EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Chains of Eternity Beta > Classes (CoE Beta) > Fighter
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 10-28-2012, 03:12 PM   #1
Gaarysal
Server: Permafrost
Guild: Fist of the Empire

Loremaster

The Shadowknight final endbox called Unholy Mana seems to be way out of line of other fighters with the exception of Paladin. Bruiser and Guardian get a damage proc on every block once per 10s, Monks get a ward everytime they block once every 10s, and Berserkers get an automatic stun stiffle daze break every 60s. Meanwhile Paladins get 1.5% power per tick on Consecrate, they may favor this more because it can be cast every 2.5-5 min depending on reuse and will net at least 30% power each time.

Now onto the Shadowknight one: There are a very limited number of scenarios where this would be useful. I'd very much prefer an endline like one of the other fighter classes get, a passive proc that will trigger multiple times per fight and not just on the rare occasion of a 91% power drain. Or even just add this power into a spell that we would normally cast like Paladins get.

Raiders may disaggree on this, and I understand where they are coming from there have definately been situations where after a power drain I really wished I had power to cast in order to pickup adds or grab a memwiping mob, but these situations are so far and few between that the vast majority of the time that passive will sit there and never trigger.

Gaarysal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 08:52 PM   #2
capricorn23

Lord

I think this ability is pretty cool, but if you specced soulclaim in an insatnce group it would be useless more or less due to soulclaims 6% mana regen to the group per kill.

Not to have to worry about being out of power every 30 seconds when you Run OOP is pretty cool i suppose, a manatap would be alot cooler and work well with mana sieve line, i dunno, to me skadowknights are kind of life and mana tap artists, id think  ( shrug )

capricorn23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 05:05 PM   #3
Drumstix

Loremaster

SK's already have a small power / DoT. This proc is randomly useful at best, and would much rather see something completely different than this.

If it is now 2 points to purchase, it is even less desirable than before.

[DrumsUI] author @ EQ2Interface.com
Drumstix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 11:21 AM   #4
Gaarysal
Server: Permafrost
Guild: Fist of the Empire

Loremaster

Last ditch effort here, as it all goes live tues... Please change unholy mana... Literally anything other than what it is now would be fine, I just want something that will do more than trigger randomly once per zone.

Gaarysal is offline   Reply With Quote