EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Planes of Prophecy Beta > Quest Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 10-26-2017, 06:08 PM   #61
Silentranger

Legacy of Power: Glimpse of the Hereother. I've been looking for the ultra-pure sands for over a day now and can't find them. Not saying they aren't there but I'd like some sort of confirmation that they are in game or not so I'm not wasting my time for nothing.
Old 10-26-2017, 06:31 PM   #62
Chillispike

Quest name: Legacy of Power: Secrets in an Arcane Land
Quest journal text: Find a away to read the inscriptions on the arcane seal remnants
Zone name: Plane of Magic

I was at 30k+ when the Signature line got added
Now i am at 43,500 faction with Pakiat and zoned into the Artisan's Prism.
I gathered the note and scribed it while inside the Artisan's Prism. Quest still says "Find a away to read the inscriptions on the arcane seal remnants"
I gathered all the items i did it for it and crafted the item.
No updates from the arcane seals

Can't procede the quest and stuck now i think
Old 10-26-2017, 06:35 PM   #63
Theodious

Quest name: Legacy of Power: Secrets in an Arcane Land
Quest journal text: Find a away to read the inscriptions on the arcane seal remnants
Zone name: Plane of Magic

Crafted the gem after scribing the recipe and collecting the salt, sapphires, and magmaflares. Go back to click on seals, and can't. They're all non-clicky for me.
Old 10-26-2017, 06:40 PM   #64
Kaitheel

Developer

FINALLY! Thank you, Chillispike! This is the cause of the update issue! The quest is supposed to have updated when you gathered the scroll, but it was only updating if you gathered it in the Plane of Magic. The Pakiat tradeskill area is actually a different zone, so it was not updating. Now I can get that issue fixed, and you (and others like you), will be able to move on after the next update.

~ Kaitheel
Kaitheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2017, 06:50 PM   #65
Kaitheel

Developer

Yes, anyone whose quest journal still says "Find a way to read the inscriptions on the arcane seal remnants" and yet have crafted an "Esoteran Reading Stone" did not get the proper quest update when they gathered the scroll in the Pakiat tradeskill area. Your quest journal should say, "Read the inscription on the western arcane seal remnants" when it is time for the seal remnants to update your quest.

After the next Beta update you will be able to return to Artisan's Prism, and gather the scroll once more to update the quest. Then, craft the Esoteran Reading Stone, once more. (The components will still be gatherable, as the quest did not update.)
The crafting step is not zone specific already.

That'll get you on track!

~ Kaitheel
Old 10-27-2017, 12:18 AM   #66
Minxy

Experienced Reaping ability will add +50 to the main gathering skills, so you would be able to reach a 600 skill level needed to harvest rares.

u don't need 600 harvesting skill too harvest rares I beta buff toon to 100 and harvested rares at 550.
Old 10-27-2017, 01:30 AM   #67
Kaitheel

Developer

The signature line changes submitted today for the next Beta update are:
  • Legacy of Power: Secrets in an Arcane Land - Gathering the Esoteran Reading Stone Scroll in Artisan's Prism will now update the quest properly!
  • Legacy of Power: Secrets in an Arcane Land - Druzzil Ro can now only be seen for particular steps of the signature quest line.
  • Legacy of Power: Hero's Devotion - Speaking with Mithaniel Marr is now a group update.
Thank you all for this ongoing feedback! It makes a huge difference!

~ Kaitheel
Old 10-27-2017, 01:42 AM   #68
Leed

'An ichorfeather acolyte' seems to have a lot more HP than any other mob in Coliseum of Valor. They have a buff that is suppose to negate 5-10 attacks, but even after you burn through that the mob seems to have an incredible amount of HP. (as in a full slate of ascension abilities at ~expert level knocks 5% health off them.)
Old 10-27-2017, 03:23 AM   #69
Cuora

I just got out of the Coliseum of Valor and I had a heck of a time in there. As above, the :an ichorfeather acolyte" I could not even make a dent in. The others, goblin, bat and spiders, I was able to kill but it took 20-30 minutes to kill one mob. 107 Wood elf Warden, completed the Yrzu faction and got improvements on what I had when I was beta buffed. I had to get out as it would have taken me all night to kill these guys. Not sure if it is me ( I was alone) or if something else is amiss. Everything was blue to me and I had no trouble killing in the overland areas. I don't expect it to be easy but I would like to be able to finish it within a reasonable period of time.
Old 10-27-2017, 04:21 AM   #70
Agulo

Quest name: Legacy of Power: Hero's Devotion / Legacy of Power: An Innovative Approach
Quest journal text:
Zone name:Coliseum of Valor / Masks of the Marvelous (solo)
Running my accounts thru the sig line and found these 2 zones to be quite a pain. As stated, above the 'An Ichorfeather Acolytes' take forever to kill, even with 2 toons, with epics, 1 in t2 ka raid gear and master + ascensions.
Second zone, Masks of the Marvelous was even more confusing. My swash with epic 2 and beta gear was dying in seconds even with the ' Fount of Power' buff running. My illy, however, with epic 2 and t2 raid gear had no problems and never came close to dying. Is the resolve check for these instances that wide or is it due to boxing toons??

Old 10-27-2017, 06:44 AM   #71
Succulent

I have also been searching for this so called super ultra-pure sands and cannot find anything that drops it or anywhere to harvest it or buy it, would love any in-site to this please and thank you.
Succulent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2017, 07:45 AM   #72
Pidz

The objectives are not spaced and the text is cut-off in the prerequisites section of the Destiny in the Plane of Prophecy and Magic Quester achievements (Quests tab).
Old 10-27-2017, 08:57 AM   #73
Chillispike

Jipiii, i'm happy to help BigGrin
Old 10-27-2017, 09:26 AM   #74
Hypozeuxis

Legcy of Power: Hero's Devotion, still takes ~80 Billion (82,617 million, according to ACT) damage to kill the first ichor feather acolyte (only 8 minutes, but enough time to use all level 10 ascensions twice). XP for the mobs is a few nundred, instead of a few thousand like overland mobs. Other two together (for AoEs) only took 13 minutes to do another 165 billion damage.

Finishing the quest gave 20 million XP (plus bonus) and capped Deity tithe at 10 ticks of 225000 (so, one quest gives about 10x more than can be used at a time - wasting 90%)
Old 10-27-2017, 11:09 AM   #75
Hypozeuxis

Legcy of PowerL An Innovative Approach
Not only do all the names in the zone have 60+ Billion HP, Giched Cell Keeper heals to 5% health any time it goes below 1%.

The Glitched Guardian10101 did 4M damage every 2 seconds, personal Dragon AA ward blocked 2.7M. Aside from like 2 hits from the sweeper, the biggest hits were trash at 1M (including all names, but jousting on text and red floor circles).

Balance between creature (epsecially named) health and damage clearly needs more tuning. The very first solo zone should not take 90 minutes to get through 4 names (I don't know if there are more in the zone because the 4th was bugged, but would have been dead by 90 minutes otherwise)
Old 10-27-2017, 12:39 PM   #76
Nelie

Legacy of Power: Through Storms and Mists
Quest Text: Find Karana

So, I use the staff to zone up to the Rainkeeper tower in Bastion: Winds of Change zone for the signature. Fount of Power buff is on. The Primordial guards have waaaaaaaaaay too much hp and randomly spike 100% or more in hp. Is there something I am missing? are we suppose to avoid these mobs? Is there a clicky I am missing?

[IMG]
Nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2017, 01:53 PM   #77
Elowith

Legacy of Power: Through Storm and Mists
Torstein emotes he drops a key, but there is no key.
Elowith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2017, 03:17 PM   #78
Elowith

Legacy of Power: Through Storm and Mists
Elif Whitewind drains too much power or the way to avoid it is not obvious.
Old 10-27-2017, 03:47 PM   #79
Kittybock

Coliseum of Valor:
Yeah, those acolytes have ridiculous HP. The other mobs were fine.
Old 10-27-2017, 04:14 PM   #80
Minxy

I am sure it is bugged the zone took me 90 minutes to finish. I am sure it will be fixed before launch.
Old 10-27-2017, 05:16 PM   #81
Kittybock

Legcy of PowerL An Innovative Approach

• Glitched Cell Keeper: Is this guy bugged or am I doing this wrong? He gets to 1% and resets to 3 or 5%. I saw someone else mention, but asking since we have other guildies about to attempt same. If he is broken, I'd rather save them the time.
  • I agree with the other comments that this zone is taking quite a bit of time on the names.
  • Also, getting numerous small chests that appear in zone, but don't seem to really have anything in them. Working as intended?
Old 10-27-2017, 05:51 PM   #82
Nelie

Agreed. It is that arcane det and by the time you cure it, there are 2 problems. You are out of power and it goes on you again way too fast (like 5 seconds maybe?)
Nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2017, 05:59 PM   #83
knine

Need for salts for the first part or make them show up on track. There are plenty of the sapphires, just hard to find the salt at all.
knine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2017, 06:27 PM   #84
Snookers

Legacy of Power: An innovative approach

Need the Magnetic ether device - cleared the zone Gears in the Machine - but the item on the left side of last room facing boss is un-clickable.
Snookers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2017, 08:05 PM   #85
Dristlin

I would have to agree on the an ichorfeather acolyte taking to long to kill. The first one I (on my warden)burned down with my merc but it took over 10 min (I used my to regen power for 36 seconds/does a full regen on first tick, so that I could spam all my attacks and keep my merc with power. the 2 and 3rd I pulled at the same thime so I could use my limited AoE to start on the second one as well as my merc aoe. The fight to kill two took so long my merc timed out from standing still. I had the last one down to 40% had to use the bathroom got up left came back my charter was still at full life, so I went to take a shower came back the fight was over.

That is not challenging, that is not fun that is a time sink for the sake of being a time sink. It is tedius and needs to be addressed. Granted wardens are not true DPS but, the fight took so long and I was able to beat the mob while afk with auto attack.
Old 10-27-2017, 08:21 PM   #86
Minxy

ya but they sung to you on death how cool is that?
Old 10-27-2017, 08:50 PM   #87
Dristlin

Fights should be some where between you just die, and hey pull then go take a bath come back and do the next pull.
The issue is that these mobs are not hard they just take forever to die, making them a tedious task. This is not a raid boss where you have to work for 5-10 minutes to kill it. This is a pull go do something else and come back.
I watched tv shows and got up and took a shower to clear these mobs, the time it takes to kill them is to long. Reduce there HP and make them more of challenge like bosses in solo instances(not that those are partially hard but at least then people would have to try and the fights would not be just masive sinks), and people would enjoy it more.

Fights that take to long and it does not matter if players are at the key board or not are just going to get people upset, and lead to rage quit.
Old 10-27-2017, 09:00 PM   #88
maxximum

Text error right after you speak to Druzzil when starting Glimpse of the Hereother:

[IMG]
Old 10-27-2017, 09:21 PM   #89
Elowith

Tower of the rainkeeper trash one shots you with deathtouch.
Old 10-27-2017, 09:24 PM   #90
maxximum

Probably not working as intended but i got round it by kiting them. Kill them all and update is unlocked.