EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > PVP Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 06-06-2010, 03:54 AM   #1
Vymm

Seer

Why is there no immunity for taunts? This is easily the dumbest thing in this entire game when 10 different tanks can taunt you literally EVERY second and you just bounce back and forth.. How do you expect us to dps these healers that are so OP now doing 5k hps in pvp when you can only stay on them for 1 second and are lucky to get 1 CA off due to the lag? Did you really intend these group pvp fights to last for 30+ minutes or more because you can't stay on a healer for more then 1 second? How is it balanced at all to be permanently taunted to a tank every second when nearly all the other CC abilities have immunity timers? This is seriously ruining the game and if you want to save pvp it needs to be dealt with. 

Old 06-06-2010, 04:51 AM   #2
Naggasaki
Server: Nagafen
Guild: Disenchanted

Loremaster

I feel your frustration, I really do. But to be frank, it sounds like the tanks are at least doing their jobs. And as far as getting an immunity to all other CC abilities I have to throw the BS flag. I can't count the number of times I've been stun locked by a couple of Brigands.

OH....maybe you could just joust really fast on that ubar mount we have? (i kid)

Naggasaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 04:56 AM   #3
Cantor
Guild: El Grup Dels Collonuts

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

I feel your frustration, I really do. But to be frank, it sounds like the tanks are at least doing their jobs. And as far as getting an immunity to all other CC abilities I have to throw the BS flag. I can't count the number of times I've been stun locked by a couple of Brigands.

OH....maybe you could just joust really fast on that ubar mount we have? (i kid)

You can get immunity for my fear spell, for my daze and for my snares. Then, I want immunity for your taunts.

Cantor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 05:01 AM   #4
Naggasaki
Guild: Disenchanted

Loremaster

I'm not sure about this one so please don't take it to be super snyde, but I beleive either freedom of action or freedom of mind pots will work wonders for you.

Naggasaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 12:45 AM   #5
Grimmig

Loremaster

As far as I know, there is a potion which gives taunt immunity for 10 seconds. It's possible to buy from the PvP gear merchants for (as I remember) 12g and 50k status

Freedom of mind and freedom of action don't make taunt immu but it would be nice to get also a craftable potion for this. Even in PvE it could be usefull sometimes.

Grimmig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 02:47 AM   #6
Omgidomms

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

You can get immunity for my fear spell, for my daze and for my snares. Then, I want immunity for your taunts.

Actually you can still stack snares...

Omgidomms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 03:29 AM   #7
Sapphy

General

I definitely agree, taunting needs to be reduced or the dmg taking ability of tanks needs to be reduced so that they have to be reserved in how much they can throw out these moves, it seems like taunting is becoming a better form of crowd control now than control spells, especially the bruiser feign death lock thing, namely because they don't have the same kind of dispel options, immunities control spells do, they can prevent people externally from helping you, their durations are longer than most control spells, and don't break on dmg (not to mention penetration).  Tank classes with taunts are easily controlling group matches too much for too long, combined with a healer a good tank can taunt off any dmg that might hit vulnerable members of their party and as a result have healing focus on them giving an almost inpenetrable advantage.  I do think though that some taunting may be a good idea against healers because healing is soo strong atm and taunts give a much needed weakness to the class, but its also causing tank classes to reap too strong of benefits over most other classes in group combat too.

Its definitely hard to see as an enchanter, having just had more various easy to find crowd control immunity options released, reuse times of items with these qualities lowered, control spell penetration lowered and since the expansion the general durations and immunities of them nerfed to the point where against high level players crowd control is essentially useless or too weak to capitalize on.

Sapphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 04:16 AM   #8
BlueEternal

Loremaster

Sapphyra wrote:

Wall of Text

You just described what a tank is exactly supposed to do in this giant wall of text. Taunts are fine as they are..the real immunity we need is knockback immunity imo.

BlueEternal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 04:39 AM   #9
Hanari
Guild: Purity

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

Sapphyra wrote:

Taunts are fine as they are.

And taunts are the best thing in that whole pvp-system imo. Never touch this!

[Removed for Content] do u expect Vymm, if u fight against 10 tanks?

Hanari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 05:26 AM   #10
Sapphy

General

[email protected] wrote:

Sapphyra wrote:

Wall of Text

You just described what a tank is exactly supposed to do in this giant wall of text. Taunts are fine as they are..the real immunity we need is knockback immunity imo.

That being what they are supposed to do doesn't justify the magnitude of it.  Taunts may be good to have as tanks but when tanks are clearly holding off entire groups bc no one can target anything but them and the healers which already need almost a full group of dps on them aren't getting any dps then in my opinion the mechanic is overpowered.  Some of the tank classes are just too strong atm... and its lessening any amount of skill compared between players in pvp and making it more about what class you picked.

Sapphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 08:03 AM   #11
Cantor
Guild: El Grup Dels Collonuts

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

Actually you can still stack snares...

Yea but the point is that you can get immunity for snares. I want the same for taunts.

Cantor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 11:43 AM   #12
TheVekk

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

Sapphyra wrote:

Taunts are fine as they are.

And taunts are the best thing in that whole pvp-system imo. Never touch this!

[Removed for Content] do u expect Vymm, if u fight against 10 tanks?

Its not like he is choosing to fight the 10 tanks he is probly trying to do the Warfields...so its either he trys to help FP win or just give up like half the Freeps have and just take it up the A**.

For those that think the little item from the pvp merchant that give tuant immuntiy for 10 seconds is enoguh to time this lag to actualy kill something.... all I have to say I LoL.

But seriously this is the way I see it.

In a grp vs grp situation (6v6) taunts work fine, the grps may have 1 or 2 tanks depending, this would be a good fight and probly equal alot of fun.

In Warfield where you  literaly have grps that run with 3 healers and 3 tanks, plus greys taunting and what not, AND on side massivly out numbering the other side everytime. tuant are extremly broken.

Tanks imo are probly one of if not the most OP classes in the game. they tuant, take almost no dmg, do sick dps, and can heal/ward themselfs.

Im sure people will say this but that is there job to do those, no its not a tanks job to heal, tuant, and dps there job is to lock down and take dmg. not to parse 10-20k or full heal themselfs 3 times before they die.

Old 06-08-2010, 06:09 PM   #13
Vymm

Seer

The guardian one is just stupid now every time you hit anyone in their group you instantly go to the tank.. How are we supposed to burn the healers down if we can't change target ever? There's a big difference between being taunted every 5 or 6 seconds and being perma taunted and unable to hit a healer for more then 1 hit.. 

Old 06-08-2010, 06:37 PM   #14
Vlahkmaak
Server: Venekor
Guild: Opus Dei

Loremaster

Vymm wrote:

The guardian one is just stupid now every time you hit anyone in their group you instantly go to the tank.. How are we supposed to burn the healers down if we can't change target ever? There's a big difference between being taunted every 5 or 6 seconds and being perma taunted and unable to hit a healer for more then 1 hit.. 

Moderate and group moderate is not a 100% success chance nor anywhere close to it.  It is the job of the guardian to protect our group members - we have 3 passive tools to do this with, 4 now counting group moderate because I cannot fathom any guardian being dumb enough not to have at least 1 point into this skill.  We also have our intercede and sentiniel sphere to try to decrease grp damage.  You will not find us anywhere high on the parse list in a pvp fight if we are doing our jobs properly.  We cannot shadow step to anyone, decrease their nox resistance by 3-4k and then do a massive noxious  attck followed by a large melee attck with an 8 second stifle component (6 in pvp now?  Been awhile since my ranger was an assassin).    DPS and target selection/planning is your job, ours is to taunt and protect.

Vlahkmaak 92 Troll Guardian Nagafen

Dwyrm 92 Dwarf Paladin Nagafen

Shoofaug 92 Iksar bruiser Nagafen

Vlah 92 Troll Inqy Nagafen

Vlahk 50 SK Nagafen

Glavlahnus 92 Woodelf Ranger, betrayed and back again

Cructik 92 TROLL BL Nagafen
Vlahkmaak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 08:01 PM   #15
spudsmckenzie2

Loremaster

/autoattack 0 is your friend...look into it and youll see what i mean

Old 06-08-2010, 08:02 PM   #16
Toxicz
Guild: Laser Beam Attack Walrus

Loremaster

I will agree fighting the zerg with 20 sks and a few pallys and zerkers is annoying and taunts should be fixed to some extent, but its honestly last thing soe needs to worry about with class balancing for pvp.

They should look at the predator trees "predator's final trick" and take the 40% critical bonus off of it in pvp tbh =p.

Toxicz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 10:52 PM   #17
Roald

Loremaster

Vymm wrote:

This is easily the dumbest thing in this entire game

You must not play much, lol.

Milambers

Qtoon

Roald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 11:38 PM   #18
Portbott
Guild: Onyx

Loremaster

It's whatever. Touching taunts isn't going to be done in moderation if they are touched at all, and unfortunately, I feel there is nothing wrong with the way they work now. Sure, you can be taunt locked. Strategize. Get distance. Vymm, you're all about that Shadow Step and trying to blow your load in the first few seconds of a fight. If it's not working for you, change it up.

They're annoying, but I hardly feel like it's something that needs to be given much attention to.

Portbott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 02:52 AM   #19
Sprin
Guild: L U S H

General

[email protected] wrote:

Strategize. 

this...

L2play... know what classes have what type of taunts and learn to avoid them, and roll with healers that know how to cure, if your not being cured of every detrimental thats put on you, then l2group... every taunt out there is cureable... and pretty much all of them are avoidable... dont blame everyone else becaue you dont know how to play the game tbh...

Sprin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 02:05 PM   #20
Orthureon

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

Strategize. 

this...

L2play... know what classes have what type of taunts and learn to avoid them, and roll with healers that know how to cure, if your not being cured of every detrimental thats put on you, then l2group... every taunt out there is cureable... and pretty much all of them are avoidable... dont blame everyone else becaue you dont know how to play the game tbh...

I just run out of range when I am getting taunt locked, shut off autoattack, then run back in and kill the healer. It doesn't always work that smoothly but sometimes it does lol. I do agree with the main post there should be a short immunity to taunts. But if there is more than one tank present... which there will always be like 10 crusaders then yes you should be taunt locked. But they should definitely make a mastercrafted 2m recast, 15s duration taunt immunity potion, though 2m recast might be too low.

• DAEMIEN 92 Shadowknight

• XEOS 92 Ranger

• EXILON 92 Inquisitor.

Orthureon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 02:12 PM   #21
alabama

Loremaster

the only threads i see on this board anymore are people crying about the one thing thier class has problems with and trying to get it nerfed instead of figuring out how to counter it.

keep it up though, the devs are listening to you and hopefully soon we will all have the same 3 buttons, wear the exact same gear, and look the same. then i can just go park out in the open turn on auto attack while i watch tv and have my 50/50 chance to win the fight.

Smokejumper: "The monthly subscription fee means players can expect a lot of new content from us. And I say a lot - I really mean that. This is something that we feel obligated to the players, because they are paying monthly sub fee."

alabama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 02:54 PM   #22
MMKA

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

The healers should be curing but it is impossible with a 5s recast time for cures in pvp when every class puts multiple detrimentals on every .5 seconds. Remove the recast time for cures in pvp - problem solved!

MMKA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 03:32 PM   #23
labi

Loremaster

to everone saying its a tanks job to protect there grps.... i can buy that.... but then you better take away there ability to dps heal ward snare and stun...... doesnt sound so good of a deal now does it

labi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 04:06 PM   #24
Vlahkmaak

Loremaster

Maybe we should look at taking away the ability of scouts to proc more than 1 damage effect at a time in addition to the ability to using damage, fettering, and debuffing poisons too should be disabled for pvp.  After all, why should your auto attack + the 10 proc abilities that follow your auto attack be allowed to hit since their is no immunity to proc damage?  If you are seriously saying there should be a 3-5 sec immunity to taunts then in return are you willing to give an immunity to fettering poison - once landed all players should be immune to fetting for the duration of its lasting effect.  Also snare stacking by scouts should be disabled.  And of course immunities should be given at a rate of 1.8x per minute to be immune to caustic, mental breach, and vitality potions.

Everytime a scout hits a healer or other class with a mental breach, fettering, or damage poison proc the healer or other class should have an immunity to the next mental breach proc. 

DPS classes just want the ability to run in and insta kill people so we can go back to the days of Everscout.  Taunts are working fine in group pvp.  I have never taunted anyone to death 1:1.  Groups still die, healers still have the ability to use a grp heal/ward when taunted onto a tank, and when tanks taunt alot of people on to themselves we take spike damage especially if running with just 1 healer and not having our own wards/heals on demand.   DPS classes in a grp working together to maximize and time their damge together can still do significant spike damage when assisting and working as a team.

Solo scouts out running around on the flanks of grp/grp/raid pvp are stille ffective at dropping greens, blues, even or orange con solos and still effective at mana tapping healers from range.  I have a target macro when on my ranger to get back onto my intended target to mana drain healers - I have no problem getting on my target when on my ranger/necro so I fail to see the issue with taunts playing from both sides of equation.

/tar ABC for the win if you dont have a few premade target macros to fill in during combat selection.

Vlahk 50 SK Nagafen

Old 06-09-2010, 04:18 PM   #25
JimmyC01

Loremaster

Vymm wrote:

Why is there no immunity for taunts? This is easily the dumbest thing in this entire game when 10 different tanks can taunt you literally EVERY second and you just bounce back and forth.. How do you expect us to dps these healers that are so OP now doing 5k hps in pvp when you can only stay on them for 1 second and are lucky to get 1 CA off due to the lag? Did you really intend these group pvp fights to last for 30+ minutes or more because you can't stay on a healer for more then 1 second? How is it balanced at all to be permanently taunted to a tank every second when nearly all the other CC abilities have immunity timers? This is seriously ruining the game and if you want to save pvp it needs to be dealt with. 

Says the guy who hits auto attack button and stifles you forever and has you dead in 2 seconds. What else is the tanks supposed to do...let the healer just die? Without these stupid tuants the assissan will just run around at will and kill everyone without even a spec of damage to them...oh wait they already do. Anything else you want?

JimmyC01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 04:20 PM   #26
Ralpmet

Loremaster

I think vymm is just fishing to kill even more people than he already does. People figured out how to kill him and now he wants immunity from it SMILEY

Ralpmet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 04:41 PM   #27
labi

Loremaster

your complaining that dps'ers can dps..... nobody here is gona say *ZZOMG THAT SCOUT CANT BE KILLED**

no the issue with tanks is when there geared up they cant be killed and they do good dmg and have lots of utility in pvp....

Old 06-09-2010, 05:22 PM   #28
Vlahkmaak

Loremaster

labi wrote:

your complaining that dps'ers can dps..... nobody here is gona say *ZZOMG THAT SCOUT CANT BE KILLED**

no the issue with tanks is when there geared up they cant be killed and they do good dmg and have lots of utility in pvp....

Seriously - learn to identify sarcasm and read the enite post: On my RANGER and NECRO (DPS classes in case you did not know this) I have NO TROUBLE at all getting onto my target once taunt off.

Vlahk 50 SK Nagafen

Old 06-09-2010, 06:50 PM   #29
labi

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

labi wrote:

Seriously - learn to identify sarcasm and read the enite post: On my RANGER and NECRO (DPS classes in case you did not know this) I have NO TROUBLE at all getting onto my target once taunt off.

um theres a diffrence between a range caster and someone who has to be close to the target....

and seriously try and get more off topic......

Old 06-09-2010, 07:05 PM   #30
Arieneth

Loremaster

what this discussion needs is a compromise.

we can't take away a tanks ability to do their primary job of taunting. and since SOE fails so hard at fixing pvp and essentially all fights are zerg fights...i can see perma taunt locks as being overly frustrating.

the best way i can think of to fix this is itemize pvp gear better. we have gear to proc taunts. there should be gear itemized to make the wearer immune to taunt LOCKS...not being taunted, being locked. say 10-15 seconds of taunt lock immunity.

this will accomplish two things at once:

first: taunt lock immunity lets tanks still perform their jobs as normal, gives dps classes the ability to perform their jobs better and it puts an element of skill back in the players hands. tanks have to work to taunt the right classes and dps has to work to find their target while not being glued to 45 different tanks.

second: pvp gear will gain an additional edge over pve gear than just toughness. since the beginning of time, players have complained about how much better pve gear is for pvp. however, if you give pvp gear taunt lock immunity, it provides pvp gear with an added bonus. if you don't want to be taunt locked, take off your pve gear. if you insist on wearing your pve gear...deal with the taunts.

Arieneth is offline   Reply With Quote