EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > General Gameplay Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 03-30-2012, 02:01 PM   #1
Piestro

Community Relations

This thread is for feedback about the Updated ProSiebenSat.1 FAQ .

Please see the Updated ProSiebenSat.1 FAQ to learn more about the details of the SOE and ProsiebenSat.1 Games Group.

EverQuest Community Relations Manager

Piestro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 02:48 PM   #2
Morgania434

Lord

So basically it took you all 3 months to hammer out the no ip locks, instead you make it mandatory for EU customers to use pss1. Which 99% of them REFUSE to do and have stated so in many posts here. Everything else looks exactly the same, just longer sentences.

Oh and lets not forget that your Start date for this was YESTERDAY THE 29TH. 

Seems like you all do KNOW how your playerbase would react.

Very sad day for EQ2.

p.s. Thank you for posting the new faq Piestro, this isn't directed at you, but at the Big Wigs who made the decision.

Morgania434 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 02:57 PM   #3
Heph

Loremaster

Ok, this deal sucks all the same it was 3 months ago, except we can play on every servers. You just killed the little trust I still have in you.

Great job, I hope you'll company gets the same consideration from its banks than you show to us, your customers.

Heph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 02:58 PM   #4
Seffrid

Loremaster

I'm grateful for the updated FAQ, and for the fact that it has been issued before the end of this week, albeit after far too long a silence from SOE and still with no direct communication from any SOE executive outside of the Community Relations team with their playerbase of many years standing.

The situation would appear to be as we feared, that those of us in Europe unwilling to sign up with ProSieben now have no option but to leave EQ2, and that will be my own position.

I am also active in EQ1 and will continue to play that game through my SOE account, with considerable reservations it has to be said. If I am only able to play future games such as EQ Next through ProSieben then I will pass on those games. I dare say, however, that EQ Next will not be the traditional kind of EQ MMO that I would be interested in anyway.

Please note that I do not consent to my outstanding EQ2 subscription being forcibly transferred to another company but that I do wish it to be credited to my EQ1 account - can it please be confirmed that this will be in order. I signed my 6 months subscription with SOE and no-one else, and there is no legal basis on which it is transferable without my consent.

Similarly, I do not consent to my SC being transferred to a different currency under another company, it must remain on my SOE account for use in EQ1.

Can it please be confirmed whether there will be some kind of IP locking that will prevent F2P SOE accounts being run from Europe on the US servers?

Naturally I am hugely disappointed by the outcome on this, it's a sad day indeed for EQ2, but if I've misread the updated FAQ and I can in fact continue to play EQ2 from the UK through my SOE account and without the need to transfer my characters whether on US or EU servers to ProSieben then doubtless someone will correct me.

Seffrid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 03:05 PM   #5
Morgania434

Lord

What happens to our running subscriptions? Players who have pre-paid, non-recurring SOE subscriptions will automatically have their subscriptions transferred over to ProSiebenSat.1 Games so they can continue enjoying any remaining play time left on the account. For players who have a pre-paid, recurring SOE subscription, their remaining subscription time will also be transferred over to ProSiebenSat.1 Games; however, the subscription will not renew at the end of the current cycle. Once the subscription expires, players will be required to re-subscribe through the ProSiebenSat.1 Games system in order to continue enjoying the benefits of a similar membership. I'm a European player; after I create my ProSieben account, will my SOE account be shut down? No, your SOE account will not be shut down. You will be able to access the above mentioned SOE games through your ProSieben account, and you'll be able to access other SOE games (like the original EverQuest) through your existing SOE account. There is your anwer Seffrid. As sad as it is.
Old 03-30-2012, 03:10 PM   #6
dizzythecat

Loremaster

So we are being forced to use a company we do not trust, many of us hang on, praying you would listen but it seems the the 3000+ posts have fallen on deaf ears , THANK YOU Soe for making me quit a game i have played since launch !!!

dizzythecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 03:28 PM   #7
Seffrid

Loremaster

Morgania434 wrote:

What happens to our running subscriptions? Players who have pre-paid, non-recurring SOE subscriptions will automatically have their subscriptions transferred over to ProSiebenSat.1 Games so they can continue enjoying any remaining play time left on the account. For players who have a pre-paid, recurring SOE subscription, their remaining subscription time will also be transferred over to ProSiebenSat.1 Games; however, the subscription will not renew at the end of the current cycle. Once the subscription expires, players will be required to re-subscribe through the ProSiebenSat.1 Games system in order to continue enjoying the benefits of a similar membership. I'm a European player; after I create my ProSieben account, will my SOE account be shut down? No, your SOE account will not be shut down. You will be able to access the above mentioned SOE games through your ProSieben account, and you'll be able to access other SOE games (like the original EverQuest) through your existing SOE account. There is your anwer Seffrid. As sad as it is.

Yes, but you (and no doubt SOE) forget an important point - there will be no ProSieben account for my outstanding EQ2 subscription to be transferred to. I won't be creating one.

In those circumstances SOE only have three options available to them:-

1. Allow me to continue to play the game through them in accordance with the agreement when I signed up.

2. Allow the outstanding benefit of the subscription to be transferred to my EQ1 account.

3. Refund the outstanding benefit to me, and if that option is adopted then in fairness (and arguably in law) it ought to be done with effect from no later than today.

I would like an answer from SOE as to which option they intend to adopt in cases such as mine.

Seffrid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 03:43 PM   #8
Mermut

Loremaster

How will the determination of an EU vs a non-EU account be made? What about people who travel and play while abroad?

Old 03-30-2012, 03:48 PM   #9
AppyH

Loremaster

Morgania434 wrote:

So basically it took you all 3 months to hammer out the no ip locks, instead you make it mandatory for EU customers to use pss1. Which 99% of them REFUSE to do and have stated so in many posts here. 

Oh dear, 99% of the customers will quit? I'm pretty sure most customers will hardly care, or simply be somewhat annoyed and still keep on.

AppyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 03:51 PM   #10
SOE-MOD-16

Community Moderator

This post has moved: /eq2/posts/preList.m?topic_id=51444...post_id=5739773 Personal Attack
SOE-MOD-16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 03:52 PM   #11
dawy

Loremaster

Laughable it really is.

dawy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 03:53 PM   #12
Morgania434

Lord

I was talking specifically about EU customers who posted in the other now locked feedback thread that has over 3000 posts in it. Not to mention the decline that has already happened since this was first announced. Not to mention NOTHING has still been posted about people who travel, or people who live in Australia, but whose billing comes from London. Etc. etc. etc... All that said, yes you are probably correct. Most STILL have their heads in the sand. At least until they see whole guilds gone and can't pug anymore, except with brand new players......
Old 03-30-2012, 03:55 PM   #13
Geothe

Loremaster

So in summary after months of no further word.

Yes, Euro players have in fact been outright sold to another company.

Sorry Euro players SMILEY

Smed: 5) This [LoN] is not some slippery slope towards selling items directly in EQ & EQ II.

Lie #3: Station Cash. Enough Said.

Geothe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 04:02 PM   #14
Wurm

Loremaster

Game Over for Me... no way am I going to have anything to do with PSS1.

It was fun while it lasted but this is a deal breaker for me.

Old 03-30-2012, 04:05 PM   #15
dawy

Loremaster

Wurm wrote:

Agreed they just dont get it do they?

Very few people will have anything to do with PSS1 i'll stay till the change over if i havent gone full time to SWTOR by then.

Old 03-30-2012, 04:06 PM   #16
SgtPmpkn

Loremaster

Wurm wrote:

Sorry to see you and many more leave, especially looking at the forum creation date... less and less 2004's around.

SgtPmpkn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 04:06 PM   #17
SOE-MOD-16

Community Moderator

This post has moved: /eq2/posts/preList.m?topic_id=51444...post_id=5739793 Personal Attack
Old 03-30-2012, 04:13 PM   #18
Trevynoae

Loremaster

Quick and important question:

Will I (located in Europa) have to use a PSS1 account to access characters on US servers? Or can I continue using my SOE account for that.

There is nothing really in the FAQ giving me a definite answer to this - so I have to ask.

To put it blunt: if I have to use a PSS1 account - I am done.

Trevynoae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 04:16 PM   #19
dawy

Loremaster

Trevynoae wrote:

Will I (located in Europa) have to use a PSS1 account to access characters on US servers? Or can I continue using my SOE account for that.

There is nothing really in the FAQ giving me a definite answer to this - so I have to ask.

Glad its not just me becuase i cant see that clear answer either,i suspect behind the marketing speak the answer will be no you need a Pro 7 account.

Old 03-30-2012, 04:16 PM   #20
Moldylocks

Loremaster

Well, I'm not really surprised at all by this revision.  I think many of us said that when it gets published it will be announced as a done deal, so take it or leave it.  And *gasp* look what happened.

Deal aside for a moment, what is really disappointing is that after all these many, many weeks not much at all was changed in the FAQ or its answers.  With all the feedback submitted, including 2 community created FAQ, SOE is clearly still not listening to their customers. 

The writing was on the wall back in January.  This belaboured end-result was entirely predictable. 

(Edit)  One thing I have to add:  In this newest feedback thread, as per the previous two, will the concerned community (read: your paying customers) get answers to their questions, will there be back-and-forth dialogue, or will it be business as usual and a grim silence descend for another month or more?

Moldylocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 04:17 PM   #21
SgtPmpkn

Loremaster

Trevynoae wrote:

Seems like from what I've read you'll have access to the US servers, with 'more details' to come.  But lower on the page you will have to get a new launcher, which is through PPS1, which might or might not be needed to connect to those US servers.  Here is the wording:

Launcher Questions

Will we still be able to launch the game from the SOE page or will we have to go to the ProSiebenSat.1 Games website?ProSiebenSat.1 Games will provide a web-gateway and corresponding game centric websites to all SOE games included as part of this agreement.

Will we have to use a new launcher? Yes, European players will receive a new launcher similar to the one recently deployed by SOE to provide a secure and reliable login process for the EU servers. Using the European launcher will be mandatory since it will also be used to deliver game patches and news updates.

SgtPmpkn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 04:18 PM   #22
Wurm

Loremaster

Bet we get more SOE mod bot posts than real feedback in this thread.

Oh wait I'm not allowed to say that either am I?

Old 03-30-2012, 04:19 PM   #23
dawy

Loremaster

SgtPmpkn wrote:

Trevynoae wrote:

Seems like from what I've read you'll have access to the US servers, with 'more details' to come.  But lower on the page you will have to get a new launcher, which is through PPS1, which might or might not be needed to connect to those US servers.  Here is the wording:

Launcher Questions

Will we still be able to launch the game from the SOE page or will we have to go to the ProSiebenSat.1 Games website?ProSiebenSat.1 Games will provide a web-gateway and corresponding game centric websites to all SOE games included as part of this agreement.

Will we have to use a new launcher? Yes, European players will receive a new launcher similar to the one recently deployed by SOE to provide a secure and reliable login process for the EU servers. Using the European launcher will be mandatory since it will also be used to deliver game patches and news updates.

Thats as i read it..nothing really to say one thing or the other regarding access to american servers and of course who will take payment for it (assuming for instance SOE still run the american servers they'd take the subs wouldnt they?)

Old 03-30-2012, 04:25 PM   #24
SOE-Brasse

DwarvenOverlord

Friends,

We promised that all players would be able to play together, to play on the servers of their choice. This was a huge undertaking, technically, but vital to keeping our players together.  Accounts will necessarily be handled separately as games transition. We are working very closely together and we are all are fully committed to serving their customers well.

While it will be impossible to address each and every post here, I would like to answer a few.

Seffrid,

This is in fact communication from the executive - we don't posts this sort of thing on a whim. We are posting this information with our executive's direction and oversight. They are involved in every aspect of this deal, including the move to ensure that players can continue to play on any server they like.  As I have said, I realize that I am much shorter than Smed, but this is truthful, valid communication on behalf of SOE. 

You will not be forcibly transferred - starting a ProSiebenSat.1 is a choice, should you wish to continue playing EQII after the transition. If you wish to change your account status prior to that time, please contact CS directly (we cannot do it from here), and while I respect your choice, I do ask you to merely think about it for a time and consider giving this a chance. EQII will not transition for some time yet, so there is no rush.

Your SC will not be transferred. It will be mirrored - in other words, it is a grant, not a transfer. From the FAQ:

"...and the value of any Station Cash in their SOE account granted to the new ProSiebenSat.1 Games account."

Your question regarding F2P SOE accounts being run from Europe on the US servers: yes, of course they can. However, in order to play from European IPs, players will need to sign up for a ProSiebenSat.1 account. As with all of our F2P games, you do not have to fund those accounts if you choose to play Free.

In response to your final point, you should see a seamless transition, aside from creating a ProSiebenSat.1 account. You can continue to play EQ2 from the UK without the need to transfer your characters. Again, you will need to sign up for a ProSiebenSat.1 account in order to play, because while we automatically transfer those characters, we do not transfer personal data. That is solely at the discretion of the players.

Updating, due to your new post (you guys write faster than I do):

1. You may continue to play the game at your discretion. You have full control over your account. ProSieben will manage all players who register accounts within their region.

2 & 3. As mentioned above, please contact CS to follow up on this request if you wish to change your account status.

Morgania 434

When your ProSiebenSat.1 account is created, your SOE account will remain active for any games that have not yet transitioned. For instance, if DCUO transitions first, those players will retain SOE accounts for other games they may play, such as EQ, EQII, FR, CWA, VG, PS, etc.  In the case of a game that is not slated for transition, such as EQ for example, those players will have two accounts, one for ProSiebenSat.1 and one for SOE.

Do see my comment above regarding how your SC is handled. It will be mirrored at the time of transition, so that it appears on both accounts, in case one of your active games switches over, while another one has not yet done so.

Addition for your new post: We tracked that thread very carefully and that feedback remains valued, valid and well documented. However, we wanted to start a new thread following the release of the revised FAQ.

As noted below, I am looking into the request for info on folks who travel abroad (as I do), and will post when I have information. A great many details are still being worked out, and we have a significant amount of time left - we haven't even determined a transition date for EQII yet.

Australia is not included in the regions ProSiebenSat.1 administers (nor are New Zealand, Asia, Russia, South America, for instance). The regions covered are listed in the General Questions section of the FAQ.

Dizzythecat,

We hope you'll give this a try. Your gameplay will not change, your servers will not change, your friends and guilds will remain the same. It is a matter of creating a new account for exactly the same gameplay experience, because we do not transfer personal data. As for trust, that is indeed a choice every consumer must make on every transaction we make online (or offline, for that matter). Take the time to make a measured decision. EQII's transition will be some time off yet.

Mermut,

I travel abroad a great deal and have never had issues logging in to games that are generally IP locked (as so many are). Let me follow up on that one for you. Bear with me while I do so. =)

Druisa,

I am sorry you feel that way.  Keep in mind that you have plenty of time yet before the transition occurs, and I hope that you will keep an open mind and watch for more information as the year progresses.

Trevynoae,

Once EQII transitions, you will need a ProSiebenSat.1 account to access your characters on US servers. We are making it as seamless as possible on the front end, but while we can transfer characters, items, and grant SC to the new account, we cannot transfer personal information, which is why you need to sign up with ProSiebenSat.1*.

[*edited to clarify, after ravenhair pointed out my poor wording. Players will be able to link to their existing account, similarly to how we handled merging of our FB games with Station IDs. In this case it will be your SOE characters and game data merging with your ProSieben account. The details on how this will take place are still being worked out by some incredibly smart guys in our Platform group.]

As ever, we ARE listening. We are collecting every bit of your feedback to pass on to our internal groups and to our partners at ProSiebenSat.1. We are all strongly committed to providing you with the best, secure gameplay experience possible.

Yer Loyal Dwarf,

Brasse

Director, Global Community Relations, SOE

---------~~========~~---------

I have a Qlu'Stiq and I'm not afraid to use it.
SOE-Brasse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 04:28 PM   #25
SOE-MOD-16

Community Moderator

This post has moved: /eq2/posts/preList.m?topic_id=51444...post_id=5739815 Byspassing language filter.
Old 03-30-2012, 04:30 PM   #26
dawy

Loremaster

Thanks for that Brasse

You're not lsitening its that simple your company has done a deal that will alienate a lot of players but hey no doubt there will be many "new" players with the new compnay.

But for once an answer to a question that i've been aksing for months will we need a Pro7 account to get onto american servers now you've answered that question (shame it took 3 months) i will exercise my right and not play the game as soon as its changes over to them.

But thank you belatedly for a straight answer.

Old 03-30-2012, 04:32 PM   #27
Wurm

Loremaster

So what you are saying is the hundreds of posts saying that we want nothing to do with Sat1 was ignored.

So it is now down to "Sign up with Sat1 or bugger off!"

When SOE destroyed SWG I did a lot of soul searching but decided to give EQ2 a chance anyway, I've had a lot of fun playing EQ2. But SOE just insured I'll never buy or play another SOE game ever again.

Old 03-30-2012, 04:36 PM   #28
Ragnaphore

Loremaster

I've a couple question about SC/alaplay curency.

- Will the change of curency be a "one-time thing" or will we able to change "SOE SC" for "Alaplaya SC" anytime ? IOW what happens if an euro player has a SOE SC card to redeem (gift/bought with PP/bought while travelling abroad etc)

- EQ1 being not in the deal what happen to SC when the transfert to Alaplaya will be effective for those who play both ? All SC is converted ? none ? We choose how much we keep in SC and how much is changed to "Alaplaya" ?

- All Access Pass : It has some perks grandfathered for "old" customers (12 char. slots in EQ2 for exemple) will we lose that ?    

Oh and nice touch to post that Friday evening (EU time) SMILEY

Ragnaphore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 04:40 PM   #29
Morgania434

Lord

Ah, let me clear something up, I am not an EU customer, I am a USA customer ( not far from San Diego in fact ). Thank you for answering. IF SOE was listening to their customers, they would have not done the deal in the first place ( please see the original 23 page FAQ posted ). They dis-regarded their PAYING and NON -Paying customers by dis-regarding that thread, along with the other 3000+ post thread. THE GAME BREAKER FOR MANY EU CUSTOMERS IS PSS1. They ( Eu Customers ) clearly stated they could live with and / or transfer off of eu servers to us servers AS LONG AS THEY DIDN'T HAVE TO CREATE OR DEAL WITH PROSIEBEN AT ALL. That was also completely dis-regarded. If SOE had vetted PSS1 like they should have done, a simple internet search would have told them that this is NOT the company to team up with for Europe. If SOE had actually logged onto the childish, anime forums that were created they would not have done this deal. If SOE had actually SEEN the POOR, Childish, support in broken english, they would not have done this deal. No business in their right mind would have done this deal after seeing what I said above. So, we can only logically conclude that this deal was done with NO Vetting of said company. Just a couple of salesmen selling a rock back and forth to each other.
Old 03-30-2012, 04:42 PM   #30
Trevynoae

Loremaster

SOE-Brasse wrote:

Your question regarding F2P SOE accounts being run from Europe on the US servers: yes, of course they can. However, in order to play from European IPs, players will need to sign up for a ProSiebenSat.1 account.

Trevynoae,

Once EQII transitions, you will need a ProSiebenSat.1 account to access your characters on US servers. We are making it as seamless as possible on the front end, but while we can transfer characters, items, and grant SC to the new account, we cannot transfer personal information, which is why you need to sign up with ProSieben (using your existing SOE account id - new password of course!).

well - this is what IT folks like me call IP-LOCKING!

Sorry Linda - I am super-disappointed at this point.

Just to make sure:

To continue playing EQ Live ... I do not need to be involved in any way with PSS1? Is this given and will stay that way?

because of legal issues I will never again deal with that "company" and would like to know ahead of time if that completely ends my relationship with SOE.

Trevynoae is offline   Reply With Quote