Miasmic disappears.(1205621592)[Sat Mar 15 18:53:12 2008] The power of the Lich begins to wane.(1205621592)[Sat Mar 15 18:53:12 2008] You can no longer see invisible.(1205621592)[Sat Mar 15 18:53:12 2008] Alas, Dracot has died from pain and suffering.(1205621592)[Sat Mar 15 18:53:12 2008] The Undead Knight decays.(1205621592)[Sat Mar 15 18:53:12 2008] Your good-natured Rhino departs.(1205621592)[Sat Mar 15 18:53:12 2008] Alas, Dracot's imp pack has died from pain and suffering.(1205621592)[Sat Mar 15 18:53:12 2008] Alas, Dracot's imp pack has died from pain and suffering.(1205621592)[Sat Mar 15 18:53:12 2008] Alas, Dracot's imp pack has died from pain and suffering.(1205621592)[Sat Mar 15 18:53:12 2008] Your Pack of Imps return to their graves.(1205621592)[Sat Mar 15 18:53:12 2008] An arbor giant's Pack of Imps return to their graves.(1205621592)[Sat Mar 15 18:53:12 2008] An arbor giant no longer looks helpless.(1205621592)[Sat Mar 15 18:53:12 2008] You are no longer stunned.(1205621592)[Sat Mar 15 18:53:12 2008] Cheesehunter has killed you. 

Old 04-11-2008, 03:03 PM   #33
Dracot

General

[email protected] wrote:
Looks to me like he auto attacked you twice in each fight.  Doesn't sound like one second to me, since if i recall correctly rangers use weapons that have long delays.  IMO leave rangers alone.  -V
Look at my log, all attacks in 1 second, care to explain now?
Old 04-11-2008, 03:03 PM   #34
Raidyen

Loremaster

hosuke wrote:

Stop this viper, no offence, ranger have longer range, and can stay at that range to stop me even getting a cast off.

2: scouts can lock down casters for the hole fight

Not true.

3: thier DPS can kill a caster within 1/2 sec

If you are wearing crap gear and are spec for DPS,  True.

4:most of us have alt, mine are all level 80.

Good. 

5: scouts havev hardly and disadvantages. so stop that crap now.

We do, but i dont feel like giving away my classes weakness.  Most good players already know them anyway, but still.

Old 04-11-2008, 03:04 PM   #35
Dracot

General

Sightless wrote:

You know, I've had Brigands and Assassins destroy my Warlock, even with dispersion gear in seconds. I've had two Brigands chew threw my entire power bar with Manashield up, AFTER getting me into the red before I used Manashield in less than 6 seconds. I've seen Beserkers drop three people in a full group in the matter of 8 seconds.

What I don't see is endless complaints on the boards about it by Qeynosians. We adapt, we learn, and many of us enjoy the challenge.

SOME class CAN Adapt as you say, others theres a .01% margin for error or resists.  Thats what the problem is.  Some defense and you wouldnt see my [I cannot control my vocabulary] on these forums ever.
Old 04-11-2008, 03:09 PM   #36
Dracot

General

hosuke wrote:
[email protected] wrote:

1. you were being attacked by 2 other players initially, but I don't see them damaging you.

2. you were being ranged.  You should have run up close to cast.

3. I can't see your target to see what buffs they have up that they could hit you with soo many attacks so quickly.

4. you have port. why didn't you run?

1. I was being attacked by one player, the fight with Doomi has nothing to do with this fight with scambag, please don't make me say this again.

2. at T8 procs hit every attack almost, and have you tried to run anywhere with fettering proced on you, in short you can't.

3. he is a ranger, they macro all their attacks and flurry them out so fast it seems like 1 attack.

Ah let's say they remove the feature to macro more than 1 atack in a hotkey at once.  Is this maybe whats happening and we are crying for no reason except a mechanic that the devs lack to see as unbalanced?  I don't see this workling like this as a necro.  Add my attacks into one key and its a clusterf*ck. Perhaps a dev look into this and fix it would change things.

4. i died to fast, and i was already in combat.

Old 04-11-2008, 03:17 PM   #37
Dracot

General

[email protected] wrote:
hosuke wrote:

Stop this viper, no offence, ranger have longer range, and can stay at that range to stop me even getting a cast off.

Not true. Wrong, completely true

If you are wearing crap gear and are spec for DPS,  True. 4 dispersion items, rest fabled / legndary and Sel'nok book to proc 25% more often, does nothing, so your wrong again.

Good. 

We do, but i dont feel like giving away my classes weakness.  Most good players already know them anyway, but still. A simple lie, coming from a class that gains every other class abilitiy in some form, plus every tool needed to negate every Control spell in the game. 

Old 04-11-2008, 03:19 PM   #38
CtrlF

General

I agree 100% with Milambers .. I post anonymously KNOWING that some people will ignore what I say because of it.

However, I'd rather not have my opinions reflect on my guild .. and I don't want to be ganked/griefed more online (as if that were even possible) for something I say here.

CtrlF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 03:23 PM   #39
Dracot

General

Shadow_Viper wrote:
Dracot72 wrote:
Sightless wrote:

Fact is, my Templar, Guardian, and Warlock are much easier to play than my Ranger. And more powerful. I'm sure Rangers with the top four bows in the game are doing good, but not all of us have the time, or the ability to get these top four bows.

I see in your signature you play a Beserker, and a Brigand. Easily among top DPS classes right now in T8 PvP. Beserkers are putting out insane damage in tier 8.

Yet your sig is always private. Even looking up the demron char, we only see your scout visible. Hiding something?
I don't see how anything in his sig matters, his opinion is just as valid as anyone else's.
But as you say my opnion means jack [Removed for Content] in every thread you troll around stalking me in?  Ever try to stay out of a discussion you have no constructive points to add to? Didnt think so.
Old 04-11-2008, 03:24 PM   #40
simpwrx02

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:
Shadow_Viper wrote:
I don't see how anything in his sig matters, his opinion is just as valid as anyone else's.
An anonomous person's opinion is worth about 1/50th to that of a normal person's.
Fact 93.45% of all random stats are made up.
simpwrx02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 03:27 PM   #41
Bozidar

Loremaster

Odawnus Haste wrote:
Bozidar wrote:
This is likely part of the exploit on Focus Aim, and the fact that some rangers know how to get it to work during pvp.
There is no exploit. Guess buffing pact of the cheetah before someone engages you is exploiting too.
Yes.  Glad you've figured it out.
Bozidar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 03:29 PM   #42
Bozidar

Loremaster

Dracot72 wrote:
[email protected] wrote:
Looks to me like he auto attacked you twice in each fight.  Doesn't sound like one second to me, since if i recall correctly rangers use weapons that have long delays.  IMO leave rangers alone.  -V

I have already.  Ranger's ability Focus Aim is not supposed to work in combat any longer.  Many rangers have discovered that if they use it at the start of a pvp fight, before they are engaged themselves, that it does indeed work during pvp, and they are exploiting this loophole.

It makes everything they do crit for a short time.. that's what's happening to you.

Bozidar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 03:36 PM   #43
Raidyen

Loremaster

Dracot72 wrote:
[email protected] wrote:
hosuke wrote:

Not true. Wrong, completely true  There are ways around stun/stifle.  So no, not true.  Scouts do have some sick controls, but all are easily negated.

If you are wearing crap gear and are spec for DPS,  True. 4 dispersion items, rest fabled / legndary and Sel'nok book to proc 25% more often, does nothing, so your wrong again.  My warlock friend runs around in that same gear, (think he only has 3 dispersions)  He doesnt use manashield at all.  He has far greater staying power then my scout. In long term fights.

Good. 

We do, but i dont feel like giving away my classes weakness.  Most good players already know them anyway, but still. A simple lie, coming from a class that gains every other class abilitiy in some form, plus every tool needed to negate every Control spell in the game.  Mages have access to those same tools.

I said this to you before, Dont let the fact that your class is the worst pvp class in any pvp game bring you to believe that the way to fix it is to call for scout nerfs.  Your class is going to loose to any other class out there unless you have a favorable situation, far superior gear, or some crazy skill.  Im sorry your class sucks, but its not the scouts fault.  The only difference between us and any other class is that we have a bit easier time finding you with track.

Old 04-11-2008, 04:27 PM   #44
Menstor

Lorekeeper

Sightless wrote:

Fact is, my Templar, Guardian, and Warlock are much easier to play than my Ranger. And more powerful. I'm sure Rangers with the top four bows in the game are doing good, but not all of us have the time, or the ability to get these top four bows.

I see in your signature you play a Beserker, and a Brigand. Easily among top DPS classes right now in T8 PvP. Beserkers are putting out insane damage in tier 8.

You know how many solo PVP fights by Berzerker has won?  None.  I can put out insane damage IF I have friends around.  I'm sure I'll hear, "well then group with people," but truth is, I hate group PVP.  I think it ruins it.  Still, insane damage in T8 means JACK when everybody is putting out insane damage in T8.

I'm sure I'll also hear about how I suck at PVP, but I manage to wipe the floor with Rangers on my Brigand.  My point is this, why are Rangers the only ones getting lots of boosts [all the time] when there are so many other classes out there that could use it?  You're apparently on the presumption that I'm talking only about T8 pvp... I'm not.  I'm talking about Rangers getting un-needed boosts while other classes so obviously lack some form of an advantage.

Edit: And for the record, my beef with Zerkers lacking skills has to do with Shadowknights and Paladins... mainly Shadowknights.

Menstor Hissn'Vinagoar - Zerker - Venekor - PvE

Lilbunny Foo'Foo - Brigand - Venekor - Solo PvP
Menstor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 04:32 PM   #45
Odawnus Haste

Loremaster

Bozidar wrote:
Dracot72 wrote:
[email protected] wrote:

I have already.  Ranger's ability Focus Aim is not supposed to work in combat any longer.  Many rangers have discovered that if they use it at the start of a pvp fight, before they are engaged themselves, that it does indeed work during pvp, and they are exploiting this loophole.

It makes everything they do crit for a short time.. that's what's happening to you.

You do know there are alot more range crit items in the game now, it is quite easy to self buff over 60 range crit. Also we do have a buff called killer instinct which gives us about the same amount of dps mod that focus aim does and it lasts longer. You should really do more research into the class before just spitting non-sense about exploits. Focus aim only works for one shot, so please cry more.
Odawnus Haste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 04:41 PM   #46
Menstor

Lorekeeper

[email protected] wrote:
I do not support one second fights.Funny how we have two posts here... One is a ranger crying they got nerfed... The other, a mage crying that rangers are doing too much.Which is it guys?!?!?!
Somebody is actually crying that a Ranger got nerfed?  Did they even bother reading the patch notes?

Menstor Hissn'Vinagoar - Zerker - Venekor - PvE

Lilbunny Foo'Foo - Brigand - Venekor - Solo PvP
Menstor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 04:48 PM   #47
Roald

Loremaster

Odawnus Haste wrote:
Focus aim only works for one shot.
Like you yourself have said previously, the first shot is often all you need. And often, when you jump someone, the first auto attack is the only one that occurs.

Milambers

Qtoon

Roald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 04:50 PM   #48
Elephanton

General

Menstor wrote:
Somebody is actually crying that a Ranger got nerfed?  Did they even bother reading the patch notes?
Dude, patch notes do not say how those changes affect DPS.Ranger DPS went down significantly with this update, face it.
Elephanton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 05:24 PM   #49
Sightless

Loremaster

In the last patch all bow damage went down, except for TWO bows.

Can someone show me where it says a Ranger can't use Focus Aim before engaging in a fight? I remember the patch notes specifically saying we can, and that once engaged in PvP, that we wouldn't be able to recast it.

Old 04-11-2008, 05:27 PM   #50
Sightless

Loremaster

If the OP was using all the tools in the game, he wouldn't be here complaining about stifle, stuns, or other effects that he can easily cure with potions. There are goggles my Warlock wears permanently that give me See Steatlh / See Invisibility. There is no excuse for any caster not to be using them.
Old 04-11-2008, 05:33 PM   #51
Sightless

Loremaster

Menstor wrote:
Sightless wrote:

You know how many solo PVP fights by Berzerker has won?  None.  I can put out insane damage IF I have friends around.  I'm sure I'll hear, "well then group with people," but truth is, I hate group PVP.  I think it ruins it.  Still, insane damage in T8 means JACK when everybody is putting out insane damage in T8.

I'm sure I'll also hear about how I suck at PVP, but I manage to wipe the floor with Rangers on my Brigand.  My point is this, why are Rangers the only ones getting lots of boosts [all the time] when there are so many other classes out there that could use it?  You're apparently on the presumption that I'm talking only about T8 pvp... I'm not.  I'm talking about Rangers getting un-needed boosts while other classes so obviously lack some form of an advantage.

Edit: And for the record, my beef with Zerkers lacking skills has to do with Shadowknights and Paladins... mainly Shadowknights.

This last patch was a nerf to the Ranger class, but hey tell them to roll it back please, we didn't want our damage nerfed AGAIN!!

And no, a Beserker can put out 10k DPS in seconds if played right, and spec'd right with their new level 80 ability.

Old 04-11-2008, 05:36 PM   #52
Sightless

Loremaster

Dracot72 wrote:
Sightless wrote:

Yet your sig is always private. Even looking up the demron char, we only see your scout visible. Hiding something?
  • Demron - 80 Ranger
  • Cyst - 80 Warlock
  • Frigius - 44 Guardian
  • Before you say anything about Frigius's level, consider this. In the lower tiers hands down no other class in the game can hold a candle to the overpoweredness of Furies, Warlocks, Wizard, Brigands, et cetera... Yet I'm kicking peoples teeth in when I'm out solo. I have a very good kill vs. death ratio considering my Guardian is still in the tiers that classes are so far overpowered, it isn't funny. Yet by the time he hits TIER 8, most of those classes lose their power drastically, and my Guardians damage will go through the roof.
  • Yakiz - 22 Templar
  • I've lost my first fight to an Assassin with Yakiz last night, a level 25 who stifled me, but at 30, he won't be able to stifle me any longer. Once I get Freedom of Mind potions, I seriously doubt I'll die to even orange con scouts on my Templar who's went from 1-22 solo, and is tearing people up.

Both of my new classes will be hitting tier 8 in a short period of time, and both of them only get more powerful as they gain new tiers.

Old 04-11-2008, 05:39 PM   #53
Ahlana

Loremaster

I think his complaint lays more in the "Death by a Ranger in 1 second" area, than the stun/stifle area. I don't think potions were going to help him in that fight.

Old 04-11-2008, 05:42 PM   #54
Sightless

Loremaster

Ahlana wrote:

I think his complaint lays more in the "Death by a Ranger in 1 second" area, than the stun/stifle area. I don't think potions were going to help him in that fight.

It wasn't 1 second though.. The amount of time it takes to sneak up on someone, get off attacks that have CASTING TIMES, among other things, people don't consider the actual facts.
Old 04-11-2008, 05:52 PM   #55
hosuke

Loremaster

THE FIGHTS did indeed last 1 sec each, I infact SAw him coming, I DID use a potiton in the second fight, as you can see from the immune to stifel prompt, i DID infact try to cast a spell on him, he has massive range advantage and i was not able to cast a spell before he killed me.

i will say it again so your are not confussed.

:i saw him

:i used potion

:i casted when he was in range

:i died before my 1.5s spell could cast each time

:he had massive range advantage over me(i do have spell reach

Stop trying to sweep this under the carpet fact is some hting has to be done.

(My gear is good, i do have the disp gear, and the book and i used this in the 2nd fight and it didnt save me)

hosuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 05:55 PM   #56
Sightless

Loremaster

Can I see where you have this gear?Just because your spell is 1.5 seconds doesn't mean anything.. If he interrupted you, and it had to recast, it adds to that time. So that screenshot can be very misleading.
Old 04-11-2008, 06:05 PM   #57
Oo
Server: Venekor
Guild: Tunare Watch

General

IMO that's sweet...
Old 04-11-2008, 06:10 PM   #58
Oo
Server: Venekor
Guild: Tunare Watch

General

Menster, you have never won a solo pvp fight, but you hate to pvp in groups?  That doesn't sound fun at all...
Old 04-11-2008, 06:41 PM   #59
Roald

Loremaster

Sightless wrote:

Can someone show me where it says a Ranger can't use Focus Aim before engaging in a fight? I remember the patch notes specifically saying we can, and that once engaged in PvP, that we wouldn't be able to recast it.

Which two bows didn't go down?

Milambers

Qtoon

Roald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 06:54 PM   #60
Sightless

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:
Sightless wrote:

Which two bows didn't go down?
Mythical and Fabled Epic bows. The Rigid Scale bow and other T7 fabled bows went down quite a bit. The T8 Legendary bows went down as much as 200-300 DPS.