EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > General Gameplay Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 09-25-2012, 06:32 PM   #31
Dexella

Community Relations

Regolas wrote:

Can you receive the merc even if you don't go to the fan faire by registering and paying $40? How will it work in terms of claiming? 

(Edited down your post/quote because I only have answers to these two things right now!)

1) If you register for SOE Live (one day or all-access pass) and do not attend, you will still receive the in-game items. We are still working on the number per account issue -- it varies by game, and final details are being ironed out. We'll know by the event for sure, but we might not have an answer/final decision before online registration closes on Sunday, September 30. Also, it's worth noting that (though very unlikely) in game items are subject to change. When you buy a badge for the event, you're buying a badge for the event not for the item(s). 

2) The merc will be a claim reward, but it will still work the way other mercs do (meaning you have to have Age of Discovery and pay the hire and upkeep fees). 

Community Relations Manager
Dexella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 12:52 PM   #32
Occam

Loremaster

Dexella wrote:

2) The merc will be a claim reward, but it will still work the way other mercs do (meaning you have to have Age of Discovery and pay the hire and upkeep fees). 

Will the upkeep be the same as the regular mercs?

Old 09-27-2012, 08:13 PM   #33
Deago

Loremaster

As long as I can swap mercs (meaning vamp merc will be at the tavern) I will be okay lol.  Since he is not being declared an elite I am guessing he will have a seat at the bar.

Old 09-27-2012, 09:40 PM   #34
Gninja

The Dev Gnome

The vampire merc will be available at the Freeport and Qeynos Mercenary area for you to rehire as you see fit as long as you are flagged as having recieved the in game item. So, you can swap out for a different merc and easily swap back if you so choose.

Gninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 02:22 PM   #35
Deago

Loremaster

All this talk about the new merc coming and voodoo I run into this morning? Kenny....lol

Old 09-29-2012, 08:59 AM   #36
Spectre
Server: Unrest

Loremaster

Would be nice to get them early, but I doubt it =P

Old 11-06-2012, 01:33 PM   #37
Giallolas

Loremaster

I hope this doesn't count as a necro post, but I didn't want to start a whole new thread for this.

I logged in this morning and /claim to find a vampire fang graphic to choose.  Lo and behold, that new merc is here.  I hope this is helpful to others who had asked a few questions last month.

1.  Upon /claim, you are not done.  You then need to inspect the token that is in your bag and it will reward you with a couple appearance items (namely her cloak and daggers) and an announcement that Dashenti is now available for hire in the tavern.

2.  I found her in the "dark" side of the tavern in Qeynos.  This means downstairs with the other "evil" mercs.

3.  She has exactly the same stats (hit points at least) as the the other SK.  I didn't check every stat, but I did notice that most appeared the same.

4.  She costs exactly the same as a normal merc.

5.  She is considered a "signature merc" and I couldn't change her name.  I didn't try to dress her though for appearance.  Will try tonight.

6.  Her spells are all Master (same as Vittia Direshadow) but some of Dashenti's are entirely new ones with added effects such as lifetap or greater damage.

I think those are the only difference or bits of information that I saw people asking about in here.  It's kind of fun and my two healer toons are going to enjoy using her.  I now eagerly await the coming of CoE werewolves to see what they bring to the table.  I wonder if they will be normal, signature, or elite?

"It was more power efficient for me to rez you than to heal you"
Giallolas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 05:13 PM   #38
Clownballs

Loremaster

After testing this merc vs the basic neriak SK merc stats are similar but performance is lacking. Mainly the ability to aggro and dps. Seems as though this merc can't or will not hold aggro on a mob vs me on a defiler with medium SS gear in heal stance. Also beat it in dps by a huge amount. Is it just me or is it semi broken upon release?

Clownballs is offline   Reply With Quote