EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Terrors of Thalumbra Beta > Tradeskill Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 10-22-2015, 02:57 AM   #61
Xianthia

Researching a Solution - the third book wasn't spawning for me. The server crashed, I logged in and the book was up. I was able to grab it and complete the quest line. (this is approximately 3 hours ago, didn't have time until now to actually post.) Not sure if this narrows down what to look for or helpful at all.
Xianthia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2015, 08:05 AM   #62
Lamium

I can confirm that the Roekillik Den has been patched in and I can continue with the TS line now
Old 10-22-2015, 08:18 AM   #63
Domino

Developer

Please read the original post in this thread:

"Some notes on quests: at some point during beta I'm going to change Captain Ethan so that you will need to have completed his initial questline "The Captain's Lament" before you'll see him in the bar. This will prevent you from seeing him both in the tent and in the bar. Currently however beta buffed new characters will see him in both places."
Domino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2015, 08:19 AM   #64
Domino

Developer

This was specifically requested by players in this thread, so we're giving it a try.
Old 10-22-2015, 08:21 AM   #65
Sigrdrifa

Count me as another vote for LOVE IT!
Old 10-22-2015, 08:23 AM   #66
Sigrdrifa

I think Niami addressed some of this already, but here are my testing notes from yesterday:

(1) "Assay of Origin" uses four hard ore metals and one soft ore, which is just a little odd. Why iodocus and not cadmium?
  • T7 adamantine cluster (hard ore)
  • T8 ferrite cluster (hard ore)
  • T9 titanium ore (hard ore)
  • T10 rhenium ore (hard ore)
  • T11 iodocus cluster (soft ore)
(2) Also in "Assay of Origin", the elemental beside Trader Cylianna locks as a harvest node whenever someone is picking up their metal mechanisms. This will be a bottleneck on launch day. Maybe she could have samples of more elementals?

(3) "What Lies Beneath" updated to the "Consult an expert of the Kaladim dwarves" step before I completed "Assay of Origin". I think probably the assays should be complete before this updates, and returning to Ethan to turn in "Assay of Origin" should trigger that next step.

(4) My provisioner crafted all the 96-99 regular recipes,and they all had the expected ingredients and results. BigGrin
Old 10-22-2015, 08:25 AM   #67
Lamium

When I continued the TS line I managed to zone into the Roekillik Den and used my Roekillik Illusion Spell that I crafted yesterday. I picked up the quest Subtunarian Subterfuge and got the recipe to make the Juicy Fish Roll.

Thinking that we had the mats in the Guild Hall (I didn't realise components were in the zone) I called to GH and realised we didn't have the mats in box. I then realised that they might have been in the zone and went to go back but realised that I didn't have the illusion spell anymore and then realised that I couldn't see the Roekillik fur needed to make the spell anymore.

I've reported this to Domino who has said that she will be making the Roekillik Fur clickable for later steps in the questline.
Old 10-22-2015, 08:34 AM   #68
Xianthia

NVM on this post
Xianthia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2015, 08:35 AM   #69
Krastis

For the quest Researching a solution, I can only find 2 out of 3 books. I found 2 on the main level but nothing on the second level. I have been looking for over a half hour.
So far I like the quest line the only thing i might add is which crafting station to use. Its minor but something to think about.
Old 10-22-2015, 08:36 AM   #70
Elinea

Quest: Attuning the Portal. The steps in the quest journal read:

(checkbox here) [DEVL] INVALID - No progress texts specified.

Then after that is a checkbox that says to craft the resonance crystal.
Elinea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2015, 09:29 AM   #71
Darln

I went ahead and entered the zone and just killed the few mobs in there so that I could feed the elder rat and get the next quest again. I was able to complete it without having to wait on the tuft of fur. But, for crafters that are not level 100 adventurers, it might be a little hard to just go in and barrel your way thru the mobs in order to do the 2 quests in the den.
Old 10-22-2015, 03:25 PM   #72
Foretold

More Ore of Yore... I know the book respawn has already been mentioned, and they spawn in three places, on a one-second respawn timer... but there really needs to be more than three locations for these books. I've found two. I may not be the sharpest crayon in the box, but I can mouse over books, and I can't find a third, on either floor. After 20 minutes of searching :S

Perhaps a few more spawn locations for those of us with lower mental capacity BigGrin
Foretold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2015, 04:11 PM   #73
Krastis

If it helps its the primary component book thats not respawning for me for the quest researching a solution.
Old 10-22-2015, 06:51 PM   #74
Jazabelle

Check the second floor, first bookcase, bottom-most shelf, right next to the wall. That's the open book location.
Jazabelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2015, 06:59 PM   #75
Domino

Developer

Thanks folks! Think we have fixes for all the above checked in now, so coming to beta in future updates hopefully real soon.

The issue with the book appears to be that the big fishtank crystal thing got placed by the artists right on top of one of the locations the book can spawn, so it will sometimes spawn IN the tank. I'm not sure if there's any angle from which it's visible/clickable, but that location has been changed so as soon as that update goes in it'll stop appearing in there. Smile
Old 10-22-2015, 07:14 PM   #76
Alphonsus

I deleted that quest and started over, this time I couldn't see any of the books. So now I'm at 0/3. Hope it will work after next update.
Alphonsus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2015, 07:17 PM   #77
Kuulei

Monitor Malfunction:
When asked to check the fallen dhalgar near the door...
I was looking for an item!
the bodies near the door have no information when mousing over them and it isn't until you actually right-click a corpse that you get an indication this is the quest update.
Perhaps change the text in the journal to say check the fallen dhalgar CORPSE or add a description when mousing over them that informs you they are "a fallen dhalgar"
Kuulei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2015, 07:37 PM   #78
Elvoron

Same here: deleted that quest and started it over. Now I'm at 0/3 and can't see any books
Old 10-22-2015, 07:45 PM   #79
Maripop

"Researching a Solution" (Brytthel)
The quest no longer has a 3rd book available to me. I have looked all over every shelf and floor, even on opposite wall.
-Maralynn
Old 10-22-2015, 08:02 PM   #80
Darln

If you screw up the illusion quest for some silly reason like zoning out of the den before completing "Subtunarian Subterfuge" (Duality), is there a way to get the roekillik tuft again? I deleted the quest thinking I could get it again but it's not working that way. Am I going to have to start from scratch and reroll my tester?
Old 10-22-2015, 08:23 PM   #81
Elinea

It's late and I'm fuzzy on this, but I do believe Domino said there would be a fix for this in tomorrow's (?) update, allowing you to get the tuft of fur again if you leave the zone. Now, I'm not sure about if you delete the quest, so you may have to wait and check Thursday still.
Old 10-22-2015, 09:23 PM   #82
Domino

Developer

If you have the quest items in your inventory already, delete those. Just logged into beta and I can definitely see all three books right now.
Old 10-23-2015, 12:09 AM   #83
Elinea

I deleted the quest Researching a Solution, in the hopes of being able to see the 3rd book (still couldn't when I logged in). Now Brumley won't talk to me at all to give me the quest again, just thanks me for my previous help. Gwynwyn will not even respond to a hail or a hello or anything, and she has no feathers of any color over her head. It seems the quests are breaking more with each update lol.

On a happy note, the goblin works!
Old 10-23-2015, 12:35 AM   #84
Lucus

yesterday i deleted the quest, tried again, today i deleted the first two items. i was able to find book one and two within a minute, i have checked all 9 bookcases multiple times and the third book is still not present. since they all look the same i don't think this is a player error on our parts.
Lucus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2015, 02:32 AM   #85
Alphonsus

Deleted the 2 books and was able to pick them up again. 3rd one is still inside the case thing, you can see it in there.
Alphonsus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2015, 02:51 AM   #86
Domino

Developer

Brumley did not give you the "Researching a Solution" quest though... Smile
I understand there should be a beta update tomorrow morning (23rd), not certain how many of the tradeskill fixes mentioned above will make it into that update, but we're getting there Smile
Old 10-23-2015, 02:52 AM   #87
Darln

Same here. Can't get to the 3rd book.
Old 10-23-2015, 02:55 AM   #88
Pauly

no 3rd book after todays patch so I deleted quest and destroyed the two in my bags. Now no quest offered from either Brumley or Gwynwyn. char named Ouchi if anyone wants to take a look at journal.
Pauly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2015, 03:21 AM   #89
Irish

Brytthel gives the quest, you are talking to the wrong people to get Researching a Solution.
Irish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2015, 04:19 AM   #90
Moonpanther

I actually had no issues getting the third book. It took me a bit of looking around, but I found all three.
Moonpanther is offline   Reply With Quote