EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > The Development Corner > In Testing Feedback
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 02-22-2012, 10:47 AM   #61
Zabjade

Loremaster

Lodrelhai wrote:

Kaitheel wrote:

Good question, Whilhelmina!

The story of Brell and Mithaniel versus the Titans was first hinted at when we opened New Halas as a starter area:

“Neither the Coldain nor their creator, Brell Serilis, held a conflict with Mithaniel Marr. In fact, if the ancient tales were to be believed, they had once even worked together to defeat some rather nasty creatures that had been released upon Norrath.”

But as always in Norrath, is this story the entire tale?  Is it one-sided?  How much "truth" is contained by this tale?

~Kaitheel

Are you suggesting that the Truthbringer might lie, or allow his followers and allies to lie about something he did?

Truth is, always represented for the point of view of the teller and listener.  Unless it comes directly from the Nameless. SMILEY

Old 02-25-2012, 03:57 AM   #62
Tyrus Dracofire

Loremaster

any homeshow item teasers? please?

Tyrus Dracofire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 12:35 PM   #63
Cyliena
Server: Everfrost
Guild: Crusaders of Neriak

Fansite Staff

The Brewday Beer Guardin' instructions have a typo in the first sentence--"Guiardin'". I'm not sure if we reported this before but I'm going through my Brewday screenshots at the moment and just saw it! Apologies if it's a duplicate and/or already fixed. SMILEY

Cyliena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 12:48 PM   #64
Cyliena

Fansite Staff

[email protected] wrote:

Anyone who doesn't want to be spoiled yet, don't click this link! http://eq2.zam.com/Im/Image/214925

It's most of the new items--the cabbage plushie was a stand-in to signify a new petamorph wand reward. It's a mixture of quest rewards and crafted items. Currently working on cropping and uploading individual screenshots of items. SMILEY

I really like the new stuff this year--if you ever wanted to or are planning on making a bar, this is definitely a good year for it!

Old 02-26-2012, 02:16 PM   #65
Katz

Loremaster

Wow!   I'm definitely going to revamp some of my bar areas.

Katz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 08:00 PM   #66
Lodrelhai

Loremaster

Cyliena wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

Anyone who doesn't want to be spoiled yet, don't click this link! http://eq2.zam.com/Im/Image/214925

It's most of the new items--the cabbage plushie was a stand-in to signify a new petamorph wand reward. It's a mixture of quest rewards and crafted items. Currently working on cropping and uploading individual screenshots of items.

I really like the new stuff this year--if you ever wanted to or are planning on making a bar, this is definitely a good year for it!

I wonder, with the petamorph wand, if your pet dies will it show the same "guts crawling out its mouth" animation the bitter blooms it's based on do?

Lodrelhai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 01:06 PM   #67
Whilhelmina
Server: Storms
Guild: Les Furies d Innoruuk

Tester

random question: why no door in Darklight wood? all other cities have one.

er, just found a probable typo: is it normal that Otengard Brauer says: "Wow! you gathered a hole pile of sugary goodness! Now to count it all up and reward you!" when turning in Brewday beer guardin'. Seems a bit frostfellish to me.

Whilhelmina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 06:47 PM   #68
Kaitheel

Dev

Cyliena wrote:

The Brewday Beer Guardin' instructions have a typo in the first sentence--"Guiardin'". I'm not sure if we reported this before but I'm going through my Brewday screenshots at the moment and just saw it! Apologies if it's a duplicate and/or already fixed.

Ah, ha!  Good catch.  I'll get that corrected.

~Kaitheel

Old 02-27-2012, 06:50 PM   #69
Kaitheel

Dev

[email protected] wrote:

random question: why no door in Darklight wood? all other cities have one.

er, just found a probable typo: is it normal that Otengard Brauer says: "Wow! you gathered a hole pile of sugary goodness! Now to count it all up and reward you!" when turning in Brewday beer guardin'. Seems a bit frostfellish to me.

The original thinking was that Commonlands was so close by, but it is on my lists of improvements that can be made in the future.  I think an entrance to Brell's Bar would fit in near Wanderlust Fair.

You're right about that dialogue not fitting the Beer Guardin' event.  I'll change it to something more appropriate.

Thank you all for your help!

~Kaitheel

Old 02-28-2012, 02:21 AM   #70
Lodrelhai

Loremaster

But what about the really, really important question: will we be able to convert the Hammerstein into a house item?

Old 02-28-2012, 04:03 AM   #71
Tyrus Dracofire

Loremaster

cool, thanks for the teaser in your link.

look awesome for new tiles and few brewery house items.

hm, i have other ideas, but too late to ask.

this one idea i am mentioning about specific bar counters, i would like to see "overhead" mug hanging counters, the problem is, there isnt "solid base", even tried other floor tiles 'raised up' but they seem out of proper size or texture missing when looking up, and cant place several mugs and stiens to hang.

Old 02-28-2012, 05:26 AM   #72
Lodrelhai

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

cool, thanks for the teaser in your link.

look awesome for new tiles and few brewery house items.

hm, i have other ideas, but too late to ask.

this one idea i am mentioning about specific bar counters, i would like to see "overhead" mug hanging counters, the problem is, there isnt "solid base", even tried other floor tiles 'raised up' but they seem out of proper size or texture missing when looking up, and cant place several mugs and stiens to hang.

try putting a counter in the roof upside down?  Homeshow forum has advice and links to a program that lets you edit house item placement from outside the game.

Old 02-28-2012, 03:25 PM   #73
Kaitheel

Dev

Lodrelhai wrote:

But what about the really, really important question: will we be able to convert the Hammerstein into a house item?

Not at this time, as it would require a new art asset.  The current piece would be either half way in the ground (if a floor item) or half way in the wall (if wall item).  The good news is that you can always put it on a mannequin.

~Kaitheel

Old 02-29-2012, 04:29 PM   #74
Tyrus Dracofire

Loremaster

oh ok, so i can turn it upside down the counters, but the "mug hooks"? any idea?

i might need someone to teach me layout editor, those vids didnt help, need "hand-ons" training. I am terrible with getting it comprehended, it take me few mistakes and several tries to get it right. vids were too fast and i am bit slow reader.

Old 03-01-2012, 06:11 PM   #75
NiamiDenMother

EQ2TC

Little nigglies:

"Tasty Tray of Muffins" recipe is on the stove and keg, but it uses basic coal instead of basic kindling.

"Strand of Brewday Lights" - preview image is oddly awry, making it hard to see the entire item in the preview window.

Old 03-07-2012, 10:38 PM   #76
Mynda

Loremaster

Sorry about this being on the eve of this going live - just had one more toon to finish up the brewday quests before they go live tomorrow. Anyway, while doing the Thurgadin Ice Brew quest I hit a bit of a snag. Not sure if you intended to send a level 27 to JW (at least it was at the sokakar post by the druid ring) or if it's a glitch, but in the step where Oldar Foambeard sends you to an "unknown locale", my little 27 coercer ended up in Jarseth Wastes.

I did the quest on my other toons and the highest zone I ended up in was Mystic Lake with a level 50. I thought I read that you were sent to different zones depending on your level - did I misread that?

Mynda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 01:24 AM   #77
Cyliena

Fansite Staff

Mynda wrote:

Sorry about this being on the eve of this going live - just had one more toon to finish up the brewday quests before they go live tomorrow. Anyway, while doing the Thurgadin Ice Brew quest I hit a bit of a snag. Not sure if you intended to send a level 27 to JW (at least it was at the sokakar post by the druid ring) or if it's a glitch, but in the step where Oldar Foambeard sends you to an "unknown locale", my little 27 coercer ended up in Jarseth Wastes.

I did the quest on my other toons and the highest zone I ended up in was Mystic Lake with a level 50. I thought I read that you were sent to different zones depending on your level - did I misread that?

Last year I had a couple of low level toons sent to Jarsath also. I'm fairly certain that level has nothing to do with where you're sent and that it's absolutely random.

Old 03-08-2012, 03:30 AM   #78
Lodrelhai

Loremaster

Cyliena wrote:

Mynda wrote:

Last year I had a couple of low level toons sent to Jarsath also. I'm fairly certain that level has nothing to do with where you're sent and that it's absolutely random.

I also suspect the wake-up point being right at the druid rings is on purpose.  Guaranteed portal out with minimal risk.

Old 03-08-2012, 03:29 PM   #79
Kaitheel

Dev

Lodrelhai wrote:

Cyliena wrote:

Mynda wrote:

I also suspect the wake-up point being right at the druid rings is on purpose.  Guaranteed portal out with minimal risk.

The location where you "wake up" is absolutely random, and chosen for its safety.

~Kaitheel

Old 03-08-2012, 07:17 PM   #80
Kuulei

Tester

Too late for this year, but could you revamp the items from the quest, "Thurgadin Ice Brew"?

The axe and shield are ok I guess for appearance items, really not worth using them for anything else.  So could you work on it for 2013 that the have better stats OR can be converted to a house item? Especially the house-item part and better yet, why not both, like the Halas quest items were?

Old 03-08-2012, 09:37 PM   #81
Kuulei

Tester

Another thing I noticed and only reason I noticed was because the Jester Gardens and bountiful Brewday Garden are both on test at same time for now, is that there is no bountiful harvest on the Brewday Garden, yet there is one on the Jesters. Any special reason why?

I REALLY want bountiful harvest to work when I am harvesting, regardless of the event.  It worked fine for erollisi roses, tinkerfest cogs, Jester's Gardens.. but having to do a questline to even see the gardens to gather.  It sure would be nice if the bountiful harvests worked.

Old 03-08-2012, 10:30 PM   #82
Debbani
Server: Unrest_old
Guild: Blood and Roses

Loremaster

Forgive me if I missed it, only read 3 pages, but I cannot hail Jimmy Runner.  He has a big ole red book over his head (shocking that it's there, I know) but I cannot hail him and if I click on him no other options.  Have logged in and out and really don't wanna try on multiple toons.  Halp?

Debbani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 03:49 AM   #83
Leawyn

Loremaster

Please let me put decorations on my Hammerstein!!! I really want to put an ice one on it!

Maelani | Maelya | Maerie | Maehymn | Maewyn | Maekita | Maelynne
Leawyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 07:32 PM   #84
Kaitheel

Dev

Kuulei wrote:

Another thing I noticed and only reason I noticed was because the Jester Gardens and bountiful Brewday Garden are both on test at same time for now, is that there is no bountiful harvest on the Brewday Garden, yet there is one on the Jesters. Any special reason why?

I REALLY want bountiful harvest to work when I am harvesting, regardless of the event.  It worked fine for erollisi roses, tinkerfest cogs, Jester's Gardens.. but having to do a questline to even see the gardens to gather.  It sure would be nice if the bountiful harvests worked.

There is no functional differance I can identify between any of the harvestables you listed above.  I just double checked them against the bountiful Brewday garden and could not find any differance to explain why you have not be getting bountiful harvests on one and not another.

~Kaitheel

Old 03-11-2012, 11:59 AM   #85
Cyliena

Fansite Staff

Kaitheel wrote:

Kuulei wrote:

There is no functional differance I can identify between any of the harvestables you listed above.  I just double checked them against the bountiful Brewday garden and could not find any differance to explain why you have not be getting bountiful harvests on one and not another.

~Kaitheel

I just noticed this myself as well. Not a single bountiful harvest from brewday gardens and I currently have a 69% chance of getting one. Haven't been able to check the jester's ones on Test yet but I'm pretty sure that the Frostfell harvests give bountiful ones. Very strange!