EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > Zones and Population
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 12-08-2005, 11:37 AM   #1
purge3

OoLS needs to be updated to make it a viable zone for pickup groups. Right now, its almost always empty except maybe a couple high levels doing the access quests. Almost all of the named mobs have extremely rare chances of dropping anything except the adept I chests. It is already a great place for groups to exp, but it needs the chance to drop some loot for people to come. Also in my opinion this zone seems kind of bland in terms of how it looks and is laid out. Oh and the slow opening doors can get annoying SMILEY purge383

Message Edited by purge383 on 12-07-2005 10:38 PM

purge3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2005, 12:10 PM   #2
Fistantantilus

Loremaster

in my server obelisk is perma camped by 2 farm groups.  they split the loot too so they only have about 15 fabled and/or master I spells each for sale at any given time.  so your group must have been extremely unlucky to only get wooden  chests from named there.
Fistantantilus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2005, 07:47 PM   #3
ZachBos

Loremaster

This week, my group killed about 10 named (4 named, several times and the lizard) while doing a quest, we received all wood, no metal.  No reason for us to go back now that the quest is complete.  What a waste of a decent zone (loot wise, this is still a nice XP zone.)
ZachBos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2005, 05:26 AM   #4
purge3

well anyone who has been there and not the "farmers on the server" that you speak for would know that wooden chests are 99% of drops. My group has killed at least 60 named in two nights(running all the named in the zone over and over since noone is there) and we have only received 1 master chest with a master I and 1 semi-master with a rare harvest... every single other chest was wooden. This does not include the ring event mob in the very lower section of the zone. We did not do this.

Message Edited by purge383 on 12-08-2005 04:28 PM

purge3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2005, 09:47 AM   #5
Prax

I wonder whether the scarcity of loot which pervades the whole game is dueto design or just lack of effort put into itemization...
Prax is offline   Reply With Quote