EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > General Gameplay Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 10-24-2012, 08:29 PM   #61
SteelPiston

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

Terrogaunt wrote:

Hey guys. Just chiming in to address confusion on this.

You will still get experience if you're not on the hatelist.

You just won't get as much as you would have if you were able to contribute. The change makes it so you get experience to that of soloing if you are able to contribute to the battle. If not, you will still get the same amount (that of a N-sized group).

So in essence, this just means for you that you are getting the chance at even more exp in situations where you're able to help kill the mob.

I'm wondering how that will work out in some cases.  Say I make a lvl 1 Zerker and my wife makes a lvl Templar, if we always quest together and group with each other, will I outlevel her eventually?  Will she be required to hit the mob or heal on every fight to keep up with me?  Doing overland quests that is completely uneccessary for her to do that right now.

The way I read it is; Freeloaders get the same old xp/AA as they ever did. Players at the keyboard killing, healing, and debuffing etc will get bonus XP/AA.

Bottom feeders that mentor down and wipe out loads of green stuff will not get the bonus AA.

In a nutshell, if you actually play the game to get more XP/AA. ...YAY. If you wash the dishes while someone drags you around, it won't affect you at all.

Old 10-25-2012, 03:31 PM   #62
SOE-MOD-02

Community Moderator

Please add your feedback on this change in the thread linked below.  Thank you!

The EXP Changes and You. 

Old 10-25-2012, 04:28 PM   #63
Koleg
Server: Unrest_old

Lord

Mermut wrote:

Summary:

For groups where everybody is participating, xp goes up across the board.

For 'groups' where one person is doing all the work and the others are just along for the ride, nothing changes.

I fail to see how this is a bad thing. It encourages actual grouping without changing things for the people who like to dual box, get dragged along as baggage, or actually afk follow while being power-leveled.

This is wrong .... of course it changes, becasue the Encounter XP is removed from the XP under those conditions.  If you don't understand something, there isn't any reason to pass that information to others.

Koleg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 04:29 PM   #64
Koleg
Server: Unrest_old

Lord

Terrogaunt wrote:

ZUES wrote:

When I two box, my zerker pulls everything in sight that will not break from distance. So for example, I'm in Palace of Awakening, mentored, and pull an entire floor; each mob would normally give me... say... 200 experience. What kind of experience does my alt boxed toon get out of that 200 exp per kill ratio? This should give us a foundation of what kind of experience loss or gain you are talking about.

Well, let's say I'm fighting a group of blue mobs in a Shadow Odyssey dungeon. I'm level 85 and they are all 84.

In this pull of 4 mobs from one encounter, I'm getting ~500 exp for each because they're heroic and I get an ~800 encounter bonus from defeating it. This is the experience that you get when you're solo.

In a group of two under normal circumstances, this amount goes down from ~500 to ~260 and the encounter bonus remains the same. With the change, every kill you help with, you'll be getting that 500 values instead of the 260 and will be eligible for the encounter bonus. If you don't help and are just being dragged around, you'll just get the 260.

So the only change would be that you aren't getting the encounter bonus for the toons who are only auto-following.

It sounded before like only the 'Encounter' XP was subject to the Hate-List mechanic, but this post says differently... and since you brought up Hate-List mechanics, can you explain if this the same code as the participation code in PQ's?

Koleg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 04:32 PM   #65
bks6721

Loremaster

SteelPiston wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

Terrogaunt wrote:

You just won't get as much as you would have if you were able to contribute. The change makes it so you get experience to that of soloing if you are able to contribute to the battle. If not, you will still get the same amount (that of a N-sized group).

So in essence, this just means for you that you are getting the chance at even more exp in situations where you're able to help kill the mob.

I'm wondering how that will work out in some cases.  Say I make a lvl 1 Zerker and my wife makes a lvl Templar, if we always quest together and group with each other, will I outlevel her eventually?  Will she be required to hit the mob or heal on every fight to keep up with me?  Doing overland quests that is completely uneccessary for her to do that right now.

The way I read it is; Freeloaders get the same old xp/AA as they ever did. Players at the keyboard killing, healing, and debuffing etc will get bonus XP/AA.

Bottom feeders that mentor down and wipe out loads of green stuff will not get the bonus AA.

In a nutshell, if you actually play the game to get more XP/AA. ...YAY. If you wash the dishes while someone drags you around, it won't affect you at all.

thanks, thats what I thought too.  I'll get the bonus xp on all kills while she will only get it once in a while and I will end up outleveling her.  No need to start new alts now.

bks6721 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 04:55 PM   #66
Juggercap

Elder

[email protected] wrote:

SteelPiston wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

Terrogaunt wrote:

thanks, thats what I thought too.  I'll get the bonus xp on all kills while she will only get it once in a while and I will end up outleveling her.  No need to start new alts now.

Your wife is unable to hit the mob or heal?

Run away! Run away!
Juggercap is offline   Reply With Quote