EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > General Gameplay Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 11-01-2012, 05:49 AM   #1
Rendoir

Loremaster

Hi, great we've got x 2 exp again.

Great it's missed out a chunk of the population again. Many of us have families that require a ton of maintenance over the weekend, many of us work over weekend periods, basically many of us are unable to take part in x 2 exp 'weekends'

A simple fix for this, and I do not think I am asking much here, is to stop calling them 'Exp Weekends' and instead call them 'Exp Events'

Begin them at 12am on Wednesday end on Sunday or start them on Friday and run them to Tuesday.

But please, remember we're not ALL available to sit down on a friday night and play all weekend!

Thanks.

Rendoir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 06:14 AM   #2
LordPazuzu

Loremaster

That's an incredibly long time period for double xp.  The reality is that no matter when they schedule them, someone is going to miss out.  Fewer people miss out oe the weekends than on the weekdays.  I know this sounds harsh, but this is simply one of those cases where it sucks to be you.  We all have them.

LordPazuzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 06:29 AM   #3
Rendoir

Loremaster

[email protected] DLere wrote:

That's an incredibly long time period for double xp.  The reality is that no matter when they schedule them, someone is going to miss out.  Fewer people miss out oe the weekends than on the weekdays.  I know this sounds harsh, but this is simply one of those cases where it sucks to be you.  We all have them.

Sorry, but this isn't really constructive. 5 minutes could be considered too long a period to have double exp. The fact is that time and time again a lot of people miss out on the 'fun' of these events, and extending them 2 days one or the other side of a weekend would make not a blind bit of difference to the game, except to allow people who currently are unable to enjoy to actually enjoy them.

Rendoir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 08:15 AM   #4
Mohee

Lord

Why not do what many other games do?

Your account specifically has a certain amount of double xp time that you can turn on and off so you can use the time as you wish! So instead of double xp weekend, you'd be awarding players with 48 hours or w/e of double xp time! (or a lesser amount of hours if you do it with this system, like those other games do). 

I wonder how many people would prefer a 6-8 hours worth of time they can switch on or off at will, versus a double xp weekend?

Just an idea to throw around!

Maybe pick a day out of the week, and then every time that day occurs (or every other week maybe) give players a free refill of vitality! That would be cool 

Maybe throw in some rewards for participating in GM/Guide events that rewards you with xp time or vitality, and then actually start running more GM/Guide events. These seem to be extremely sparse as is, I think the community would love to see unique events ran by GM's and to see them interact more with the community in game!

Oh and by the way , for those games with that system, to prevent abuse, if you turn it on for a few seconds for a big batch of kills, then turn it off, that still counts as 1 minute!

EQ'ing since 1999
Mohee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 09:08 AM   #5
Wirewhisker
Server: Antonia Bayle
Guild: Collateral Damage

Loremaster

Well, if they can stagger the european downtimes for the comparative minority that are playing there compared to America, I don't see why they can't move the XP bonus times around here and there, for the comparative minority that aren't necessarily available to toil all weekend.

Wirewhisker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 01:22 PM   #6
Juggercap

Elder

And the reality is that they choose to consistently screw over people who have regular commitments on weekends. Why does the double xp 'always' have to be on a weekend? Surely 1 out of 10 could be during the week...

Run away! Run away!
Juggercap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 02:01 PM   #7
General_Info

Lord

Juggercap wrote:

And the reality is that they choose to consistently screw over people who have regular commitments on weekends. Why does the double xp 'always' have to be on a weekend? Surely 1 out of 10 could be during the week...

the logic is simple enough by doing it on weekends they hope to snag and apease the most players they can. if they did it during a work day they wouldn't get as many people.

I like the idea of being granted two 24h double exp 'tickets' and being able to redeem them when it was suitable for me to play the problem is do you let those two stack if unused and they give out another 2 days or not? also will these redeemed time be charater based or account based?

Old 11-01-2012, 06:27 PM   #8
Regolas

Loremaster

It's even easier than that, they just need to make a 100% xp potion that stacks with the other xp potions and lasts for 24/48hrs real time (ie still ticks away even if you log off). Stick it in the claim window and there you go!
Regolas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 08:07 PM   #9
Rutaq

Loremaster

Regolas wrote:

It's even easier than that, they just need to make a 100% xp potion that stacks with the other xp potions and lasts for 24/48hrs real time (ie still ticks away even if you log off). Stick it in the claim window and there you go!

Exactly,  they can give them away as Holiday gifts and then you can use them when ever you want.  

Rutaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 08:55 PM   #10
Ciara52

Loremaster

Juggercap wrote:

I think that is untrue  "screw over people"  it's not SOE's fault you or anyone else has weekend commitments.

I have weekend commitments I take care of them and then play.  Sometimes a lot sometimes not so much.

The "majority" works M-F. 

As for games giving double xp tickets I've never heard of that before. 

Ciara52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 10:25 PM   #11
zehly

Loremaster

I really like the idea of the /claim'd XP potion that stacks! I think this is very practical, but I think they should constrain when you may redeem the potion, and also when it may be used. For instance, given an event that is on July 4th, players must /claim for one week (July 4-11th) and then must consume the potion by July 18th. This format could be changed to suit the needs of any promotion, and give everyone an opportunity to use their potions. It could even be used in conjunction with traditional double XP events.

Savior Niekko, 92/320 Templar

Sir Trixle, ??/??? Brigand
zehly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 04:43 AM   #12
Zergosch

Loremaster

I like doubleXP, but i hate it  

Is it realy the way the game should be played anyways?

I do play on double xp not much more then on normal we´s, cause of my children. But even then, i can push 2 toons to 90 within 8-12 hours oO (Around, dont take it as fixed time) and raid on sunday ^^.

To get to the topic, if you have a group of peeps, you never get 100% agreement, in any ways....

I would go for the privat doubleXP, less trouble in some instances (well... i found a privat ini for my self ^^)

Zergosch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 12:57 PM   #13
Ja'chyra

Loremaster

How in the name of the wee man can you get two toons to 90 in 12 hours, do they have a decent number of AAs as well?

I just don't see how that is physically possible.