EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > Guide Events
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 03-28-2011, 09:26 PM   #61
Brigh

Loremaster

Thornrose wrote:

Another week filled with challenges and fun.

3/29/1112am PT  Someone may be out looking for help gathering berries in Thundering Steppes4pm PT    Or you might want to try to help a young girl trying to reconstruct a family heirloom in Antonica5pm PT    The Stormshields will be challenging all comers to explore Kael Drakkel in Outer Kael6pm PT    Like riddles? Here's your chance to answer some in Kelethin

3/30/114pm PT      More members of the Stormshield clan will be out offering their challenge in Outer Kael5:15pm PT Riddle and riddling. This time in New Halas 3/31/11 1pm PT   A game of hide and seek may be going on in the Commonlands

Disclaimer: Always remember no one can guarantee that Real Life TM will not interfere with the best laid plans in Norrath.

midnight or PM daytime?

-Stephen Colbert

CoD3 double XP Rank Up promotion lesson for kids
Brigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 06:30 PM   #62
Thornrose

Guide

Brigh wrote:

Thornrose wrote:

Another week filled with challenges and fun.

3/29/1112am PT  Someone may be out looking for help gathering berries in Thundering Steppes

midnight or PM daytime?

Sorry I was unclear and that I didn't log back in soon enough to respond before the quest.

Guide & Quest Coordinator, Freeport

SWAT
Thornrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 06:37 PM   #63
Thornrose

Guide

Monday 4/4 5:15PM PT  Visit Kelethin for some challenging riddles!

Tuesday 4/5 12:15PM PT Help a poor young Fae who's desperate for help planning a romantic dinner in Kelethin.

Wednesday 4/6 10:00 AM PT The Riddlemaster moves to Gorowyn!

Wednesday 4/6 at 3PM PT Help Menyanthes find a few good berries in Nektulos Forest!

Wednesday 4/6 4:30PM PT There may be someone desperate to tell your fortune out in the Thundering Steppes

I'll post more later.

Disclaimer: Always remember no one can guarantee that Real Life TM will not interfere with the best laid plans in Norrath.

SWAT
Old 04-11-2011, 09:15 PM   #64
Thornrose

Guide

4/12 - 9AM PT - A member of the Loresinger familiy may be looking for help in Butcherblock Mountains (And yes I do mean 9AM!)

4/12 - 5PM PT - A grumpy troll wandering around Halas is having a really bad day. If you can find him, you might be able to cheer him up if you can give him something to laugh about.

4/13 - 4:30PM PT  - There may be someone telling fortunes out in the Commonlands.

4/14 - 11AM PT - Insane things may be happening in Butcherblock Mountains.

4/14 - 4PM PT - A Fae in Kelethin may be desperately seeking help finding ingredients to finish an important romantic feast in time!

4/14 - 5:30PM PT - Hide and seek in Antonica!

SWAT
Old 04-25-2011, 08:40 PM   #65
Thornrose

Guide

4/26

At 9AM PT Someone may need help finding the answers to some riddles in Halas.

At 5PM PT Find the halfling in North Qeynos!

At 6PM PT Be on the lookout for a baby dragon in North Qeynos in need of some assistance!

4/27

At 8:30PM PT Drop by the Thundering Steppes to help someone in need of some berries.

SWAT
Old 05-01-2011, 09:10 AM   #66
Thornrose

Guide

Hello all!

Later today 5/1 - 4PM PT - The Stormshield clan will be out in Outer Kael challenging anyone experienced enough to enter the great city of Kael Drakkel!

5/3

- 1PM PT - A snooty Gnome illusionist has a challenge for all of the Commonlands! Can you find him all five times?- 4 PM PT - Someone may be desperate to tell your fortune in the Commonlands. But don't be too quick to believe everything you hear!

5/5

- 5:15PM PT - A minstrel who is too careful of their hands to do any harvesting may need your help to re-create a family heirloom in the Frostfang Sea.

More later.

SWAT
Old 05-23-2011, 06:00 PM   #67
Thornrose

Guide

Hello all - nice to be back!

Lots going on this week.

5/23

6PM PT - Go to the Frostfang Sea if you'd like to help a poor love struck gnome.

6:30PM PT - If you'd rather help out a dwarf, go to Butcherblock Mountains.

5/24

9:15AM PT - For you early birds hanging about the Frostfang Sea, there may be a young inexperienced Coldain in need of your assistance.

1PM PT - For the stout of heart, there's a troll who'll be seeking some helpers in the Thundering Steppes.

5/25

2:30PM PT - Go to Antonica to find a farmer seeking helpers.

4PM PT - Again in Antonica - some good, wet fun for the swimmers among you.

5/26

2PM PT - If you are visiting New Halas, you may find some other visitors there.

4PM PT - In Darklight Woods be on the lookout for a Ratonga with a problem.

7PM PT - Again in Darklight Woods, someone may need help with an experiment.

5/27

2PM PT - Look for a frantic gnome needing help in Timorous Deep.

SWAT
Old 05-23-2011, 08:36 PM   #68
Karrane1

Tester

SMILEY  Are the Stormshields going to be visiting again anytime soon?  I missed them by less than a minute the last time they were seen and would LOVE to get a chance to help them.

Old 05-23-2011, 10:21 PM   #69
Thornrose

Guide

Karrane1 wrote:

Are the Stormshields going to be visiting again anytime soon?  I missed them by less than a minute the last time they were seen and would LOVE to get a chance to help them.

There are no definite dates at the moment, but I wouldn't be at all surprised to see them again in the next week or so. They're a very dedicated clan!

SWAT
Old 05-25-2011, 07:34 PM   #70
Karrane1

Tester

Thanks!!!!  I will be waiting! hehe

Old 05-27-2011, 12:15 PM   #71
Thornrose

Guide

For those of you looking for the Stormshields (cough *Karrane* cough), there's a rumor they'll be around on Sunday 5/29 around 6PM PT and on Monday 5/30 around 3PM PT. They tend to hang around that massive staircase outside of the door into Kael Drakkel so I'd look for them there.

Also on 5/30 if you happen to be in Antonica, there may well be a lovestruck gnome you can help out around 9:30AM PT.

On Wednesday 6/1 around 2PM, keep an eye out in the Lesser Faydark for a gourmet cook and lover of fine food needing help finding something he needs to make the ultimate dish!

And on 6/1 around 5PM PT there may be someone who needs help combating a menace to Qeynos!

On 6/2 9PM PT Help out a troll in Steamfont Mountains. After all trolls need help too!

On 6/3 11AM PT If you happen to be in Darklight Woods, you may run across a Ratonga with a problem.

Disclaimer: Always remember no one can guarantee that Real Life TM will not interfere with the best laid plans in Norrath.

Have a great weekend and for those of you in the US please take a moment this weekend to remember those who serve in the armed forces, and their families.

SWAT
Old 05-27-2011, 03:36 PM   #72
Karrane1

Tester

/hands Thornrose some cough syrup!

Ohhhh TY!!! =)

Old 06-04-2011, 11:18 PM   #73
Bregdania
Server: Najena

Loremaster

I don't suppose those Halasian dwarves are after someone to help with their research anytime soon?

Bregdania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 08:49 PM   #74
Squeecha

Senior Guide

Nopes. I don't believe they has any plans to be out and about in the immediate future... howevers, let me share a few tidbits that should be happening over the next couple of days.

Tomorrow, Wed 6/15:

At 11 AM  Pacific time, in the Loping Plains a young Fae will be looking for help with a curse removal.

At 6:30 PM Pacific time, for those in South Freeport, there may be a bit of sightseeing going on so keep your eyes out for some individuals who definitely look like they don't fit in.

Thursday 6/16:

At 5:30 PM Pacific time, the adventurers in Antonica may be able to bring a little joy to a mother whose children are grown up and gone by playing a little game with her.

As always, these are planned, but that nasty real life thing can happen, so bear with things if they is a few minutes late.

Old 06-22-2011, 01:19 AM   #75
Luevien

Lord

My partner is a decorator, and always seems to be stumbling on items that are Guide event-only. It's appropriate for this forum that he's also a roleplayer (whenever he's given the opportunity, which I'm ashamed to admit I don't accommodate enough) and loves taking part in any guide event he sees, though sometimes he's afraid he's dominating the events when they happen-- he's very enthusiastic! (Also very well-spoken, which I think balances it all out.)

I fear I'm stepping a bit out of line by posting this here, and I certainly don't want to hurt anyone's feelings. But here's my concern: when we were on Najena, we saw events happening all the time, and they were a blast. We both had great fun doing them, him especially.

Since the server merge we've only run into one or two of them. Maybe it's just chance, I'm not sure, but it's a real disappointment. For our play-style, one of the few positive sides we expected in the merger into Unrest was that the events might be more concentrated and provide regular entertainment, but exactly the opposite has happened. I've been thinking about bringing this up for a while, but the tipping point came about tonight when he was talking to one of his good friends, a well-paid, extremely talented decorator, who like us took part in guide events on Najena regularly; she hasn't seen a single one since the merger.

I totally understand that it's a volunteer program, but I'm trying to understand how it is that, with two servers merging, one of which at least seemed to have a very active guide pool, we're seemingly seeing a vastly reduced number of events.

Wishing you all the best, and truly, thanks to the guides for your efforts.

-L

Luevien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 10:33 AM   #76
Squeecha

Senior Guide

Well, the actual number of things hasn't really gone down, but it may have shifted around some.

On average, looking over the past while, there's been at least one per day if not more. However, it's possible that the time they are run is at different times than you were seeing them before.Just yesterday, there were two run, one around the middle of the day and one later in the evening.

Plus, of course, there has been some changes in the Guides around just over time.. so it is possible that you were in a lucky position of having someone run things at just the right time for you on a regular basis who is now elsewhere. Meanwhile, others are suddenly seeing more activity than they did before at a time that coincides with their schedule. 

And there's no worries about hurting any feelings. I is sorry you haven't seen as much activity around lately, and maybe we'll gets lucky and has more around for a time you will sees them.

Old 07-11-2011, 09:55 PM   #77
Mairliana

Senior Guide

I heard some rumors about some upcoming fun and thought I would share!

One of the famous Irongutt family might be looking for some assistance in the Frostfang Sea around 5:30 pm PST on 7/13/11.

A Kerra will be looking for some help in Greater Faydark around 7pm PST.

A gnome in love might also be looking for some sort of assistance in Frostfang Sea on 7/13 around 9:30 pm PST.

For those of you obsessed with mushrooms or fungoids, I heard a rumor that something interesting will be going on in Halas on 7/14 around 11am PST. 

If you want revenge on Fairies someone in Neriak might have a task for you on 7/14 around 12 noon PST.

Someone told me they heard that there will be a special orc seeking revenge in Greater Faydark on 7/14 around 5pm PST.

The gnolls are at it again! Someone might be looking for some help in culling the gnoll population in Antonica around 6:30 pm PST.

Also on 7/14 be on the lookout for an ogre in Steamfont at 7pm PST. I hear he'll be causing lots of mischeif to the poor gnomes and might need help!

Around 9pm PST on 7/14 an old grumpy gnome might be around in the Commonlands.

Note: Due to RL things that sometimes get the best of all of us the time may vary. 

Edited to add more hints. 

Old 07-29-2011, 02:54 PM   #78
Squeecha

Senior Guide

Well, the Annual "Days of Gnomes Blowing Things Up" has begun it seems. So keeps your eyes open around Gnomeland Security and suches for some funs there.

Some of us wills be hiding out as Gnomes with fun for yous, and some of us will be there as ourselves, all at various times while this goes on.

Old 07-30-2011, 04:04 AM   #79
Aarogom

Lord

Blasted Gnomes..((No pun intended!))..always find a way to burn me. I suppose I'll have to sit by idle while they point their doohickeys and whizbangs at me? Just mind the daggers.. It's always a pain to get trinitrotolene residue off of the incardine. Maybe the little creatures can come up with a cleaning solution so I can stand to be around them? Take notes, short ones!

((Side note: Where are all the Guides? Been ages since I've spotted one to chat with. All I've had lately was some grumpy ol' bloke by the name of Pappy..I swiped his pitchfork..heh.))

Aarogom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 11:40 AM   #80
Squeecha

Senior Guide

Aarogom wrote:

Blasted Gnomes..((No pun intended!))..always find a way to burn me. I suppose I'll have to sit by idle while they point their doohickeys and whizbangs at me? Just mind the daggers.. It's always a pain to get trinitrotolene residue off of the incardine. Maybe the little creatures can come up with a cleaning solution so I can stand to be around them? Take notes, short ones!

((Side note: Where are all the Guides? Been ages since I've spotted one to chat with. All I've had lately was some grumpy ol' bloke by the name of Pappy..I swiped his pitchfork..heh.))

((Side Answer)) Hanging arounds all over the place. I personally was wandering around Gnomeland Security HQ just yesterday watching folks run all over the place past - and over - me just to grab little sparkly things.

This afternoon (Monday) at around 4PM Pacific, you mights watch around New Halas for a young Gnome who needs some help.

Old 08-02-2011, 03:47 PM   #81
Mairliana

Senior Guide

I've heard tell that the highest level players adventurers have been looking for a challenge! If you think you're strong and brave you might want to hang out in Outer Kael around 3pm.

On August 3rd around 5pm PST be on the lookout for a gnome with a rather neat new invention he needs help trying out in Qeynos Harbor!

I heard there may be some excitement going on in Steamfont on the 3rd also. And old old gnome looking for some help around 8:30pm PST. He'll only be looking for a single group of adventurers so be on the lookout! And later that same night a young researcher may be around in Gnomeland Security willing to spread around some of her knowledge!

Please note that due to unforseen circumstances these times are subject to change or may vary slightly. We do our best to get these run on time but alas that demon known as RL sometimes gets the best of us. 

Old 08-03-2011, 01:28 PM   #82
Mairliana

Senior Guide

On August 4th around 10 am PST there might be a clockwork roaming about Gnomeland Security and the surround in Steamfont looking for your help!

On August 4th around 3:30pm there might be a Fae in need of your help wandering around in Antonica. 

Hard time catching the Guides when they are on? Help one of our newer Apprentice Guides find his comrades. Chances are he'll be in Gorowyn on the 4th around 5pm PST looking for his friends.

And last but not least, my favorite one of all! On August 5th we will be holding a mighty competition! Battling in the Nude! The contest announcements will go out at 5pm PST and will only be open to the first 20 contestants who come to register with us! Come on down and show us all just how mighty you can be!

Please note that due to unforseen circumstances these times are subject to change or may vary slightly. We do our best to get these run on time but alas that demon known as RL sometimes gets the best of us. 

Old 08-04-2011, 05:31 PM   #83
Mairliana

Senior Guide

Due to some exploding tinkered thingamajigs, last nights quests in Steamfont had to be put on hold. However, I'm happy to announce that they will be around sometime in the early afternoon today! So be on the lookout. *grins*

Old 08-16-2011, 11:35 PM   #84
Squeecha

Senior Guide

We've been a bit quiet lately, not because we haven't beens doing stuff, but because we've been preparing something special fors everyone.

On this Saturday, August 20, the Unrest Guides will be having a Questapalooza Day.

"What's that?" you say. Well, we are going to be stretching ourselves to see how many we can run in a day. Over the next day or so we'll put up a list of some of the planned activities, and we'll add to it as things go along.However, there will be more running than we will list. In some cases we'll just do one at the spur of the moment, and in other cases we just don't want to spoil it. Several of us are already planning on doing at least two or three each over the course of the day, and that should add up to a good amount of fun for everyone.

So keep an eye out here, and on Saturday, keep your ears open for various announcements and requests for participants when you are in the game, and on Saturday have yourself a ball with us.

Oh, and no, this doesn't interrupt the regular ones we have scheduled before or after Saturday.

Old 08-16-2011, 11:47 PM   #85
illaria

Loremaster

WOOOHOOO This sounds exciting

illaria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 11:24 AM   #86
Squeecha

Senior Guide

Okays.. here's just a few of them. The list keeps growing though.

All of these are in Pacific Times, as always.

Not able to wait beyond the opening moments of the day, at 12:01 AM there may be a dwarven challenge in Outer Kael.

At 1 AM (yes I saids 1 AM in the morning) Gorowyn will be gettings a visit from a Riddlemaster. - To me the riddle is why they are telling riddles that early

At 1:30 AM, those in the Commonlands might look to help out a little Arasai with a task.

At 3 AM, Halas will be visited by an epicurean with a little contest.

At 6 AM in North Qeynos, someone wills be looking for a little help with some romantic issues.

At 7 AM in the Feerrott, looks for a small creature seeking your help.

At 10 AM in the Sinking Sands, an Othmir has a plan.

At 11 AM, a necromancer has an idea in the Thundering Steppes.

At Noon, in the Greater Faydark, a little Elfin girl needs your help.

At 1 PM if you are visiting the Enchanted Lands, you might consult with the Seer about your future.

At 1:30 PM, in Antonica, you might look to see a visitor to these lands.

At the same time, those interested in old weapons might check out the Butcherblock area.

At 2 PM in Timorous Deep, a jeweler has a creative block and needs assistance.

At 3 PM, in the Darklight Wood, it seems that little Elfin girls just can't stay out of trouble and *still* need help.

And at 8:30 PM, if you have some time to kill, check out the Commonlands for a spooky little scavenging assignment.

At 10 PM, a Bixie is having issues in the Sinking Sands.

At 11:30 PM, a Ratonga with issues may be found in Darklight Wood. 

As always, the usual disclaimer. We try to be on time, but that real life thing happens. If something comes up, then these are subject to change.

And this is just a partial list.

Old 08-17-2011, 11:25 AM   #87
Squeecha

Senior Guide

illaria wrote:

WOOOHOOO This sounds exciting

We hopes so!

Old 08-19-2011, 01:25 PM   #88
Squeecha

Senior Guide

Added some more to the list above for Saturday.

Old 08-19-2011, 04:14 PM   #89
Kynre

Loremaster

Awsome...  just hope I do not have to work Saturday ;(   

Anywho... would it be possible to get this forum to show newest posts first, then we don't have to go to the last page to see what is happening..

p.s.  loved the little chatting session in DLW the other day.  myself and umm cousin of mine enjoyed that !!!

Alisza: Arasai Inquisitor/Jeweler
Lieloo: Half Elf Monk/Tailor
Ellifae: Fae Ranger/Woodworker
Meybe: Arasai Warden/Provisioner
Ilbryth: High Elf Illusionist/Sage
Phyraun: Dark Elf Wizard/Carpenter
Kaennja High Elf Necomancer
Synifa Dark Elf BeastLord

UNREST [Eternal Shadows]
Kynre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 04:39 PM   #90
Squeecha

Senior Guide

I don't -think- the forum has that option.

But, you should be able to click on the "Watch This Topic" link at the bottom of the page and get notified whenever someone posts to it.