EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > General Gameplay Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 11-07-2012, 12:26 PM   #1
Vombur

Loremaster

Dear Eq2 and EQ2 community. Recently bought a 24" monitor that I now run the game on in 1920x1080 but I cant read the nice quest and lore texts, Npc chats etc. How to go about it to change the settings so I can enlarge the ingame font size? Any ideas? I know how to change "Chat" font size but this is the ingame text font size I have issues with.

If unchangable, any other that have a 24" wide monitor and have figured out the best game setting for EQ2?

Thanks in advance!

Vombur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 01:13 PM   #2
Wingrider01

Loremaster

Vombur wrote:

Dear Eq2 and EQ2 community. Recently bought a 24" monitor that I now run the game on in 1920x1080 but I cant read the nice quest and lore texts, Npc chats etc. How to go about it to change the settings so I can enlarge the ingame font size? Any ideas? I know how to change "Chat" font size but this is the ingame text font size I have issues with.

If unchangable, any other that have a 24" wide monitor and have figured out the best game setting for EQ2?

Thanks in advance!

what video card are you using - have GTX 690's and it is fine

Yes Jim, the user has experienced the dreaded PICNIC error

Wingrider01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 01:43 PM   #3
feldon30

Fansite Staff

As a fairly recent full-time wearer of glasses SMILEY SMILEY who has found myself inching my chair towards the monitor over the last few years, I suggest:

• Updated prescription
  • Elevating your monitor on a platform so you are looking directly at it instead of slightly downwards
  • Reducing your monitor's resolution to 1600x900
feldon30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 02:04 PM   #4
Zorastiz
Server: Antonia Bayle
Guild: Dressed To Kill

Loremaster

I run this resolution on a 27" monitor and it's fine, I did tweak the font size and if I were at home I would look to see how for you, I'm blind as a bat too but even with an old prescription I can read things fine.

Feldon do you need to get pop bottle glasses?

Zorastiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 02:12 PM   #5
Brigh

Loremaster

Two 24" here with glasses and I can read. Perhaps you don't have your windows font size larger? Control PanelAll Control Panel ItemsDisplay (W7)

-Stephen Colbert

CoD3 double XP Rank Up promotion lesson for kids
Brigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 03:22 PM   #6
Zorastiz

Loremaster

He only needs to change the ingame font size, not Windows font size!

Old 11-07-2012, 03:27 PM   #7
Ulrichvon

Loremaster

I don't know if the text in the bubbles can be changed or not.  Everything in the windows can be changed in game.

I run the same resolution on a similarly sized monitor, and while I need my specs to read it clearly, it isn't hard to read.

Old 11-07-2012, 03:29 PM   #8
feldon30

Fansite Staff

[email protected] Bayle wrote:

I run this resolution on a 27" monitor and it's fine, I did tweak the font size and if I were at home I would look to see how for you, I'm blind as a bat too but even with an old prescription I can read things fine.

I have no problem now that I am wearing glasses. Except needing to clean them all the time. SMILEY

feldon30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 03:32 PM   #9
ZUES

Loremaster

Several things you can do but a few stand out that might solve your problem.

#1 - Go download profit UI. Once installed, type /load_uisettings. Profit has built in options and it's fully customizable.#2 - Go into Windows and increase your settings to a larger setting lke look at the below picture. Adjust to accomodate.#3 - I have a Samsung monitor that has built in options right from the user panel. Check your monitor to see if you do as well.

ZUES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 03:34 PM   #10
Zorastiz

Loremaster

feldon30 wrote:

[email protected] Bayle wrote:

I have no problem now that I am wearing glasses. Except needing to clean them all the time.

That's always the worst part, I've been dealing with that my whole life.

Old 11-07-2012, 05:17 PM   #11
Cloudrat

Tester

I gave up trying to read the journal for questing  I put my monitor on the lowest resolution I can and go from there  lol. Someone helped finally find a way to increase font size on the chat input line SMILEY  I guess I am aging out of the game and will have to find some other place to spend my leisure time moneySMILEY Giant windows with tiny type. That is how you weed out the old peopleSMILEY

Old 11-07-2012, 10:31 PM   #12
Gilasil

Loremaster

I"ve been playing EQ2 at 1920x1080 for years with no problem and my eyes are REALLY bad.  Scary bad.  I see two opthamologists a year and my glasses prescription is NOT why I do it.

1.  Update your prescription.  You should do that anyway.

2.  If you're older get reading glasses if you don't wear glasses or use contacts.  You can buy them at most drugstores for $5.00 to $30.00 bucks. If you use glasses make sure they're one of the bifocal/continuous (can't think of the name now) for reading.  Again, you should have a good solution for reading whether or not you're playing EQ2.  Eyestrain should not be an option.

And finally feel free to adjust font size.  I rather doubt that adjusting the Windows font will help you inside EQ2 but you need to be able to read that anyway so probably best for non-EQ2 reasons to get it adjusted right.

In fact I wouldn't be surprised if your problem is you need reading glasses.  Sorry, it comes with getting older and happens to everyone.  Just get them and avoid straining your eyes unnecessarily.

If you have trouble seeing stuff at a distance too I'd strongly recommend you get your prescription updated before you flunk the eye test for your drivers license renewal (assuming they test that for renewals in your state).  In any event, it wouldn't hurt you to have a professional look at your eyes because reading EQ2 text on a monitor like that should NOT be a problem. 

Gilasil is offline   Reply With Quote