EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Planes of Prophecy Beta > Quest Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 10-25-2017, 08:23 AM   #31
Leed

On 'Secrets in an Arcane Land' the Yrzu artisan's mesa does not have the scroll for the step 'Find a way to read the inscriptions on the arcane seal remnants.' (Also, I wouldn't have any way of knowing that I even needed to go in the artisan area if people weren't talking about in chat and saying only Pakiat artisan area is showing the scroll)
Old 10-25-2017, 11:36 AM   #32
Arcos

Ok - after this morning's update I can now see the sapphires and salts. But - I cannot interact with them. One step forward and one step back.
Arcos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2017, 12:00 PM   #33
Elinea

Thank you! Again, I think the instructions on this step need a bit of clarification. When I couldn't figure out what I was looking for and where, I turned to the wiki write up, which steered me towards those particular ignus mobs.
Elinea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2017, 12:04 PM   #34
Elinea

I found a sapphire, all the way over by where the salt is. Apparently, it's more widespread than we realized. If any ignus mob will work for their drop, then it makes sense that the sapphires and salt are spread out everywhere as well, and not just concentrated on one small part of the map.
Elinea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2017, 12:09 PM   #35
Arcos

As I said above I can find them, I just can't pick them up. Even tried deleting the signature quest and starting again - no luck. Is there a trick to picking them up I've not understood?
Old 10-25-2017, 12:17 PM   #36
krolror

first i could not see the sapphire and salt but now i can see after a fix but cannot pick them up
Old 10-25-2017, 12:31 PM   #37
Bardonio

You shire you meet the prerequisites for harvesting the materials?
Old 10-25-2017, 12:33 PM   #38
Bardonio

Apparently there are prerequisites needed in order to harvest the materials. Let’s work together and figure out what they are and get it done today!
Old 10-25-2017, 12:41 PM   #39
rytine

Got mining to 550, still can not pick up.
Old 10-25-2017, 01:23 PM   #40
Bardonio

so went into Torden bastion of thunder solo again this morning after the overnight update, and used the fount buff and trash melted but the first giant named still acts like the real heroic version with heroic mitigation. got him to 50% but the elemental on me i cannot cure and he one shots me with sandstorm. Thus, unable to advance the the signature quest from this point.
Old 10-25-2017, 01:26 PM   #41
Elowith

Bastion of Thunder - every mob drops a small chest with a little cash. Should there be an 'item' in the chests? Put the cash on the mob?
Elowith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2017, 02:12 PM   #42
Bardonio

so even after i swapped all my current gear to all the beta buff gear, Gatekeeper Karatil in bastion of thunder, very first named, acts like a true heroic mob.
Old 10-25-2017, 03:52 PM   #43
Arcos

Bardonio, what prerequisites? Yes I'm on the signature quest. Yes I've scribed the recipe and can get the first ingredient. What other prerequisites should there be for the solo signature quest's very first stage to proceed. I was one of those not even able to see the materials before this morning's update. Now I can see them but cannot interact in any way whatsoever. I could suggest you don't know what you're talking about but am prepared to be proved wrong.
Old 10-25-2017, 04:16 PM   #44
Sucha

As with others harvesting at 550 for all except fishing and cannot sea the salt, can see but not harvest the sapphire and no ignus mobs are dropping manaflares at all. No way to progress in the signature line at all.
Old 10-25-2017, 05:35 PM   #45
Taiyla

Quest name - Legacy of Power - Secrets in an Arcane Land
Quest journal text - Find a way to read the inscriptions
Zone name - Plane of Magic

I have finished all 3 factions. I zoned into the Pakiat TS instance and found the scroll and scribed it, then picked up another scroll just for fun. Did not get the update to follow the instructions. Went out and got the Ignus Manaflares, was able to see the stone and salt but couldn't harvest them. After talking with guild members I went to Vahla TS instance, destroyed the scroll in my bag and picked up the scroll in that instance and got the update to Follow the instructions. Back out into Plane of Magic and was able to harvest the stone and salt.
Taiyla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2017, 06:43 PM   #46
Kuulei

Quest name - Legacy of Power - Secrets in an Arcane Land
Quest journal text - Find a way to read the inscriptions
Zone name - Plane of Magi

I am at 42,800 faction with Pakiat and zoned into the Artisan's Prism, I gathered the note and scribed it. I can see the stone but they are not be harvested and I cannot see the salt. So I went back to the instance and harvested the scroll again and no luck, I destroyed the extra scroll, also no luck.
Kuulei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2017, 07:55 PM   #47
Malahk

Gears in the Machine (Solo)

Yesterday the last boss killed me and disappeared, never returning. Today I reset the zone and the first named 2 shots me. I basically one shot all the nameds yesterday in this zone until the last one. I'm using full mastercrafted with 536 Resolve. The Repair Bot is the first named and I can't even last ten seconds against him.

So much for the Signature Quest progression today.
Old 10-25-2017, 08:04 PM   #48
Axzsif

After Completing "Sphinx Outside the Box" the illusion dropped glitching my main mount. I was no longer able to reapply my mount or fly on my mount. However I was able to apply every single mount in my bags, and as doing so tool tip on my character sheet was going up per mount I applied.
Old 10-25-2017, 08:09 PM   #49
Yado

I actually did each of the 3 factions to 50k. 1 at a time using the faction robot after reaching each 50K. Did Pk 1st followed by Yrzu and last was Vahla. I was able to zone into Yrzu ( who at +50k with Vahla ) who i had -50k faction with tradeskill area and pick up the recipe. I then zoned into Vahla tradeskill area and didn't see the recipe until I scribed the one I had picked up in Yrzu. To be fair its not that hard nor does it take all that long to do each to 50k at all. The quests are easy and rather fast. I can say this even though I slogged through a lot of it with no walkthrough on wiki to follow. The beta has been out a week and I have done all 3 so it is not hard at all.
Old 10-25-2017, 10:07 PM   #50
Arcos

Unless the intent is for an extreme grind there is no way live release of this expansion can require completing all three factions from scratch, particularly since there won't be a beta reset to -35k as there is in beta. Just because you can get through this problem by redoing another faction does not solve the problem currently in the game. The final release must have the option to get all the way through just choosing the Pakiat faction otherwise there will be some very unhappy campers. And I'm not your pal.
Old 10-25-2017, 10:51 PM   #51
Kuulei

Okay I deleted the signature line and finished Pakiat faction timeline and I am at 50k faction.
I once again started the Signature quest, Legacy of Power: Secrets in an Arcane Land
Again, I can see the items to harvest, Luminia Sapphire and Cirussean Salt. but I am unable to click on them.
Kuulei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2017, 11:42 PM   #52
Bardonio

You have no idea what live will include. You’re playing a dangerous game of assumptions. Again, GOOD LUCK BUDDY! I hope you figure out your issue. If I could give you the extra salt and sapphires in my bags I would. Chin up sport!
Old 10-25-2017, 11:45 PM   #53
Alenna

550 you cannot finish the quest unless you are a 110 adventurer or crafter? or have lots of harvesting tools that add up to 50 more more points? at level 100 all you can reach without buff items is 500 harvesting.
Alenna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2017, 12:56 AM   #54
Sucha

Apparently you did not understand what was written. I am at level 110 and have max harvesting of 550. Thus if it requires 600 you still cannot finish it unless you have buff items. Ridiculous to require more then the standard max just to harvest items for this quest, again if that is the case.
Old 10-26-2017, 01:06 AM   #55
Anaogi

Unless the TS Prestige lines were changed (possible, haven't had time to look yet), the Experienced Reaping ability will add +50 to the main gathering skills. So 600 without buff items of any kind is quite doable.
Old 10-26-2017, 01:07 AM   #56
Kaitheel

Developer

Neither the Cirussean Salt or Luminia Sapphire have any harvest skill associated with them. That is not at play with these at all.

Likewise, your factions have no relation on seeing them or gathering them, either. It was all a bug involving quest progression.

That said, I have some good news. With the next Beta update the Cirussean Salt and Luminia Sapphire should be easier to gather. If you can see them, you should be able to gather them, until you have more than enough to suffice for the recipe.

~ Kaitheel
Kaitheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2017, 01:08 AM   #57
Yado

Experienced Reaping ability will add +50 to the main gathering skills, so you would be able to reach a 600 skill level needed to harvest rares.
Old 10-26-2017, 08:09 AM   #58
Efbomb

I am on Legacy of Power: Secrets in an Arcane Land on step 2 and i am in Khali'Vahla's Artisan Terrace with 31k faction and still can't see the scroll on the ground. Do you need to be at 50k faction to see it or is this a bug?
Old 10-26-2017, 08:15 AM   #59
brokenshieldd

brokenshieldd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2017, 08:33 AM   #60
Bardonio

i had the same issue yesterday and today. HOWEVER i went ahead and did Vahla faction to 50k today, deleted the sig quest, started it fresh and used the Vahla artisan area to gain access to the scroll and now I am freely open to all instances available atm. SO, APPARENTLY there ARE prereq's since you yourself cant harvest the nodes. But this is beta and we're hear to work out bugs and help each other. If me helping the community warrants your rudeness in telling me I have no idea what I'm talking about, then I dont know what to tell ya bud. I know what worked for me today and what didnt work for me yesterday. so there's that. GOOD LUCK TO YA PAL!