EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > The Tavern > Norrathian Homeshow
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 07-17-2008, 12:30 PM   #1
Eveningsong

Tester

There was a key line in the GU47 Test patch notes last night which caught my eye and I thought I'd mention it so that people who really care will be prepared SMILEY. Oh and they fixed a couple of items too SMILEY
From patch notes - Test Update July / 16 / 2008

House items now observe the 'Lore' flag, allowing only one of a lore item to be placed in a home. The 'lore' flag has been removed from house items and pets that are primarily decorative in nature.

The mounted claw and fist of pestilence should now mount on a wall with the hand facing outwards.The ornate spoon, fork, and knife should place more accurately on flat surfaces.

Now my Test toon doesn't have anything that is lore in her house (as far as I know) so I've copied my Live main over to Test_Copy to try to see what exact effect it will have on her stuff. She has at least 2 Stein of the Moggok and all of the current red shiny lore items. Of course, it does say that the lore flag has been removed from some items too, so I'm not sure if it will really have much of an impact on our houses at all. And presumably if items are already placed they won't be affected, probably if you just pick it up, but we'll have to see. It will be unfortunate to be restricted to one of each red shiny item in a given house, but I am also wondering if it will mean you won't even be able to have a second one placed in an alts house. Part of me can see them wanting to keep the items somewhat limited and therefore more special, especially as the shiny's are so easy to get if you have the solstice earring, but the decorator in me is sad SMILEY.Edit: my mistake, the red shiny's are no-trade, not lore as Domino pointed out SMILEY
Eveningsong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 04:29 PM   #2
freel

General

Please see Domino's post and my second post before believing anything I say here. SMILEYI recently picked up my house items to redecorate one of my alts houses. She had more than one of the purple wisps flowers that you get from the newbie quest in Castleview Hamlet. Now she only has one. I had no idea that picking up her stuff would take away the extra lore items or that the rewards from the quest was lore. I thought all this had been fixed and done awhile ago. I haven't had the heart to look to see what else she might not have anymore. The flowers were easy to notice as I put out my vases and only had one flower to go with the more than one vase.Also, I noticed that the lore tag has not been removed from the AA mirrors. I know some people have some marvelous designs done with those mirrors. I never finished mine for fear it would not be something I could keep in the long haul.Again, I thought all this lore business had been settled long ago. I've been meaning to write about the new rewards from the red shiney's. Some of those cry out to have more than one in a house, in particular the lamps. One is just not enough.
freel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 05:49 PM   #3
SilkenKidden

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:
I recently picked up my house items to redecorate one of my alts houses. She had more than one of the purple wisps flowers that you get from the newbie quest in Castleview Hamlet. Now she only has one. I had no idea that picking up her stuff would take away the extra lore items or that the rewards from the quest was lore. I thought all this had been fixed and done awhile ago. I haven't had the heart to look to see what else she might now have anymore. The flowers were easy to notice as I put out my vases and only had one flower to go with the more than one vase.Also, I noticed that the lore tag has not been removed from the AA mirrors. I know some people have some marvelous designs done with those mirrors. I never finished mine for fear it would not be something I could keep in the long haul.Again, I thought all this lore business had been settled long ago. I've been meaning to write about the new rewards from the red shiney's. Some of those cry out to have more than one in a house, in particular the lamps. One is just not enough.

Oh no.  I spent a whole afternoon creating high elf, doing that quest for the lovely purple wisps, deleting elf, over and over until I could almost cover the dirt patch in the attic with purple wisps.  Now should I expect to see only one?  Why would we be restricted to only one of these lovely items? 

I agree about the lamps.  I even have two star charts in one house.  I really don't want to lose one of these?  Do the extra items just disappear? 

SilkenKidden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 06:04 PM   #4
Domino

Loremaster

There seems to be a lot of misinformation in this thread.The Green Wisp plants are not now and as far as I can tell never have been Lore.  The tradeskill collection quest rewards (lanterns, pianos, star charts, etc) are not now and never have been Lore.  The collectibles themselves are, yes ... but not the rewards.The only item I'm aware of that still has the Lore tag is the Achievement mirror, this is because only one will actually work.  It's a tool and there was a real reason to make it clear to people they should only be buying one.  That said, if you love the look of the mirror, the Gorowyn tradeskill faction merchant sells a slightly larger mirror with the exact same graphic, just purple gems rather than blue, so there is an alternative available (not to mention the other mirrors that exist in the game which can create other interesting looks).  And as stated previously, anybody who has already made some fancy decorations with Achievement mirrors isn't going to be affected anyway, the mirrors will remain placed in the room as they are now, there would only be an issue if they picked up and tried to re-place the mirrors.The patch note highlighted above should be pretty much a non-event since there should be almost nothing affected at all by the change.  However, please do take advantage of Test Copy server to check it out, and if there any other house items besides the Achievement mirror which appear to still have a Lore flag, please /bug it or post here and we will look into it. SMILEY
Domino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 06:05 PM   #5
Amphibia

Loremaster

I'm on Test right now, and the purple wisps don't appear to be LORE to me. Nor did they disappear. The mirrors are still LORE though, I think... and I really hope they won't just vanish, because I used them in one of my houses.... On other news, we do indeed get to decorate the guild halls! I found out by clicking on house items, it says "This item can be placed in your house, or guild hall." SMILEYEdit: ((Thanks for clearing that up, Domino. Didn't see your reply before I posted. SMILEY ))

Amphibia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 06:23 PM   #6
freel

General

Thank you very much, Domino, for posting to clarify things.So, the extra purple wisps should not have disappeared? If that's the case, I'm willing to take a chance and create characters again to do the quest to get back what was lost. But if they disappear again, I'm going to cry.I apologize if I in anyway contributed to bad information going out. But I was pretty sure that the collection rewards were lore. I just re-examined and see that they are no trade. While I'm sorry I posted something that was wrong, I'm glad because I've been wanting to put more than one of the lights in my house and was afraid to. At least this has educated me about something. Maybe I'm not the only one of the world that just didn't look close enough. DOH.How do you get faction with the Gorowyn tradeskill folks if you aren't a citizen of Gorowyn? I would be willing to get the faction is its possible on my Qeynosians. I do think people should know that decorations made with the AA mirrors will disappear if they pick up their items to redecorate. I was silly and didn't equate "pick up" to redecorate with "pick up" to move.I guess all in all, I see I've been pretty silly (not observant enough?) about more than one thing. I try, truly I do.Anyway, I'll try with the wisps again. I'm not being silly when I say that at least two disappeared when I picked up one of my houses to redecorate. Two perfectly nice high elves gave their lives to get those extras, which are no more.If I could learn how to get tradeskill faction for a town that I'm not a citizen of that would be cool because I really wanted to make one of the AA mirror designs and bought up a ton of the shards to do so (before they were dirt cheap I might add). The only thing I did right was not actually make the mirror. I'm hoping someday new housing might go into the game and I would be tempted to move but couldn't because ... well, I'll hush before you all suspect I'm certifiable.
freel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 07:22 PM   #7
Effi

General

DominoDev wrote:
The only item I'm aware of that still has the Lore tag is the Achievement mirror, this is because only one will actually work.
This is not true. As it currently stands on Live servers, you can have more than one alternate profile. I currently have two mirrors in my home that carry two different profiles, giving me 3 in total (including the one that is active on my character).I would certainly appreciate continuing to be able to keep this functionality. As it stands for many classes there isn't much need for the flexibility of more than two profiles so this doesn't affect many people, however I find it useful for swapping into very specialized AA specs depending on raiding targets.If possible can you examine the viability of removing the Lore tag and allowing us to use these as they currently are?Thank you for your consideration.
Effi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 01:53 AM   #8
Bozidar

Loremaster

How will the room-version of HQs be affected by this change in 47?
Bozidar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 01:57 AM   #9
Oh

General

Bozidar wrote:
How will the room-version of HQs be affected by this change in 47?
This was actually addressed a while ago. Sorry I don't remember the exact GU, but basically once you make a HQ a house item it looses it's lore tag.
Old 07-18-2008, 03:17 AM   #10
Amitee

Loremaster

How does this effect L&L items, HQ items, and armor sets on manniquins?  I've been plopping that stuff down in one house for years between all my characters, including some that have gone onto toon heaven.  I really, really cringe at straightening that mess out... lol.  Especially since the lore items aren't tagged to which character they belong to. 
Old 07-18-2008, 09:25 AM   #11
Shareana

Lead Volunteer Moderator

I found the old post from Domino when she first announced the change.  Perhaps it can answer some lingering questions of those that may have missed it.

Shareana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 02:20 PM   #12
Amitee

Loremaster

Ok, I dug through the 11 page post and found some snipets from Domino on what is covered (A post spanning from March to May 200SMILEY:_________________________________________________ _____________As an update ... at this point it looks like the lore tag has been removed from:
  • heritage quest house item versions
  • books
  • city and faction merchant items
  • quest reward house items
  • live event reward house items
  • house pets/arena pets
  • any other things they could find that were categorized as a house item that don't fall into any of the above...
I think this covers pretty much everything mentioned so far above, but once it is all checked and ready there should be time to poke around on Test server, and if anything did get missed it will most likely not be a major drama to correct.
__________________________________________________ _____________________________________Collection rewards = quest items so should be covered.  Live event rewards like Brew Day stuff, music boxes, and snow globes = quest items so should be covered.  A chessboard is either the Qeynos Guard faction reward (covered) or the EoF blue collection quest reward (also covered) so should be good.  I believe the claimed veteran rewards were also included.  And, there isn't anything specifically being planned for the future that I'm aware of that does need to be Lore, but who knows, it's always nice to have options.  SMILEY_________________________________________________
Old 07-18-2008, 02:38 PM   #13
Eveningsong

Tester

FYI, I checked the Stein of Moggok, of which I have multiple of in my house that was copied to Test Copy, and it is NOT flagged as lore when in house item mode. 
Eveningsong is offline   Reply With Quote