EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > General Gameplay Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 05-20-2012, 07:11 PM   #31
Dreamclouds

Loremaster

Do the guards reflect the entire zone? if so, that makes it tons easier. Thank you for that suggestion!

Dreamclouds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 08:07 PM   #32
Kuroitsuki

Loremaster

Dreamclouds wrote:

Do the guards reflect the entire zone? if so, that makes it tons easier. Thank you for that suggestion!

Guards, currently, are zonewide.

It is not a suggestion; I have got all 3 rares in less than 24 hours using this technique.

Kuroitsuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 09:53 AM   #33
faydh

Loremaster

hmm i don't know if this is true or a joke.

I have more than ones tryed this in desperation. But ofcause it is very posible the mercs just were not up at the time.

Also just tried it on all 3 now on Splitpaw. Nothing.

faydh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 10:53 AM   #34
Tigerlord001

Loremaster

I'd imagine that it works, and is certainly worth trying. I was doing it in Nek forest back when I was camping Kenny, since there are guards literally a stone's throw away from the place I camped at. Never found out if it worked, though, because when he finally spawned, he was right beside me.

I suspect that when Gninja sees this little trick, it might mysteriously vanish, hehe.

Tigerlord001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 10:59 AM   #35
faydh

Loremaster

Yes im afraid so too.

Would be nice though if he could at least let them Refuse to tell when they are up and just Shroug when they are not.

Would spare us for LOTS of searching after something not even there.

Old 05-21-2012, 11:24 AM   #36
Lempo

Loremaster

Tigerlord001 wrote:

I suspect that when Gninja sees this little trick, it might mysteriously vanish, hehe.

One can only hope.

Somewhere in Norrath a guild is about to dissolve.
Lempo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 01:27 PM   #37
Tigerlord001

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

Tigerlord001 wrote:

One can only hope.

Why does it matter so much to you how other people play a game they pay for? If you don't like mercs, don't use them, but here's a news flash: people using these wouldn't have grouped with you anyway, so you're not missing out.

Tigerlord001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 02:04 PM   #38
Dreamclouds

Loremaster

Well, that makes it much easier. But three days apart is so infrequent! That would mean only about 120 spawns a year for each one; many of us will never see them I am afraid. I would love to just be able to find ONE.

The guards seem to be shrugging off the questions, so I am not really convinced that they will tell us. 

Old 05-21-2012, 02:10 PM   #39
Lempo

Loremaster

Tigerlord001 wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

Tigerlord001 wrote:

One can only hope.

Why does it matter so much to you how other people play a game they pay for? If you don't like mercs, don't use them, but here's a news flash: people using these wouldn't have grouped with you anyway, so you're not missing out.

Ok, how would the guard know if the merc was up or not? Seriously be reasonable. It was not intended for this to work (if it even does). If it does then it needs to be changed to where it doesn't.

A long, long time ago when things were not like candy land in Norrath, when you had to put forth effort and work into accomplishing things there was a 'trick' that was once used to find out if a character was up. You take the bell, actually you PAID to take the bell, go to the commonlands and say type /hail Rama'nai, if the NPC which was needed for a quest was up you would get a response (he was in the middle of the zone, far to far away for you to hail him). They fixed this, it was deemed to be unfair or whatever. They actually messed up on the first attempt at fixing, if the NPC was up it would display a blank line (can not exactly recall).

So if something is clearly not working as intended, just because I want if fixed doesn't mean that I care how others play as long as they do not exploit (use of mechanics bugs to your advantage is exploiting/abusing them).

Old 05-21-2012, 02:28 PM   #40
Dreamclouds

Loremaster

the script probably requires that if you can track it, then the guards can as well. It may not be an option to exclude the guards.

If that is so, it makes them camp fodder... and as much as I would like to find one, I do not like that idea. 

Old 05-21-2012, 02:35 PM   #41
Raknid

Loremaster

Well the good news is that the unintended mechanic was brought to attention on the day before patch day. The bad news is that it is probaby too short a time to get the fix in by tomorrow. Here's hoping for by Thursday.

Raknid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 03:57 PM   #42
Dreamclouds

Loremaster

I agree. Hope Gninja sees this one today. Tracking by guards makes it way too easy.

Old 05-21-2012, 06:12 PM   #43
Kuroitsuki

Loremaster

Dreamclouds wrote:

I agree. Hope Gninja sees this one today. Tracking by guards makes it way too easy.

Gninja knows and that is all I have to say on the matter ^_^ 

Seriously though guys, you complain when it is "too hard" you complain when it is "too easy"; is there any circumstance when you won't complain?

I just gave you a free pass to get Rare Mercs and you whinge about it? 

And for the mechanically minded, Guard NPC's have zonewide track, used to be used all the time back in T5 for a raid to determine if a contested was up.

/wave used to work like that too; but I think they fixed that....

Old 05-21-2012, 07:01 PM   #44
Dreamclouds

Loremaster

Lexicon, your information is helpful and I appreciate it! I am not complaining ... this is a very fun search and I hope that even with all the hints and ideas that I truly stumble upon one by chance SMILEY

The only thing that may be a bit frustrating is that for all of us that are enjoying the hunt, there is always one or two that have to chime in : You all have been looking for months? I have three!

That kind of response just fosters the idea that there must be a trick/idea/hint that only some know about. Please dont think its a complaint, I am going to support the original poster and supply any and all info so that everyone can search for themselves!

Thanks for helping SMILEY

Old 05-21-2012, 07:03 PM   #45
Lempo

Loremaster

How does providing the exact waypoints promote people 'searching' for themselves?

Old 05-21-2012, 07:09 PM   #46
Dreamclouds

Loremaster

Over a three day time frame, that we will not know... 20 points in a zone... players will have to zone in and search, never knowing when they will be there. I see there are already POI for Perrin on the eqmaps site, so its being updated there as well.

Zoning into each zone, asking a guard, moving on.. thats really TOO easy. With this method you can park a toon in each zone and just cycle through, or for those that are really trying, three open accounts can monitor the guards continuously. You dont even need to budge from your spot to look. 

I am all for the hunt... and a good search!

Old 05-22-2012, 12:40 PM   #47
Kuroitsuki

Loremaster

Dreamclouds wrote:

The only thing that may be a bit frustrating is that for all of us that are enjoying the hunt, there is always one or two that have to chime in : You all have been looking for months? I have three!

That kind of response just fosters the idea that there must be a trick/idea/hint that only some know about.

I "found" the trick about a week ago, I confirmed it worked multiple times across all 3 mercs and on multiple servers, I posted the trick!

I merely added that I had found all 3 using this method was to offer some assurances that it works, rather than being a troll attempt.

Old 05-22-2012, 02:34 PM   #48
Johnnyteatime

Lord

Spawn times - I can now personally confirm that Elite Mercs spawn in roughly 3 - 4 day intervals. There does not seem to be a hard set 24 36 72  hours. They can re-spawn anywhere in roughly a 3 to 4 day window from when they were last claimed

Johnnyteatime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 04:00 AM   #49
faydh

Loremaster

Kenny found on Splitpaw 4 min ago or CET 08:54

Loc 339.50, 5.12, -831.44

on a stone in the tunnel

Confirmed since i fonud him myself LOL

YEAH finely got one of them

Old 05-23-2012, 10:44 AM   #50
Johnnyteatime

Lord

faydh wrote:

Confirmed since i fonud him myself LOL

YEAH finely got one of them

Grats Faydh I am so happy you found one, I know you have been trying to locate one, thanks for the loc  SMILEY

Old 05-23-2012, 05:45 PM   #51
faydh

Loremaster

Thank you Johnny

1 down 2 to go.

Give of the loc is the least i can do considering i myself has been asking for those loc's all thise weeks.

Old 05-23-2012, 10:43 PM   #52
midir

Loremaster

perrin wanderhoof was found wed night between 8pm and 8:20 centeral time crushbone server -3428.20 -672.07 -373.88

midir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 10:58 PM   #53
Senvares

Loremaster

? what are these mercs for are they pets that fight along side of you or just for show.

Senvares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 12:11 AM   #54
Johnnyteatime

Lord

midir wrote:

perrin wanderhoof was found wed night between 8pm and 8:20 centeral time crushbone server -3428.20 -672.07 -373.88

Thanks midir, OP updated

Old 05-24-2012, 12:12 AM   #55
Johnnyteatime

Lord

Senvares wrote:

? what are these mercs for are they pets that fight along side of you or just for show.

If you go here Senvares you can learn more about them http://eq2.zam.com/wiki/Mercenaries_(EQ2))

Old 05-24-2012, 12:51 PM   #56
faydh

Loremaster

Tried out the Guard track idea today.

I can not say if it has been like this all the time but boy were i send out on a goose hunt 8-)

Most of today and again now the guards did not know where Perrin were. Then suddently they did.

You can see all possible spawn points of the rare merc if you keep asking them. AS LONG AS THAT MERC IS UP. One of them is right im sure, but since you cant bring the guard with you chances are first point wont be the right one and when you do get back to the guard to get new point it will allready be taken.

One good thing you can use the guards for, is to know if it is worth your time tracking for the merc now or not.

So next time the guards give you a point. Either stay, keep asking and wright all point down for later use or get out your track and start hunting. Good luck.

Old 05-24-2012, 01:46 PM   #57
Johnnyteatime

Lord

Did you get a new Loc for him Faydh?

Old 05-24-2012, 02:44 PM   #58
Senvares

Loremaster

Johnnyteatime wrote:

Senvares wrote:

If you go here Senvares you can learn more about them http://eq2.zam.com/wiki/Mercenaries_(EQ2))

thank you a str8 up answer woulda been nice but ok thanx. and i was talking about the elites you guys are posting locations for.

Senvares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 02:59 PM   #59
faydh

Loremaster

Sorry but no.

I'm afraid i were so busy proveing to myself they really did change position when you asked them over and over again. So i kinda just sapped through it all fast.

When i get back online i'll see if i can remember some of the spawnpoints and post them.

Old 05-24-2012, 03:33 PM   #60
faydh

Loremaster

Ok since this is based on my memories of the points the guards gave me it can only be approximately and not confirmed since i have not seen Perrin there.

Loc -278.31, -696.49, -659.78

Loc -442.82, -705.18, 375.53

The rest the guard showed me were either already known loc or i have forgotten them.