EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > Zones and Population
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 11-07-2005, 07:06 PM   #1
Skydawg

Loremaster

Dunno if this is the correct place to put this, but I don't see any other more proper place.  Bots...bots, bots, bots, and nothing, not a thing, being done about them.  3 petitions, CSR on-line sending me tells while I stand there and watch a known particular bot group run around the Feerrott, and kill the same mobs over and over, not repsond to tells, all same lvl, on-line 24/7, one moves, others only follow and act after the "main" char moves...hrrrmmm...I remember when CSR would come out and instantly invesitgate, and if the chars didn't answer or couldn't give the correct answers, or just kept botting while CSR was there, they were removed from game instantly.  Now, I get told that, "We cannot divulge the findings of our investigation, thank you for your concern in this matter" and months later the same bot is still doing the same thing.  Do we not care about Bots anymore, just let them run wild and do whatever...I know I am not the only one that has now stopped even bothering to petitoin becase CSR does nothing on my server, have talked with many a person and they all have had similar replies and have just quit, it's sad, we let bots run around doing whatever they want...:smileymad:
Skydawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2005, 07:15 PM   #2
Soveroo

Loremaster

The botting and general griefing has gotten to be really bad on Unrest, but as you said it seems pointless to bother petitioning it anymore. More like suck it up and move to another zone, except the botters are in almost all the high level zones now.
Soveroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2005, 07:29 PM   #3
big perm

Loremaster

I saw a bot group in RV a while back, they were in the same spot everyday I went by there. I was showing them to my group, and we were talking about them when another group ran by, looked at them, and then took off to get some agro and tried leading it into the bot group. It took a couple tries, and when it did agro on them they got wiped out. It was awesome.
Old 11-07-2005, 08:06 PM   #4
Skydawg

Loremaster

LOL...other things to do to botters... you can SoW the leader, or supposedly, if you guild invite them it messes up their code...I take out mobs that I know they are farming all the time, but to no avial, the mobs respawn, sigh...but all that being said, SOE NEEDS to do something, not just tell us they are looking into it, and they can't tell us the findings of their inviestigation (which as far as I can tell is non-existant).  Get rid of bots, there are servers for them, at the very least move them to one of the, what I call, ilegal servers :smileytongue: and get them off the servers where peeps wanna play and have fun, not create chars and sell, and farm for plat all day and night.
Skydawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2005, 08:14 PM   #5

General

Sadly but true i have to confirm that.

We have a bot crew on Oasis in the Obelisk of Lost Souls, serveral petitions closed without effect.

They are really good programmed, they get into the rooms just a few secs before the respawns are there.
But bit lame when u try to get the named mobs for lower access for the dragon runes.

Have to try that aggro thing, but wonder how to do it, how can i get aggro off me and on them ?
Camping might have the mobs return to their former raoming spot as well as it is not easy caming while getting hit.
Might try tartons weel that lowers aggro.

Greetz And
4534 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2005, 10:31 PM   #6
Dasein

Loremaster

Nothing you've described is a violation of the EULA.
Old 11-07-2005, 11:49 PM   #7
Vicio

Nothing you've described is a violation of the EULA.

Except botters use a third party program which is against the EULA. Furthermore, I keep seeing bots (Unrest) in The Living Tombs all the time.
Vicio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2005, 12:29 PM   #8
Iglind

General

One plat farming bot-crew gone from Faydark, more to come for sure. :smileyvery-happy: A group really made a mistake when they trained heaps of additional Feerrott lizards on my two characters... i told the offender it was a big mistake. At first he replied 'hehe'... after some OOC chat about the bot gangs and reporting them, he started to tell me 'sorry sooooory'... next meeting in about 20 minutes, the plat farmer opened a trade window offering an augmented pelt (the mob dropped version ofcourse). I declined and said he will be banned a.s.a.p because when i get mad, i dont quit. So that is one group i havent seen online for several days. Used to be online 24/7. Other groups are still around doing their thing, but seeing that the one that actually interfered with my game experience is now gone, i will surely send detailed reports about every 24/7 bot group i know about. And there are quite a few. Faydark will be dangerous ground for these bot crews, count on it.... :smileyhappy: Oh and dont get me started on the crafting bots that are connected to the IGE crews, mostly level 50 alchemists, sages, and jewelers. I can and will point out at least one of them, with undisputeable evidence, just to make SOE realise they are out there and need to be banned too. The adventuring bot-crews also cant be 'investigated' for weeks and months, they freaking level up to 47 and hunt Feerrott+nameds in 13 days from date of creation (!!). 13 days to near level 50? Yes, this new group sure did that. Icekiss leads this pack of MegaBot 2.x controlled characters. :smileysad: Server: Faydark Icekiss Aegean Aleik Morgenthau Motgomery Mountbatten Guild: Brothers Pledge SOE staff, feel free to kick them right away even though i havent sent a report yet hmm? :smileywink: Note that this crew was out there farming efficiently after 2 weeks of creation (October 22) so... SOE staff obviously cant 'investigate' them too long, or they will already have introduced tons of black market coin and items in the game world. GM's need to take reports seriously and at the very least temporarily suspend bot-crew accounts while Investigating them. They cant be left running around. Not on my server anyway... :smileymad: Why not introduce you to this level 60 crew aswell, been online 24/7 in Pillars of Flame for many many days now. :smileymad: Server: Faydark Polosilence Customeb Aitlicos Gifthooks Rivesalon Woodmands Guild: Really I must join one of their guilds... they look so small and uber, or something. Note i dont post any 'evidence' this time, but even if This Page says this and that about naming these types of things, i dont feel like spending time with 'evidence' just today. I will get to work on this issue though, bet on it. IGE and other businesses better stay away from Faydark, and you guys at SOE better listen and Act when people send information. Acting on information means banning accounts. These kind of 24/7 groups are so obvious. Crap gear, lots of coin, never grouping with Real gamers etc etc... get to work SOE. Right this week, not the next. I will be annoying Customer Service about these things until the server i play on is as clean as possible. So far so good, one group is gone. I wont give up, from the incident with the group that tried to kill me, i will consider reporting bot-groups being part of my game. I roleplay, i am a high elf, and so for whatever its worth the plat farmers are the bad guys. They need to be defeated just as much as the next skeleton or zombie in the game. :smileytongue: late note: I sent a copy of this post as a /petition with a link to this forum topic. So this information is going to Customer Service aswell. Next post related to this will have 'evidence' and more names.
Iglind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2005, 02:04 PM   #9
StoneySilen

General

I think SOE has stopped banning Bots because they need the subs more then the bannings perhaps?

At least Blizzard is proactive in preventing bots.
Old 11-09-2005, 03:59 PM   #10
Arielle Nightshade

Loremaster

I can almost deal with bots...and just not buy anything from them.  Until they decide (on the Oggok server) that Lavastorm is prime pickings for loot, and they will train mobs on anyone who comes in to get rid of them quickly to have all the stuff to themselves.

Except...writs are there.  So, it's either don't do those writs, or prepare to die a lot.  Cause CS (Gms..whatever..) don't do anythign about it. /petition got no response whatsoever..on 3 separate occasions - same botter and crew.

Arielle Nightshade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2005, 10:43 AM   #11
Dasein

Loremaster

Except botters use a third party program which is against the EULA. Furthermore, I keep seeing bots (Unrest) in The Living Tombs all the time.

Only if it allows for unattended play.
Old 11-10-2005, 07:07 PM   #12
WooTast

General

Try actually reading the EULA. Unattended play is only ONE type of violation that the bots as described are guilty of: 9. You may not use any software to modify the Software to change Game play. You may not create, facilitate, host, link to or provide any other means through which the Game may be played by others, such as through server emulators. You may not decrypt or modify any data transmitted between client and server and you may not use, post, host or distribute macros, “bots” or other programs which would allow unattended game play or which otherwise impact game play. You may not take any action which imposes an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on our infrastructure.

Caswydian wrote:

Only if it allows for unattended play.
Old 11-10-2005, 10:51 PM   #13
Dasein

Loremaster

So which aspects of the EULA you cited apply? For example, modifying a wireless keyboard so that multiple computers can use the same input is not prohibited, but this would greatly facilitate controllling multiple characters.
Old 11-10-2005, 11:48 PM   #14
Cuz

Loremaster

If they are farming plat, they are more than likely selling plat. That is a violation. I figured that the exchange servers would let Sony be more agressive in there approach. At best it let Sony take a cut of the profits.

one immature posted

------------------------------------------------------------
Cuz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2005, 12:01 AM   #15
WooTast

General

The issue is not what you can do that is not prohibited, but rather what is prohibited.  Neither a wireless keyboard or its driver is Software. "You may not use any software to modify the Software to change Game play."  Botters use software that modifies the Software, which results in changed Game play. That, of course, is prohibited by the EULA.

Caswydian wrote:
So which aspects of the EULA you cited apply? For example, modifying a wireless keyboard so that multiple computers can use the same input is not prohibited, but this would greatly facilitate controllling multiple characters.

Old 11-11-2005, 12:18 AM   #16
Dasein

Loremaster

"You may not use any software to modify the Software to change Game play."  Botters use software that modifies the Software, which results in changed Game play. That, of course, is prohibited by the EULA.
So how is it that custom UIs are allowed, as explicitly stated by SOE? It would seem that the Software, as defined in the EULA does not cover that aspect of the software.
Old 11-11-2005, 05:08 AM   #17
crowell00

Loremaster

Caswydian wrote:

So how is it that custom UIs are allowed, as explicitly stated by SOE?

Didn't you just answer your own question?
crowell00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2005, 03:31 AM   #18
Vicio

Anyone else feel this Cas fellow is a botter?
Vicio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2005, 03:41 AM   #19
VizP

Loremaster

Yes it seems mindnumbingly clear just what it is about botting or the behaviour of these toons that is a violation of the EULA but this one individual doesnt seem to get it. I get the feeling he does but usually when people enegage in acts, they like to believe they are validated in doing them. I think perhaps SOE need to take a look at the accounts linked to this individual and the characters within SMILEY If he is in fact a botter, posting on these forums protecting botting is probably one of the stupidest things one can do.
VizP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2005, 05:23 AM   #20
Dasein

Loremaster

Why do you feel the need to engage in such obvious ad hominem arguments?

What it comes down to is that playing multiple accounts is not a violation of the EULA - if I can control 6 characters at once, I can. No one has presented an argument against this, nor is there one because it is not prohibited by SOE. People assume that those who are playing multiple accounts at once are also engaged in other behavior which is prohibited, and while there may be a correlation between such behaviors, the mere presence of the former does not necessitate the latter.

Old 11-12-2005, 01:12 PM   #21
Iglind

General

I play two characters at the same time myself, two computers, two keyboards, no software to help. That isnt really difficult to do. Playing 4-6 characters at the same time requires a lot more, and here is the point... NOBODY plays 6 accounts 24/7, without doing quests, without buying good equipment for their mucho earned plat, without communicating with other players much, without sleeping regularly etc etc. Nobody. If anyone can point me to one single person who does play the style the plat-farming botted teams do, feel free to do so. Also be prepared to have that person share detailed information about How he plays his group, with photos of the computer setup and all. I will be happy to see how that is done. I do know about using wireless keyboards to 'do the same keypress' etc on more than one computer at the same time. But that is just about the limit to what is actually allowed in the game. No software may be used to assist in controlling characters, period. So with me 'two-boxing' (as the term seems to be) i can say without a doubt, that six-boxing 24/7 is just not doable within the game rules. I actually saw some of the worst plat-famers online again lately. :smileysad: SOE doesnt boot them all. Maybe they did get rid of the ones that actually interfered with my own gaming, but they sure dont remove the new teams when reported. As it is, one 24/7 team in Feerrott has managed to pile up enough plat in their bank to be among the Top 10 wealthiest on Faydark. Quite an achievement, since that likely means close to 100 plat banked. Ready to sell for real world $. Well i cant be bothered anymore to even care. This is the job of SOE employees, and they better kick these teams off the game servers waaaay more efficiently, or the game economy will end up very skewed. What bugs me is that people are actually paying for the coins, somewhere. That is after all what motivates the plat farming crews. Oh well... i decided to keep playing my game, and let SOE deal with the plat farmers. Here is the rich crew, was 4 characters when i saw them earlier, may be one more now or even 6 since these people always have resting accounts waiting to replace banned characters. Uhawkia Flysky Oanuhi and one more i cant remember the name. But they are grouped all the time ofcourse... easy enough for SOE staff to find them, if they bother. :smileymad: Faydark Wealthy Top 100 once that group started farming away in the jungle, they apparently bank several plat per day. No wonder, since the group never needs to rest and work the mobs every hour possible. It is painfully obvious to me, who knows many of the players on Faydark (not personally, but known by name/guild etc) to point out the plat farming operations just by looking through the Top 100 richest list once in a while. So how are some of the farmers spotted? Well one day they have tons of coin banked (hence top 100 listed) a few days later, they may be gone. Plat sold. Repeat procedure. They sure dont buy items for their mucho earned plat, these teams just Earn the coins, then Send it away. Should ring alarm bells at SOE in my opinion since that is a common occurence with all plat farming crews. Earn coin, 'give' it away to an IGE mule or whoever. Earn more coinc, give it away once again. No item buying etc etc... Oh by the way SOE, i dont care if you lock this topic or suspend me from forum posting because i dont provide 'evidence' about these plat farming crews. If one of those things happen because of this post or my previous, it only shows me that you arent willing to enforce the game rules. So go ahead SOE start wiping out the plat farming crews, or dont. Up to you guys really... :smileywink: Oh and lets not forget the crafting-botters who also do their part of the farming for dollars. Faydark Server again... Ghudeocin Ethaopu I could name and shame one more who work with those two, but i wont since that could be considered 'speculation'. Now i was going to screenshot these two names 24/7 every 5 minutes for whatever number of days needed to prove my point. They dont sleep much for sure... But i wont. I will leave it up to you guys working at SOE to do your jobs. Reason i cant be bothered ( i screenshotted for 8 hours though...) is that it occupies one of my 2 accounts, wich means it interferes with my daily addictive gaming. So no 'evidence' here, except whatever the INSANE amount of workshop tasks completed might be for a clue... :smileyindifferent: You never know though, if SOE doesnt start enforcing game rules, i might make them look stupid by doing a 7 day time-compressed video/animation from the crafting corner where these 2-3 crafting botters hang out just about 24/7. What's it going to be SOE? Do i need to waste my precious game time to assist you? Feel free to respond actually, because if you need evidence regarding these crafters, i sure as hell can get it. I will need to be rewarded with one month free game time for that though. As stated before, it doesnt take a brain surgeon intelligence level to pinpoint these type of crews. A similar stop-motion video can prove the adventuring bot-teams are out there 24/7 aswell, but that is a little more complicated since they need to be followed around, and may go into rather dangerous areas. Oh well... enough for now, back to the game. :smileytongue:

Message Edited by Iglindor on 11-12-2005 12:13 AM

Old 11-12-2005, 01:43 PM   #22
Iglind

General

To play two characters at the same time, i have two keyboards, two mousies, two monitors, and two computers. Nothing spectacular about it really, the secondary character when adventuring in my case is there for healing and a little additional damage. :smileyhappy: Anyway one wireless mouse not in the blurry picture since i had to click 'capture' with that one to wake up the webcamera. Digital camera was out of battery, not much interesting in my computer corner anyway... :smileytongue: I have 10 meter cables going to the 2 computers, because i prefer to have the computer-noise outside the room aswell. But the point is, playing 4+ accounts requires a lot more than this. And even if 6 accounts might possibly be played from 2-3 computers (or 1 very powerful?) i do not see how controlling the followers is doable without help from software. Windowed accounts? Well then how do you 'focus' more than one game window... dont say some people have 6 arms and 6 brains... :smileytongue: Crafting from two accounts at the same time also works fine, just make non-important items on the secondary character so quality isnt important. :smileyhappy: But someone go ahead and show me a setup for playing 6 accounts, with an explanation on how it is done without any help from additional software. 1 main character + 5 secondary 'of the same class' i can possibly understand. But beyond that, i dont see how 5 different (or 2-3 different) type classes on auto-follow can be controlled as efficiently as the plat farming crews do it. Until proven otherwise, i say it isnt doable without assisting software. But then again, i know very well there is software out there to assist. MegaBot 2.x ring any bells... :smileymad: Ok back to 'dual-box' crafting some things. Being a crafting nut, i like the new quicker experience gain a lot... wee! :smileytongue:
Old 11-12-2005, 07:27 PM   #23
Venzule

Loremaster

Iglindor wrote:

To play two characters at the same time, i have two keyboards, two mousies, two monitors, and two computers. Nothing spectacular about it really, the secondary character when adventuring in my case is there for healing and a little additional damage. :smileyhappy: Anyway one wireless mouse not in the blurry picture since i had to click 'capture' with that one to wake up the webcamera. Digital camera was out of battery, not much interesting in my computer corner anyway... :smileytongue: I have 10 meter cables going to the 2 computers, because i prefer to have the computer-noise outside the room aswell.

But the point is, playing 4+ accounts requires a lot more than this. And even if 6 accounts might possibly be played from 2-3 computers (or 1 very powerful?) i do not see how controlling the followers is doable without help from software. Windowed accounts? Well then how do you 'focus' more than one game window... dont say some people have 6 arms and 6 brains... :smileytongue:

Crafting from two accounts at the same time also works fine, just make non-important items on the secondary character so quality isnt important. :smileyhappy: But someone go ahead and show me a setup for playing 6 accounts, with an explanation on how it is done without any help from additional software. 1 main character + 5 secondary 'of the same class' i can possibly understand. But beyond that, i dont see how 5 different (or 2-3 different) type classes on auto-follow can be controlled as efficiently as the plat farming crews do it. Until proven otherwise, i say it isnt doable without assisting software.

But then again, i know very well there is software out there to assist. MegaBot 2.x ring any bells... :smileymad:

Ok back to 'dual-box' crafting some things. Being a crafting nut, i like the new quicker experience gain a lot... wee! :smileytongue:

You can simply buy a converter that you plug the monitor into alone with the keyboard and mouse.  Then it has two attachments to goto two computers.   With a simple double tap of the scroll lock you switch computers.

Works ingame also, ive been doing it since EQ1.

Old 11-12-2005, 11:39 PM   #24
Iglind

General

I know about KVM switches, i actually have one for up to 4 computers. When playing two characters at the same time, i prefer to see both though. And i use both computers for other things than gaming too, so always had two monitors for them. Used to have one keyboard/mouse for both computers earlier though, when i didnt 'use' them both at the same time. Then switching between them with special keyboard commands worked fine. However controlling character groups of up to 6, is a little more complicated. Hence my reasoning that a High percentage of the groups of 4+ running around on auto follow are not true gamers playing for fun, but people working the in-game coin for real world $. 6 accounts is starting to cost a noticeable amount of dollars per month too. Not an obstacle for everyone ofcourse, but still... i doubt there are many real game players at all 'boxing' with more than 3 accounts at once. And certainly not the play style the plat farmers do it, just running around the same routines every day as long as they are not kicked. One group Feerrott/Cazic, one might run around farming nameds all over (EL, Zek etc etc) and whatever their 'schedule' is, they usually dont leave to do anything else. Only time they have a break is to beam back to an inn room and add adepts/masters, and mob dropped rares to sell. Interesting piece of business opportunity: If player A illegally buys plat off (lets say...) IGE and uses them to buy a much wanted Master 1 skill he/she sees on the broker... chances are the coin go right back to the farming crews.  :smileysurprised: Talk about nice if or when that happens, they can sell the plat twice only 20% lost to the broker.
Old 11-13-2005, 05:48 PM   #25
Venzule

Loremaster

Iglindor wrote:
I know about KVM switches, i actually have one for up to 4 computers. When playing two characters at the same time, i prefer to see both though. And i use both computers for other things than gaming too, so always had two monitors for them. Used to have one keyboard/mouse for both computers earlier though, when i didnt 'use' them both at the same time. Then switching between them with special keyboard commands worked fine. However controlling character groups of up to 6, is a little more complicated. Hence my reasoning that a High percentage of the groups of 4+ running around on auto follow are not true gamers playing for fun, but people working the in-game coin for real world $.

6 accounts is starting to cost a noticeable amount of dollars per month too. Not an obstacle for everyone ofcourse, but still... i doubt there are many real game players at all 'boxing' with more than 3 accounts at once. And certainly not the play style the plat farmers do it, just running around the same routines every day as long as they are not kicked. One group Feerrott/Cazic, one might run around farming nameds all over (EL, Zek etc etc) and whatever their 'schedule' is, they usually dont leave to do anything else. Only time they have a break is to beam back to an inn room and add adepts/masters, and mob dropped rares to sell.

Interesting piece of business opportunity: If player A illegally buys plat off (lets say...) IGE and uses them to buy a much wanted Master 1 skill he/she sees on the broker... chances are the coin go right back to the farming crews.  :smileysurprised: Talk about nice if or when that happens, they can sell the plat twice only 20% lost to the broker.

[expletive haxx0red by Raijinn] do you talk this much in RL?   You seem very high strung and chatty...   not a flame,  im just curious.  SMILEY

and yeah, I used to run 2 monitors also when playing EQ1.   Made life much easier to see both at the same time.   Now with the switch its almost instance back and fourth that I dont need the other monitor.

6 accounts is nuts!! At least for one MMO.  It all my days of MMO's ive never had more than 2 accounts.   (For each MMO I was playing of course SMILEY )

Right now I have 1 EQ2 account,  2 SWG accounts,  1 WOW account, 1 EQ1 Account. (Or it could be cancelled not sure)

Old 11-14-2005, 06:33 PM   #26
UnderToad

Loremaster

SOE <3 bot teams Seriously though, if you don't like it, leave.  I don't mean that inflammatorily (sp?), personally I agree with the critics but if anyone thinks SOE cares about their opinions they need to wake up and smell the robust black coffee.  The only way you'll get your opinion across is by cancelling more accounts than the plat harvesters pay to keep running.  : )

Message Edited by UnderToad on 11-14-2005 05:36 AM

UnderToad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2005, 03:13 AM   #27
Iglind

General

"SOE <3 bot teams" Well i am bound to agree, they might like the numerous account subscriptions. That however, doesnt change the fact that in any way being involved with the plat farming/buying/selling business outside of Station Exchange servers is against the game rules. SOE are not enforcing their own set of rules, and they do NOT listen well enough to players who care about the long term of game playability. I reported several of Faydarks most notorious plat farmers, and a few of the crafting botters too. One might think something comes out of having 3 different CS persons respond and claiming they will investigate and take action 'if warranted'... well they dont act. I just confirmed that one reported plat farmer unloaded 50+ plat to a mule who will sell it onwards for real $$$... how pathetic SOE!! I even told your CS person to make sure that exact thing could not happen! Did that person listen? No. You arent doing near enough over there. :smileymad: Well give it one more week of ignorance SOE, and i'll sacrifice one of my accounts to show some crafting botters being active with no need to sleep, ever. And just wait until i get upset enough to follow plat farmers in Feerrott 24/7 too, i do have the means to do it. And it will show you people at SOE that i am Right, and your CS staff is not. Sooner or later, i will clean up on Faydark you can bet on that. Because i dont plan to leave, i plan to stay, for a long time. I talk so much, because i hate the existance of the black market in a Game. You dont buy extra money if you cant win in Monopoly do you? Nope. Only in computer games like this one... :smileysad: edit: One thing strikes me just now though. Perhaps its time to start reporting CS staff, and communicate with people above their heads, people who actually have some balls to deal with this widespread game rule/law violation.

Message Edited by Iglindor on 11-16-2005 02:20 PM

Old 11-17-2005, 12:51 PM   #28
Renvhoek

Loremaster

Caswydian wrote:

Why do you feel the need to engage in such obvious ad hominem arguments?

What it comes down to is that playing multiple accounts is not a violation of the EULA - if I can control 6 characters at once, I can. No one has presented an argument against this, nor is there one because it is not prohibited by SOE. People assume that those who are playing multiple accounts at once are also engaged in other behavior which is prohibited, and while there may be a correlation between such behaviors, the mere presence of the former does not necessitate the latter.

What you are talking about is not botting and is perfectly acceptable, no one is arguing against your point, quite frankly i don't understand why you bring it up. Unfortunately you're blind to what others see as botting (typically to farm platinum and sell it for real money). Botters are very obvious, they rarely log out (except when servers go down), they have insane npc kill totals, they also are rarely on the wealthiest players list (they sell the money the make via farming with bots). My solution:  GET RID OF AUTO-FOLLOW...... yes this is a nice thing and people like to use it, but this could at least be a termporary stop to botting, or at least make it harder for people to bot. I think a previous poster hit the bullseye tho, soe doesn't want to ban anymore botters, there's so many of them and that's a ton of money they would lose.
Old 11-17-2005, 06:55 PM   #29
Lintr

It's pretty obvious bot groups generate coin for selling for real money.. with that, i must ask you, is it really that [expletive haxx0red by Raijinn]ING hard to track their platinum / account and see whether ultimately, the platinum does get sent away at a large amount to the person buying or a "delivery" account?
Old 11-17-2005, 07:24 PM   #30
Iglind

General

It wouldnt be difficult for SOE to get rid of most of the plat farming/buying/selling if they Really wanted. IGE/Supersales now has 50 plat heaps up for sale to accompany the 30 plat heaps up for sale a week ago. How is this going to be SOE... Think i will go dig up the old forum posts from Smedly/Devs stating that with the launch of Station Exchange, these things would be dealt with more efficiently on regular game servers. Not seeing that lately for sure... :smileyindifferent: Erase all plat seller & mule accounts, transfer all black market plat buyers to SE servers (where they belong!) and let the rest of us have a game experience without all that crap. Thanks. :smileytongue: