EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

 

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > The Development Corner > In Testing Feedback
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-15-2012, 12:24 PM   #1
Cyliena
Server: Everfrost
Guild: Crusaders of Neriak
Rank: Colonel

Fansite Staff
Cyliena's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 3,798
Default

"The Skies are Not Safe!" - Wow, this is REALLY annoying. Basically it's more efficient to use a ground mount in this zone then our special mounts that we quested or purchased. Awesome.

Pathing Issues - My mercenary is randomly aggroing on things not even close to me (Guardian one). Sometimes it's things that another player has pulled, even if that player isn't nearby. The merc and mob pathing is pretty bad.

Zone walls - What's the point of letting me climb/leap/fly way up on the wall if you won't let me OVER it? The ceiling needs to be higher so we can pass over these instead of be forced down a winding path. (example spot: -2800, -511, -446)

Withering Shrubs (harvest node) - These seem a bit difficult to interact with.

Weather - It seems to rain very briefly quite often. Very sporadic. Intentional? (rain also carries over into some caves)

More Pathing Issues - My mercenary disappears (gets lost in geometry maybe?) for a short while entering and leaving caves. Happened to me at the corrupted protector of growth cave at -1944, -597, -909.

Sanctuary of Mourning - There are no NPCs here even though there's areas that appear set up for some.

Tears of Tunare - Toxic Roots (harvest node) that are under the "water" here do not have their name above them and are difficult to find due to that.

Achievements - There is no achievement for exploration nor for questing.

Village of Alivan - guards aren't aggro but everything else is?

Zone to Skyshrine - You run in midair to here.

Cyliena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 01:22 PM   #2
Gninja

The Dev Gnome
Gninja's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 1,664
Default

Cyliena wrote:

"The Skies are Not Safe!" - Wow, this is REALLY annoying. Basically it's more efficient to use a ground mount in this zone then our special mounts that we quested or purchased. Awesome.

- There might be a way to get rid of this through the questlines. There is a reason the skies aren't safe. Have you spotted it yet?

Pathing Issues - My mercenary is randomly aggroing on things not even close to me (Guardian one). Sometimes it's things that another player has pulled, even if that player isn't nearby. The merc and mob pathing is pretty bad.

More Pathing Issues - My mercenary disappears (gets lost in geometry maybe?) for a short while entering and leaving caves. Happened to me at the corrupted protector of growth cave at -1944, -597, -909.

- We will continue to loook at these. We agree its a bit off currently.

Weather - It seems to rain very briefly quite often. Very sporadic. Intentional? (rain also carries over into some caves)

- See comment about "Skies not being safe" these are linked and there is a way to get rid of it.

Sanctuary of Mourning - There are no NPCs here even though there's areas that appear set up for some.

- If you notice that area is dying... It is not as green as the other "safe" areas. There may be a way to help with this through quests. But I will look at adding some corpses or something to the area to make it less empty before having done the quests.

Achievements - There is no achievement for exploration nor for questing.

- Achievements have not be completed yet. I will be working on these over the coming weeks. Keep an eye on patch notes!

Few replies above.

Gninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 01:34 PM   #3
Cyliena
Server: Everfrost
Guild: Crusaders of Neriak
Rank: Colonel

Fansite Staff
Cyliena's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 3,798
Default

Gninja wrote:

Cyliena wrote:

"The Skies are Not Safe!" - Wow, this is REALLY annoying. Basically it's more efficient to use a ground mount in this zone then our special mounts that we quested or purchased. Awesome.

- There might be a way to get rid of this through the questlines. There is a reason the skies aren't safe. Have you spotted it yet?

Weather - It seems to rain very briefly quite often. Very sporadic. Intentional? (rain also carries over into some caves)

- See comment about "Skies not being safe" these are linked and there is a way to get rid of it.

Sanctuary of Mourning - There are no NPCs here even though there's areas that appear set up for some.

- If you notice that area is dying... It is not as green as the other "safe" areas. There may be a way to help with this through quests. But I will look at adding some corpses or something to the area to make it less empty before having done the quests.

Achievements - There is no achievement for exploration nor for questing.

- Achievements have not be completed yet. I will be working on these over the coming weeks. Keep an eye on patch notes!

Few replies above.

Ah okay, I haven't done the quests yet, exploring currently. Glad there may be a way to address the weather/sky not safe/sanctuary of mourning. And yes, at one point while hanging out on the zone wall trying to leap over I thought I saw a dragon flying around. I assume that's what makes it not safe.

Out of curiousity, is there a reason that we're helping droag after only ever slaughtering every single one that's stepped near us before? Dragons or not I can't recall us ever liking the Droag.

Cyliena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 01:39 PM   #4
Mynda

Loremaster
Mynda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 14
Default

"Preserving the Flank" This is the quest where you have to cure the 5 meats after Porto Bunglefoot gives you the items to craft with. I had one failure while doing this and came up short on high quality salt. Not quite sure why, I have 1 left in my bags and the recipe calls for 2 of these, I received 10 at the beginning of the quest, I should have none in my bags at this point. However, my problem is that I didn't get anything in return when I had my failure and am now unable to finish the quest.

I've spoken with the quest giver and she just tells me to return when I finish (or some such thing) and I've looked for fuels in the vicinity around her to see if there are ground spawns, but I can't find any and I can't seem to find a vendor to sell me the salt.

Am I missing a vendor to buy the salt from?

Mynda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 01:52 PM   #5
Cronyn

Dwarven Dev
Cronyn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 362
Default

What else is aggro in the Village?  The only things that should be are the elementals and the stormwings.  The villagers aren't trying to run you out of town, are they?

These droag have a different story... but don't worry, I'm sure you'll find plenty of droags to stab later on.  SMILEY

__________________
Cronyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 02:11 PM   #6
Cyliena
Server: Everfrost
Guild: Crusaders of Neriak
Rank: Colonel

Fansite Staff
Cyliena's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 3,798
Default

Cronyn wrote:

What else is aggro in the Village?  The only things that should be are the elementals and the stormwings.  The villagers aren't trying to run you out of town, are they?

These droag have a different story... but don't worry, I'm sure you'll find plenty of droags to stab later on. 

It's the elementals and stormwings, just seems odd to see orange mobs but friendly guards so close. So no, the villagers are fine!

Good, I haven't run a Droag through with a sword in about a week, getting a bit blood-thirsty!

Since you're looking here Cronyn... I know that the new sig quest on live servers ends up telling about the "New Combine Empire" or whatever, but those of us that can't access that quest walk into Withered Lands going "ehhh??". Any chance of sneaking in a book before GU63 goes live about what in the world is going on here, or maybe with GU63 explaining what happened to create the New Combine?


Merchants/Banker/Broker - Not seeing any of these in Withered Lands. (only found a mender)

Combine Guards - Can't ask guards in the New Combine Foothold for directions.

Cyliena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 02:14 PM   #7
Cronyn

Dwarven Dev
Cronyn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 362
Default

Cyliena wrote:

Since you're looking here Cronyn... I know that the new sig quest on live servers ends up telling about the "New Combine Empire" or whatever, but those of us that can't access that quest walk into Withered Lands going "ehhh??". Any chance of sneaking in a book before GU63 goes live about what in the world is going on here, or maybe with GU63 explaining what happened to create the New Combine?

Yes, actually - I'm going to put in a hand off quest that is given when you take the bird here (on the Thurgadin docks).  He/she will explain a little about what's going on up in the Withered Lands and bring players up to speed a little bit, then had off to the quest NPC that starts the storyline thread for the zone.

Expect it next week, I think.  SMILEY

__________________
Cronyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 02:15 PM   #8
Cyliena
Server: Everfrost
Guild: Crusaders of Neriak
Rank: Colonel

Fansite Staff
Cyliena's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 3,798
Default

Cronyn wrote:

Cyliena wrote:

Since you're looking here Cronyn... I know that the new sig quest on live servers ends up telling about the "New Combine Empire" or whatever, but those of us that can't access that quest walk into Withered Lands going "ehhh??". Any chance of sneaking in a book before GU63 goes live about what in the world is going on here, or maybe with GU63 explaining what happened to create the New Combine?

Yes, actually - I'm going to put in a hand off quest that is given when you take the bird here (on the Thurgadin docks).  He/she will explain a little about what's going on up in the Withered Lands and bring players up to speed a little bit, then had off to the quest NPC that starts the storyline thread for the zone.

Expect it next week, I think. 

Thank you, it's really appreciated!! SMILEY

Cyliena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 02:22 PM   #9
Cronyn

Dwarven Dev
Cronyn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 362
Default

Cyliena wrote:


Merchants/Banker/Broker - Not seeing any of these in Withered Lands. (only found a mender)

Combine Guards - Can't ask guards in the New Combine Foothold for directions.

We'll get some in promptly - there were some concerns with the population assets in the New Combine Camp especially, and we were waiting on a separate cave to be placed nearby for things like broker and banker (and the tradeskill guys, too).  It's there now, so we'll get those guys added in.

Alivan though, was an oversight.  That was my fault, sorry.  SMILEY

__________________
Cronyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 02:23 PM   #10
Cyliena
Server: Everfrost
Guild: Crusaders of Neriak
Rank: Colonel

Fansite Staff
Cyliena's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 3,798
Default

Cronyn wrote:

Cyliena wrote:


Merchants/Banker/Broker - Not seeing any of these in Withered Lands. (only found a mender)

Combine Guards - Can't ask guards in the New Combine Foothold for directions.

We'll get some in promptly - there were some concerns with the population assets in the New Combine Camp especially, and we were waiting on a separate cave to be placed nearby for things like broker and banker (and the tradeskill guys, too).  It's there now, so we'll get those guys added in.

Alivan though, was an oversight.  That was my fault, sorry. 

Ahh, I was wondering what the point of that cave was, it seemed very random. Thanks!

Cyliena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 05:31 PM   #11
Barx
Server: Antonia Bayle
Guild: Mayhem
Rank: Officers

Loremaster
Barx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Manors of Mithaniel, New Halas
Posts: 3,480
Default

Gninja wrote:

Cyliena wrote:

"The Skies are Not Safe!" - Wow, this is REALLY annoying. Basically it's more efficient to use a ground mount in this zone then our special mounts that we quested or purchased. Awesome.

- There might be a way to get rid of this through the questlines. There is a reason the skies aren't safe. Have you spotted it yet?

Few replies above.

Sure there's a reason... but it's still UNBELIVABLY annoying to zone in, fly allong happily only to hit the region where this applies and drop waaay down to your death.

IMO needs to be an invisible barrier (at least at high-altitutde) around the regions so that you don't simply stumble into it and die. Once the skies are safe, have the barrier go away with the dismount volume.

Barx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 05:33 PM   #12
Barx
Server: Antonia Bayle
Guild: Mayhem
Rank: Officers

Loremaster
Barx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Manors of Mithaniel, New Halas
Posts: 3,480
Default

Another issue: When I died to the skies being unsafe, I revived at one of the outposts (Mourning, I think it was? I filed a /bug report with the correct name, but have since logged out).

The problem was it revived me inside invisible wall around the stone thing, so there was no way of getting out. Need to move the spot it revives you outside of that nasty invisible wall (or even better, just get rid of those annoying invisible walls).

Barx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 05:42 PM   #13
Gninja

The Dev Gnome
Gninja's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 1,664
Default

[email protected] Bayle wrote:

Another issue: When I died to the skies being unsafe, I revived at one of the outposts (Mourning, I think it was? I filed a /bug report with the correct name, but have since logged out).

The problem was it revived me inside invisible wall around the stone thing, so there was no way of getting out. Need to move the spot it revives you outside of that nasty invisible wall (or even better, just get rid of those annoying invisible walls).

Fixing this. Thanks for the heads up!

Gninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 05:47 PM   #14
Soresha

Tester
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Nottingham, UK
Posts: 663
Default

Thorncreep is a 93^^ Heroic and I took him out easily with my level 90 fury in Ry'Gorr gear. Fun little fight with the adds spawning, but I'm not sure if it should be that easy, He doesn't hit that hard, and I could burn him down not much slower than the average trash mob in Mourning Lands. Had 2 adds up when he died.

EDIT:

Jenluk the Vigiliant was also a very easy kill for a 93^^ boss, went down even quicker. I remember having much more trouble with the equivalent overland named mobs when I started DoV. This character isn't in raid gear or anything too uber.

As for The Skies are not Safe! debuff - I'm going to risk getting flamed and say I LIKE the start of the zone not being so easy to fly around. Why should everything be easy? It shouldn't.

You can still fly, I stay fairly low. If I get knocked down I just glide along the ground for awhile until it's "safe" to fly again (debuf wears off). I like this idea, it's part of the story.

I have started the quests and seen mention of the dragon not letting anyone into the sky, and a hint that this needs resolving. Sounds like fun to me.

__________________
Soresha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 06:26 PM   #15
Jrel
Server: Butcherblock
Guild: Blackstar Rising
Rank: Senior Member

Loremaster
Jrel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 452
Default

Can't find a merchant at New Combine Camp.  Haven't tried finding a banker or broker yet.

Jrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 06:28 PM   #16
Cronyn

Dwarven Dev
Cronyn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 362
Default

[email protected] wrote:

Can't find a merchant at New Combine Camp.  Haven't tried finding a banker or broker yet.

That was actually answered above, but I'll touch on it here, too.

There were some concerns with NPC population in the New Combine Camp, so we haven't put them in just yet.  However, the cave we needed to help with some of the issues is in now, so we'll get those added in shortly.

Thanks for the heads up, though.

__________________
Cronyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 06:41 PM   #17
Geothe

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 2,098
Default

Withered lands doesnt appear to be forming new instances.Lag is insane on test copy at the moment.

__________________
Smed: We aren't going to be allowing RMT in any way, shape or form on the non-exchange enabled EQ II servers. Period. End of statement.

Smed: 5) This [LoN] is not some slippery slope towards selling items directly in EQ & EQ II.

Lie #3: Station Cash. Enough Said.

Geothe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 06:41 PM   #18
Cronyn

Dwarven Dev
Cronyn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 362
Default

... yipes.  I'll look into that.  Thank you!

__________________
Cronyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 06:55 PM   #19
Soresha

Tester
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Nottingham, UK
Posts: 663
Default

Minor zone art bug:

I can see a break in the terrain, a jagged line on the ground running roughly East-West at -3029, -759, -138 in Withered Lands.

__________________
Soresha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 07:44 PM   #20
Soresha

Tester
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Nottingham, UK
Posts: 663
Default

Named mob loot in Withered Lands:

Why are the drops from Jenluk and Thorncreep flagged Hierloom? The equivalent in Great Divide/Eastern Wastes was all tradable. If you get something you can't use, even on an alt (or like me you don't have a load of alts!), why not be able to sell it or give to a guild mate?

__________________
Soresha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 08:15 PM   #21
Enica
Server: Everfrost
Guild: Casual Alliance
Rank: Distinguished Member

Loremaster
Enica's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 513
Default

Soresha wrote:

As for The Skies are not Safe! debuff - I'm going to risk getting flamed and say I LIKE the start of the zone not being so easy to fly around. Why should everything be easy? It shouldn't.

You can still fly, I stay fairly low. If I get knocked down I just glide along the ground for awhile until it's "safe" to fly again (debuf wears off). I like this idea, it's part of the story.

I have started the quests and seen mention of the dragon not letting anyone into the sky, and a hint that this needs resolving. Sounds like fun to me.

I'm with you here. I kind of like it also. And I had a pretty good idea who was causing it the minute I zoned it. I'm still sore from that druid ring about 500 years ago, and I need some payback.

Enica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 09:31 PM   #22
Soresha

Tester
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Nottingham, UK
Posts: 663
Default

The rain, fog, lighting and sound effects at the start of Withered Lands are cutting in and out very abruptly. Compared to in Freeport where it's a much smoother transition. Now I know the dragon is causing it intermittantly, but I think it still needs to have a bit of a fade in/out time.

__________________
Soresha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 11:11 PM   #23
Ilyra
Server: Antonia Bayle
Guild: Collateral Damage
Rank: Officers

Loremaster
Ilyra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 63
Default

The horse travel system in the zone is horribly slow. It makes me miss the lengthy scenic tours of Odus because even with a less-than-direct path, it was still much quicker. Is there a way to speed it up a little? Or make some flying towers, at least?

Ilyra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 12:19 AM   #24
Cronyn

Dwarven Dev
Cronyn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 362
Default

Heads up - I put merchants in the zone.  There's a food and general merchant in the Combine Camp, a banker, broker, and wholesaler in the cave near the camp, and a collector that's part of the Deepwater Circle.  I put a Supplier in the Combine Carvan (to buy and such), and another general merchant in Alivan.

Let me know if you see anything glaring that's missing.  These will miss the patch tomorrow, but should be in the one following that.  SMILEY

__________________
Cronyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 03:34 AM   #25
Mermut

Loremaster
Mermut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 852
Default

Potential major issue with the 'can't fly here until you do a questline'... there are tradeskill quests at the back of the zone and you can't use the transport until you've been there.Has anybody test to make sure that a high level crafter/low level adventure can get and do the tradeskill quests without getting flattened? One of the great stengths of EQ2 is that tradeskilling and adventuring levels are not linked. All past tradeskill quests in high level zones have been doable by low level adventures. Please check to be sure this is still the case.

__________________
I'm willing to suspend my disbelief, But not hang it by the neck until dead.
Mermut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 03:58 AM   #26
Alenna
Server: Guk
Guild: Defenders of the Light
Rank: Count

Loremaster
Alenna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 1,938
Default

Mermut wrote:

Potential major issue with the 'can't fly here until you do a questline'... there are tradeskill quests at the back of the zone and you can't use the transport until you've been there.Has anybody test to make sure that a high level crafter/low level adventure can get and do the tradeskill quests without getting flattened? One of the great stengths of EQ2 is that tradeskilling and adventuring levels are not linked. All past tradeskill quests in high level zones have been doable by low level adventures. Please check to be sure this is still the case.

I was going to but my low level adventuer/sage did not get copied over will create a new toon and just buff her tradeskill I guess,

__________________
Alenna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 04:01 AM   #27
Landiin

Loremaster
Landiin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 1,749
Default

I flew all the way to the Alivan with out getting agro. You just have to keep your eyes open. An untimely "Skys are not save" would be bad but hey, that is part of the fun.
__________________
Landiin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 05:41 AM   #28
Terrogaunt

Developer
Terrogaunt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 142
Default

Soresha wrote:

The rain, fog, lighting and sound effects at the start of Withered Lands are cutting in and out very abruptly. Compared to in Freeport where it's a much smoother transition. Now I know the dragon is causing it intermittantly, but I think it still needs to have a bit of a fade in/out time.

Freeport handles its rain very differently, since that actually seems to be built into the zone. We're playing deity here for the first time and controlling the weather. (Kind of fitting since we can turn on the lightning to strike the evil pose there) We'll do our best to tweak it to be a smooth, fun effect but do keep in mind that it is more "by hand" in this situation as opposed to Freeport. Thanks for the input!

-Terrogaunt

Terrogaunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 12:54 PM   #29
Jrel
Server: Butcherblock
Guild: Blackstar Rising
Rank: Senior Member

Loremaster
Jrel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 452
Default

Cronyn wrote:

Heads up - I put merchants in the zone.  There's a food and general merchant in the Combine Camp, a banker, broker, and wholesaler in the cave near the camp, and a collector that's part of the Deepwater Circle.  I put a Supplier in the Combine Carvan (to buy and such), and another general merchant in Alivan.

Let me know if you see anything glaring that's missing.  These will miss the patch tomorrow, but should be in the one following that. 

Cronyn,

  I appreciate the very quick feedback on these posts.  Very awesome!

Jrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 12:58 PM   #30
Jrel
Server: Butcherblock
Guild: Blackstar Rising
Rank: Senior Member

Loremaster
Jrel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 452
Default

[email protected] Bayle wrote:

The horse travel system in the zone is horribly slow. It makes me miss the lengthy scenic tours of Odus because even with a less-than-direct path, it was still much quicker. Is there a way to speed it up a little? Or make some flying towers, at least?

I didn't think it was that bad.  I think Greater (or is it Lower) Faydark's mounted travel is really slow too, so the mounted travel in the new zone seems about the same to me.  I hurtled past a flying toon in a few seconds so it seemed pretty quick in that respect.

Jrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 01:23 PM.

vBulletin skin by: CompleteGFX.com
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
All threads and posts originally from the EQ2 and Station forums operated by Sony Online Entertainment. Their use is by express written permission.