EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > The Development Corner > In Testing Feedback
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 07-01-2012, 09:32 PM   #61
SiegaPlays

Loremaster

Tried to figure out what I find off with the new walls and it stuck me that the bottom part of the new city walls looks like industrialized bricks set in a pattern. Aren't we are couple of hundred years or more ahead of time using such here? 

What about something in the same style of pattern as the other bricks, just more rough and less mass production looking. Wouldn't mind seeing thorny roses overgrow some of those arcs either 

Rest of the wall looks terrific with a slight foreign inspiration to it 

-------------------------------------------------------------

MMO-Charmed web - there is a lot of games out there

SiegaPlays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 05:23 PM   #62
ttobey

Developer

Soresha wrote:

Can I has one? Pleeeeease?? He's so cute!

He's called Fruity and he's in the Lion's Mane Inn. Looks like a mini version of the jumper mount, but the animations might be different? He jumps and flaps his little wings, and wiggles his bum, and then sits down again:

And he TOTALLY distracted me from doing the Karra racial quest line.

Yeah he's brand new. SMILEY

Sr. Animator

EverQuest 2

ttobey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 06:25 PM   #63
Dreyco

Archive of Ik

ttobey wrote:

Soresha wrote:

Can I has one? Pleeeeease?? He's so cute!

He's called Fruity and he's in the Lion's Mane Inn. Looks like a mini version of the jumper mount, but the animations might be different? He jumps and flaps his little wings, and wiggles his bum, and then sits down again:

And he TOTALLY distracted me from doing the Karra racial quest line.

Yeah he's brand new.

Hey Tom!  Are we going to get a response to the rest of the feedback?  Is this just part one of the update?  Are we going to see more high quality textures?  Or is what we see going to be what goes live? SMILEY

Grand Historian of The Archive of Ik
Dreyco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 07:10 PM   #64
ttobey

Developer

Soresha wrote:

Mounts are tipping over in the gutter in the harbour area, walking on the slope of the indented part I guess.

I've had this happen a couple times now, e.g. talking to NPC outside entrance to Graystone Yard.

Face plant! Doesn't this happen on most stair/edges? I could fix this but it would break it in other ways. You would just never rotate with terrain.

Sr. Animator

EverQuest 2

Old 07-02-2012, 07:16 PM   #65
NrthnStar5

Loremaster

ttobey wrote:

Soresha wrote:

Mounts are tipping over in the gutter in the harbour area, walking on the slope of the indented part I guess.

I've had this happen a couple times now, e.g. talking to NPC outside entrance to Graystone Yard.

Face plant! Doesn't this happen on most stair/edges? I could fix this but it would break it in other ways. You would just never rotate with terrain.

No!Mounts are much better when they rotate with the terrain. The screenshot above can be fixed by simply taking a short step forward or back. I hated when the mounts stayed straight on sloped terrain. 

NrthnStar5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 07:19 PM   #66
ttobey

Developer

No!Mounts are much better when they rotate with the terrain. The screenshot above can be fixed by simply taking a short step forward or back. I hated when the mounts stayed straight on sloped terrain. 

Yeah I agree.

Sr. Animator

EverQuest 2

Old 07-02-2012, 08:40 PM   #67
Sidharrah

Lord

[email protected] wrote:

Sidharrah wrote:

Katz wrote:

Also, you are missing the "a shadebloom bouquet"  as one of the items available from the furniture person from some of the suburb quests.  It is a nice yellow flower.

Can I emphatically second that this flower be available from the furniture merchant? One of the best little flowers in the game.

It's back on merchant

This made me so happy to see! Thankyou!

Sidharrah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 04:20 PM   #68
Lizabethan

Philosopher

Thank you thank you for fixing Creepy Child! He's now red-haired, freckled and doesn't have the seam going down his face!

Old 07-03-2012, 06:05 PM   #69
Whilhelmina
Server: Storms
Guild: Les Furies d Innoruuk

Tester

I don't like the mount clipping. In the screenshot case, could it be possible to put an invisible tile above the gutter so we walk on a plane and not on little bumps?

I have a bug report for the Stone of Kaladim too at the request of Joramal:I just went in a house to check the item "The stone of Kaladim". aITEM -1228474500 893107823 0:[The Stone of Kaladim]/aThere is a texture missing somewhere but two possibilities exist.Currently, the bottom part is solid rock, the "walls" are solid rock with 2 slits with water running down. Behind the water there is nothing.So either1/ the water is supposed to run over rocks, and in this case the item is missing rock texture just behind the water2/ the water is supposed to come from an hollowed center (a big ball of water coming out). In that case, the stone "walls" are missing a backside texture (the texture is only on one side of the rocks, so just outside where it's solid and not inside where it's see-though/invisible)

Item is currrently published on Test server under Dwarven Bungalow in Small Homes if you want to see it.

Whilhelmina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 05:54 PM   #70
Whilhelmina

Tester

Why do all the corpses in the burbs have pools of GREEN blood underneath?

Old 07-04-2012, 06:47 PM   #71
Pixiewrath
Server: The Bazaar
Guild: Aristocrats

Loremaster

I just wanted to point out that if you run older zones (in this case, The Peat Bog), the old Qeynos Castle is visible, and not the updated version. Didn't test the other combat zones, but it worked from Peat Bog...

Pixiewrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 10:29 AM   #72
MalletMan

Elder

I got some errors seen here, the hole in the wall is by the entrance to north qeynos, and the "underwater" ones are by the teir 2 guildhall (im not using a breathing spell).

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-image.../543/1135q.png/

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/687/1137.png/

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/27/1138e.png/

MalletMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 05:08 PM   #73
Lizabethan

Philosopher

I know it's not a bug report, but I'd really like to thank the people responsible for the new paintings. Especially the Baubbleshire one, no bias.

Old 07-05-2012, 06:42 PM   #74
Pixiewrath

Loremaster

Wanted to point out that the old Qeynos Castle is also seen in Oakmyst Forest.

Old 07-06-2012, 01:55 PM   #75
Kaitheel

Dev

[email protected] wrote:

There are legal restrictions keeping the team from using red blood.

~Kaitheel

Old 07-06-2012, 02:39 PM   #76
Soresha

Tester

Kaitheel wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

~Kaitheel

Really???? Hmm it might be an age rating thing.

Personally I think no blood would be better than green blood. It looks like a graphics glitch or something.

Old 07-06-2012, 04:22 PM   #77
Soresha

Tester

Please pretty please can you move the statue of Antonuis Bayle and the benches in Capitol District a bit? Every time I go past I collide with the bench!

This is me on a straight line from zone-in gate to arch, and what's happening:

I think a little moving of the objects could solve this.

a) The statue and benches are really close to the arch, not in the centre of the triangular non-grassy area. There's plenty of room to move them back a bit, then if I have to swing round them before diving under the arch, there's more room to do so.

b) The benches are a fair distance from the statue, so the area taken up by all the objects is quite large. You could halve the distance from statue to each bench and it would still look fine, yet take up less area.

Combine these two, and that right-hand (as above) bench would be sticking into the optimal running path a lot less.

And then I wouldn't keep running into it!

Old 07-06-2012, 07:51 PM   #78
Pixiewrath

Loremaster

Kaitheel wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

~Kaitheel

That is strange, because in Estate of Unrest and the Laboratory instance in Vasty Deep there are several places with red blood pools.If this is to prevent germans from seing the true colour of blood, why not just add an option to let us change colour into green, blue or red like all other games with blood have?I really despise use of green blood. Then one can just skip the blood alltogether instead...

Old 07-06-2012, 08:06 PM   #79
Kaitheel

Dev

[email protected] Bazaar wrote:

Kaitheel wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

~Kaitheel

That is strange, because in Estate of Unrest and the Laboratory instance in Vasty Deep there are several places with red blood pools.If this is to prevent germans from seing the true colour of blood, why not just add an option to let us change colour into green, blue or red like all other games with blood have?I really despise use of green blood. Then one can just skip the blood alltogether instead...

They are not connected to bodies.  Believe me, it's what the art team has to work with.

~Kaitheel

Old 07-07-2012, 09:26 AM   #80
Whilhelmina

Tester

I think I would prefer no blood at all in that case.

On the dead things topic, the corpses in baubbleshire, in the back tunnel, are a bit too low in the ground. The arms, head and legs of the halfling/aliens with green blood are under the floor.

Locs are 932.60, -17.69, -439.54 and 921.47, -17.73, -436.71

Old 07-07-2012, 09:32 AM   #81
Katz

Loremaster

If they are allowed, they couild make the blood brown.   At least that looks like "old" blood.   If not, I would agree, no blood is better than green blood.   

Katz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 04:48 PM   #82
Kuulei

Tester

Actually I don't see it as "Green Blood" but more as some nasty byproduct of the infection, which grosses me out more than blood would

Old 07-07-2012, 06:55 PM   #83
Whilhelmina

Tester

Yeah, me too. The first time I saw it was near baubbleshire and I thought it was the gnolls bites and nightblood touch who sickened the corpses until they died.

Old 07-08-2012, 07:03 AM   #84
Pixiewrath

Loremaster

When I saw the green blood in Withered Lands, I thought it was because of the infection. But in the baubleshire it has no reason to be green so I'd rather see it removed than green. It feels so out of place.And I agree that no blood is better than green in this case too. It's more realistic with a dead body lifeless on the floor than one with green goo all around it.If the problem is that the bodies are connected to it, why not just move the blood away from the bodies and put it scattered about instead?

Old 07-08-2012, 10:43 AM   #85
Whilhelmina

Tester

[email protected] wrote:

Pennant of the Concordium is placed under the floor (attached to the floor instead of attached to the ceiling)

Same for Pennant of the Royal Guard

Same for Pennant of the Celestial Watch

They were moved from "floor" to "wall" but wall doesn't work very well. The pennants move and so they enter and come out of the walls. On top of that they're tricky to move with the house_edit option so I had a hard time moving them out of the wall.

Old 07-13-2012, 11:02 AM   #86
Zabjade

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

I don't like the mount clipping. In the screenshot case, could it be possible to put an invisible tile above the gutter so we walk on a plane and not on little bumps?

I have a bug report for the Stone of Kaladim too at the request of Joramal:I just went in a house to check the item "The stone of Kaladim". aITEM -1228474500 893107823 0:[The Stone of Kaladim]/aThere is a texture missing somewhere but two possibilities exist.Currently, the bottom part is solid rock, the "walls" are solid rock with 2 slits with water running down. Behind the water there is nothing.So either1/ the water is supposed to run over rocks, and in this case the item is missing rock texture just behind the water2/ the water is supposed to come from an hollowed center (a big ball of water coming out). In that case, the stone "walls" are missing a backside texture (the texture is only on one side of the rocks, so just outside where it's solid and not inside where it's see-though/invisible)

Item is currrently published on Test server under Dwarven Bungalow in Small Homes if you want to see it.

Here is a visual of the mentioned bug with the Stone of Kaladim.

I have noticed that you have but a lot of thought in all of the Qeynos Questline level 90 weapons apperarance, well except for the Monk/Brusier/Beastlord Five-prong claw weapons.

I guess I have never found that particular claws even worth putting in an appearance slot (Right up there with the spiked salad Bowls)

ALSO: The five prong claw look can be made by any T1 crafter.

If I may politely suggest; If you must use claws perhaps a Qeynosian reskin of JoJo's claws, glowing fist weapons  or reskinned Void Katana's. (See below image for a look at the last-With better stats of course!- althoug I loved the delay, I think I outparced a scout once in a raid.)

Old 07-13-2012, 01:11 PM   #87
Brigh

Loremaster

No red blood is just stupid. People that make these rules need to get in touch with the populace, reality, psychology, and common sense. Remove it if it is really illegal to use.

-Stephen Colbert

CoD3 double XP Rank Up promotion lesson for kids
Brigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 01:04 PM   #88
SiegaPlays

Loremaster

For PEGI (ESBR) in Europe, something about blood making the realisme of violence against human looking characters too high and moving it from PEGI 12+ to PEGI 16+ could be the issue.

Also on ESBR, minimal blood is allowed for Teen raiting, while blood and gore requires Mature.

Whatever the reason, personally I concur, none is better than badly done.

MMO-Charmed web - there is a lot of games out there

SiegaPlays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 11:13 AM   #89
quiarrah

Loremaster

I was expecting to see a totally new city kind of like Freeport. . but when I came in . . .I did not see anything different except for some of the brickwork and the bells.

I am glad I don;t have to RE-LEARN my way around Qeynos, I like the layout just the way it is. But I was expecting to have my breath taken away like when I entered Freeport.

It didn;t. . .. but it still looks like Qeynos. . and it is still home.

Old 07-17-2012, 05:42 PM   #90
Mynda

Loremaster

The housing items: The Penant of the Royal Guard, The Penant of the Celestial Watch, and The Pentant of the Concordium don't work with the up/down house editing tool. I can place them pretty much only on the ceiling and sometimes in a doorway at the top, but cannot move them down. I am able to put them on the bottom-side of a rug or tile, but once again, the up/down tool won't work.

These are really great items, can I manipulate them a bit more with the housing editor?

Thanks

Mynda is offline   Reply With Quote