EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

 

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > PVP Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-02-2008, 07:43 PM   #31
Vydar
Server: Vox
Guild: Crimson
Rank: Leader

Loremaster
Vydar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 362
Default

hosuke wrote:

Get to use posions that proc far to often that do more damage them most people melee.

Get healing poisions, Oh yes i see, stabing someone would heal you >_>

Get poisions that detaunt(target removing pvp) because it isnt like they get enough class detaunts evades is it..

Why can they track, and do insane DPS and use shields and Stun lock, and debuff with taunts that have low timer so they can keep removing buffs, why can they debuff so much that it turns plate armor into cloth armor and cloth armor into umm, a naked player.

Why can they run at near 80% speed, Why can they get away from any pvp fight they chose with out risk, WHy can they spec for tanking and do as well as any tank.

Why can they get more health then a main tank, Why are they able to kill anyone in 6 sec flat pvp with no effort at all.

Why do they get all this and more with no sacrifice at all!!

Other classes sacrifice alot to get gains into what they want to do, Wizard lose tons of damage for defence, guardians los tons of damage for defence, druids cant be both healer and dps, they cant have it both ways, they are pvp spec or raid spec not both, no matter the char you pick you have to SACRIFICE alot.

SCOUT GET IT ALL WITH NO SACRIFICE AT ALL! how is this fair to the rest of us, why do they get so much with no loss to any thing. the higher tehy get the more overpowered they become, i mean jesus look at them at level 80... its [I cannot control my vocabulary].

Seriously BUff other classes or nerf them but do some thing

I don't play an assassin anymore in PvP, I play berserker.The "heal" you speak of is very slight and it procs 5x a minute for a max of maybe 1k hp.  No fights last this long.  With haste, let's SAY that the person is using mastercrafted and let's SAY that it actually proc'd and let's SAY that he has a lot of haste and a long delay weapon.  An average fight is 5-10 seconds, so it proc'd what... twice?  Maybe a 500 point heal?  Maybe?  Who doesn't have self heals anymore?Most people melee for 500+ damage.  Scout dps poisons (Caustic in pvp, most dont' use hemo cuz it takes too long to tick) do maybe... 300 in pvp.  If they proc.  The only scouts that habitually use shields tbh are bards, sometimes swashies and rangers, but not typically.  Brigands either use 1h with lunge reversal or dual wield, assassins use dual wield, rangers and swashies usually dual wield.  ONE scout class can run that fast, and that's Rangers.  And that's because everything they do is ranged, so they must be able to get that far out quickly.  The only classes that can spec for tanking are swashies and brigands, and that's because they don't have the burst dps that assassins and rangers get.  They are the tougher, debuffing/tanking scout, while Assassins and Rangers are the DPS scout.  (this is not to say, of course, that swashies and brigands can not dps, since they do it quite well.) I haven't seen a scout with more HP than me yet.  If they do, they had to devote a lot of AA points into it (AssassinsRangers must spend 16 points, Brigands/Swashies must spend more) and have good gear that they earned.  What do scouts sacrifice?They sacrifice the longterm dps that mages get for short term burst dps.  They sacrifice the mitigation/HP of a tank, the heals of a healer, the utility of a support class, for just straight DPS.I assume you play a cloth class, probably a summoner since you seem to know nothing of how mages can fight back.  If you're a summoner, I'm sorry, you're [Removed for Content] either way.  If you're a Coercer/Illy, Wizard/Warlock, there are plenty of ways to win and defeat scouts. 
Vydar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 07:43 PM   #32
Sightless

Loremaster
Sightless's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,199
Default

[email protected] wrote:
My favorite is still when someone says the name of a Brig/Swash player and says "Oh he is a good player"    I just laugh.  Pick the easiest class to play and kill everyone 1v1 and is considered a good player.Also in regards to rangers being gimped....   I PvP as a duo all the time with a ranger.   Cloth goes down in approx 4 secs, unless Sniper Shot is used, then clothie is dead in two secs.   I agree they seem to be at the bottom of the four uber scouts.   But  if they were so bad,  you wouldn't see an over abundance of them.  They still out parse Wiz and Locks.
Please tell me you're on Venekor.. I want to see this Ranger out parse my Warlock.
__________________
Doing your own thing isn't good, if it prevents others from doing their own thing.
Sightless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 07:51 PM   #33
Darkor
Server: Nagafen
Guild: Nexus
Rank: Ancient and Mummified

Loremaster
Darkor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Germany
Posts: 1,957
Default

Sightless wrote:
[email protected] wrote:
Sightless wrote:
[email protected] wrote:
Sightless wrote:
[email protected] wrote:

When i see someone who plays a Swashie, Ranger or Brigand, and to a less extent assassin, I know they like it easy. Which is entirely fair enough, its their money, and they may well have other harder classes too. And lets face it, if no one played the easier classes, the game would be more boring.

At the end of the day though, everyone who plays knows which classes are easier, and which aren't. You won't be respected as much for, say, winning a 1v1 or having a higher title on an 'easier' class. And in the end, apart from having fun oviously SMILEY<img src=" width="15" height="15"> , I hope most people would rather be knwon for being more respected and liked, rather than having a higher title/KvD etc. (note: the two aren't, of course, mutually exclusive).

Yet my Warlock who is 59 now is twice as powerful than my 74 Ranger.. I've been timing my kills on level 70 bots and it infuriates me how powerful the Warlock is, when my Ranger has been destroyed. Not to mention the power I've also been seeing on my Guardian.

Not sure how you can get as powerful as killing someone in 2 seconds, unless you're claiming u can kill someone in 1 second on your warlock.

As a coercer, if i let a ranger out of a 5m distance for more than 4 seconds, im dead, simple as.

Rangers are not killing in 2 seconds. I lost 60% of my damage when they removed Focus Aim. Unless Coercors are having heart attacks the second a Ranger attacks you, something is wrong. And I can kill you no matter what with my Warlock in four seconds.

I played a warlock for long time and I also have a 60 ranger. If your warlock is on naggy evil side, Ill show you what rangers do to warlocks everytime when played properly. Grats you can kill bots so can I and everyone else that knows how to enter a password to post on this forum. My ranger is far far far more powerful than any warlock could hope to be.

Sorry Venekor. Dhye, I've killed two exiled Rangers at the same time! I was so excited, and scared too! Both were Champions, me a Destroyer. I know what I do on my Ranger to cloth casters, and I was actually intimidated for once. First I didn't engage, I ran to the nearest cover, got behind it and waited for one of them to come into view, killed him in two spells, both critically hit him of course and the second one I charged before he could get off anything substantial and killed him in three spells. I wasn't even in the red yet, and hadn't used Manashield.

They came back while i was questing and I was forced to Manashield and I for fun hit Focus Casting and dropped them both in five seconds. But hey, I cheat as a caster I'm told because I have See Stealth + See Invis up all the time and I use Stun/Stifle immunity potions.

You wouldn't kill me in your wettest dreams.

Fraps it or it didnt happen.
__________________
Steal 90 Assassin

Darkor 90 Swashbuckler

Daerkin 90 Shadowknight

Daerkor 90 Templar

Ajjantis 90 Warden

Melodic 90 Dirge

Dayo 90 Monk

Rasiel 88 Conjuror

Razyeel 70 Wizard

Biyon 65 Beastlord
Darkor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 10:16 PM   #34
Shadow_Viper

Loremaster
Shadow_Viper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 438
Default

hosuke wrote:

Get to use posions that proc far to often that do more damage them most people melee.

Get healing poisions, Oh yes i see, stabing someone would heal you >_>

Get poisions that detaunt(target removing pvp) because it isnt like they get enough class detaunts evades is it..

Why can they track, and do insane DPS and use shields and Stun lock, and debuff with taunts that have low timer so they can keep removing buffs, why can they debuff so much that it turns plate armor into cloth armor and cloth armor into umm, a naked player.

Why can they run at near 80% speed, Why can they get away from any pvp fight they chose with out risk, WHy can they spec for tanking and do as well as any tank.

Why can they get more health then a main tank, Why are they able to kill anyone in 6 sec flat pvp with no effort at all.

Why do they get all this and more with no sacrifice at all!!

Other classes sacrifice alot to get gains into what they want to do, Wizard lose tons of damage for defence, guardians los tons of damage for defence, druids cant be both healer and dps, they cant have it both ways, they are pvp spec or raid spec not both, no matter the char you pick you have to SACRIFICE alot.

SCOUT GET IT ALL WITH NO SACRIFICE AT ALL! how is this fair to the rest of us, why do they get so much with no loss to any thing. the higher tehy get the more overpowered they become, i mean jesus look at them at level 80... its [I cannot control my vocabulary].

Seriously BUff other classes or nerf them but do some thing

Yet another anti-scout post. SMILEY  Scouts are fine as they are, they do not need nerfed(nor does any other class).

1) Having a problem with getting poisoned?

Build up your poison resists, problem solved.

2) Find that you're getting ambushed by scouts alot?

Use see stealth/invis totems and pay attention to your surroundings, problem solved.

Instead of making a thread calling for scouts to be nerfed, your time would've better been spent making a thread on your class' section of the forums asking for advice on dealing with scouts. SMILEY

Shadow_Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 11:09 PM   #35
Fonrian

Loremaster
Fonrian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: US and A!
Posts: 57
Default

What amazes me most is how many times the same things can be said over and over again over hundreds of different threads.  This entire thread, replies and all, could be found in a post within the first month of PvP servers being launched, and 5 times a week thereafter. 
__________________
Fonrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 11:59 PM   #36
Sightless

Loremaster
Sightless's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,199
Default

Ajjantis wrote:
Sightless wrote:
[email protected] wrote:
Sightless wrote:
[email protected] wrote:
Sightless wrote:
[email protected] wrote:

When i see someone who plays a Swashie, Ranger or Brigand, and to a less extent assassin, I know they like it easy. Which is entirely fair enough, its their money, and they may well have other harder classes too. And lets face it, if no one played the easier classes, the game would be more boring.

At the end of the day though, everyone who plays knows which classes are easier, and which aren't. You won't be respected as much for, say, winning a 1v1 or having a higher title on an 'easier' class. And in the end, apart from having fun oviously SMILEY<img src=" width="15" height="15"> , I hope most people would rather be knwon for being more respected and liked, rather than having a higher title/KvD etc. (note: the two aren't, of course, mutually exclusive).

Yet my Warlock who is 59 now is twice as powerful than my 74 Ranger.. I've been timing my kills on level 70 bots and it infuriates me how powerful the Warlock is, when my Ranger has been destroyed. Not to mention the power I've also been seeing on my Guardian.

Not sure how you can get as powerful as killing someone in 2 seconds, unless you're claiming u can kill someone in 1 second on your warlock.

As a coercer, if i let a ranger out of a 5m distance for more than 4 seconds, im dead, simple as.

Rangers are not killing in 2 seconds. I lost 60% of my damage when they removed Focus Aim. Unless Coercors are having heart attacks the second a Ranger attacks you, something is wrong. And I can kill you no matter what with my Warlock in four seconds.

I played a warlock for long time and I also have a 60 ranger. If your warlock is on naggy evil side, Ill show you what rangers do to warlocks everytime when played properly. Grats you can kill bots so can I and everyone else that knows how to enter a password to post on this forum. My ranger is far far far more powerful than any warlock could hope to be.

Sorry Venekor. Dhye, I've killed two exiled Rangers at the same time! I was so excited, and scared too! Both were Champions, me a Destroyer. I know what I do on my Ranger to cloth casters, and I was actually intimidated for once. First I didn't engage, I ran to the nearest cover, got behind it and waited for one of them to come into view, killed him in two spells, both critically hit him of course and the second one I charged before he could get off anything substantial and killed him in three spells. I wasn't even in the red yet, and hadn't used Manashield.

They came back while i was questing and I was forced to Manashield and I for fun hit Focus Casting and dropped them both in five seconds. But hey, I cheat as a caster I'm told because I have See Stealth + See Invis up all the time and I use Stun/Stifle immunity potions.

You wouldn't kill me in your wettest dreams.

Fraps it or it didnt happen.
I'll check, but I don't think I've seen any of your fraps proving what you've said. I've seen a couple fraps with you in it, one golden child showing how good your guild/groups are in PvP.
__________________
Doing your own thing isn't good, if it prevents others from doing their own thing.
Sightless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 12:22 AM   #37
Darkor
Server: Nagafen
Guild: Nexus
Rank: Ancient and Mummified

Loremaster
Darkor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Germany
Posts: 1,957
Default

Sightless wrote:
Ajjantis wrote:
Sightless wrote:
[email protected] wrote:
Sightless wrote:
[email protected] wrote:
Sightless wrote:
[email protected] wrote:

When i see someone who plays a Swashie, Ranger or Brigand, and to a less extent assassin, I know they like it easy. Which is entirely fair enough, its their money, and they may well have other harder classes too. And lets face it, if no one played the easier classes, the game would be more boring.

At the end of the day though, everyone who plays knows which classes are easier, and which aren't. You won't be respected as much for, say, winning a 1v1 or having a higher title on an 'easier' class. And in the end, apart from having fun oviously SMILEY<img src=" width="15" height="15"> , I hope most people would rather be knwon for being more respected and liked, rather than having a higher title/KvD etc. (note: the two aren't, of course, mutually exclusive).

Yet my Warlock who is 59 now is twice as powerful than my 74 Ranger.. I've been timing my kills on level 70 bots and it infuriates me how powerful the Warlock is, when my Ranger has been destroyed. Not to mention the power I've also been seeing on my Guardian.

Not sure how you can get as powerful as killing someone in 2 seconds, unless you're claiming u can kill someone in 1 second on your warlock.

As a coercer, if i let a ranger out of a 5m distance for more than 4 seconds, im dead, simple as.

Rangers are not killing in 2 seconds. I lost 60% of my damage when they removed Focus Aim. Unless Coercors are having heart attacks the second a Ranger attacks you, something is wrong. And I can kill you no matter what with my Warlock in four seconds.

I played a warlock for long time and I also have a 60 ranger. If your warlock is on naggy evil side, Ill show you what rangers do to warlocks everytime when played properly. Grats you can kill bots so can I and everyone else that knows how to enter a password to post on this forum. My ranger is far far far more powerful than any warlock could hope to be.

Sorry Venekor. Dhye, I've killed two exiled Rangers at the same time! I was so excited, and scared too! Both were Champions, me a Destroyer. I know what I do on my Ranger to cloth casters, and I was actually intimidated for once. First I didn't engage, I ran to the nearest cover, got behind it and waited for one of them to come into view, killed him in two spells, both critically hit him of course and the second one I charged before he could get off anything substantial and killed him in three spells. I wasn't even in the red yet, and hadn't used Manashield.

They came back while i was questing and I was forced to Manashield and I for fun hit Focus Casting and dropped them both in five seconds. But hey, I cheat as a caster I'm told because I have See Stealth + See Invis up all the time and I use Stun/Stifle immunity potions.

You wouldn't kill me in your wettest dreams.

Fraps it or it didnt happen.
I'll check, but I don't think I've seen any of your fraps proving what you've said. I've seen a couple fraps with you in it, one golden child showing how good your guild/groups are in PvP.
What do you want to see frapsed, i actually have no problem delivirng evidence of what i am saying on this board.
__________________
Steal 90 Assassin

Darkor 90 Swashbuckler

Daerkin 90 Shadowknight

Daerkor 90 Templar

Ajjantis 90 Warden

Melodic 90 Dirge

Dayo 90 Monk

Rasiel 88 Conjuror

Razyeel 70 Wizard

Biyon 65 Beastlord
Darkor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 12:25 AM   #38
Sightless

Loremaster
Sightless's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,199
Default

Ajjantis

I want to see a fraps of your Fury fighting a Swashbuckler, your Brigand killing "equal" level Furies. I want to see a fraps with you in it, that shows you actually know what you're talking about it. Not fraps that show you standing there, doing absolutely nothing to save yourself, while your group, (with a tracker in it) runs in circles while a Ranger is killing you.

I'll await these fraps.

__________________
Doing your own thing isn't good, if it prevents others from doing their own thing.
Sightless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 01:46 AM   #39
Darkor
Server: Nagafen
Guild: Nexus
Rank: Ancient and Mummified

Loremaster
Darkor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Germany
Posts: 1,957
Default

Sightless wrote:

Ajjantis

I want to see a fraps of your Fury fighting a Swashbuckler, your Brigand killing "equal" level Furies. I want to see a fraps with you in it, that shows you actually know what you're talking about it. Not fraps that show you standing there, doing absolutely nothing to save yourself, while your group, (with a tracker in it) runs in circles while a Ranger is killing you.

I'll await these fraps.

I am not going to fight a swashbuckler anymore, the last fight vs faerie i wasted 2 potions and 2 miracles and it was still impossible to get her down. She resisted 4 spells in a row and due to her weapon she is immune to any snare and root effects. No thanks

__________________
Steal 90 Assassin

Darkor 90 Swashbuckler

Daerkin 90 Shadowknight

Daerkor 90 Templar

Ajjantis 90 Warden

Melodic 90 Dirge

Dayo 90 Monk

Rasiel 88 Conjuror

Razyeel 70 Wizard

Biyon 65 Beastlord
Darkor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 01:59 AM   #40
Spyderbite
Server: Venekor
Guild: Dark Vengeance
Rank: Member

Loremaster
Spyderbite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 4,262
Default

Csky wrote:

i love when they say "learn to play your class if you have a problem with scouts" when they are immune from unwanted PVP and have the ability to pick and choose fights they can win.. and they dont even have to be choosy

Spyderbite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 02:40 AM   #41
Shadow_Viper

Loremaster
Shadow_Viper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 438
Default

Ajjantis wrote:

I am not going to fight a swashbuckler anymore, the last fight vs faerie i wasted 2 potions and 2 miracles and it was still impossible to get her down. She resisted 4 spells in a row and due to her weapon she is immune to any snare and root effects. No thanks

Please take a look at this thread.   Welcome to the Jungle: EQ2 PVP

The class boards are also extremely useful!

Furies

Shadow_Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 02:54 AM   #42
Sightless

Loremaster
Sightless's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,199
Default

Ajjantis wrote:
Sightless wrote:

Ajjantis

I want to see a fraps of your Fury fighting a Swashbuckler, your Brigand killing "equal" level Furies. I want to see a fraps with you in it, that shows you actually know what you're talking about it. Not fraps that show you standing there, doing absolutely nothing to save yourself, while your group, (with a tracker in it) runs in circles while a Ranger is killing you.

I'll await these fraps.

I am not going to fight a swashbuckler anymore, the last fight vs faerie i wasted 2 potions and 2 miracles and it was still impossible to get her down. She resisted 4 spells in a row and due to her weapon she is immune to any snare and root effects. No thanks

I guess you have to keep that title some how huh?
__________________
Doing your own thing isn't good, if it prevents others from doing their own thing.
Sightless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 04:00 AM   #43
BWLeeEllison

Loremaster
BWLeeEllison's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: San Antonio, Texas
Posts: 358
Default

keLston wrote:
L2P.Maybe that's rude but not figuring out how to play your class and then screaming at us about it is rudererer.

LOL'd

[email protected] wrote:

Csky wrote:

i love when they say "learn to play your class if you have a problem with scouts" when they are immune from unwanted PVP and have the ability to pick and choose fights they can win.. and they dont even have to be choosy

ROFLMAO!

BWLeeEllison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 05:34 AM   #44
Oneira

Loremaster
Oneira's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 461
Default

[email protected] wrote:
hosuke wrote:I don't play an assassin anymore in PvP, I play berserker.The "heal" you speak of is very slight and it procs 5x a minute for a max of maybe 1k hp.  No fights last this long.  With haste, let's SAY that the person is using mastercrafted and let's SAY that it actually proc'd and let's SAY that he has a lot of haste and a long delay weapon.  An average fight is 5-10 seconds, so it proc'd what... twice?  Maybe a 500 point heal?  Maybe?  Who doesn't have self heals anymore?Most people melee for 500+ damage.  Scout dps poisons (Caustic in pvp, most dont' use hemo cuz it takes too long to tick) do maybe... 300 in pvp.  If they proc.  The only scouts that habitually use shields tbh are bards, sometimes swashies and rangers, but not typically.  Brigands either use 1h with lunge reversal or dual wield, assassins use dual wield, rangers and swashies usually dual wield.  ONE scout class can run that fast, and that's Rangers.  And that's because everything they do is ranged, so they must be able to get that far out quickly.  The only classes that can spec for tanking are swashies and brigands, and that's because they don't have the burst dps that assassins and rangers get.  They are the tougher, debuffing/tanking scout, while Assassins and Rangers are the DPS scout.  (this is not to say, of course, that swashies and brigands can not dps, since they do it quite well.) I haven't seen a scout with more HP than me yet.  If they do, they had to devote a lot of AA points into it (AssassinsRangers must spend 16 points, Brigands/Swashies must spend more) and have good gear that they earned.  What do scouts sacrifice?They sacrifice the longterm dps that mages get for short term burst dps.  They sacrifice the mitigation/HP of a tank, the heals of a healer, the utility of a support class, for just straight DPS.I assume you play a cloth class, probably a summoner since you seem to know nothing of how mages can fight back.  If you're a summoner, I'm sorry, you're [Removed for Content] either way.  If you're a Coercer/Illy, Wizard/Warlock, there are plenty of ways to win and defeat scouts. 
Assuming you do not get resisted somewhere between 1-5 times in a row.
Oneira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 07:57 AM   #45
Vydar
Server: Vox
Guild: Crimson
Rank: Leader

Loremaster
Vydar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 362
Default

Oneira wrote:
[email protected] wrote:
hosuke wrote:I don't play an assassin anymore in PvP, I play berserker.The "heal" you speak of is very slight and it procs 5x a minute for a max of maybe 1k hp.  No fights last this long.  With haste, let's SAY that the person is using mastercrafted and let's SAY that it actually proc'd and let's SAY that he has a lot of haste and a long delay weapon.  An average fight is 5-10 seconds, so it proc'd what... twice?  Maybe a 500 point heal?  Maybe?  Who doesn't have self heals anymore?Most people melee for 500+ damage.  Scout dps poisons (Caustic in pvp, most dont' use hemo cuz it takes too long to tick) do maybe... 300 in pvp.  If they proc.  The only scouts that habitually use shields tbh are bards, sometimes swashies and rangers, but not typically.  Brigands either use 1h with lunge reversal or dual wield, assassins use dual wield, rangers and swashies usually dual wield.  ONE scout class can run that fast, and that's Rangers.  And that's because everything they do is ranged, so they must be able to get that far out quickly.  The only classes that can spec for tanking are swashies and brigands, and that's because they don't have the burst dps that assassins and rangers get.  They are the tougher, debuffing/tanking scout, while Assassins and Rangers are the DPS scout.  (this is not to say, of course, that swashies and brigands can not dps, since they do it quite well.) I haven't seen a scout with more HP than me yet.  If they do, they had to devote a lot of AA points into it (AssassinsRangers must spend 16 points, Brigands/Swashies must spend more) and have good gear that they earned.  What do scouts sacrifice?They sacrifice the longterm dps that mages get for short term burst dps.  They sacrifice the mitigation/HP of a tank, the heals of a healer, the utility of a support class, for just straight DPS.I assume you play a cloth class, probably a summoner since you seem to know nothing of how mages can fight back.  If you're a summoner, I'm sorry, you're [Removed for Content] either way.  If you're a Coercer/Illy, Wizard/Warlock, there are plenty of ways to win and defeat scouts. 
Assuming you do not get resisted somewhere between 1-5 times in a row.
With how retardedly high spells are hitting for in t8, they should be resisted quite a bit.9k Ice Bolt in PvP is stupid.
Vydar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 08:06 AM   #46
GrignakOw

General
GrignakOw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 23
Default

I say let the Swashys and Brigands keep their DPS,just remove resists and ill be happy(for pvp of course).And if they dont want to remove resists then i say halve their damage on all the CA's and auto attacks in pvp.
GrignakOw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 08:09 AM   #47
Vydar
Server: Vox
Guild: Crimson
Rank: Leader

Loremaster
Vydar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 362
Default

[email protected] wrote:
I say let the Swashys and Brigands keep their DPS,just remove resists and ill be happy(for pvp of course).And if they dont want to remove resists then i say halve their damage on all the CA's and auto attacks in pvp.
Cuz both of these statements make sense.  So... you can get +defense on your gear, +parry, +agi, etc.But we shouldn't be able to resist anything?  When nukes hit for more than 4 CA's in a row hit for?  (except for Assassins who can ONLY land this kind of damage from stealth)A good Sorcerer can tear a scout to pieces already.  Remove resists?  /laff
Vydar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 09:05 AM   #48
Elephanton

General
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 985
Default

[email protected] wrote:
A good Sorcerer can tear a scout to pieces already.  Remove resists?  /laff
LOL, what kind of scout is that???Yeah we all know no scouts get stifles, stuns, interrupts, mezzes and all that crap that makes it impossible for sorcs to cast their long casting spells. THAT ALONE is already balancing enough for not having resists at all. Not even talking abour track etc.
Elephanton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 09:07 AM   #49
Vydar
Server: Vox
Guild: Crimson
Rank: Leader

Loremaster
Vydar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 362
Default

ElephantonRU wrote:
[email protected] wrote:
A good Sorcerer can tear a scout to pieces already.  Remove resists?  /laff
LOL, what kind of scout is that???Yeah we all know no scouts get stifles, stuns, interrupts, mezzes and all that crap that makes it impossible for sorcs to cast their long casting spells.
And no sorcerers carry freedom of mind pots that make all of this useless.  Nor do they get god abilities to give immunity to any of it.  Oh, and they definitely don't spec for int + power to make their manashield as effective as possible.  Nor do warlocks spec for focused casting to be immune to interrupts and to cast much faster.  Give me a break.
Vydar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 09:09 AM   #50
Roald

Loremaster
Roald's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: London
Posts: 1,417
Default

[email protected] wrote:
Oneira wrote:
[email protected] wrote:
hosuke wrote:I don't play an assassin anymore in PvP, I play berserker.The "heal" you speak of is very slight and it procs 5x a minute for a max of maybe 1k hp.  No fights last this long.  With haste, let's SAY that the person is using mastercrafted and let's SAY that it actually proc'd and let's SAY that he has a lot of haste and a long delay weapon.  An average fight is 5-10 seconds, so it proc'd what... twice?  Maybe a 500 point heal?  Maybe?  Who doesn't have self heals anymore?Most people melee for 500+ damage.  Scout dps poisons (Caustic in pvp, most dont' use hemo cuz it takes too long to tick) do maybe... 300 in pvp.  If they proc.  The only scouts that habitually use shields tbh are bards, sometimes swashies and rangers, but not typically.  Brigands either use 1h with lunge reversal or dual wield, assassins use dual wield, rangers and swashies usually dual wield.  ONE scout class can run that fast, and that's Rangers.  And that's because everything they do is ranged, so they must be able to get that far out quickly.  The only classes that can spec for tanking are swashies and brigands, and that's because they don't have the burst dps that assassins and rangers get.  They are the tougher, debuffing/tanking scout, while Assassins and Rangers are the DPS scout.  (this is not to say, of course, that swashies and brigands can not dps, since they do it quite well.) I haven't seen a scout with more HP than me yet.  If they do, they had to devote a lot of AA points into it (AssassinsRangers must spend 16 points, Brigands/Swashies must spend more) and have good gear that they earned.  What do scouts sacrifice?They sacrifice the longterm dps that mages get for short term burst dps.  They sacrifice the mitigation/HP of a tank, the heals of a healer, the utility of a support class, for just straight DPS.I assume you play a cloth class, probably a summoner since you seem to know nothing of how mages can fight back.  If you're a summoner, I'm sorry, you're [Removed for Content] either way.  If you're a Coercer/Illy, Wizard/Warlock, there are plenty of ways to win and defeat scouts. 
Assuming you do not get resisted somewhere between 1-5 times in a row.
With how retardedly high spells are hitting for in t8, they should be resisted quite a bit.9k Ice Bolt in PvP is stupid.

Pretty sure bolt of ice in a wizard spell, not all 4 of these classes. I know warlocks can hit pretty hard too.

I don't know about Illys, and Im only level 70 atm, but I've never heard of a coercer hitting for more than 3k in 1 nuke. And until someone gets lucky with shockwave M1, i doubt that this will change dramatically SMILEY

__________________
Lickle

Milambers

Qtoon

Roald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 09:22 AM   #51
Siphar

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 1,322
Default

hosuke wrote:

Get to use posions that proc far to often that do more damage them most people melee.

Lie lie and lie. My poisons do no where near as much damage as my melee. Disproved

Get healing poisions, Oh yes i see, stabing someone would heal you >_>

They proc what? 4 times/min and heal for around 100-200. This helps but is it will never save you as a "heal". Disproved

Get poisions that detaunt(target removing pvp) because it isnt like they get enough class detaunts evades is it..

I havent looked at these in a while, but last time I checked they proc 4 times/min with a 5% chance to break target. Disproved

Why can they track, and do insane DPS and use shields and Stun lock, and debuff with taunts that have low timer so they can keep removing buffs, why can they debuff so much that it turns plate armor into cloth armor and cloth armor into umm, a naked player.

1). They do insane dps because they offer little else. 2). Only brigs can stun lock and debuff significantly (other classes debuff isn't very good tbh. Disproved

Why can they run at near 80% speed, Why can they get away from any pvp fight they chose with out risk, WHy can they spec for tanking and do as well as any tank.

Only poorly spec'd rangers can run at high speed. Even bards struggle to get above 50% and have to wear the Jboots. All teh other classes run at around 16% without a totem (which are freely available on teh broker btw for EVERYONE) Disproved

Why can they get more health then a main tank, Why are they able to kill anyone in 6 sec flat pvp with no effort at all.

My assassin at 80 has around 9k hp, M1/adp3 T8 spells, 136AA and legendary/fabled gear with adorns. Any plate tank below this HP is in nub gear with no AA. Sk's I hear get low hp relative to other plate tanks but they heal with almost every hit (reaver line), have wards and a PT which heals them. Disproved

Why do they get all this and more with no sacrifice at all!!

They sacrifice utility spells (except bard)

Disproved

Other classes sacrifice alot to get gains into what they want to do, Wizard lose tons of damage for defence, guardians los tons of damage for defence, druids cant be both healer and dps, they cant have it both ways, they are pvp spec or raid spec not both, no matter the char you pick you have to SACRIFICE alot.

MY assassins sacrifices plenty of potential dps by goign defensive thanks a lot.

SCOUT GET IT ALL WITH NO SACRIFICE AT ALL! how is this fair to the rest of us, why do they get so much with no loss to any thing. the higher tehy get the more overpowered they become, i mean jesus look at them at level 80... its [I cannot control my vocabulary].

Lies

Seriously BUff other classes or nerf them but do some thing

Hahha

BS post imo. You basically get owned everytime a scout looks at you because you have put little to no time in preparing for battle, you lack or BOTH
Siphar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 09:28 AM   #52
Siphar

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 1,322
Default

Kratoswrath wrote:

Not all scouts are overpowered only swashies and brigands are. They are supereasymode. Track a vulnerable victim, 1 2 3 4 5, rinse and repeat for 80% of fights. And i dont think the problem is with them.

QFE

Why even say that "all" scouts are OP when they are clearly NOT.

Siphar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 09:32 AM   #53
Siphar

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 1,322
Default

Ajjantis wrote:
Sightless wrote:

Ajjantis

I want to see a fraps of your Fury fighting a Swashbuckler, your Brigand killing "equal" level Furies. I want to see a fraps with you in it, that shows you actually know what you're talking about it. Not fraps that show you standing there, doing absolutely nothing to save yourself, while your group, (with a tracker in it) runs in circles while a Ranger is killing you.

I'll await these fraps.

I am not going to fight a swashbuckler anymore, the last fight vs faerie i wasted 2 potions and 2 miracles and it was still impossible to get her down. She resisted 4 spells in a row and due to her weapon she is immune to any snare and root effects. No thanks

The pvp weapon, parting silk doesn't make you immune to root lol. It has a 1.8 times/min proc rate. They probably used a 10 second potion and [Removed for Content] you.
Siphar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 11:06 AM   #54
Darkor
Server: Nagafen
Guild: Nexus
Rank: Ancient and Mummified

Loremaster
Darkor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Germany
Posts: 1,957
Default

Shadow_Viper wrote:
Ajjantis wrote:

I am not going to fight a swashbuckler anymore, the last fight vs faerie i wasted 2 potions and 2 miracles and it was still impossible to get her down. She resisted 4 spells in a row and due to her weapon she is immune to any snare and root effects. No thanks

Please take a look at this thread.   Welcome to the Jungle: EQ2 PVP

The class boards are also extremely useful!

Furies

Sir, i dont think i need anyone to teach me the classes i play.
__________________
Steal 90 Assassin

Darkor 90 Swashbuckler

Daerkin 90 Shadowknight

Daerkor 90 Templar

Ajjantis 90 Warden

Melodic 90 Dirge

Dayo 90 Monk

Rasiel 88 Conjuror

Razyeel 70 Wizard

Biyon 65 Beastlord
Darkor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 11:41 AM   #55
Necodem

General
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: France
Posts: 325
Default

Siphar wrote:
Ajjantis wrote:
Sightless wrote:

Ajjantis

I want to see a fraps of your Fury fighting a Swashbuckler, your Brigand killing "equal" level Furies. I want to see a fraps with you in it, that shows you actually know what you're talking about it. Not fraps that show you standing there, doing absolutely nothing to save yourself, while your group, (with a tracker in it) runs in circles while a Ranger is killing you.

I'll await these fraps.

I am not going to fight a swashbuckler anymore, the last fight vs faerie i wasted 2 potions and 2 miracles and it was still impossible to get her down. She resisted 4 spells in a row and due to her weapon she is immune to any snare and root effects. No thanks

The pvp weapon, parting silk doesn't make you immune to root lol. It has a 1.8 times/min proc rate. They probably used a 10 second potion and [I cannot control my vocabulary] you.
It does, I got it, so I know the proc...
Necodem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 12:03 PM   #56
Darkor
Server: Nagafen
Guild: Nexus
Rank: Ancient and Mummified

Loremaster
Darkor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Germany
Posts: 1,957
Default

Siphar wrote:
Ajjantis wrote:
Sightless wrote:

Ajjantis

I want to see a fraps of your Fury fighting a Swashbuckler, your Brigand killing "equal" level Furies. I want to see a fraps with you in it, that shows you actually know what you're talking about it. Not fraps that show you standing there, doing absolutely nothing to save yourself, while your group, (with a tracker in it) runs in circles while a Ranger is killing you.

I'll await these fraps.

I am not going to fight a swashbuckler anymore, the last fight vs faerie i wasted 2 potions and 2 miracles and it was still impossible to get her down. She resisted 4 spells in a row and due to her weapon she is immune to any snare and root effects. No thanks

The pvp weapon, parting silk doesn't make you immune to root lol. It has a 1.8 times/min proc rate. They probably used a 10 second potion and [I cannot control my vocabulary] you.
Cure Arcana Potion, Freedom of Action, Signet, Parting Silk and now count in the root immunity you get after every root = Pretty much root immune for the next 2 minuts. The fight actually lasts 10 seconds top.
__________________
Steal 90 Assassin

Darkor 90 Swashbuckler

Daerkin 90 Shadowknight

Daerkor 90 Templar

Ajjantis 90 Warden

Melodic 90 Dirge

Dayo 90 Monk

Rasiel 88 Conjuror

Razyeel 70 Wizard

Biyon 65 Beastlord
Darkor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 12:07 PM   #57
Sorffats

Loremaster
Sorffats's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 377
Default

To answer the OP's question...

The reason that scouts get everything is because, as rumor would have it, everyone knows that SOE dev's all play scouts on pvp servers.   I suppose there is no real way to prove that, but that seems to be the general explanation.  You see every other class getting hit with some kind of nerf, but oh wait, they forgot to give something to the scouts, so it gets immediate attention.  I dunno, makes sense to me.  If I were a dev, I'd certainly stop brawler nerfs.  ;p

Sorffats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 12:23 PM   #58
Zimike

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 75
Default

The problem is that this game was not designed with PVP in mind when it came out. This explains why Scout classes are overpowered in PVP.  When it comes to Scouts, you don't have to know how to play your class to be a good one. Most mages do not have the ability to run from a fight(which is ironic that Scouts with Chain armor can evac) and this dooms them from the get go. As a mage, we get snared, stunned, stifled,.. you name it and most of the time have no hope of getting away from a fight we are not going to win anyways, while Scouts get the "I'm going to lose, so I better evac to save my fame" button.

 Mages can do a large amount of damage, but our casting times limit that DPS in PVP. Scouts can lang 8-16 hits in the same time it takes a mage class to get off one or two attacks. Our stuns last maybe 4 second and break,.. roots break, interrupts take way too long to cast to use in pvp, all mages can do it pray to God that can land that one nuke that will take them down maybe 40% health and that is pushing it.

 You have to ask yourself one question,..... why does a class with better armor, better resists, better abilities, evac, safe house, also have better PVP DPS?    .. to be honest... I do not have a good answer. This is how things are and what we as mages have to deal with. We can only hope that Sony will focus more on balancing the PVP server.

Scouts right now have the game set on Easy Mode, while Mages have it set to Nightmare....[I cannot control my vocabulary].

 I am too lazy to break it down today on a mathematical level so that Scouts can understand the facts are they are(most are in a world of their own), so I hope my experience of knowing my class and others will be enough.

Zimike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 12:39 PM   #59
Bozidar

Loremaster
Bozidar's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 3,292
Default

The problem is people can't get their brains around that there is no real balance in solo pvp, nor should sacrifices/changes be made to strieve for this.  It's a group game.  Come to me with a problem in group pvp and i'll champion that cause with you to get dev attention.

but "oh no, scouts have so many utilities" -- i read that 2 years ago when the pvp servers came out.  It's nothing new.

 It's shocking that classes who's primary function is being a hunter are good for pvp, right?

Bozidar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 12:55 PM   #60
Zimike

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 75
Default

Bozidar wrote:

The problem is people can't get their brains around that there is no real balance in solo pvp, nor should sacrifices/changes be made to strieve for this.  It's a group game.  Come to me with a problem in group pvp and i'll champion that cause with you to get dev attention.

but "oh no, scouts have so many utilities" -- i read that 2 years ago when the pvp servers came out.  It's nothing new.

 It's shocking that classes who's primary function is being a hunter are good for pvp, right?

I understand how groups work and I do know some classes fit better in groups, but you can just as easily take these same Scout classes, put them in a group, and still they would be more powerful then the mages. There are balacing issues group or no group. You are thinking from a PVE stand point and need to open your eyes.
Zimike is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 05:12 AM.

vBulletin skin by: CompleteGFX.com
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
All threads and posts originally from the EQ2 and Station forums operated by Sony Online Entertainment. Their use is by express written permission.