EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > Zones and Population
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 12-08-2005, 04:21 AM   #1
Jgok

Loremaster

Leveling up my alt, I've been running mostly exp zones and some instances with a guildie of mine who two-boxes. Exp is easy to find for a trio, but the right instanced zones are a little tougher to come by sometimes. It's been so long since I've done the level 40's zones that I truly can't remember where to go anymore, beyond a few places SMILEY

Our group is a 49 Berserker, 46 Paladin, and 45 Mystic (sometimes mentoring a 33 Wizard). Both tanks are fairly well equipped (full ebon and half adept 3's on my Paladin, with Fabled weapons and shield).

With this group, we've had no trouble lately doing Chamber of Immortality (1-2 Fabled), Overlord's Throne Room (1-2 Fabled), and Chamber of Rulgax (1 Fabled), plus of course the named in RE itself (usually a few Legendary and maybe one Fabled in a night). That's a nice haul for a night's work, but we'd love to see some different instances or exp zones.

We tried some of the named in Rivervale last night (Dusk Maiden, Hammerthorn, Oak Matriarch, the named tree beside the Matriarch), but the loot there was worse than the junk from RE named, and the named Nightbloods for the old DT access quest still drop no loot (even the x2 mob there). Lavastorm is a bit much for the trio as yet, and most of CT is too densely packed to do with just the three of us, at least until we gain some levels or add a second healer.

Now, I know that the level 50 instances (Vault of Flames, Miragul's Menagerie, whatever that instance in CT is, etc...) are out of reach for us without adding another healer and some DPS. Are there any other instanced zones with decent loot and challenge out there that we can try? Anything where the named are between levels 35 and 45 would be fine. I was thinking of Icespire Summit as a possibility, but I don't know how we'd fare against the raid chick in there (probably not too bad, just take bloody forever).

EDIT

On a similar note, were RoV, RE, and CT the only zones that were "Loot Revamped?" The named drops in RV have always been... less than stellar... but now, compared to what is available in RE there is no reason at all to ever go to Rivervale, once you have completed your Heritage quests there.

Message Edited by Jgok on 12-07-2005 06:47 PM

Old 12-09-2005, 03:13 AM   #2
Sylvrin

Loremaster

I'm not sure if you're just looking for a new place to hunt, exp and have fun, or if you're looking for good loot.  But whatever the case, The Tombs of Night is good for level 35-45.  All Splitpaw instances scale from 20-50 so they are always a good choice.  Deathfist Citadel and Nektropos Castle might also be right up your alley.
Sylvrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2005, 05:36 AM   #3
Jgok

Loremaster

Hmmm... I had completely forgotten about ToN, that's a good possibility.

I'm not realy looking for exp zones, we can find exp just about anywhere (did a whole level last night in CT, so now I'm 47 on the Pally SMILEY ). I'm mainly looking for instanced zones for loot and 'something different.'

DFC is worth a shot, we should be able to take even Fyst with the three of us (the Berserker dinged 49 tonight). Nek Castle we've done a couple of times, but the Berserker's computer doesn't like the fog in the zone, so he crashes a fair bit there.

Thanks for the tips SMILEY Like I said, it's bene a while since I've done the T4 and T5 instances on my main, so I couldn't remember half of them, lol.