EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > PVP Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 06-06-2010, 09:37 PM   #1
EQ2Player

Loremaster

Folks obviously play on PVP servers to have combat engagements with other players. But speed enhancements have really detracted from this experience.

EQ2 developers and the marketplace seem to have an epidemic for continuously offering speed enhancements to players. Whether its a RAF cloak, Collector Edition Mount, Marketplace Item, or now the rediculous disc with in-combat movement speed. Please cut it out.

Whether players want them or not, they'll always obtain the latest greatest mount just to remain compeitive. Enough already. Folks run by you so fast nowadays you can't hardly click them and say Hi. Where's the fire? Can we get off the speed enhancement bandwagon and find something else to reward players with? Really, get more creative.

Two years from now we should all be running at roughly 150% or more at the rate things are going. Why even make us travel...just let us click a point on the map and teleport.

Also, there is nothing more silly than a 2 foot Ogre. I have a Magic Moppet like most folks and think they're rediculous on a PVP server. I'd like to see this removed from Nagfen.

Old 06-06-2010, 10:04 PM   #2
Stuckx
Server: Nagafen

Loremaster

Being able to escape,or catch someone by running faster than them is part of PVP,whether you like it or not. Just because your tired of people getting away when you're about to kill them,doesn't mean we should all give up our mounts just so we can die to the 30 or so FOTM rangers plucking arrows into us freeps.

Stuckx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 12:42 AM   #3
EQ2Player

Loremaster

Didn't mention anything about getting away.

The theme of the post is to stop adding more and more speed to mounts. Thats it. People move around way to fast as is. Ceiling needs put on this run/mount speed.

Old 06-07-2010, 12:45 AM   #4
Taldier
Server: Venekor
Guild: Opus Dei

Loremaster

EQ2Player wrote:

Didn't mention anything about getting away.

The theme of the post is to stop adding more and more speed to mounts. Thats it. People move around way to fast as is. Ceiling needs put on this run/mount speed.

No one can run faster than 100% ever.  /thread end

Taldier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 09:42 PM   #5
Gimet
Server: Vox

Loremaster

I actually agree. You get a mount for doing...absolutely nothing tbh. And I'm not talking about lame 30% mounts. People are getting mounts that top people's spent aa and class esnhancements. Level 10s shouldn't be running around at 60+% in my opinion...

Gimet is offline   Reply With Quote