EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Kunark Ascending Beta > Zones and Quest Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 11-04-2016, 07:12 PM   #1
Shmogre

Hopefully I'm just missing something...neither Sarafain Eillynn ("Insecticidal Mission Impossible") nor Celsyn Beileth ("You Can Still Kill Count on Me") will give me their quests again after doing them twice.

(Related: What are the other ways to get faction with Nye'Caelona (other than tradeskill dailies and the timed quest)?)
Shmogre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2016, 07:28 PM   #2
Mermut

I had the same problem with You can Still Kill Count on Me.. and I was never offered Insecticidal Mission Impossible...
Mermut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2016, 07:34 PM   #3
Kaitheel

Developer

Because you reached the cap of faction in which they are no longer offered.

Tradeskill dailies and the timed quests. Those are the ways.

~ Kaitheel
Kaitheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2016, 07:40 PM   #4
Mermut

Ah, note to self, do the adventure repeatables until they're no longer offered before doing any tradeskill quests that give elf faction...
Mermut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2016, 07:46 PM   #5
Shmogre

Gotcha...thanks much, Kaitheel!
Old 11-05-2016, 01:53 AM   #6
Kaitheel

Developer

The issue with the 30 quest requirement on the achievement, is that we added a few quests since beta began. You would be able to get to 30 without having to do either of the Cae'Dal repeatable quests if those quests were in Beta from the start. Unfortunately, they were not.

I am talking about "Leader-Go-Seek" and "Changing of the Tides" both quests given out by Celsyn Beileth. There's also some hidden quests, like "Toes, Teeth, and Death".

!!!! - Oh, and "Leader-Go-Seek" and "Changing of the Tides" failed to update the 30 quests achievement, due to not be labeled correctly as quests for the zone Obulus Frontier. If you did complete them, then after the next Beta update, you may find that your achievement updates.

~ Kaitheel
Kaitheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2016, 03:19 AM   #7
Quillyne

Ah, ok...so I'll have to get another character running through the quests to get the 30 quests achievement then. I have Toes, but Celsyn has no interest in giving me Leader-Go-Seek or Changing of the Tides, so this toon is out of luck. I'll have to nose around forums to see the scout reward. Given how quickly one becomes ineligible for the repeatables, it's good to know they won't be needed for the acheesement. Thanks for clarifying this!!
Old 11-05-2016, 05:00 AM   #8
Shmogre

Makes sense...much appreciated, Kaitheel.

(The good news is that the 30-quest achievement is a "local" achievement; no nifty "claim on live" rewards are caught up in it. So while it would be cool to see the off-hand achievement reward, we aren't missing out on something that won't be achievable after beta ends.)
Old 11-05-2016, 08:05 AM   #9
Wurm

Not sure if that's such a good idea Kaith, there should always be a way for the pure adventurer to grind faction. Years later I can still grind faction down in moors for example, I don't think that KA should be any different.
Wurm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2016, 08:19 AM   #10
Shmogre

The timed quests are for adventurers...kill, run, kill some more, run a lot, go here, go there. :^D
Old 11-05-2016, 08:21 AM   #11
Wurm

Yes they are, but so should be the repeat till your eye's bleed faction quests. @playyourwayin2016

I'm also worried people will miss out of the triumph since the two repeatables count towards the 30 quests done.
Old 11-05-2016, 08:31 AM   #12
Shmogre

Just had this conversation with a couple folks on beta...since they can't even get the second quest at all ("Still Kill Count" and "Mission Impossible"), they lose out on a couple quests towards the achievement. Seems odd they can't at least get the second, differently-named quest once.
Old 11-05-2016, 08:33 AM   #13
Wurm

Think Kander said that's a bug though. I do however plan on warning people on our server when this goes live.
Old 11-05-2016, 08:35 AM   #14
Quillyne

I am unable to get the quest "Insecticidal Mission Impossible". It's my last of the 30 needed for the achievement. I never did this repeatable. Now my faction is at 20k and I am ineligible for the quest. I understand taking the repeatables out to slow faction grinding, but shouldn't they be allowed the one time to enable players to get the Frontier Tamer achievement?
Old 11-06-2016, 06:21 PM   #15
Wurm

Wrong. Without the triumph for having done the 30 quests you do not receive the upgradable to Ethereal offhand.
Old 11-06-2016, 09:10 PM   #16
Shmogre

Right. The off-hand is not something you claim on Live (like the beta mount rewards), so as long as it is all working for release, nothing is lost other than testing time with it on beta.
Old 11-06-2016, 09:33 PM   #17
Wurm

Huh? The offhand better be on live!
Old 11-06-2016, 09:52 PM   #18
Shmogre

No worries about that, Wurm, it will be there. What I am saying is that there are some achievements and rewards that can only be earned on beta and are immediately claimable on live (like the mounts for tradeskill, signature, raid); once beta is over, they are not available to be earned. The rest of the achievements are being tested on beta and will be in the expac when it goes live, so not gettting it in beta does *not* mean you can never get it (since it will be available and achievable on the live servers when launched).

The "Frontier Tamer" (30 quests) achievement is one that is going to pass on to Live, as is the achievement that includes it and rewards the off-hand. Even if bugs keep some people from getting the rewards here on beta, they will still be able to get them when the expac releases (and more reliably so, thanks to the testing). That's good news, as it means the folks who can't get it here are still going to be able to get it when it goes live.

(When I called it a "local" achievement, I meant that it did not have an influence or a claim on the current live servers (like the beta reward mounts). I apologize if that was where the confusion came in.)