EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > General Gameplay Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 10-27-2012, 01:15 PM   #2071
PapaLeo

Loremaster

Sorry, but I'm not coming back. I love(d) the game, but selling me to a company with a dubious track record, allowing months to pass without positive reactions and then suddenly saying "all will be well", possibly because more and more players cancel and the expansions don't sell as well as hoped, simply does not cut it for me.

When I learned about the deal and saw that Sony meant to push it through, I had more or less just paid for a one-year sub. I waited, waited ... and after 6 months I decided to cancel (playing is not a lot of fun when you know that you won't use Pro7's service and thus everything you achieve in-game is moot) and asked for a refund of the remaining 6 months - which I got under the condition that I allowed them to DELETE my account. This I did. They kindly asked me to burn any bridge back and I obliged ... thus, even if I wanted (which I really don't), there is no way they'll ever get any more money from me.

PapaLeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 09:48 PM   #2072
Darktreem

Loremaster

hexalobular wrote:

Darktreem wrote:

Also it seems that when Planetside 2 launches new EU accounts will be under ProSieben. If people want to be with SOE with Planetside 2, and do not currently have a SOE accont, then they best create SOE accounts ASAP.

The problem is that having a SOE account isn't going to be enough, you're gonna need a Planetside 2 account on that SOE account, and since Ps2 hasn't been launched yet that's gonna take a time machine.

PS2 is not out yet, but it is on your account now but Inactive (All SOE games that you have not downloaded launcher for and logged into remains Inactive and they all share the same message as PS2 except DCUO)

DCUO says that "Account modifications for this game are no longer available on this SOE account", and have to go to ProSieben. PS2 does not say this, and they will not change existing accounts to do so, only new ones, when they are ready to do so. So best create an account ASAP in preparation. They may even be ready before launch

Even creating a new account today puts PS2 game pass on your account as non ProSieben. When it goes live then just download the launcher and files, click play, and it will go Active.

Basically if the game pass says " Unlimited Play" then it is set as a SOE account and you are fine, this should not change unless you choose it to when they add the option to transfer. If it says "Account modifications for this game are no longer available on this SOE account ....." then it is under ProSieben

Darktreem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 07:35 AM   #2073
yadlajoi

Loremaster

Quit a long time ago. Has the transfer to the german took place yet or not? Can anyone recap what happened in the last 5 or 6 months in a few word?
yadlajoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 08:09 PM   #2074
hexalobular

Lord

Postponed.

We get to stay with SOE. (EQ, EQ2 and PS2 anyway.)

New euro accounts (after they (eventually) go ahead) will have to be with P7S1, old accounts should have the option of moving or staying.

DCUO has transfered, those who moved their accounts are stuck with P7S1, uncertain about those who didn't.

hexalobular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 04:07 AM   #2075
Peysel
Server: Runnyeye
Guild: Tranquility

Tester

PapaLeo wrote:

Sorry, but I'm not coming back. I love(d) the game, but selling me to a company with a dubious track record, allowing months to pass without positive reactions and then suddenly saying "all will be well", possibly because more and more players cancel and the expansions don't sell as well as hoped, simply does not cut it for me.

When I learned about the deal and saw that Sony meant to push it through, I had more or less just paid for a one-year sub. I waited, waited ... and after 6 months I decided to cancel (playing is not a lot of fun when you know that you won't use Pro7's service and thus everything you achieve in-game is moot) and asked for a refund of the remaining 6 months - which I got under the condition that I allowed them to DELETE my account. This I did. They kindly asked me to burn any bridge back and I obliged ... thus, even if I wanted (which I really don't), there is no way they'll ever get any more money from me.

That's an awful thing to do, shame on you SOE!  I am horrified that you would demand account deletion for requesting a refund because a player didn't want go to Prosiebensat.  There was no need for that at all, it was pure & simple spite.

Peysel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 05:27 AM   #2076
yadlajoi

Loremaster

hexalobular wrote:

Postponed.

We get to stay with SOE. (EQ, EQ2 and PS2 anyway.)

New euro accounts (after they (eventually) go ahead) will have to be with P7S1, old accounts should have the option of moving or staying.

DCUO has transfered, those who moved their accounts are stuck with P7S1, uncertain about those who didn't.

Thanks for the answer.

I guess i can maybe reinstall the game, the second i m forced to register with PS71 i m out again.

Is there any new content since... i think i quite in february or january.

yadlajoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 05:48 AM   #2077
Zergosch

Loremaster

So basicly, everything stays the way it was oO sounds quite perfect to me ;P (as perfect, as it where before ^^)

Zergosch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 02:46 PM   #2078
Juggercap

Elder

Zergosch wrote:

So basicly, everything stays the way it was oO sounds quite perfect to me ;P (as perfect, as it where before ^^)

How is everything the same if current customers can now choose to transition or not?

Run away! Run away!
Juggercap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 08:55 PM   #2079
Caethre

Loremaster

feldon30 wrote:

Forced Migration is dead.

http://eq2wire.com/2012/10/16/break...stick-with-soe/

(( I've been too busy real-life-wise lately and didn't know about this. Until I by chance visit the forums for a short while this evening and ... wow ... bombshell.

This is fantastic news.

I'd suggest SOE email their EU playerbase about this, truely. It will I am sure make some who would have left, not do so, and cause others who were thinking of doing so over this issue, remain with the game ))

Lady Lorianna Ardinwena [92/320 Monk|92 Carpenter](Koada`Dal)

Lady Suzanna Narinyaare [92/320 Conjuror|92 Woodworker](Koada`Dal)

Lady Annaelisa Lorinfinlinde [92/320 Fury|92 Tailor](Koada`Dal)

Lady Silvianna [92/320 Illusionist|92 Jeweler](Koada`Dal)

Jennianna [92/320 Dirge|92 Weaponsmith](Koada`Dal)

Aurielle [92/320 Wizard|92 Alchemist](Koada`Dal)

Valerianna [92/320 Guardian|92 Armourer](Koada`Dal)

Sarahanna [92/320 Swashbuckler|92 Provisioner](Koada`Dal)

Katherianna [92/286 Beserker|92 Sage](Koada`Dal)

Guildleader of The True Path - A roleplay-based guild (level 77) on Antonia Bayle
Caethre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 11:28 AM   #2080
Weil
Server: Splitpaw
Guild: The Midnight Runners

Lord

Speaking as one of a group of friends who dropped SOE like a hot potato the day we heard about this deal and simultaneously cancelled, I'm pretty insulted that Smedley thinks we are so stupid as to believe the decision was based on customer feedback. It simply underlines the contempt he holds for us that he expects us to lap up such a shallow attempt to put a positive spin on such a mis-managed train wreck.

When did SOE ever, EVER base a decision on customer feedback? On the contrary Smedley, history shows that SOE inevitably charge ahead with bad decisions DESPITE customer feedback time and time again. You had enough customer feedback in the first month on which to base this decision if it is genuine, let alone a year.

I'd implore you to be honest to your customers, but you wouldn't know honesty if it grew horns and bit you on the backside.

I have no beef with Sony themselves, you have to pity them as their SOE division has shown yet again that it is managed by incompetent buffoons unfit for purpose. Smedley didn't even have the common sense or decency to announce this to his forum users, his ego being so large (or he's just not very bright), that he assumes we are so interested in what he has to say that we follow him on Twitter! The unprofessionalism is almost as staggering as the incompetence.

SOE has had its last bean from me so long as it has certain individuals at the helm that hold it's paying customers in such obvious contempt and have shown as much more than once. Anyone can get crapped on but if you let them rub it in, you deserve what you get.

Weil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 05:43 PM   #2081
Seffrid

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

Smedley didn't even have the common sense or decency to announce this to his forum users, his ego being so large (or he's just not very bright), that he assumes we are so interested in what he has to say that we follow him on Twitter! The unprofessionalism is almost as staggering as the incompetence.

This. One hundred percent this.

As for the rest of the post, I wouldn't personally adopt the same tone but the feeling behind it is widely felt among the playerbase, that much is evident from the hundreds of forum pages posted both here and on EQ and VG over the past 10 months.

Yet what do we get now as to the practicality of the change, and the follow-up to PSS1's panel session at Fan Faire in which they explained how they were now staffed up to embrace the SOE deal and impress the players with their commitment to them?

Nothing, absolutely nothing.

Not remotely surprising, but staggeringly incompetent nonetheless. They haven't even emailed all European players to let them know about the change of policy, let alone started introducing the PSS1 team with a view to building a relationship between them and the community, as well as confirming whether, as Piestro originally stated, the change relates solely to EQ, EQ2 and PS2 or, as Smedley allegedly told Massively, it relates to all titles yet to transition to PSS1.

I hope all budding business management students have been following this saga since January, an accurate resume would assuredly earn top marks in any assignment on how not to run a company.

Seffrid is offline   Reply With Quote