EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Planes of Prophecy Beta > General Beta Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 11-11-2017, 07:49 PM   #1
Beee

Please daybreak think about the DMG of the upcoming ethernal familier Eligas, the Young

Disrupt of Magic lasts for 14 seconds, and can trigger only ONCE every 10 seconds
* inflicts 2958 - 4930 cold damage

Compared with the Proven Battlecat - Obsidian Rend - which can trigger once ever 2 seconds
* inflicts 1089-1814 cold damage

The new Ethernal familier will produce a noticeable DPS drop

In reality actual Obsidian Rend produces hits up to 400kk. Its one of the top 10 and about 3% of the whole output.
In a HON raid Obsidian Rend triggers almost 2000x in the Zone, and produces 42 mio dps

And I know Eligas is not in the game ATM, but please make it usefull Smile
Beee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2017, 09:35 PM   #2
semisus

Well i think the battlecat should still be better than a familar from premium , the premium one will still provide the overcap cb/potency like the battlecat has.
I personally would like a better familar from raids/heroics though , as long as its rare.

Best items shouldent be from ce/premium or marketplace they should be from the game.
Old 11-11-2017, 10:15 PM   #3
knine

This
knine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2017, 10:38 PM   #4
Mermut

Even as somebody without the.. stamina... to grind out the tokens for even one of the PG familiars, I still have to agree that best items should come from in game, not from the marketplace (be it premium expac editions or the dbc market).
Mermut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2017, 10:59 PM   #5
Wimble

Do not want to appear thick but where, or how, do you see/get the new beta familiar?

Edit: alternatively could you post a screenie of it BigGrin ty
Old 11-12-2017, 05:01 AM   #6
Lucus

gonna have to agree, battlecat should stay BiS, i also think there should be comparable familiars as rare raid/heroic drops (the familiars themselves, not just in familiar cages)

one thing that should be apparent for anyone playing the game atl east a few years is CE and premium CE has never, ever had anything BiS in it, battlecat is BiS, makes no sense for the CE familiar to be equal to the battlecat.
Lucus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 06:32 AM   #7
Shmogre

We don’t know yet what is BiS for PoP, so it’s possibel (and very much likely) that there’s will be heroic and raid level familiars. The Battlecat, as good as it is, is a “last expansion” thing - still good for many, but destined to be left behind with new expansions. Hopefully there will be ways to earn new PoP-statted familiars...
Shmogre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 06:58 AM   #8
Lucus

depends on how much better, given that people have likely already used their familiar tonics and we don't know for sure if tonics will become more common (i.e solo/heroic/raid drops or more on merchants)

if someone has to choose between a familiar that is level two vs a newer level one and the old one is better at level2 then i expect people to keep using the old one till they can acquire another tonic
Lucus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 10:17 AM   #9
Beee

C -> familiars look at the tooltip. Every existing familiar can be looked at

I agree with the opinion BIS familiar should be an ingame item, but NOT from grinding

The damage trigger once per XX sec is a illness which occures at a lot of effects. This does not work correct at some classes(as seen on the Rune of Celestical)
Beee is offline   Reply With Quote